PDA

View Full Version : So how good really is FSU?

tulsaoilerfan
9/11/2010, 08:37 PM
Yeah we played pretty damn well today, but what exactly about FSU would make you think they are a legit top 25 team? Their QB looked scared ****less after the first drive, the defense couldn't cover, tackle, or rush the QB, and i saw no playmakers on offense; however i would take their kicker :)

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but the question in my mind is are we really a good team or is FSU a 5 or 6 loss team in the making? In my mind alot of questions will be answered when we take our first roadie to Cincy

Discuss

btk108
9/11/2010, 08:41 PM
You have to take into consideration the buzz saw they ran into today. A completely packed stadium who stood and yelled the entire time...a team that knew they had something to prove.

I saw a good team that was overwhelmed.

tulsaoilerfan
9/11/2010, 08:45 PM
You have to take into consideration the buzz saw they ran into today. A completely packed stadium who stood and yelled the entire time...a team that knew they had something to prove.

I saw a good team that was overwhelmed.

I'm sure thats a factor but i saw a team that could lose a minimum of 5 games; however the suckiness of the ACC may prevent that :D

Collier11
9/11/2010, 08:46 PM
Id say somewhere between 7-9 wins

Breadburner
9/11/2010, 08:52 PM
Lets play them at home next week and find out......!

rawlingsHOH
9/11/2010, 08:54 PM
There defense is terrible, in my opinion. I think they have a good offense, and a very good special teams.

Collier11
9/11/2010, 08:58 PM
Which shows how good our D and STs can be

Crucifax Autumn
9/11/2010, 10:40 PM
Hopefully they are awesome and bury everyone from here on out.

KNEE BRACE
9/11/2010, 10:43 PM
i just cant believe that their defense is worse than utah state's, so that's ... a positive, i guess.

as far as their offense, i like ponder and that's about it. We dominated on that end, so either way, we did our part.

I don't know what to take from it really, other than we're worlds better than we looked last week. I don't think FSU is that good in reality, but with parity the way it is, they're probably in that 20-35 range where a ****load of teams bunch up.

VA Sooner
9/11/2010, 10:50 PM
We saw what our defense could do against a very good quarterback who can put it in the right place most of the time. Our cornerbacks made amends for last week and that was very comforting to see.

As far as our offense, good to get some time in and practice our routes and being in sync. Don't know how good their defense really is... was not impressed with their lack of tackling abilities. It was pathetic on their part.

On to the next game... an away game. We'll keep testing our offense and defense.

And hopefully give more practice to O'Hara!

Leroy Lizard
9/12/2010, 12:42 AM
And hopefully give more practice to O'Hara!

Kicking FGs?

GKeeper316
9/12/2010, 12:49 AM
hanna running over reid for the touchdown was the play that most exemplifies the entire game.

i had something really nasty to say about how bad we abused fsu today, but it would have offended a whole lotta people, so i'll just sit here and laugh my own *** off :P

RacerX
9/12/2010, 07:49 AM
Ponder was antsy after the first hit to the ribcage. He was scared after the second one.

FSU was a 108th in total defense last year.

IronHorseSooner
9/12/2010, 07:55 AM
Ponder was antsy after the first hit to the ribcage. He was scared after the second one.

FSU was a 108th in total defense last year.

Who delivered that hit on him?

badger
9/12/2010, 07:55 AM
Ponder didn't have much to throw to. I thought that maybe our DLine was getting a push last week because it was USU, but this was a veteran and good OL for FSU and the pocket lasted about 2 seconds most of the time. That really helps the DBs, and since Ponder can't extend the play like the last kid could, it meant bad news for him.

IronHorseSooner
9/12/2010, 07:58 AM
Here is what is encouraging about this- Ponder is likely the most NFL-ready QB we will play this year, and his OL might just be the most experienced, and we just pwned them. Going forward, that is the best thing to come of this.

badger
9/12/2010, 08:06 AM
Still need to get more consistent on the run defense. They probably would have been negative if we'd hit our assignments consistently.

rawlingsHOH
9/12/2010, 05:41 PM
Here is what is encouraging about this- Ponder is likely the most NFL-ready QB we will play this year, and his OL might just be the most experienced, and we just pwned them. Going forward, that is the best thing to come of this.

Ponder simply doesn't have an NFL arm, but good point about their OL, ton of experience.

Collier11
9/12/2010, 05:43 PM
I think STEP said Ponder is a 3rd rounder

LePetomaine
9/12/2010, 06:08 PM
So, down here in enemy territory, I rent my office from a big-time T-sip (family friend I've known forever, gives me a good rate). We were chatting today and he asked: "is OU just stronger than garlic, or is FSU that bad?" My response: "No, I don't don't believe that OU is stronger than garlic, nor do I think that FSU is as weak as they looked. I think OU just decided to show up with their lunch-buckets and go to work." That's the attitude of a Stoops' coached team.

Sooner04
9/12/2010, 06:10 PM
Personally, I thought they were soft. Maybe we made them look that way.

All I know is that they coiled the first time we hit them in the mouth. They answered our first TD drive and after we kept coming they kept folding.

Pretty typical of the last decade of FSU football.

C&CDean
9/12/2010, 06:13 PM
No, they're terrible, but we suck even worse. Norman High coulda beaten them and we have no ****ing hope for the season.

This is the response the OP was seeking. Man, I hate some of our fans.

StoopTroup
9/12/2010, 07:54 PM
hanna running over reid for the touchdown was the play that most exemplifies the entire game.

i had something really nasty to say about how bad we abused fsu today, but it would have offended a whole lotta people, so i'll just sit here and laugh my own *** off :P

Click on the pic...

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/stooptroup/th_MOV01680.jpg (http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/stooptroup/?action=view&current=MOV01680.mp4)

SoFla Sooner
9/12/2010, 10:05 PM
Based on the ratings of their recruiting classes, FSU should be one of the more athletic teams we will face this year. Somehow, their defense was absolutely horrible last year in spite of this. I figure, after watching them yesterday, they will be a little better on defense and a lot better on offense this year, and probably manage to win 8 games or so. They are a good but not a championship team.

As for us, I think this is not unlike most years. We will know what we have after the Texas game.

Curly Bill
9/12/2010, 10:58 PM
I'd say as usual the truth lies somewhere between two extremes. We're likely not as dominant as we looked, and FSU is probably not as bad as they looked.

starclassic tama
9/12/2010, 11:01 PM
their offense is pretty good, but man their defense was terrible. when is the last time FSU had a good defense?

budbarrybob
9/12/2010, 11:27 PM
One thing is for sure... OU's tradition of ruining potential Heisman candidates chances of winning is 100% intact!

Leroy Lizard
9/12/2010, 11:42 PM
I'm not sure we ruined Colt McCoy's, but other than that... yeah. Remember what we did to Seneca Wallace? (Sissy name deserved it.)

Collier11
9/12/2010, 11:45 PM
I'm not sure we ruined Colt McCoy's, but other than that... yeah. Remember what we did to Seneca Wallace? (Sissy name deserved it.)

As a matter of fact, Colt Mccoy was only 21/39 with 127 yards, 1td and 1int, he also had 14 carries and 33 yards

76soonergrad
9/13/2010, 02:58 PM
Hopefully they are awesome and bury everyone from here on out.

Especially Miami at Miami. Since tOSU beat Miami. We could jump. It's a long season ahead, just sayin.'

rawlingsHOH
9/13/2010, 03:11 PM
I'm not sure we ruined Colt McCoy's, but other than that... yeah.

Put a fork in him. Only play he made all day was a tackle after a pick.

primetime43
9/13/2010, 03:40 PM
Put a fork in him. Only play he made all day was a tackle after a pick.

In hindsight I bet Brian Jackson wishes he would have hurldled Colt. He went way low to tackle him. It was a pick 6 if he does that.

mhackl
9/13/2010, 04:47 PM
Not so fast!!
Great Win, but it only brings us to .500

Yes, Restitution has been paid for the ugly win against Utah, but that only brings us out of the negative and back to 0 on my success meter (maybe a “+1”). With FSU we proved that we can dominate, but we also proved last week that we have the capability to loose to significantly lesser opponent. "I know that we won the game!" but, if that game had been permited to continue, I don't think anyone could say that we wouldn't have lost it. I don’t care what anyone says, a “W” is not a “W”. Maybe that type of rationalization flies for lesser programs, but not when you’re expected to field a team, every year, than can legitimately compete for a national title. We need to see execution week after week before we can use ourselves as a ruler by which to measure the Seminoles.

It doesn’t matter if FSU is great or if they absolutely suck. Our success as a football team has nothing to do with the Seminoles. The success of our program has always hinged on the teams attitude and discipline. These are two things that typically elude young teams like ours. When we have a chip on our shoulder, ya better watch out. Unfortunately, our first outing this year showed the flipside of that coin.

StoopTroup
9/13/2010, 04:56 PM
^ Yep. We suck. Air Force is gonna pnw us and our Coaches should be run out of town. No way the Cincinnati Game will be aired. Everyone should probably burn their tickets and sit back and wait for Joe Castiglione or whoever is AD next year to iron things out. We should be back to a winning tradition once we get rid of all these losers who can't motivate the slugs we have. :rolleyes: :cool: :pop: :confused:

btk108
9/13/2010, 05:04 PM
^ Yep. We suck. Air Force is gonna pnw us and our Coaches should be run out of town. No way the Cincinnati Game will be aired. Everyone should probably burn their tickets and sit back and wait for Joe Castiglione or whoever is AD next year to iron things out. We should be back to a winning tradition once we get rid of all these losers who can't motivate the slugs we have. :rolleyes: :cool: :pop: :confused:

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_utj_WiTT3tU/R1tYHEz-adI/AAAAAAAAAVY/Cg2WmpRu-FI/s400/oddball.jpg

StoopTroup
9/13/2010, 05:07 PM
We're freaking doomed. mhackl has spoken. Accept our fate. :D

btk108
9/13/2010, 05:13 PM
We're freaking doomed. mhackl has spoken. Accept our fate. :D

Always with the negative waves ST, always with the negative waves.

StoopTroup
9/13/2010, 05:16 PM
Always with the negative waves ST, always with the negative waves.

I just burned my tickets.

btk108
9/13/2010, 06:13 PM
I just burned my tickets.

Were the flames blue? That's some high octane stuff right there, baby :D

ratherthanlater
9/13/2010, 06:40 PM
So, down here in enemy territory, I rent my office from a big-time T-sip (family friend I've known forever, gives me a good rate). We were chatting today and he asked: "is OU just stronger than garlic, or is FSU that bad?" My response: "No, I don't don't believe that OU is stronger than garlic, nor do I think that FSU is as weak as they looked. I think OU just decided to show up with their lunch-buckets and go to work." That's the attitude of a Stoops' coached team.

That post made me hungry.

oupride
9/13/2010, 09:47 PM
The question that scares me: So how bad really is FSU?

MR2-Sooner86
9/13/2010, 10:06 PM
We won't know the real answer until Texas. That's just how it is.

We played pretty poorly the first game against a so so team and lights out the second against a fair team. Which is it? Right now I'm willing to say it can be somewhere in between.

If I remember correctly, FSU has always gotten decent amounts of talent and this past year they got a nice surge in top recruits. So the talent is there but the coaching isn't yet.

If FSU goes and wins the ACC that'd be awesome but they could also go 6-6. Right now we're throwing arrows in the dark.