PDA

View Full Version : Are we really this good?

Denver_Sooner
9/11/2010, 06:55 PM
Or was FSU really that bad?

JLEW1818
9/11/2010, 06:56 PM
both.

we play Air Force Saturday... let's win that game. and then win the next 11 after that

SCOUT
9/11/2010, 06:57 PM
both.

we play Air Force Saturday... let's win that game. and then win the next 11 after that

This

rawlingsHOH
9/11/2010, 06:58 PM
not as good as this week, not as bad as last. answer always in the middle.

OUthunder
9/11/2010, 06:58 PM
We are a good team. I'll let you know how good after we travel to Ohio.

adoniijahsooner
9/11/2010, 06:59 PM
AF will be a tough game. ...that game along with the Cincy game will tell us alot. I wanna see this team with all the youngsters away from Norman.

mightysooner
9/11/2010, 06:59 PM
FSU's defense is horrendous....just like last year. BUT.....they're better than Ute State. I think the young uns were antsy last week and they settled down this week. Kudos to coach Martinez on getting Flemming and Hurst settled down. They dominated today and Jefferson was all over the field too. The secondary wasn't havin' it today. Bye bye Heisman!

JLEW1818
9/11/2010, 07:00 PM
get better every week

swardboy
9/11/2010, 07:02 PM
The playbook was WAY wider open today than last week. And just as I thought Madu makes a big difference too.

I gained a lot more confidence about the season as a whole today for sure.

BoulderSooner79
9/11/2010, 07:03 PM
Since you're from Denver, I'll quote Dan Reeves when he was coach there. "You're never as bad as you think and you're never as good as you think either". Plug in Utah State and FSU games respectively. FSU generated very little rush and our receivers were wide open on most the completions. Don't take anything away from LJ, because he took advantage by trusting his protection and being pretty accurate to those open guys. But my guess is we'll look back after the season is over and FSU will be one of the weakest defenses we face. On defense, we looked pretty darn good. The inexperienced guys are still blowing coverage occasionally, but that's going to happen. We'll be fine if they just keep improving. Overall, we stymied a decent offense and had an experienced QB totally rattled.

adoniijahsooner
9/11/2010, 07:04 PM
get better every week

Scary thought....Stills, Jefferson, and Millard are some studs! This team has no other choice, with all the youth they have.

Denver_Sooner
9/11/2010, 07:11 PM
Since you're from Denver, I'll quote Dan Reeves when he was coach there. "You're never as bad as you think and you're never as good as you think either". Plug in Utah State and FSU games respectively. FSU generated very little rush and our receivers were wide open on most the completions. Don't take anything away from LJ, because he took advantage by trusting his protection and being pretty accurate to those open guys. But my guess is we'll look back after the season is over and FSU will be one of the weakest defenses we face. On defense, we looked pretty darn good. The inexperienced guys are still blowing coverage occasionally, but that's going to happen. We'll be fine if they just keep improving. Overall, we stymied a decent offense and had an experienced QB totally rattled.

Hehe Gotcha. You survive the fires up there in Boulder?

delhalew
9/11/2010, 07:14 PM
I say it's hard to judge the offense against their D, but they have good offense...so I think you can say the D is baddass. When they want to be.

BoulderSooner79
9/11/2010, 07:14 PM
Hehe Gotcha. You survive the fires up there in Boulder?

I'm lazy and didn't change my handle last year when I moved to Palo Alto (walking distance to the Stanford stadium). I've got friends living up Sunshine canyon who had to live in a hotel for a few days, but it missed their home. I lived through many of the foothills fires, but this one is unreal.

soonerinabilene
9/11/2010, 07:17 PM
if the young receivers keep imroving after every game like this, we really have a shot this year.

Okie35
9/11/2010, 07:18 PM
both.

this

get better every week

and that, when we all play well together we're scary i swear everyone came to play... Broyles, Landry, Demarco, Miller, Stills, Clay(i hope he's alright), the O-line, the whole defense, Jefferson is a damn stud!, etc. I can go on and on.

Mark_in_Tulsa
9/11/2010, 07:26 PM
I reserve judgments on teams until they play a road game.

But that still does not negate the fact that Texass sucks.

GKeeper316
9/11/2010, 07:28 PM
dont write off air force... a triple option run by a disciplined team is a hard thing for a defense to scheme...

tulsaoilerfan
9/11/2010, 08:51 PM
dont write off air force... a triple option run by a disciplined team is a hard thing for a defense to scheme...

Yup especially since hardly any teams run it any more

OK2U
9/11/2010, 09:07 PM
Once again, Jefferson is a stud. I'm excited to watch him for the next 4 years.
When was the last time a true freshman came in that prepared mentally and physically to play in OUr secondary.
Stoops on Millard in post game:
"Once again, Trey was outstanding. I love that guy."

proudsoonergal
9/11/2010, 09:08 PM
FWIW, Utah State is whuppin' up on Idaho State right now. Score is 31-3 midway through the third quarter.

rawlingsHOH
9/11/2010, 09:10 PM
FWIW, Utah State is whuppin' up on Idaho State right now. Score is 31-3 midway through the third quarter.

Everything is relative.

proudsoonergal
9/11/2010, 09:12 PM
Tru dat.

oudavid1
9/11/2010, 09:45 PM
We are really that good.

olevetonahill
9/11/2010, 09:57 PM

Gomer , STFU , ok ?;)

silverwheels
9/11/2010, 09:59 PM
The OU team we saw against FSU was closer to the real OU than the one we saw against Utah State. Still has yet to be seen if we're that good. We haven't played a road game yet, and we struggled big time away from Norman last year.

Piware
9/11/2010, 10:44 PM
IMHO, the O line seemed to be much improved over last week. Still some missed assignments but LJ's protection today looked pretty good to me.

I was happy to see Jeremy Beale show up and having Frank Alexander back made a big difference. Some of the "pups" will be scary good with another game
or two under the belts.

Short version, a work in progress but no reason to believe they won't just continue to get better every week.