PDA

View Full Version : James Madison for BCS title game!

SoonerShay
9/11/2010, 09:14 PM
This team went into Blacksberg and beat a talented (BCS Conference) Virgina Tech team. If they go undefeated they deserve a shot at the title! :P ;)

tnraider1
9/11/2010, 09:15 PM
I was waiting for this. :)

OK2U
9/11/2010, 09:16 PM
ESPN said something to the effect of:
"There goes Boise State's BCS title dreams."

agoo758
9/11/2010, 09:17 PM
Can you believe how many 1-AA teams have beaten 1-A teams this year? :eek:

rawlingsHOH
9/11/2010, 09:19 PM
This team went into Blacksberg and beat a talented (BCS Conference) Virgina Tech team. If they go undefeated they deserve a shot at the title! :P ;)

No doubt!

fadada1
9/11/2010, 09:21 PM
JMU v. boise state in the fiesta bowl.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/11/2010, 09:22 PM
ESPN said something to the effect of:
"There goes Boise State's BCS title dreams."

And they should disappear. Along with that godforsaken blue turf!

VA Sooner
9/11/2010, 11:00 PM
It's a sad place right now around me.

It's even sadder in Boise at the moment! Love it!!!!!

HolaKyle
9/11/2010, 11:39 PM
James Madison's Margin of Victory > Boise State's Margin of Victory

James Madison > Boise State

BoulderSooner79
9/11/2010, 11:42 PM
JMU v. boise state in the fiesta bowl.

That's a dream match-up, but the BCS is too chicken sh*t to ever let it happen.

tnraider1
9/11/2010, 11:50 PM
James Madison's SOS = Boise St. SOS

Crucifax Autumn
9/11/2010, 11:53 PM
And they beat a common opponent more convincingly.

sooner59
9/12/2010, 12:26 AM
James Madison to the SEC!!!

silverwheels
9/12/2010, 12:28 AM
Boise State is still a pretty good team. Let's let the season play out before we start penciling in anyone for the BCS title game.

sooner59
9/12/2010, 12:35 AM
They are good, but not a great team, IMO. Give them a different schedule and they fall out of the discussion. I know you can only play those on your schedule, but it doesn't make it right to play patsies and walk to the MNC. It is what it is. You don't earn a spot in the title game by winning 2 or 3 games. However, when your best win in an undefeated season comes against a team that got beat worse by a I-AA team, you don't have an argument. Plus that I-AA team actually beat them in Blacksburg.

BoulderSooner79
9/12/2010, 12:42 AM
They are good, but not a great team, IMO. Give them a different schedule and they fall out of the discussion. I know you can only play those on your schedule, but it doesn't make it right to play patsies and walk to the MNC. It is what it is. You don't earn a spot in the title game by winning 2 or 3 games. However, when your best win in an undefeated season comes against a team that got beat worse by a I-AA team, you don't have an argument. Plus that I-AA team actually beat them in Blacksburg.

Sigh. This argument is *so* tired. Name me 1 occurrence of a team playing patsies and walking into MNC and I'll believe you.

sooner59
9/12/2010, 12:57 AM
Sigh. This argument is *so* tired. Name me 1 occurrence of a team playing patsies and walking into MNC and I'll believe you.

Nobody, which is why they won't be in the title game. Because voters will see it the same way. Simple as that.

noobalicious
9/12/2010, 01:03 AM
James Madison's SOS = Boise St. SOS

By the end of the year James Madison's SOS may be > Boise St. SOS

BoulderSooner79
9/12/2010, 01:09 AM
Nobody, which is why they won't be in the title game. Because voters will see it the same way. Simple as that.

Finally, you're seeing it my way :).

sooner59
9/12/2010, 01:18 AM
Finally, you're seeing it my way :).

Well hell, you've been sounding like you were "wanting" Boise in the MNC if they went undefeated regardless of their schedule. That was what I differed from you in our opinion. But yeah, I was just saying they could win out, but doesn't mean they will be in the title game. And IMO they shouldn't be. Not that they couldn't play with a big boy, but they just shouldn't get the chance. However, I doubt they would come within 2 TDs of a legit MNC contender.

BoulderSooner79
9/12/2010, 01:34 AM
Well hell, you've been sounding like you were "wanting" Boise in the MNC if they went undefeated regardless of their schedule. That was what I differed from you in our opinion. But yeah, I was just saying they could win out, but doesn't mean they will be in the title game. And IMO they shouldn't be. Not that they couldn't play with a big boy, but they just shouldn't get the chance. However, I doubt they would come within 2 TDs of a legit MNC contender.

I don't want or not want. I just say if they run the table and they get all the planets to align for them (that they don't control), i have no problem with them playing. What irks me is all the whining that they have some kind of advantage playing in the WAC and get an inside track to a title game. The opposite is true and history supports that fact. Playing in the WAC is a big boat anchor for them and they are moving because of that. I think Pat Forde hit it on the head this week when he said this is BCS conference fan snobbery scared some outsider is going to crash their little party.

sooner59
9/12/2010, 01:50 AM
Oh I don't think at all it gives them an inside track. What gave them that was a dubious preseason ranking (I hate preseason rankings). IMO, rankings should come out until 4 or 5 weeks in. Watching the Boise-VT game, they were basically saying, "Hey, Boise won this game, they deserve a shot." I am saying...."Why?". VT is not an elite team. Impressive win, but not a ticket to the big dance. IF....there are no Big 12/SEC/Big 10/PAC 10 teams that have less than 2 losses, then yeah, throw Boise in there. Not going to happen, but that is the "planets aligning" thing.

BoulderSooner79
9/12/2010, 02:15 AM
Oh I don't think at all it gives them an inside track. What gave them that was a dubious preseason ranking (I hate preseason rankings). IMO, rankings should come out until 4 or 5 weeks in. Watching the Boise-VT game, they were basically saying, "Hey, Boise won this game, they deserve a shot." I am saying...."Why?". VT is not an elite team. Impressive win, but not a ticket to the big dance. IF....there are no Big 12/SEC/Big 10/PAC 10 teams that have less than 2 losses, then yeah, throw Boise in there. Not going to happen, but that is the "planets aligning" thing.

What is funny here is I think we're on the exact same page! I think we differ in that you care what the media says way more than I do. Why care about preseason rankings or even early season rankings? The BCS poll isn't published until week 5 and we're talking BCS title game. The media loves to hype things and they way over-state BSU's chances after 1 game just like they will way over-state the impact of VT losing today. BSU (and TCU/Utah/BYU/etc) are 98% locked out of the BCS title before the kickoff of the season and yet the big conference fans get all defensive and want to shut down that last 2% chance just in case. I say if that 2% comes to be, what's the big deal? It's not like this is scientific and we get the undisputed 2 best teams every year. And that 2% chance adds a lot of interest to the sport.

BoulderSooner79
9/12/2010, 02:17 AM

What is funny here is I think we're on the exact same page! I think we differ in that you care what the media says way more than I do. Why care about preseason rankings or even early season rankings? The BCS poll isn't published until week 5 and we're talking BCS title game. The media loves to hype things and they way over-state BSU's chances after 1 game just like they will way over-state the impact of VT losing today. BSU (and TCU/Utah/BYU/etc) are 98% locked out of the BCS title before the kickoff of the season and yet the big conference fans get all defensive and want to shut down that last 2% chance just in case. I say if that 2% comes to be, what's the big deal? It's not like this is scientific and we get the undisputed 2 best teams every year. And that 2% chance adds a lot of interest to the sport.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/12/2010, 03:23 AM
My only question would be what is the difference between Texas and Boise St. Perception...plain and simple. Texas will not be an underdog in any game they play this year. Texas will be favored by 10+ over every single team on their schedule except OU. They can literally be the worst Texas team this decade and still probably only lose to Nebraska and Oklahoma. The fact of the matter is that a one loss (insert big time school name here) doesn't DESERVE a shot over an undefeated team, specifically when those very big time schools wouldn't play Boise St for all the money in the world. My theory is that if you get beat you can't bitch.