rawlingsHOH
9/11/2010, 07:15 PM
LOL!

Anybody hear that?

Mark_in_Tulsa
9/11/2010, 07:24 PM
LOL!

Anybody hear that?

I think it was a reference to red meat and heart disease and how that's the number 1 killer in America.

delhalew
9/11/2010, 07:25 PM
I think I'd be more wary of that freakin Tiger...with or without the stick in the azz.

GKeeper316
9/11/2010, 07:26 PM
Bevo... scary...

if it weren't so absurd it would be funny.

BigTip
9/11/2010, 07:27 PM
I heard it and laughed. I thought the announcer probably has a phobia of cows.

Crucifax Autumn
9/11/2010, 11:12 PM
Everyone's scared they'll step in a big pile of bevo shat. Luckily his piles are smaller than yellerteef's amazingly ridiculous bullshat.

SoonerShark
9/12/2010, 07:11 AM
"How now orange cow?" "Bevo...it's what's for dinner." "2-4-6-8 whose mascot do we put on plates!?"

soonerloyal
9/12/2010, 07:50 AM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/SOONERS/DruggedBevo_Tazed.png

My late mother's beloved teacup chihuahua spreads more fear.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/12/2010, 10:05 AM
I think it was a reference to red meat and heart disease and how that's the number 1 killer in America.

That and the possibility of e-coli poisoning.:P

Dan Thompson
9/12/2010, 10:10 AM
BEVO.....It's what for dinner.

Jdog
9/12/2010, 11:40 AM
BEVO.....It's what for dinner.

Love it!!!!!

ChickenStrips!
9/12/2010, 11:59 AM
I'm more scared of Ralphie the Buff's Buffalo raging out and trampling folks when they run him across the field.

SoonerGM
9/12/2010, 12:03 PM
everyone is afraid of the stench.

Jacie
9/12/2010, 01:29 PM
If it is live animal mascots then I have to second Ralphie as the one I would be a little nervous about being on the field. The video of Ralphie breaking loose and circling the field should be required of everyone who gets a sideline pass to a puffs game. For the record, Ralphie knew just what to do, ran to one end, turned and went back the way he always does except he didn't have a bunch of guys running along beside him holding the tethers.

If we are talking mascots of people suited up like one, the scariest is the Wisconsin badger. Maybe it doesn't like having to wear the sweater all the time but it looks mad.

BoomerJ
9/12/2010, 10:51 PM
I would hate to handle a buffalo, a tiger, or a bear.....but the BEST MASCOT THAT WILL NEVER BE......

The students at Ole Miss who tried to get Admiral Akbar as their official mascot since he led the Rebels in Star Wars.

goingoneight
9/12/2010, 11:06 PM
Bevo is a bout as scary to people as Garrett Gilbert was to Alabama.

CrimsonJim
9/12/2010, 11:14 PM
Bevo = taco meat

budbarrybob
9/12/2010, 11:47 PM
E-coli poisoning is horrible. I mean HORRIBLE!!!

yankee
9/12/2010, 11:49 PM
no one wants mad cow disease.

budbarrybob
9/12/2010, 11:49 PM
That and the possibility of e-coli poisoning.:P

You forgot about the worst disease that affects the bovine... spongiform encephalopathy.
time for an irradication of the species

KantoSooner
9/13/2010, 11:06 AM
I think Michigan should go with a pack of wolverines. Just let 'em loose in the stands and put a door stop under the exits.
That's some 'must see' teevee, right there.
Better if they're playing Texas, or LSU or Colorado.
Bread and circuses!

And, speaking of which, why can't we have Little Red back? I'd like to have seen him take FSU's Seminole and scalp him.

virginiasooner
9/13/2010, 11:13 AM
Yeah, Ralphie is scarier than Bevo because the North American Bison is a wild animal and the Longhorn is domesticated. But you gotta remember that "Ralphie" is really Ralphina, because an adult male bison would be impossible to control. A more appropriate discussion between these two animals is which is more delicious!

rawlingsHOH
9/13/2010, 11:18 AM
How about an angry badger? You surely don't want to corner one of those.

Breadburner
9/13/2010, 11:20 AM
Hard to be scared of something that $hits where it eats......

TheHumanAlphabet
9/13/2010, 11:59 AM
I would hate to handle a buffalo, a tiger, or a bear.....but the BEST MASCOT THAT WILL NEVER BE......

The students at Ole Miss who tried to get Admiral Akbar as their official mascot since he led the Rebels in Star Wars.

Could you just see the foam sideline crap rendition of the "its a Trap!" movie fame...Unlike Stanford, where the students voted for a tree, I couldn't see UM allowing that vote to stand.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/13/2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah, Ralphie is scarier than Bevo because the North American Bison is a wild animal and the Longhorn is domesticated. But you gotta remember that "Ralphie" is really Ralphina, because an adult male bison would be impossible to control. A more appropriate discussion between these two animals is which is more delicious!

Plus, BEVO is doped up, though the uterans would deny that...

Shakadoodoo
9/13/2010, 12:00 PM
Its better that Oregon Ducks and Oregon State Beavers. Who the hell is scared of a duck or a Beaver - I think they should join those schools together and call them the Duckbilled Platypuses. lol

soonerboy_odanorth
9/13/2010, 12:31 PM
Its better that Oregon Ducks and Oregon State Beavers. Who the hell is scared of a duck or a Beaver - I think they should join those schools together and call them the Duckbilled Platypuses. lol

I nominate "Golden Gophers" as even higher on the wuss scale than those two.

Their play would certainly indicate it...

PalmBeachSooner
9/13/2010, 12:35 PM
Bevo = taco meat

I like tacos.

Mississippi Sooner
9/13/2010, 12:37 PM
Aggies are always intimidating.

http://www.emergiblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/ffa.jpg

Statalyzer
9/13/2010, 12:47 PM
Plus, BEVO is doped up, though the uterans would deny that...

Bevo isn't drugged, just well-trained. You have fallen for a myth. Many UT folks wouldn't deny it b/c a bunch of us seem to fall for that myth too.

Anybody hear that?

Nope. Nobody heard that. What people actually heard was "The most revered mascot in all of college sports."

Captain Cob Mob
9/13/2010, 12:55 PM
The thing is a steer right? I mean, that's one step below a heifer, not protecting her calf. It's a de-nutted longhorn bull.

Have any of you worked cattle much? The long horn is pretty much the laughing stock of the beef world. The only three things they are good for are...

1. Driving across the continental US in large herds because they are so stringy and coarse they'll survive the trip and look about the same when they arrive as when they left. Any knucklehead on a horse can get it done.

2. Roping in a rodeo.

3. Crossing them with a decent beef worthy bovine like a Hereford, Angus, Charolais, etc to get some length on them.

Shakadoodoo
9/13/2010, 01:00 PM
I nominate "Golden Gophers" as even higher on the wuss scale than those two.

Their play would certainly indicate it...

UC Santa Cruz Banana Slug What is that about?????

http://meanderthal.typepad.com/dope/images/banana_slug.jpg

KantoSooner
9/13/2010, 01:37 PM

Now that you mention it, I've seen one or two beavers that scared the hell out of me.

And before any one says ANYTHING you have to admit you're all surprised it hung right up there on the rim for as long as it did. It was a cheap shot, but somebody had to take it.

Soonerntxs
9/13/2010, 01:54 PM
Someone had to mention that Stanford Tree:eek: In hellpaso that tree was freaking me out, something about those bouncing eyes hanging about chest high???? I told my wife not to get close to that thing, I watched as it danced past a couple of children and one vanished;) Then at the game I watched as the Border Patrol scouted the hills making sure that green leafy thing didn't get taken, parted out and sold:D

As for BEVO well, I've eaten several of it's kin, and nothing to fear about a 1.5 in. T-Bone MED Well.

BOOMER

Shakadoodoo
9/13/2010, 01:56 PM
Now that you mention it, I've seen one or two beavers that scared the hell out of me.

And before any one says ANYTHING you have to admit you're all surprised it hung right up there on the rim for as long as it did. It was a cheap shot, but somebody had to take it.

I hunt Beavers - my family in Arkansas loves to eat them not me though. The only time I am scared of a beaver is if we are noodling. But on land I will kick a field goal with a beaver.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/13/2010, 02:27 PM
Bevo isn't drugged, just well-trained. You have fallen for a myth. Many UT folks wouldn't deny it b/c a bunch of us seem to fall for that myth too."

Stat, we will have to disagree. I have been around bulls and steers and I have never seen such a docile steer ever. I have been around both beef and dairy steers. And I have been up close to BEVO in the Cotton Bowl and fail to believe that he ain't gettin some pharmaceutical help. ;)

virginiasooner
9/13/2010, 02:37 PM
Someone had to mention that Stanford Tree:eek: In hellpaso that tree was freaking me out, something about those bouncing eyes hanging about chest high???? I told my wife not to get close to that thing, I watched as it danced past a couple of children and one vanished;) Then at the game I watched as the Border Patrol scouted the hills making sure that green leafy thing didn't get taken, parted out and sold:D

As for BEVO well, I've eaten several of it's kin, and nothing to fear about a 1.5 in. T-Bone MED Well.

BOOMER

The Stanford Tree is actually the mascot of the "marching band", so I think your fears are overstated. ;^)

And who cooks a T-bone medium well? MEDIUM RARE, if that much. As for me, walking the steak through the kitchen is enough for me.

Shakadoodoo
9/13/2010, 02:54 PM
The Stanford Tree is actually the mascot of the "marching band", so I think your fears are overstated. ;^)

And who cooks a T-bone medium well? MEDIUM RARE, if that much. As for me, walking the steak through the kitchen is enough for me.

You must not have grown up around to many bruthas - I am trying to figure out who eats their steaks raw.... I bet you like that bloody sausage too. lol

The next time you go to a restaurant like golden corral on all you can eat steak night - and I will bet you see us bruthas by the grill telling the cook to put the steak back on the grill!

lol - I am just generalizing for a laugh - but there is some truth to that.

ouduckhunter
9/13/2010, 03:36 PM

I'll be at the Beavers game this weekend! I'll try to get some pics of scary Beavers for you!! :D :D

C&CDean
9/13/2010, 03:44 PM
I hunt Beavers - my family in Arkansas loves to eat them not me though. The only time I am scared of a beaver is if we are noodling. But on land I will kick a field goal with a beaver.

Timeout. Brothas don't noodle. Hell man, y'all can't even swim.

The field goal thing? When's the last time you saw a brotha kick a field goal?

And while we're at it, when's the last time you heard a brotha admit to eating a beaver?

I gotta call the bull****.:P

PLaw
9/13/2010, 03:46 PM
I heard it and laughed. I thought the announcer probably has a phobia of cows.

Check that - ball-less bulls, which is really appropriate for their fan base.

BOOMER

KantoSooner
9/13/2010, 03:56 PM
I'll be at the Beavers game this weekend! I'll try to get some pics of scary Beavers for you!! :D :D

Por favor, no.

On the other hand, if you find some pics of the nice kind...

virginiasooner
9/13/2010, 03:58 PM
You must not have grown up around to many bruthas - I am trying to figure out who eats their steaks raw.... I bet you like that bloody sausage too. lol

Kind sir, I exaggerate. There's nothing I love more than a nice rare steak, baked potato, and a big glass of cabernet. Both my father and ex LIKED their steak well done. I would never desecrate one of God's creatures in that manner.

As for blood sausage -- I can be an adventurous eater, but that dining choice is as out of bounds for me as mussels, clams and oysters (allergy). The old saying "if you love sausage and respect the law you should never watch them being made" fits here. I know what goes into blood sausage, and I'll pass, thankyouverymuch.

KantoSooner
9/13/2010, 04:02 PM
So I take it you're not interested in Chinese blood tofu?

Bourbon St Sooner
9/13/2010, 04:06 PM

You can't post that on this board.

Shakadoodoo
9/13/2010, 04:14 PM
Timeout. Brothas don't noodle. Hell man, y'all can't even swim.

The field goal thing? When's the last time you saw a brotha kick a field goal?

And while we're at it, when's the last time you heard a brotha admit to eating a beaver?

I gotta call the bull****.:P

LOL - I have a lot of redneck homeboys - as a matter of fact - I like rednecks - They let me know where they stand as soon as I walk in the room and we both explain to each other what lines not to cross - with love of course. It is a lot better than someone patting me on the back, handing me a check - telling me everything is going to be alright.

I get my noodle on - I love everything about the outdoors. But the homies may have to go down first to make sure there is nothing down there other than fish. I don't necessarily like to swim - true - but a love a challenge - and noodling is a hell of a challenge - for me at least.

I can swim pretty good - enough to survive - but I won't be joining any races anytime soon.

As for the beaver - I don't eat it - They smoke it with the head still on it - I can't get past the teeth. I won't eat Beaver, Raccoon, or Possum - But they eat it like it is Billy Simms BBQ. - I think thats just real country folk - plus I might eat that faster than pig and cow testicles - Is the Calf Fry bar still in Norman?

And your right - not to good at field goals either - but I will kick the hell out if a beaver!

ouduckhunter
9/13/2010, 04:15 PM
You can't post that on this board.

Don't worry, I'll take one for you too! ;)

Shakadoodoo
9/13/2010, 04:20 PM
Kind sir, I exaggerate. There's nothing I love more than a nice rare steak, baked potato, and a big glass of cabernet. Both my father and ex LIKED their steak well done. I would never desecrate one of God's creatures in that manner.

As for blood sausage -- I can be an adventurous eater, but that dining choice is as out of bounds for me as mussels, clams and oysters (allergy). The old saying "if you love sausage and respect the law you should never watch them being made" fits here. I know what goes into blood sausage, and I'll pass, thankyouverymuch.

I got you - I was just messing with you - My father likes his steak medium rare as well - But that blood sausage looks like some nasty stuff! So I am with you there.

btk108
9/13/2010, 04:23 PM

Don't worry, I'll take one for you too! ;)

Duckie, Duckie, naive Duckie.......yer postin to a bunch of guys, remember?

Shakadoodoo
9/13/2010, 04:23 PM

And I look forward to that!!!!!

btk108
9/13/2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouduckhunter View Post
I'll be at the Beavers game this weekend! I'll try to get some pics of scary Beavers for you!!

See what I mean.....

Shakadoodoo
9/13/2010, 04:42 PM
So I take it you're not interested in Chinese blood tofu?

That looks NASTY! What is the purpose of eating tofu with blood in it - Thats like eating a bacon and cheese garden burger.