PDA

View Full Version : Any news on Clay?

landrun
9/11/2010, 07:14 PM
Has anyone heard anything about Clay? Just concerned for the guy.

BoulderSooner79
9/11/2010, 07:17 PM
We all are. If any Norman locals hear anything, please post.

toast
9/11/2010, 07:19 PM
Per Stoops post-game interview, all of the tests they have ran have come back negative and Clay has been responsive the whole time. Some of the other boards have mentioned concussion.

Okie35
9/11/2010, 07:19 PM
That's good to hear that he's responsive. That hit scared me and concussions are nothing to play w/.

rawlingsHOH
9/11/2010, 07:20 PM
Just looked like a KO. The said he could move all extremities, though that doesn't always mean much.

delhalew
9/11/2010, 07:21 PM
So far news sounds good.

BoulderSooner79
9/11/2010, 07:35 PM
My biggest concern is a severe concussion. He took the crown of a helmet directly to the side of his helmet/jaw area. Very scary.

PalmBeachSooner
9/11/2010, 07:44 PM
As a HS football official I don't understand why helmet-to-helmet contact is only called when it happens to the QB. It's a point of emphasis at the HS level that any contact to the head should be flagged. I'm pretty sure it is the same at the college level.

JLEW1818
9/11/2010, 07:47 PM
per Kenny Stills Facebook

Kenny Stills Fyi... Bclays doing great, back to smiling and giggling like himself! :) amen to that!

noobalicious
9/11/2010, 07:51 PM
per Kenny Stills Facebook

Kenny Stills Fyi... Bclays doing great, back to smiling and giggling like himself! :) amen to that!

Great news!

yermom
9/11/2010, 08:00 PM
nice. i couldn't really tell what happened from the stands at all

it's scary to see anyone wheeled out like that

Blue
9/11/2010, 08:15 PM
As a HS football official I don't understand why helmet-to-helmet contact is only called when it happens to the QB. It's a point of emphasis at the HS level that any contact to the head should be flagged. I'm pretty sure it is the same at the college level.

It looked like a clean hit to me. Just unfortunate.

OUinFLA
9/11/2010, 08:19 PM
<B Stoops> It's a hangnail <B Stoops>

btk108
9/11/2010, 08:38 PM
Pretty scary moment...looked like clean hit....but the stadium was holding their breath when he was gatored off......glad he's doin ok!

Breadburner
9/11/2010, 08:40 PM
In the old days they would have drug him off and put hum back in.....It was pre-cautionary....Which is the right thing to do....

Collier11
9/11/2010, 08:41 PM
God bless him

tulsaoilerfan
9/11/2010, 08:46 PM
Glad he's okay

SunnySooner
9/11/2010, 08:47 PM
<B Stoops> It's a hangnail <B Stoops>

lol, this is so true, Bob is king of the understatement.

Prayers for Clay, sounds like he'll be Ok, the 'good' thing about the guys getting the hits is that they are young men in peak physical condition, so hopefully that helps with whatever injuries the get, large or small.

DrZaius
9/11/2010, 09:12 PM

No matter how hard you try you just can't avoid them by choice. The FSU player was tackling low and Clay went low to and they just collided. It looked clean but unfortunately brutal as well. That is why the game is not called bowling.

It is all cool.

olevetonahill
9/11/2010, 09:17 PM
I dont have a PROB with the HIT
It was those *******s doing the Congrats to each other after He was down .
**** em .:mad:

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/11/2010, 09:19 PM

Now that is something I can totally agree with!

DrZaius
9/11/2010, 09:40 PM

Your right that was pretty classless.

rawlingsHOH
9/11/2010, 09:45 PM
They're idiots.

swardboy
9/11/2010, 09:47 PM
Guess they feel they need to be Florida's new Thug U...

KNEE BRACE
9/11/2010, 09:48 PM
rufus alexander decapitated that tulsa player a few years back and we put it in highlight videos. It was a vicious hit, they should celebrate. they didn't know he was as injured as he was.

Okie35
9/11/2010, 09:49 PM

I've seen it called several times today (leading w/ the helmet).

olevetonahill
9/11/2010, 09:49 PM
SPIS just got back GREEN ;)
Not cause he agreed wit me But cause he made sense

rawlingsHOH
9/11/2010, 10:20 PM
rufus alexander decapitated that tulsa player a few years back and we put it in highlight videos. It was a vicious hit, they should celebrate. they didn't know he was as injured as he was.

They were still celebrating when the medical staff was on the field. It was 44-10.

olevetonahill
9/11/2010, 10:25 PM

asswipe:rolleyes:

Piware
9/11/2010, 10:30 PM
They were still celebrating when the medical staff was on the field. It was 44-10.

It was interesting to watch his demeanor change. Even the announcers said he had to "put it out of his mind".

Best not to act like a jerk when you are surrounded by a remaining crowd of about 50K.

VA Sooner
9/11/2010, 10:35 PM
Glad he's doing better. Wait and see how the rest of the weekend goes and watch over the kid.

KNEE BRACE
9/11/2010, 10:40 PM

ahh, alright. at that point i was just paying attention to clay, i must have missed it.

jumperstop
9/11/2010, 10:45 PM
I was at the game so couldn't see the hit, but when I got home looked a lot like helmet to helmet to me. Considering that the refs in all the games I've seen have been calling more leading with the helmet, roughing the qb, etc. I think they should have called that hit on Clay.

RADsooner
9/11/2010, 10:46 PM
Your right that was pretty classless.

and dont forget the attempted assault on Broyles by the FSU player on the sideline. :mad:

BoulderSooner79
9/11/2010, 11:54 PM
It looked clean to me and I watched the replay a few times. It was mostly coming in with the shoulder but Clay was cutting back right into the tacklers and the helmets met. The play itself seems irrelevant now, but Clay made a great cut to avoid a tackle and get the first down before the unfortunate collision.

The Ghost of Mex
9/12/2010, 12:03 AM
It looked clean to me and I watched the replay a few times. It was mostly coming in with the shoulder but Clay was cutting back right into the tacklers and the helmets met. The play itself seems irrelevant now, but Clay made a great cut to avoid a tackle and get the first down before the unfortunate collision.

...and who missed the first tackle?...

Drum roll please...

# 5.

BoulderSooner79
9/12/2010, 12:45 AM
...and who missed the first tackle?...

Drum roll please...

# 5.

Yeah, he made some weak tackling efforts today. But it was still a good move Clay put on him.

sooner59
9/12/2010, 01:03 AM
I was at the game so couldn't see the hit, but when I got home looked a lot like helmet to helmet to me. Considering that the refs in all the games I've seen have been calling more leading with the helmet, roughing the qb, etc. I think they should have called that hit on Clay.

I agree. I saw the replay about 7 or 8 times on different channels, and it was helmet to helmet. However, it wasn't just helmet, and it didn't look like he launched himself helmet-first. Not that it matters. I have seen that exact type of play flagged. But in the end, football is a violent game. Probably should have been flagged given what the refs/NCAA are trying to do, but it wasn't "that" obvious" of a malicious hit or anything....just unfortunate. But helmet did hit helmet.

Collier11
9/12/2010, 01:28 AM
In the heat of competition sometimes helmet to helmet hits happen, I dont think it was on purpose but some FSU players did show themselves to be idiot thugs on that play and a cpl others

BoulderSooner79
9/12/2010, 01:37 AM
In the heat of competition sometimes helmet to helmet hits happen, I dont think it was on purpose but some FSU players did show themselves to be idiot thugs on that play and a cpl others

Yep, me thinks they were all mad about being whipped and celebrating a big hit is all they had left :P

Collier11
9/12/2010, 01:39 AM
kinda like a 77-0 game and a DT I remember, lol

unbiasedtruth
9/12/2010, 01:41 AM
yeppers sitting in Section 103, had 2 FSU fans in front of me about 4 rows, they high fived each other when the hit was made and then saw the cart come on the field.... at that point they turned and looked at each other and the crowd around them and probably started wondering if the tomahawk chop was coming down...

classless bastiches just like jimbo imho.....

sooner59
9/12/2010, 01:43 AM
kinda like a 77-0 game and a DT I remember, lol

Oh Johnnie Jolly... :rolleyes:

CrimsonRez
9/12/2010, 01:46 AM
From what I've been hearing it's just a minor concussion if that's true...whew!!! Great to hear, give that kid a couple weeks off and then back for Texas, no need to rush him. He's going to be a great player for us. If he can hold onto the ball after a hit like that he's gotta be a good one.

sooner59
9/12/2010, 01:53 AM
Yeah, no rush. Just get the kid better.

East Coast Bias
9/12/2010, 05:39 AM
Earlier in the game there was a similar incident when Broyles was slugged by some guy standing on the sidelines as he went out of bounds with a catch. When they showed the FSU player, he is laughing about the whole thing.In my opinion that is unacceptable, they should have put him back on the bus right there.

Crucifax Autumn
9/12/2010, 05:51 AM
That caused a fair amount of rage in me too. I wanted to go through the TV and pop him in the mouth for laughing about it later. What's really ****ed up is how you could watch his laughter get more comfortable as he began to realize he'd avoided a penalty somehow and then even more relaxed and boisterous when it dawned on him that apparently the coaches had missed it too.

I've got bad news for the dooshrocket though: Coaches and leagues review film.

swardboy
9/12/2010, 06:05 AM
^ I suspect there will be some kind of action because even FSU message boards were calling the jerk out..

Crucifax Autumn
9/12/2010, 06:34 AM
Good to hear.

badger
9/12/2010, 07:32 AM
I heard that people could hear Clay snoring after the hit. :D Maybe he was just tired?

IronHorseSooner
9/12/2010, 07:42 AM
I agree, he should be back by the RRR. Isn't Finch supposed to be back by then as well, along with Box?

soonerloyal
9/12/2010, 07:58 AM
A small veer off-topic - some things that should have been penalized but weren't were done by both sides. To wit:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/SOONERS/StephensonFacemasksFSU.jpg

Stephenson should have been called for this facemask... :(

badger
9/12/2010, 08:12 AM
He did... we got called for Hands to the Face on that one.

soonerloyal
9/12/2010, 08:58 AM
Ooooohh. *snort* I musta been joyfully dancing around the LR, not paying attention. Thanks for the correction. *blush*

Marge: Well, that shut me up.

OU-HSV
9/12/2010, 09:10 AM
Earlier in the game there was a similar incident when Broyles was slugged by some guy standing on the sidelines as he went out of bounds with a catch. When they showed the FSU player, he is laughing about the whole thing.In my opinion that is unacceptable, they should have put him back on the bus right there.

Yeah they replayed that several times on the broadcast. The announcers were even saying that guy should've been ejected. That was ridiculous, Broyles could've been easily hurt since it was a cheap shot and he was launched toward their benches/sideline clutter.

StoopTroup
9/12/2010, 09:46 AM
My BIL called my Wife and told her it was Landry Jones they carted off. I'm gonna take him to an eye Doctor and find him a Game Program he can study the roster with. :D

soonerloyal
9/13/2010, 06:52 AM
Dude (you know who ya are), so not cool to neg me for missing the call on Stephenson. Especially when I apologized for missing it when I was corrected.

Pfft. Don't they teach ya to be polite to old ladies any more? :texan:

KantoSooner
9/13/2010, 09:30 AM
I, too, felt that the FSU guys were getting frustrated and out of control and classless about that point in the game. While I could have understood retaliation by our guys, the best thing Bob could have done is to have said, 'Fine, if that's the way you want it....' and told KW and crew to stand on the accelerator. Make it 80 or 90 points. FSU had nothing left at that point and we started backing off trying to be nice about it.

jumperstop
9/13/2010, 01:57 PM
My BIL called my Wife and told her it was Landry Jones they carted off. I'm gonna take him to an eye Doctor and find him a Game Program he can study the roster with. :D

Jones 12-White

Clay 21-Black

Maybe he's dyslexic.

Shakadoodoo
9/13/2010, 02:07 PM
A small veer off-topic - some things that should have been penalized but weren't were done by both sides. To wit:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/SOONERS/StephensonFacemasksFSU.jpg

Stephenson should have been called for this facemask... :(

He was just helping him get something out of his eye.

Shakadoodoo
9/13/2010, 02:08 PM
Jones 12-White

Clay 21-Black

Maybe he's dyslexic.

That's funny!

soonerloyal
9/13/2010, 08:52 PM
So, any official word on Clay yet? I hate not getting news from home.

Breadburner
9/13/2010, 08:58 PM
So, any official word on Clay yet? I hate not getting news from home.

Hes fine.....

OK2U
9/14/2010, 12:22 PM
Stoops in today's presser:
Clay has concussion, will not play this week.
Doesn't know when he will return, it's up to the doctors.