PDA

View Full Version : Since it appears Colorado

yukonsooner
9/12/2010, 07:30 PM
will be staying through the 2011 season, how is that going to affect the conference scheduling?

OUDizzle
9/12/2010, 07:46 PM
One more year for their students to throw stuff onto the field.

kevpks
9/12/2010, 09:04 PM
They still play football in Boulder?

Soonermagik
9/12/2010, 09:07 PM
I say we just release the bums. They are a joke of a program and always will be.

DenverSooner751
9/12/2010, 09:13 PM

LOL. They would have you believe this....

JLEW1818
9/12/2010, 09:15 PM
we owe them this year.... i wanna drop a 60 burger on them .

StoopTroup
9/12/2010, 09:17 PM
http://www.whataburger.com/whataburger_serves/gfx/wbs-60yrs.jpg

Mr. Nuke
9/12/2010, 10:20 PM
will be staying through the 2011 season, how is that going to affect the conference scheduling?
The conference has to make a new schedule. There are obviously 11 teams, so during conference play someone is going to have a bye week. Those will have to be planned carefully to make the schedule work out. The conference has to decide whether they want to go to 9 games with 11 or wait until Colorado leaves. Then of course there becomes the question of who plays (or doesn't play) who with an unbalanced schedule. I wouldn't count on Colorado getting any scheduling breaks though.

bluedogok
9/12/2010, 10:22 PM
If we play up there next year I will try and go to the game, never been to one at Boulder.

Crucifax Autumn
9/12/2010, 10:46 PM

They suit up a bunch of kids and send 'em out to run around and ****, but no, they don't play football up there.

John Kochtoston
9/12/2010, 10:47 PM
If we play up there next year I will try and go to the game, never been to one at Boulder.

You aren't missing much.

budbarrybob
9/12/2010, 11:35 PM
everyone gets a bye week when they play CU the next 2 years.

SoFla Sooner
9/12/2010, 11:38 PM
Let's just make sure once the Pac Ten gets them, they can't give them back.

unbiasedtruth
9/12/2010, 11:39 PM

actually is a nice place to see the game.... the Flatirons as a backdrop and sunsets there are truly spectacular during the games. Wifey is a CU grad, been to several games there, even OU's last visit, fans for the most part are cool, just a few obnoxious ones here and there. you gotta expect that because their program sucks so bad these days.....

go to allbuffs.com and listen to all the "negative nancys" there. some funny stuff about their President, AD, HC and his assistants, not to mention player bashing here and there(and this, player bashing) is against their forum rules....

Crucifax Autumn
9/12/2010, 11:51 PM
If that was a rule here there'd be 15-20 people banned after every time another team scores on us or miss a crucial first down.

ouwasp
9/12/2010, 11:51 PM
I went to CU for a seminar back in the summer of '09. Really thought the campus was nice, although the parking was bad. But I'd kinda like to go to a game there. Boulder is one ... different sort of place. Counter-culture, if you get what I mean. Nice place to VISIT...

Next year they'll prolly have a new coach. Wonder if the Boise St coach would be interested? Last one was. OTOH, they may want to "make a statement" by hiring the first openly gay HC in Div I...

silverwheels
9/12/2010, 11:53 PM
The Big 12 should kick them out after this year, anyway. Make them be an independent for a year.

Scott D
9/13/2010, 01:32 AM
based on what Cal did to them, it should be interesting when they finally join the Pac-10.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/13/2010, 01:37 AM
The Big 12 should kick them out after this year, anyway. Make them be an independent for a year.That WOULD BE hilarious!

Jacie
9/13/2010, 06:15 AM
Instead of trying to reschedule the entire league, how about the teams with a puffs game count is OOC?

HBick
9/13/2010, 07:09 AM
How about we just skip Iowa State for the time being, because now that we will get to murder Snyder and his housecats on a yearly basis I am extremely excited.

sendbaht
9/13/2010, 07:18 AM
Forget about them. They want to leave and now stick around for one more year, make them sit out one football year, no one play them. Traders!

texaspokieokie
9/13/2010, 11:23 AM
the last game up there wasn't so easy.

BillyBall
9/13/2010, 11:36 AM
I went to CU for a seminar back in the summer of '09. Really thought the campus was nice, although the parking was bad. But I'd kinda like to go to a game there. Boulder is one ... different sort of place. Counter-culture, if you get what I mean. Nice place to VISIT...

Next year they'll prolly have a new coach. Wonder if the Boise St coach would be interested? Last one was. OTOH, they may want to "make a statement" by hiring the first openly gay HC in Div I...

They did that already, his name is Rick Neuheisel.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/13/2010, 11:53 AM
CU will head to the Pac-whatever with a new coach...

stoopified
9/13/2010, 11:54 AM
LOL. They would have you believe this....Yeah BUT we owe them payback,not only this year BUT next year in Boulder.

In fairness a good coach can turn the Buffs back into awinner.

jumperstop
9/13/2010, 11:54 AM

I would like to make it up there if we play there cause I've heard it's real pretty with the mountains visible from the stadium and it being a nice college campus. Wouldn't go out of my way if OU wasn't playing there though. The students are probably too party oriented/stoned for my taste.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/13/2010, 11:58 AM
The Big 12 should kick them out after this year, anyway. Make them be an independent for a year.

That would be good for them, Then they would get to keep all of their bowl money.

Oh, wait...

SoonerShark
9/13/2010, 01:02 PM
Texas won't get the return NU game next year? OSU and A&M won't need to go to Lincoln next year?

I would like to go to Boulder next year, but hopefully with better results than in 2007. We really screwed up in 2007 against a bad team.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/13/2010, 01:03 PM
Forget about them. They want to leave and now stick around for one more year, make them sit out one football year, no one play them. Traders!

What are they trading...Some whacky t'backy for patchouli oil?

ba'dump-dump

Shakadoodoo
9/13/2010, 01:14 PM

When I was in college, going to Boulder was a complete blast! But it wasn't because of the football team.

After that whooping they got from Cal - the Pac 10 is probably hiring crooked lawyers to find a way to breach their contract!

SoonerPr8r
9/13/2010, 01:20 PM
Just put them in time-out and not let them play all year. It would be their first undefeated season in a long time.

CrimsonJim
9/13/2010, 01:32 PM
You forgot, they probably already have some OOC games scheduled, so they would still fail. :)

badger
9/13/2010, 01:38 PM
Just put them in time-out and not let them play all year. It would be their first undefeated season in a long time.

It might also save the athletic department a lot of money. I doubt their program is profitable, since they can't even afford to fire Hawk or get the eff outta the conference they're trying to leave

humblesooner
9/13/2010, 04:37 PM
I think the B12 needs to tell them that we don't have any 2011 opponents for them. They made their bed, let them lie in it.
If Nebraska is gone, then CU is gone, too.
The P10/P12 doesn't want them until 2012? Sorry, not our problem.
Why should the B12 have to try to figure out an unbalanced schedule to accomodate CU who is leaving of their own accord?

bluedogok
9/13/2010, 08:59 PM
I would like to make it up there if we play there cause I've heard it's real pretty with the mountains visible from the stadium and it being a nice college campus. Wouldn't go out of my way if OU wasn't playing there though. The students are probably too party oriented/stoned for my taste.
It is a beautiful campus, we were in Boulder last June and hopefully they will have a Broncos game the same weekend. We did that when OU played KU at Arrowhead.....of course we may be living up there by then so it would be an easy trip.

MI Sooner
9/13/2010, 09:09 PM
someone mentioned a nine game schedule...

it's mathematically impossible for 11 teams to play a none game schedule.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/15/2010, 11:09 AM
not really...they could just decide not to play football next year

Crucifax Autumn
9/15/2010, 01:05 PM
How will that be different from this year?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/15/2010, 01:11 PM
not really...they could just decide not to play football next yearhaha...YES!

soonervegas
9/15/2010, 01:22 PM
Let's keep in mind. The primary reason CU left was to get a jump on Baylor. They thought 5 other Big 12 schools were leaving at the time.

We should give them temporary shelter (and us any easy W) till 2012.

King Crimson
9/15/2010, 01:25 PM
Let's keep in mind. The primary reason CU left was to get a jump on Baylor. They thought 5 other Big 12 schools were leaving at the time.

not true. CU has been dreaming of going to the Pac for the 15 years i've lived in Colorado. they see themselves as "cultural" aristocrats to the serfs of the Big 8. and they don't like Texas.

Honestly, I STILL don't know how this worked out so well for Colorado. the Denver media market doesn't care about them, they've been awful in both men's revenue sports for half a decade and a large % of their alum base is scattered all over the nation....though, a bunch in Cali. still....

rawlingsHOH
9/15/2010, 01:26 PM
I think a little of both was in play.

King Crimson
9/15/2010, 01:34 PM
I think a little of both was in play.

trust me. i've worked at CU since 00.

Baylor was the one who was going to be left out, and then went public media hammer job at CU (BU is at best CU's equal academically and athletically, sure BU has last year's hoops team, but really? Baylor?) and started playing Texas state politics to try and catch the wagon. CU had an invite, whether UT, OU, OSU, et al came along or not.

as witnessed by what happened. CU's offer was not a contingent deal. the Pac offered CU in 91 but CU's Board of Chancellors voted it down since they were the big dogs in the Big 8 at the time. Fans all wanted to move west.

Scott D
9/15/2010, 01:58 PM
Or more importantly, the two schools that are leaving are the two schools that truly pay more than official lip service in the "we hate texas (university of)" game.

bluedogok
9/15/2010, 09:52 PM
Or more importantly, the two schools that are leaving are the two schools that truly pay more than official lip service in the "we hate texas (university of)" game.
That's for sure....they probably more than anyone was affected by the power shift that occurred when the SWC schools joined the Big 8.

sooneron
9/15/2010, 10:21 PM
I say let the puffs swing in the wind.

Scott D
9/16/2010, 11:42 AM
And for ****s and giggles

Unhappy football fan wants CU to pay for his California trip
The Denver Post

BOULDER — University of Colorado senior Julien Lounis packed his bags and headed to Berkeley, Calif., on Friday to watch the Buffaloes' football game against future Pac-10 rival Cal. But after watching CU get "hammered" 52-7, Lounis and his friends left in the third quarter.

"I was just so disappointed by our team, again, and I wanted to make a point to the athletic department about it," Lounis said.

And a statement was definitely made when Lounis sent an e-mail to the athletic department requesting reimbursement for his ticket and travel expenses.

"That does not even deserve a response," CU athletics spokesman David Plati wrote in an e-mail Tuesday.

Lounis' e-mail included an invoice detailing his flight, hotel and ticket cost, which totaled $401.40.

Whitney Bryen, Colorado Daily

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16087501#ixzz0ziBahxz8

sooneron
9/16/2010, 11:59 AM
That guy must think Chip Kelly is CU's coach.

MeMyself&Me
9/16/2010, 12:52 PM
One of the most frustrating things I have done is fork over a good chunk of hard earned cash to see the team I went to see... just not perform, show up, give effort or whatever. I can handle a loss but when they don't play well do to reasons like that, it's another thing.

Yeah, wish I had my money back in those cases. BUT, it ain't happening. I know the risk when I buy the ticket.