PDA

View Full Version : Pat Condell SAYS IT ALL about the ground zero mosque!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/12/2010, 12:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjS0Novt3X4&feature=player_embedded

Sooner98
9/12/2010, 03:07 PM
False accusations of bigoted racism in 5...4...3.....

GKeeper316
9/12/2010, 03:45 PM
False accusations of bigoted racism in 5...4...3.....

ugh

GrapevineSooner
9/12/2010, 04:01 PM
No Mosque at Ground Zero?

Well, there already was one when the WTC was originally built (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/11/nyregion/11religion.html).

Over the next few days, noticing some fellow Muslims on the job, Mr. Abdus-Salaam voiced an equally essential question: “So where do you pray at?” And so he learned about the Muslim prayer room on the 17th floor of the south tower.

He went there regularly in the months to come, first doing the ablution known as wudu in a washroom fitted for cleansing hands, face and feet, and then facing toward Mecca to intone the salat prayer.

On any given day, Mr. Abdus-Salaam’s companions in the prayer room might include financial analysts, carpenters, receptionists, secretaries and ironworkers. There were American natives, immigrants who had earned citizenship, visitors conducting international business — the whole Muslim spectrum of nationality and race.

Leaping down the stairs on Sept. 11, 2001, when he had been installing ceiling speakers for a reinsurance company on the 49th floor, Mr. Abdus-Salaam had a brief, panicked thought. He didn’t see any of the Muslims he recognized from the prayer room. Where were they? Had they managed to evacuate?

tommieharris91
9/12/2010, 07:14 PM
Scott D, I would like some Italian pants.

SicEmBaylor
9/13/2010, 02:41 AM
Who in the hell is this guy and why should I give a flying rat's *** what he says?

49r
9/13/2010, 01:27 PM
what I want to know is why it's so goldang hard to learn how to embed a youtube video in a post.

OKLA21FAN
9/13/2010, 01:32 PM
"The face of terror is not the true faith of Islam.
That’s not what Islam is all about. Islam is peace. These terrorists
don’t represent peace. They represent evil and war. When we think of
Islam we think of a faith that brings comfort to a billion people
around the world. Billions of people find comfort and solace and pea...ce.
And that’s made brothers and sisters out of every race — out of every
race. America counts millions of Muslims amongst our citizens, and
Muslims make an incredibly valuable contribution to our country.
Muslims are doctors, lawyers, law professors, members of the military,
entrepreneurs, shopkeepers, moms and dads. And they need to be treated
with respect. In our anger and emotion, our fellow Americans must treat
each other with respect."

President George W. Bush
09/17/01

:pop:

9/13/2010, 01:46 PM
what I want to know is why it's so goldang hard to learn how to embed a youtube video in a post.haha, comments on the video?

49r
9/13/2010, 02:55 PM
No, I didn't watch the video 'cause it's too hard for me to click a link. I like to watch only embedded videos. Sorry.

OUMallen
9/13/2010, 03:29 PM
1. "A few yards from Ground Zero." Like over two blocks away. Let's be accurate.
2. "The religion that murdered them." Oh come on.
3. "Mosque on the ground where they died." Untrue.
4. The United Nations is "so Islam-friendly" that it should have a minaret? Shouldn't the UN be basically every-religion friendly?

I couldn't watch much more of it beyond that. But I was unimpressed.

Ike
9/13/2010, 03:36 PM
I watched about 20 seconds...Why do people post videos like this? Why not write it out and post it to a blog or some crap?

Personally, I think people that post videos of them saying something they think is important really just do it because they like the sound of their voice...

Tulsa_Fireman
9/13/2010, 03:38 PM
IOC-hDULX1c

9/13/2010, 03:40 PM
No, I didn't watch the video 'cause it's too hard for me to click a link. I like to watch only embedded videos. Sorry.That's what I thought.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/13/2010, 03:43 PM
That's what I thought.

Don't try to fool anyone. You haven't thought since you signed up for the board.

49r
9/13/2010, 04:51 PM
That's what I thought.

I guess it's a way to filter out stuff from stupid people. If you can't figure out basic features of the message board software in order to get your point across, then I pry won't take the time to make a special effort to see your point of view.

9/13/2010, 07:48 PM
I guess it's a way to filter out stuff from stupid people. If you can't figure out basic features of the message board software in order to get your point across, then I pry won't take the time to make a special effort to see your point of view.Name calling 101. and, playing the stupid card. Oooo, him be angwy. Good, exemplary show!

You prolly need to watch it as much as any of the libs on this board.

yermom
9/13/2010, 07:52 PM
"The face of terror is not the true faith of Islam.
That’s not what Islam is all about. Islam is peace. These terrorists
don’t represent peace. They represent evil and war. When we think of
Islam we think of a faith that brings comfort to a billion people
around the world. Billions of people find comfort and solace and pea...ce.
And that’s made brothers and sisters out of every race — out of every
race. America counts millions of Muslims amongst our citizens, and
Muslims make an incredibly valuable contribution to our country.
Muslims are doctors, lawyers, law professors, members of the military,
entrepreneurs, shopkeepers, moms and dads. And they need to be treated
with respect. In our anger and emotion, our fellow Americans must treat
each other with respect."

President George W. Bush
09/17/01

:pop:

who cares what that ******* thinks?

yermom
9/13/2010, 07:54 PM
Name calling 101. and, playing the stupit card. Oooo, him be angwy. Good, exemplary show!

how about responding to someone who actually posted a response to content of the video?

can you actually tell me you pay attention to videos that are posted by your detractors?

yermom
9/13/2010, 08:04 PM
the thing is, the argument starts with "who" perpetrated 9/11

it wasn't the Muslims as a group. sure the people who did it claimed to do it for Islam, but that doesn't mean Muslims collectively did it. America haters did it.

do you really want to open the door to institutional religious intolerance? you better hope Christianity is always the majority... it's like Bush expanding Executive power. it's fine for him, but when Obama follows, it's fascism, or communism or whatever you guys want to call it today

9/13/2010, 08:07 PM
how about responding to someone who actually posted a response to content of the video?

can you actually tell me you pay attention to videos that are posted by your detractors?I specked OU Mallen for having the character to actually watch the video, and give his comments, as opposed to the shi*-slinging, card-playing crowd of libs, that are so predictable and hostile.

49r
9/14/2010, 10:16 AM
Name calling 101. and, playing the stupit card. Oooo, him be angwy. Good, exemplary show!

Thanks. FWIW, I didn't say anything about you personally. I suppose it could be read that way though.

I guess if you feel it's so important to educate the hoi polloi, you'll make sure to get that embedding thing working. Until then, you shouldn't be surprised when your videos don't get watched.

9/14/2010, 01:07 PM
Thanks. FWIW, I didn't say anything about you personally. I suppose it could be read that way though.

I guess if you feel it's so important to educate the hoi polloi, you'll make sure to get that embedding thing working. Until then, you shouldn't be surprised when your videos don't get watched.Luke-warm apology accepted. Excuse for stonewall...not convincing.

49r
9/14/2010, 03:46 PM
Luke-warm apology accepted. Excuse for stonewall...not convincing.

I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything. It's not a stonewall and I'm not making any excuses. Actually I'm not even apologizing for anything either. LOGIC FAIL. You lose the internet. But I digress.

Embed the video and the chances of me - or anyone else - watching it go up exponentially. Post a link and the chances of me watching it are about exactly 0.

You see, things that are REALLY REALLY important to one person may not be important in the slightest to another. If you'd like to sway someone's opinion to your point of view, or enlighten them on some subject, you probably won't succeed by making them go out of their way to see your point. Especially when they won't go out of their way to see it in the first place.

To make an analogy think of it this way. There's a fly happily buzzing around your head, he doesn't particularly care whether he does or not, he just does it. You, on the other hand really dislike that fly buzzing around your head. You need to convince it to shoo. How do you do it?

Do you sit very very still and whisper "I sure wish this fly would go away" to yourself - something akin to posting just a link to a youtube video here? Or do you get out the fly swatter and kill the **** out of that fly? Right, so learn how to embed the video or GTFO.

Learn to use the board features or don't whine around about people who mock you for not taking the time to learn how.

9/14/2010, 03:56 PM
You are SO smart, you have now convinced folks of your acuity, and (prolly, from me) nothing more need be said on that issue.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/14/2010, 05:01 PM
You are SO smart, you have now convinced folks of your acuity, and (prolly, from me) nothing more need be said on that issue.

Nice jerk hat. When are they available on the internet for purchase?

Ike
9/14/2010, 05:08 PM
Nice jerk hat. When are they available on the internet for purchase?

thejerkstore.com ?

Frozen Sooner
9/14/2010, 05:59 PM
thejerkstore.com ?

They ran out of you.

I love how some people demand courtesy they refuse to give others.

Crucifax Autumn
9/14/2010, 08:19 PM
My only question regarding this thread is this: If this dude already said it ALL, then why are we still talking about it?

9/15/2010, 12:25 AM
So, I'm guessing that the mosque will be fully approved by all the appropriate govt. entities, and then the next hurdle will be whether enough suppliers and contractors can be induced into doing the construction.

Pricetag
9/15/2010, 10:04 AM
Say the builders make it worth the suppliers/contractors while and they do build this thing. That's the American way, right?

yermom
9/15/2010, 10:12 AM
you mean contractors might not take a job based on personal politics?

Frozen Sooner
9/15/2010, 10:15 AM
you mean contractors might not take a job based on personal politics?

:D

49r
9/15/2010, 10:36 AM
A little word of advice, my friend. Sometimes you gotta let those hard-to-reach chips go.

9/15/2010, 12:24 PM
you mean contractors might not take a job based on personal politics?that, and even more importantly, ostracism by the local economy, if they participate in building the Cordoba House mosque.

Pricetag
9/15/2010, 12:34 PM
It's football season again, and Fall TV is starting up. I wouldn't worry too much about ostracism.

yermom
9/15/2010, 05:17 PM
that, and even more importantly, ostracism by the local economy, if they participate in building the Cordoba House mosque.

You know, there’s a million fine looking women in the world, dude. But they don’t all bring you lasagna at work. Most of ‘em just cheat on you.

Frozen Sooner
9/15/2010, 05:19 PM
You know, there’s a million fine looking women in the world, dude. But they don’t all bring you lasagna at work. Most of ‘em just cheat on you.

37????

yermom
9/15/2010, 05:22 PM
at least it wasn't 36

49r
9/15/2010, 05:26 PM
I'M NOT EVEN S'POSED TO BE HERE TODAY!!!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/15/2010, 05:31 PM
It's hard to really get upset about a religious center built right next to a strip club.

49r
9/15/2010, 06:11 PM
Now here's how you embed a YouTube video:

n6lzEhoXads

Oddly relevant to the conversation here.

49r
9/15/2010, 06:14 PM
And in case you worried about it, George Lucas clears things up letting us know they were just large termites:

cFKhV_X6-cg

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/15/2010, 06:16 PM
ZOU8GIRUd_g

49r
9/15/2010, 06:18 PM
Which, I suppose SAYS IT ALL about the politics involved with Death Star construction.

haha

yermom
9/15/2010, 06:19 PM
before the prequels, the novels after Jedi talked about the Wookiees being enslaved for construction by the Empire. a song called "Chewbacca" is playing in the background...

yes. i have spent way too much time watching that movie and watching/reading Star Wars :O

Frozen Sooner
9/15/2010, 06:25 PM
Chewbacca!!!!! He's a WOOKIE!!!!
RAWARARARRRAAAAGH!!!

(Yes, I own this song.)

Crucifax Autumn
9/15/2010, 09:32 PM
At least T&A isn't considered unamerican yet.