PDA

View Full Version : McCoy's first real game as a Buccaneer

Sooner in Tampa
9/13/2010, 08:50 AM
http://prod.static.buccaneers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2010/09-September/540x360_X4F5335--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

http://prod.static.buccaneers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2010/09-September/540x360_X4F5339--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

McCoy, the third overall pick in the draft, registered three stops and a forced fumble in his first regular-season game. Price and Miller added two tackles apiece and the Browns ran 12 times for only 17 yards in the final two quarters.

"It was just great to get a win,'' said McCoy, who usually lined up across from savvy veteran (http://www2.tbo.com/topic/k/savvy-veteran/) guard Eric Steinbach. "I think I played fairly well and we got a win for our fans. I'm happy about it, but I'm not going to dwell on it.''

Friday Night at the Miller Lite Buccaneer Kickoff party

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/hack7327/DSCN1764.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/hack7327/DSCN1765.jpg

Mad Dog Madsen
9/13/2010, 08:57 AM
GK just seems like a star in the making. Nice pics as always... Thanks for sharing!

stoops the eternal pimp
9/13/2010, 08:59 AM
Played well in his first game...and cleveland was a great opponent for him to open up with..definitely a confidence builder, but it for sure isn't gonna get easier

badger
9/13/2010, 10:25 AM
I totally saw Tommie Harris pick up a fumble when they were showing highlights of Sunday's games. Not a Bears fan by any stretch of the imagination, but definitely a Sooner alum fan :D

Piware
9/13/2010, 12:56 PM
Good for you Gerald. A classy kid with his head on straight. He will only improve with time.

SunnySooner
9/13/2010, 01:16 PM
I think the Tampa peeps will come to love him as much as we do. Good luck to GK and all our NFL alums making us proud(er), and thanks for the pics!!

Sooner in Tampa
9/13/2010, 06:04 PM
http://prod.static.buccaneers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2010/09-September/20100910_miller-lite-kickoff_c2_7463--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Gerald McCoy: It’s hard not to get excited about this kid. I keep trying to talk myself out of building up too many expectations for the rookie, but when you see him playing like a seasoned vet, it’s hard not to. By my count he had a tackle for loss, another solo tackle and an assisted tackle with two pressures and two hits on the quarterback. He also drew a holding penalty against the Browns because of his penetration. And he played all over the line.

In addition to his regular undertackle duties, he lined up at nose tackle and both defensive end spots at times in both four-man and three man-lines. And none of it seemed to be too much for him.

He still has to work on his technique when it comes to slip blocks, and he needs to work on penetrating more when he has a line stunt that calls for him to go inside to the next gap. But for that to be his first real NFL action, the guy showed me a lot. Now it’s a matter of consistency. He has to be able to do it next week and every week after as well. If he can do that he’s going to be special, that’s for sure.

Soonermagik
9/13/2010, 06:32 PM
I'm a huge bucs fan!! Gerald was up at my work several weeks back and signed a ball for me. He's a great guy and is huge in person.

I watched yesterday's game courtesy of the NFL sunday ticket and he looked really solid. Please keep these updates coming.

Sam.England
9/13/2010, 06:33 PM
Gotta love him, he is a legend! I have no doubt he will do great, and has probably one of the best personalities out there. Legend!

Okie35
9/13/2010, 06:34 PM
I'm a Bucs fan so when we got him I was extremely happy. He played well, the team is young and can only get better.

Sooner in Tampa
9/16/2010, 10:49 AM
McColy has his own radio show already...info we learned last night:

There’s nothing earth-shattering to report, but Joe did compile some interesting nuggets from No. 93.

McCoy lives with his sister in Tampa. His grandmother died last week, but he is staying in Tampa while his close-knit family is together in Oklahoma. ”They know I’m out here, and I have to work.”
McCoy tried to play basketball his freshman year of high school but his dad didn’t allow it. “My father was like, ‘Nope, no injuries for you.’ We got to play football.’”
He plans on being in the playoffs.
He had no problem with the speed of pro game.
The Bucs team nutritionist helps him out with a meal regimen.
He plays lots of video games. He’s not a big Madden player, but he plays it now “because I’m in it. “ Outside of video games, in his free time McCoy says, “I read my bible a lot.”
McCoy was quite pleased Florida State fans were brought down to earth after losing big to his beloved Oklahoma Sooners on Saturday. “We have a 32 home game winning streak for a reason.”
McCoy definitely is comfortable behind the microphone. He doesn’t play like a rookie there, either.

stoopified
9/16/2010, 10:56 AM
McCoy is a great ambassador for both OU and Oklahoma.My heart and prayersout to him and his family

badger
9/16/2010, 11:07 AM
McColy has his own radio show already...info we learned last night:

[LEFT]

It will only be a matter of time before they give him a TV show or at least get him to make guest appearances on local shows. Back in GB they gave a few Packers their own show and it was can't-miss because they were likable guys like GK.

He is like the anti-Sapp, so opposing fans might have trouble hating him too :P

WisconsinSooner
9/16/2010, 11:35 AM
Inside the Huddle with Donald Driver is pretty good television in GB as is Tuesday Night Touchback with Daryn Colledge & Jason Spitz.

rawlingsHOH
9/16/2010, 11:56 AM
“We have a 32 home game winning streak for a reason.”

sooneron
9/16/2010, 11:58 AM
Inside the Huddle with Donald Driver is pretty good television in GB as is Tuesday Night Touchback with Daryn Colledge & Jason Spitz.

What about High School Dance Party with Mark Chmura?:D

WisconsinSooner
9/16/2010, 12:11 PM
What about High School Dance Party with Mark Chmura?:D

ROFL I think the show got cancelled along with Brett Favre, M.D.

(and I'm a huge fan of Favre. :P )

McCoy is one of those guys that even as a D-Lineman can become the face of a franchise along the lines of a Reggie White.