PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Refs

SicEmBaylor
9/13/2010, 02:10 AM
I know that's almost an oxymoron, but this last Saturday's Baylor/Buffalo game had some of the dumbest-*** refs I have ever seen at a football game. They didn't cost us a game like they did to you v. Oregon, but it was still pretty bad...

TWICE during the game, the refs forgot what down it was after reviewing a play. The refs called 3rd down when it was actually 4th down, so CAB called a timeout to point out that it was 4th down not 3rd which they had to review. What's worse, they tried to dock him a time out later in the game claiming he was out of timeouts, but I think they reinstated the timeout he had to use to correct the down mistake.

I believe the other time it happened was virtually the same circumstance, but it was Buffalo who pointed it out.

Absolutely f'in pitiful. If you're a ref and can't keep track of what down it is then you have no business reffing a pee-wee game much less an NCAA game.

Leroy Lizard
9/13/2010, 02:24 AM
I know that's almost an oxymoron, but this last Saturday's Baylor/Buffalo game had some of the dumbest-*** refs I have ever seen at a football game. They didn't cost us a game like they did to you v. Oregon, but it was still pretty bad...

Oxymoron? Hmmm... okay.

King Barry's Back
9/13/2010, 02:24 AM
Refs suck. For sure.

I seem to remember the old Big 8 being alright, and then the first year of the Big XII -- they all sucked like a bucket of ticks. All kinds of onfield confusion and coordination issues between the reffing crews. Like the Keystone Kops, just a mess.

I remember predicting, "Thisis all new. The problems'll all smooth out after a couple of years."

But they never really did. Wish I knew what the problem is/was.

Crucifax Autumn
9/13/2010, 02:30 AM
I think you don't know what oxymoron means. You were looking for the simpler, and accurate, "redundant".

SicEmBaylor
9/13/2010, 02:39 AM
I think you don't know what oxymoron means. You were looking for the simpler, and accurate, "redundant".

You're right. I'm tired and partially drunk. Not sure why I used oxymoron. :D

Crucifax Autumn
9/13/2010, 02:41 AM
Besides, it's spelled "oxymoran"!

Blue
9/13/2010, 02:46 AM
If you're a ref and can't keep track of what down it is then you have no business reffing a pee-wee game much less an NCAA game.

Baylor vs Buffalo...Hmmm...;)

SicEmBaylor
9/13/2010, 02:47 AM
Baylor vs Buffalo...Hmmm...;)

Watch it. I assume you like being green. ;)

yermom
9/13/2010, 04:13 AM
i was about to say that was kind of a quality win, but i guess it was Turner Gill that turned them around, and he is now at Kansas. i don't at all remember who took his place in that merry-go-round coaching deal after last season

you guys gonna be able to give TCU a game?

Frozen Sooner
9/13/2010, 08:14 AM

Or the more pretentious "tautology".

stoops the eternal pimp
9/13/2010, 09:08 AM
I guess you missed the 3 or 4 time reviewed LJ fumble play

Statalyzer
9/13/2010, 12:54 PM
i was about to say that was kind of a quality win, but i guess it was Turner Gill that turned them around

They wouldn't have been a quality win even last year with Gill at the helm. Two years ago maybe, when they managed to win their conference while going 8-6 on the year.

jumperstop
9/13/2010, 01:05 PM
I guess you missed the 3 or 4 time reviewed LJ fumble play

Absolutely ridiculous...get it right the first time. I understand they, the coaches/players, and the fans want it to be right, but at what cost? Stopping the game every two min? It feels like they use it as a saftey net because they are too slow or stupid to get it right the first time. Too many reviews period. Makes you wonder what they did before they had review. Let's hope the answer to that is not get the call wrong.

cvsooner
9/13/2010, 01:05 PM
Those were ACC refs.

oumartin
9/13/2010, 01:11 PM

TWICE during the game, the refs forgot what down it was after reviewing a play. The refs called 3rd down when it was actually 4th down, so CAB called a timeout to point out that it was 4th down not 3rd which they had to review. What's worse, they tried to dock him a time out later in the game claiming he was out of timeouts, but I think they reinstated the timeout he had to use to correct the down mistake.

I believe the other time it happened was virtually the same circumstance, but it was Buffalo who pointed it out.

Absolutely f'in pitiful. If you're a ref and can't keep track of what down it is then you have no business reffing a pee-wee game much less an NCAA game.

who gives a flip, this aint a freakin' Baylor Bears football forum.
If you wanna talk about your craptastic team go do it on someone elses craptastic board.

CrimsonJim
9/13/2010, 01:14 PM
I was wondering how long it would take somebody to say that. lol

jumperstop
9/13/2010, 01:20 PM
who gives a flip, this aint a freakin' Baylor Bears football forum.
If you wanna talk about your craptastic team go do it on someone elses craptastic board.

I may not have many post, but I've been on here for the past few years now and it seems pretty much everyone here likes SicEm. I know I've never had a problem with thier postings on here. Why the anger? Don't post in the thread if you don't want to. And if it bothers you cause there are too many threads for your liking or something to that effect, maybe you should complain about multiple threads for other topics. Seems like the other 10 or so people in the thread didn't get all up in arms about it being about Baylor related.

jumperstop
9/13/2010, 01:21 PM
Those were ACC refs.

I seem to not like the quality of refs from any conference these days.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/15/2010, 11:22 AM
Baylor and TCU this week..interesting

rawlingsHOH
9/15/2010, 11:25 AM
Baylor and TCU this week..interesting

Agree, bad blood. You never know.