PDA

View Full Version : Madu

meoveryouxinfinity
9/12/2010, 09:25 AM
great game. so glad to have him back at RB. Could be a season changer having him backing up DM.

StoopTroup
9/12/2010, 09:39 AM
ROCKED THE FOCK!

MojoRisen
9/12/2010, 09:45 AM
Madu looked solid! Murray got un hurt after a few series..

Soonermagik
9/12/2010, 09:47 AM
Madu is a beast.

oudavid1
9/12/2010, 10:13 AM
Mosis Lead the people to the promise land

mehip
9/12/2010, 10:30 AM
The best he has looked his career at OU. I hope the o-line can keep improving in the run game. If they can I think we run the table and compete with anyone.

StoopTroup
9/12/2010, 10:33 AM
Injuries is what our Team is going to need to over come over the course of our season.

I saw guys playing like they did in 2000 yesterday.

Our Coaches are the freaking bomb.

cheezyq
9/12/2010, 01:23 PM
I love Madu...but only a 1-game suspension from a DUI? Maybe there's something I don't know about the situation, but that seems like an Urban Meyer move, unfortunately. Oh well. I've always loved the way he plays, and I'm happy to see him back.

SoonerPr8r
9/12/2010, 01:34 PM
I love Madu...but only a 1-game suspension from a DUI? Maybe there's something I don't know about the situation, but that seems like an Urban Meyer move, unfortunately. Oh well. I've always loved the way he plays, and I'm happy to see him back.

No Urban would have kept him out for a play or maybe half a quarter. 1 game for the first DUI is pretty standard these days.

StoopTroup
9/12/2010, 01:41 PM

Trust in the Coaches.

That's like some sort of aggie **** right there.

cheezyq
9/12/2010, 03:34 PM
Trust in the Coaches.

That's like some sort of aggie **** right there.

WTF? First of all, only fools trust everyone's decisions just because their a fan.

Beyond that, I didn't question the coaches. I was just wondering what the circumstances were that led them to think only a 1-game suspension was enough...against Utah State no less. If it was something like the Mizzou coach, where he got in his car waiting for a ride and only turned on the car to get some A/C on a hot day...then I'm fine with it. Beyond that, it seems awful light.

Sorry, but knowing ppl who've died in car crashes with DUI involved, I don't take that **** as lightly as you might.

It might be aggie **** to be curious out loud about DUI punishments doled out by the coaches, but your post is just plain d-bag ****. Idiots. Hell, I even said I was happy to see Madu out there you dumbsh*t. God, the faggotry that gets posted sometimes...unreal.

OUthunder
9/12/2010, 03:35 PM
Madu looked like the 2nd coming of AD yesterday. He looked quicker than Murray to me.

cheezyq
9/12/2010, 03:38 PM
No Urban would have kept him out for a play or maybe half a quarter. 1 game for the first DUI is pretty standard these days.

Maybe...I have no idea what the standard penalty is...just seemed light, not knowing the circumstances. Either way, as I said (Pay attention, Troop), I'm glad to see him out there.

StoopTroup
9/12/2010, 03:38 PM
God, the faggotry that gets posted sometimes...unreal.

More aggie crap? Crap like that is kind of my point and you added to it.

let it go.

cheezyq
9/12/2010, 03:43 PM
More aggie crap? Crap like that is kind of my point and you added to it.

let it go.

More d-bag ****.

Tigeman
9/12/2010, 03:54 PM
Cheezy get off your damn high horse. I to have had friends pass on from DUI accidents! Both as the causes and the victims. But you don't see me raising hell about it. I see no problem w/ 1 game suspension.... what do you want?.... the whole season? People like you are the idiots that keep M.A.D.D in business making it to where you can't even have a beer at dinner w/o getting a DUI. The COLLEGE KID made a mistake, like MANY COLLEGE KIDS do! It's not your place to set the punishment! Get over it, move on! All that even needs to be said about that!

cheezyq
9/12/2010, 03:56 PM
Cheezy get off your damn high horse. I to have had friends pass on from DUI accidents! Both as the causes and the victims. But you don't see me raising hell about it. I see no problem w/ 1 game suspension.... what do you want?.... the whole season? People like you are the idiots that keep M.A.D.D in business making it to where you can't even have a beer at dinner w/o getting a DUI. The COLLEGE KID made a mistake, like MANY COLLEGE KIDS do! It's not your place to set the punishment! Get over it, move on! All that even needs to be said about that!

ROFL! Asking about the circumstances is "raising hell"? Ok.

C&CDean
9/12/2010, 04:06 PM
Just ****ing drop it. He's an of-age adult who got busted for DUI. If you got a DUI does your boss give you a week off without pay? No, you pay your fines, go to drunky school and move on. He's still gonna have to pay the fine and go to drunky school.

Tigeman
9/12/2010, 04:06 PM
ROFL! Asking about the circumstances is "raising hell"? Ok.

No no your original post wasn't.... it was your later comment...
I was just wondering what the circumstances were that led them to think only a 1-game suspension was enough...against Utah State no less. If it was something like the Mizzou coach, where he got in his car waiting for a ride and only turned on the car to get some A/C on a hot day...then I'm fine with it. Beyond that, it seems awful light.

You act as if that's not enough. One game is a big punishment, considering you only have so many games a year, and the kids a senior. So it's his last chance. I could care less if the kid was driving 90 down HWY 9 w/ a .2+ BAC, he was punished already! You seem to be forgetting the physical punishment the kid took. You can rest assured he ran the stadium for days and days after that. In addition the punishment he's gonna take from the courts!

But since you asked the circumstances, he blew a .19 and was stopped for driving left of center. Madu's arrest (http://www.koco.com/sports/24409743/detail.html)

oudavid1
9/12/2010, 04:09 PM
Just ****ing drop it. He's an of-age adult who got busted for DUI. If you got a DUI does your boss give you a week off without pay? No, you pay your fines, go to drunky school and move on. He's still gonna have to pay the fine and go to drunky school.

Dean has spoken!

Boomer.....
9/12/2010, 04:10 PM
If you didn't see the numbers, it was hard to tell if it was Madu or Murray running. He looks much faster and shiftier than he did the last couple years and will be a big benefit this season.

cheezyq
9/12/2010, 04:16 PM

Wow. Man, I apologize, but I really just don't get this. I wasn't asking for a greater suspension. I wasn't saying I hate the kid and he should be kicked off. I just wondered about his DUI. To me, DUI's a pretty big thing...but like the Mizzou coach situation...sometimes it's overblown. AT THE MOST it was just an off-hand comment just wondering out loud.

But just because I wonder out loud, everyone acts like I hate Stoops and think Madu should be skewered. I only got pissed off because StoopTroup, and now Tigeman, completely misunderstood my original post.

oudavid1
9/12/2010, 04:31 PM
ok so case closed.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/12/2010, 04:37 PM
anyway i thought DM played well too. People keep saying hes banged up, is there any truth/ rumors concerning that??

awesome pic of 'du

http://i51.tinypic.com/2vingj5.png

Reid getting pwnd
http://s3.amazonaws.com/newsok-photos/1132503/gallery_photo.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/newsok-photos/1132542/gallery_photo.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/newsok-photos/1132544/gallery_photo.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/newsok-photos/1132590/gallery_photo.jpg

btk108
9/12/2010, 05:19 PM
great to see them both playing!

rawlingsHOH
9/12/2010, 05:21 PM
WTF? First of all, only fools trust everyone's decisions just because their a fan.

Beyond that, I didn't question the coaches. I was just wondering what the circumstances were that led them to think only a 1-game suspension was enough...against Utah State no less. If it was something like the Mizzou coach, where he got in his car waiting for a ride and only turned on the car to get some A/C on a hot day...then I'm fine with it. Beyond that, it seems awful light.

Sorry, but knowing ppl who've died in car crashes with DUI involved, I don't take that **** as lightly as you might.

It might be aggie **** to be curious out loud about DUI punishments doled out by the coaches, but your post is just plain d-bag ****. Idiots. Hell, I even said I was happy to see Madu out there you dumbsh*t. God, the faggotry that gets posted sometimes...unreal.

Because the other 3 or 4 guys who have gotten DUIs over the past ten years have all gotten one game too.

Why one game? Ask Stoops. Though I'm sure there is a lot more to it. Community service, etc.

CarolinaSoonerFan
9/12/2010, 05:32 PM
Madu looked good its nice to have a guy that you can fall back on. I still hope DM stays healthy this year, he needs it, the scouts are watching.

cheezyq
9/12/2010, 07:43 PM
Because the other 3 or 4 guys who have gotten DUIs over the past ten years have all gotten one game too.

Why one game? Ask Stoops. Though I'm sure there is a lot more to it. Community service, etc.

Like I said before, I was just wondering. I didn't know the standard DUI suspension was 1 game. And you're probably right about the community service. That's something I didn't think about. I'm cool with it, always was...only curious. Thanks for the mature and informative response.

goingoneight
9/12/2010, 08:17 PM
the RBs looked fine, but the offense was built Saturday around working the edges of FSU's weak defense (LBs ans DBs). When it came down to draw plays and stuff, they pretty much were average defensively. I'd bet 300 of LJ's passing yards Saturday weren't exactly something new and exciing we've never seen before or that was "held back for FSU." I'd bet it was mostly the flat passes, screens, and laterals.

Crucifax Autumn
9/12/2010, 10:08 PM
I'm happy to see Madu back in his natural and more comfortable position. He never seemed comfortable playing exclusively as a receiver.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/15/2010, 11:34 AM
Though statistically not his best, probably his best game yet

starclassic tama
9/15/2010, 11:39 AM

more people were killed in oklahoma last year as a result of speeding than drunk driving. how many players get suspended for getting speeding tickets? not defending driving drunk, as it should obviously be against the law, but let's not act like the kid killed someone

goingoneight
9/15/2010, 11:47 AM
Nobody's defending drunk driving, but we are saying that we realize it's not like the Scarlet Letter. Go to any bar and you'll see hundreds of people driving off at 2:00AM after drinking. I think what happens in the courts is justifiably enough. And the "violating team rules (AKA getting arrested and charged with something)" usually is a one game suspension and depends on the incident. If reports are correct, Madu was pretty well lit when he got stopped. Not like a guy who Barney pulls over at 2:15 because he saw him leaving a bar after a few beers.

BillyBall
9/15/2010, 11:51 AM
let's not act like the kid killed someone

And even then, you can be Donte Stallworth and only miss a year for that.