PDA

View Full Version : Wallace news

Tigeman
9/12/2010, 11:20 PM
So apparently Wallace is cooling on us, and Sweater Vest U is in the mix now. WTF? He apparently approached them!

Discuss....:pop:

soonerguild
9/13/2010, 09:39 AM
I kinda had a feeling that if he were gonna come here he would have commited by now. Funny, I had read where he was high to thug U.

Jello Biafra
9/13/2010, 09:40 AM
have you seen our LB corps this year? worried about competition? we dont need him if that's the case.

Tigeman
9/13/2010, 05:31 PM
have you seen our LB corps this year? worried about competition? we dont need him if that's the case.

Lewis is gone after this year, and Ronnell will not be playing LB anymore.

Jello Biafra
9/14/2010, 09:05 AM
Lewis is gone after this year, and Ronnell will not be playing LB anymore.

so thats it? we're out of linebackers? wort is the only one on the roster?

soonerguild
9/14/2010, 09:11 AM
Man you know how it goes, people always want to get every recruit or we are screwed, until they get to campus and then we have to recruit over them, or we are screwed.

EstablishedSooner1967
9/14/2010, 02:48 PM
This will go down to the wire... BV has had him as his #1 target.. He has been to OU a lot! His very close friend Cory Nelson plays at OU and there is a lot of time to worry about this before Feb. unless he pulls the trigger before then. I am sure BS and BV are all over him. They want him but if he does go that long way to tOSU makes for a long trip for friends and family to go see.. but he may want to go play for the slow teams in the Big 10

Tigeman
9/15/2010, 01:11 AM
so thats it? we're out of linebackers? wort is the only one on the roster?

Nope but come on, you can't say you weren't referring specifically to R. Lewis, Wort and Corey Nelson? W/ Ronnell gone out of that position, that leaves 2 to worry about. Box is around for only one more year once he's better. So he's not one Wallace would really concern himself with, as he's stated he intends to RS.

It all depends on where we intend to play him. But other than Wort, and Nelson, I see him beating out everyone else we have. Including Jaydan, and Ibiloye. Of course he's projected as a MLB, and well... Wort might have something to say about that.

stoopified
9/30/2010, 05:55 PM
I don't get excited one way or another about who we sign.We won the 2000 NC without a bunch of bluechips and we did NOT win one with a bunch of bluechips like Bomar and AD.

Mad Dog Madsen
10/1/2010, 08:12 AM
I don't get excited one way or another about who we sign.We won the 2000 NC without a bunch of bluechips and we did NOT win one with a bunch of bluechips like Bomar and AD.

Hmmm... but USC did!!! :D

soonerguild
10/5/2010, 12:21 PM
wallace was a vistor on our sideline in dallas, fyi.

jessegl25
10/14/2010, 02:02 AM
Wallace isn't committing anytime soon. He'll visit Ohio State when they play Michigan.

soonergolfer
10/14/2010, 10:46 AM
We are in pretty good shape @ LB for next year:

Nelson at WLB
Box or Wort at MLB
R Lewis or Ibiloye at SLB

depth somewhat of a concern but Bird, Franklin & Favors should be OK

Mad Dog Madsen
10/14/2010, 02:29 PM

Nelson at WLB
Box or Wort at MLB

All I see is a bunch of hype and unproven players...

ratherthanlater
10/14/2010, 03:01 PM

Nelson at WLB
Box or Wort at MLB

I was under the impression Ronnell's move to DE was permanent?

soonergolfer
10/15/2010, 11:26 AM
Any incoming freshman would also be unproven.

In reality we only play 2 LBers.

Ronnell will most likely stay at DE but I see him playing some in a 2 point, basically a LB.

Wort & Box will have experience next year & the coaches love Nelson.

We will see Jefferson as the "roy back" Nelson at WLB & Wort or Box at Sam

Bird & Ibiloye will provide depth. We need one or two others to step up & compete for time

Mad Dog Madsen
10/15/2010, 03:23 PM
I just think Anthony Wallace would be a huge pick-up for us. He's an awesome inside linebacker and would probably see the field as a true freshman. I love the kid and hope we get him. He's only being recruited by everybody in the nation...

soonergolfer
10/15/2010, 03:36 PM
Hopefully we get him!

Tigeman
10/15/2010, 05:43 PM
Lets just hope he doesn't show up like this....
http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv13/whoopspat/38195_408492788308_614488308_4616777_7786147_n.jpg

Or if he does, lets hope Schmitty can rip him up!

goingoneight
10/15/2010, 06:57 PM
That's the good thing about football players showing up with that baby fat on 'em. Better than string beans you're trying to put some mass on. You can always build the little extra you're carrying around.

birddog
10/15/2010, 09:21 PM
Any incoming freshman would also be unproven.

In reality we only play 2 LBers.

Ronnell will most likely stay at DE but I see him playing some in a 2 point, basically a LB.

Wort & Box will have experience next year & the coaches love Nelson.

We will see Jefferson as the "roy back" Nelson at WLB & Wort or Box at Sam

Bird & Ibiloye will provide depth. We need one or two others to step up & compete for time

am i crazy or does bird need to pack on a couple lbs.? i know he's young but man, he looks undersized.

hopefully schmitty can get our guys to be more than recreation enthusiasts and implement a weight training program. i hear it's all the rage. the whorns started the concept of lifting weights a few years ago and it is my hope that we follow suit and get a couple of weight benches close to the stadium so that we can compete on a level playing field.

or, we could ask casey studdard what to do.

Shakadoodoo
10/19/2010, 08:18 AM
I am not saying he will or will not come, but even though I was pretty certain I was going to OU - I still took all of my recruiting trips. Free trips to other states and campuses where you are wined and dined. Who would miss out on that!

Soonermagik
10/21/2010, 07:15 PM
I am not saying he will or will not come, but even though I was pretty certain I was going to OU - I still took all of my recruiting trips. Free trips to other states and campuses where you are wined and dined. Who would miss out on that!

What were you recruited for.. water polo?:D Seriously, let's hear your story.

Catch 22
10/23/2010, 03:46 PM
Oregon Ducks are in the lead right now for Wallace.

Tigeman
10/25/2010, 01:39 PM
Oregon Ducks are in the lead right now for Wallace.

Where'd you hear this one at?

HBick
10/31/2010, 05:27 PM
bump for question right before me

Tigeman
11/1/2010, 12:48 AM
HBick it's on some of the other boards now! Oregon is pretty confident they got him right now! Of course there's still time and I also think when it comes down to it, distance from home is gonna be a factor.

yankee
11/21/2010, 09:23 PM
anyone hear the rumor that he's committed to oregon???

KiiDSooNER
11/21/2010, 10:04 PM
anyone hear the rumor that he's committed to oregon???

It's true.

Mad Dog Madsen
11/22/2010, 05:07 PM
Damn...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/sectionsports/football/recruiting/player-Anthony-Wallace-85198

boomersooner28
11/22/2010, 05:12 PM
I still say when it's all said and done, Wallace will be a Sooner.

Tigeman
11/22/2010, 06:45 PM
Doubtful Boomer. Apparently our coaches were kind of pissed at the kid and had started giving him a bit of a cold shoulder.

Besides, if you've seen him, I think he's a lazy player. I don't think he's willing to work hard, especially in the off season. Don't believe me, just pull up his pics and check out the gut. I hope for the kids sake, I'm wrong, but I just have this feeling.