PDA

View Full Version : For all you 1st game panickers...

PDXsooner
9/11/2010, 05:03 PM
I realize the next time OU struggles against an inferior opponent you'll fall into the same trap and insist that they are doomed...but let this be a lesson: you can't take away too much from those games, especially in the first few weeks.

Blue
9/11/2010, 06:59 PM
Thanks Dad. ;)

adoniijahsooner
9/11/2010, 07:01 PM
I realize the next time OU struggles against an inferior opponent you'll fall into the same trap and insist that they are doomed...but let this be a lesson: you can't take away too much from those games, especially in the first few weeks.

You can also learn the lesson FSU learned today, and think a big win makes you better than you actually are.

Crucifax Autumn
9/11/2010, 11:14 PM
Let me go on record as being one of the people here who DID NOT panic over 1 game. I'll also not decide we're invincible based on today either since I saw a TON of things we can still improve. One game at a time, hopefully all wins, ugly or perfect.

At least we aren't Virginia Tech!

PDXsooner
9/11/2010, 11:15 PM
Let me go on record as being one of the people here who DID NOT panic over 1 game. I'll also not decide we're invincible based on today either since I saw a TON of things we can still improve. One game at a time, hopefully all wins, ugly or perfect.

At least we aren't Virginia Tech!

Agreed. OU's biggest issue to deal with this year will be consistency. Should be a fun ride.

delhalew
9/11/2010, 11:22 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how being dismayed to see your football team play as if they've never seen a football before, is somehow strange.

PDXsooner
9/12/2010, 12:12 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how being dismayed to see your football team play as if they've never seen a football before, is somehow strange.

dismayed? No, you're missing the point.

delhalew
9/12/2010, 12:25 AM
dismayed? No, you're missing the point.

No, I get yeah, man. Some people always have to take it to far. These Yayhoos will still find something to bitch about.

Collier11
9/12/2010, 01:34 AM
Unless we lose, I never freak out too much

agoo758
9/12/2010, 01:40 AM
I think soonernation is just a little anxious over the fact that it has been ten years since our last national championship, despite the fact that we had a legitimate shot at a second one in 01, 02, 03, 04, 07, and 08. ( I call the 2000's Sooners the decade of the blue balls) While I am in no way knocking on anyone, I sense the mentality of many fans that we could and should have won a couple more and want our team to just go ahead and get it over with THIS year so we don't have to wait YET ANOTHER YEAR. That is why the Utah State game panicked so many of us.

Crucifax Autumn
9/12/2010, 05:05 AM
We ALL want that stuff, but we're not all jackholes about it. I don't even mind when the discussion is solid football talk, but the ones who panic and don't look at the whole picture annoy the crap out of me.

StoopTroup
9/12/2010, 10:25 AM
I think soonernation is just a little anxious over the fact that it has been ten years since our last national championship, despite the fact that we had a legitimate shot at a second one in 01, 02, 03, 04, 07, and 08.

What you wrote though is why every Sooner Fan who bags on the Team after a win is why many Sooner Fans look at you like you're mentally challenged. The bottomline is once Stoops got to Norman...we've enjoyed some of the best damn football in College Football History. Yeah it would be really awesome to be able to say we have 10 National championships....but it didn't happen...

Thing is OU competed for them...which is a lot more than any other fanbase can say.

IMO you should apologise to your Mother and go rake your Dad's yard and send Stoops a written apology as well.

PDXsooner
9/12/2010, 10:39 AM
We ALL want that stuff, but we're not all jackholes about it. I don't even mind when the discussion is solid football talk, but the ones who panic and don't look at the whole picture annoy the crap out of me.

bingo

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/12/2010, 10:46 AM
Unless we lose, I never freak out too muchCORRECT answer

Jdog
9/12/2010, 11:35 AM
Come on, last week was bad. People called it as they saw it. Two games into the season and we don't know how good FSU is and we don't know how bad Utah State is.
Nor do we know how good South Dakota is.

C&CDean
9/12/2010, 01:23 PM
Come on, last week was bad. People called it as they saw it. Two games into the season and we don't know how good FSU is and we don't know how bad Utah State is.
Nor do we know how good South Dakota is.

Yeah, people called it as they saw it alright.:rolleyes:

We had a board full of whiney bitches calling Landry a POS, the coaches stupid, the whole program in complete and utter disarray, blah blah blah ad nauseum. Unfortunately, a large percentage of OU "fans" do that **** after every loss or tough win.

Hell, these same dillweeds bitch about a 40-point win. I pretty much hate and am disgusted by the average OU "fan." Meh. Our coach has to call them out to get them to make any noise (and they still suck at it), they expect perfection on every play (hell half of them can't even take an average dump in the morning or get to work on time and yet they expect the coaches to always call a perfect game, the players to always play a perfect game - and then they'll still bitch because they're pretty much idiots at heart. Then, they have the audacity to couch their pathetic fandom as offering "objective football talk." Horse**** I say.

StoopTroup
9/12/2010, 01:33 PM
Double piles of horse ****!

BOOMER DEAN!

BTW.....the folks who were sitting on their *** most of the game can bite me and the next time they want to go to the game just because thier BFF and her friends want to drink free beer at Daddy's TG....just give your tickets to the nearest hillbilly you can find and go watch the Game at O'Connells where you can get olged by the drunk Hillbillies you should have given your tickets too.

adoniijahsooner
9/12/2010, 01:40 PM
Idk....if a team plays below potential, I dont see the issue with saying so. I think the fans understand that ultimately our input means absolutely nothing to the coaches. Even though I thought Landry played bad, i also picked this team in the prediction thread to win over FSU. I said before the FSU game that we will win the Big 12.

C&CDean
9/12/2010, 01:45 PM
No, your input wears me the **** out. It's so predictable, and so pathetically whiney it hurts my eyes to read most of it. It's like having a friend who is a total bipolar psycho. I hate you. I love you. I hate you. Who the **** wants to hang out with people like that? No, I'm not specifically speaking to you adoniijah, but you do pretty much camp out with the manic-depressives in the hater camp.

Collier11
9/12/2010, 01:52 PM
Idk....if a team plays below potential, I dont see the issue with saying so. I think the fans understand that ultimately our input means absolutely nothing to the coaches. Even though I thought Landry played bad, i also picked this team in the prediction thread to win over FSU. I said before the FSU game that we will win the Big 12.

Its sports with college kids, they arent going to play perfect every week. If we win thats all that matters. Coaches arent going to make every right call. The fact is there is a track record of success that cant be argued

adoniijahsooner
9/12/2010, 01:56 PM
No, your input wears me the **** out. It's so predictable, and so pathetically whiney it hurts my eyes to read most of it. It's like having a friend who is a total bipolar psycho. I hate you. I love you. I hate you. Who the **** wants to hang out with people like that? No, I'm not specifically speaking to you adoniijah, but you do pretty much camp out with the manic-depressives in the hater camp.

Wow, this means alot to you, huh? Seriously why does it matter what people write and have to say? You have never once heard me say that I hate this team, but I dont have any faith in Landry, so what? Why does that bother you so much? It's football, this is a football discussion board, and everyone will have something to say whether you like it or not. You are judging peoples lives based off what they think about a football team, ok.

StoopTroup
9/12/2010, 02:09 PM
:pop: :rolleyes:

CrimsonJim
9/12/2010, 02:18 PM
Give 'em hell, Dean! Tell them snot nosed, whiny little biches how the cow eats the cabbage. :D

adoniijahsooner
9/12/2010, 02:19 PM
:pop: :rolleyes:

There is nothing here...I just stated how I feel. Like I said before, I know what I say means nothing on this board. I enjoy this team, I enjoy to watch them play, I enjoy reading about them, and I enjoy reading all the wild stuff on this board. That will never change.

C&CDean
9/12/2010, 02:20 PM
Wow, this means alot to you, huh? Seriously why does it matter what people write and have to say? You have never once heard me say that I hate this team, but I dont have any faith in Landry, so what? Why does that bother you so much? It's football, this is a football discussion board, and everyone will have something to say whether you like it or not. You are judging peoples lives based off what they think about a football team, ok.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step in recovery...

Collier11
9/12/2010, 02:21 PM

Bad argument, in the same sense if you dont care what others think why do you post your opinion?

The fact of the matter is that a ton of OU fans on this board consistently overreact about players and coaches as well as the team in general on a frequent basis. Just sit back, enjoy, be critical or praise the team as you see fit but dont jump off the bridge cus of one bad performance

C&CDean
9/12/2010, 02:26 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^

adoniijahsooner
9/12/2010, 02:34 PM
Bad argument, in the same sense if you dont care what others think why do you post your opinion?

The fact of the matter is that a ton of OU fans on this board consistently overreact about players and coaches as well as the team in general on a frequent basis. Just sit back, enjoy, be critical or praise the team as you see fit but dont jump off the bridge cus of one bad performance

I know you guys are all homies and all, but how did I jump off the bridge If I predicted us to beat FSU after the Utah State game? If I said that we are still gonna be big 12 champs, then where is the chicken little in that? Do I need to pull up the quotes for you? These are all after the game....show me one that is chicken litte...

Let me be clear before we continue, I still think this team will be big 12 champs.

I think this team will improve.

28-17 OU

I think that is my problem....i didnt see the game with my own eyes. I had to listen to it be gargled to me by Barry Sr.. I do think we run the table if Landry gets his mind straight and stop losing focus. In years past we may have loss that Stanford game, and these guys are mentally tough enough to never give up, they dont lay down. We beat FSU by 14 points this weekend!

After seeing the replay of the game

I dont think he is horrible. i was watching the USU game last night, and some of the passes he connected with Broyles with were beautiful tosses. he has everything he needs to succeed at this level, so I am hoping we have the next heisman winner on our hands......oh Dean, could you change my screen-name for me ?

Seriously, when you look at guys like Sam, Colt, or even Shipley. They possess something that that recruiting services can't measure....heart, determination and a competitive fire! Does Landry have it? I guess we will see this season, because I cannot see him being our qb for the remainder of the year playing the way he did against USU.

Martinez is doing a fine job. From what I understand the guys were in position most of the night, and the rest of the stuff can be corrected.

About the Poll

10 isnt too bad...we handle business, then we'll rise again.

On how many yards Murray will have

I'm thinking 25 carries for 150yds.

Collier11
9/12/2010, 02:36 PM
I know you guys are all homies and all, but how did I jump off the bridge If I predicted us to beat FSU after the Utah State game? If I said that we are still gonna be big 12 champs, then where is the chicken little in that? Do I need to pull up the quotes for you? These are all after the game....show me one that is chicken litte...

Ive met Dean twice in my life, he thought I was good looking and all but we are hardly homies. As for the chicken little, I am speaking in general to the OU fans on this board that overreact every single week, it gets tiresome. If you arent in that group then dont worry about it bro

StoopTroup
9/12/2010, 02:37 PM
I think you might wanna change your location.

Home of the wise

I think it might offend someone. :D

adoniijahsooner
9/12/2010, 02:42 PM
I think you might wanna change your location.

I think it might offend someone. :D

ok

adoniijahsooner
9/12/2010, 02:44 PM
Ive met Dean twice in my life, he thought I was good looking and all but we are hardly homies. As for the chicken little, I am speaking in general to the OU fans on this board that overreact every single week, it gets tiresome. If you arent in that group then dont worry about it bro

ok...**** i just flooded my bathroom floor. Collier I think you are cool...I actually like everyone on here, including Leroy Lizard:D . Yall take it easy today...been up since 2am working....

StoopTroup
9/12/2010, 02:46 PM
ok

OK?

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/images/usa/oklahoma.jpg

Is there a reason stoolwater has to be on the map still?

C&CDean
9/12/2010, 02:46 PM
And you're a good sport for unfairly being the lightning rod for the REAL whiners. Most of them are wisely Shutting the FU today.

CrimsonJim
9/12/2010, 03:17 PM
OK?

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/images/usa/oklahoma.jpg

Is there a reason stoolwater has to be on the map still?

The real question is, was there ever a reason to put them on the map in the first place??

CrimsonJim
9/12/2010, 03:18 PM
And you're a good sport for unfairly being the lightning rod for the REAL whiners. Most of them are wisely Shutting the FU today.

I hope you didn't jinx us by saying that. ;)

agoo758
9/12/2010, 03:43 PM
What you wrote though is why every Sooner Fan who bags on the Team after a win is why many Sooner Fans look at you like you're mentally challenged. The bottomline is once Stoops got to Norman...we've enjoyed some of the best damn football in College Football History. Yeah it would be really awesome to be able to say we have 10 National championships....but it didn't happen...

Thing is OU competed for them...which is a lot more than any other fanbase can say.

IMO you should apologise to your Mother and go rake your Dad's yard and send Stoops a written apology as well.

Why are you jumping on me like that? Did you see me write anything negative about Stoops or anyone else? I thoroughly appreciate what he has done since he has gotten here and he is without a doubt one of the greatest coaches in the game today. All I pointed out was that fans may be a little frustrated that we have come close many times only to fall short, whether it's stoops fault or anyone else's

As for me, I happen to believe that the fact that we have been in contention just about every year is a testament to how great of a coach we have, however, some fans may get worried over a close game fearful of another dissapointing season. It doesn't mean they are right, but you guys want to know why people feel that way, well, that is why they do. No need for you to respond to me in a hateful way.

P.S. You sound like the type of guy who would not be talking to me like that if you we were face-to-face. So stop being a coward. Thank you.

Collier11
9/12/2010, 03:45 PM
P.S. You sound like the type of guy who would not be talking to me like that if you we were face-to-face. So stop being a coward. Thank you.

:D It never takes long for some tard to imply how tough he is. Funny thing is that Stoop didnt even come after you as a person, just your opinion so your little temper tantrum up there ^ is mega lame

And one more thing, how is he being a coward? Cus he called you on your BS and you didnt like it, if anyone is a coward id say it is probably you as you have already proven that you have no issue saying stupid, disrespectful and hateful things on this board

birddog
9/12/2010, 03:50 PM
:pop:

C&CDean
9/12/2010, 03:51 PM
agoo gobbler,

Tip: mind your p's and q's around here. You've done nothing but post offensive **** to a lot of long-time board members. Acting like billy badass the buttlicker ain't gonna help your cause none. Take my advice or not. I don't really care.

agoo758
9/12/2010, 03:56 PM
:D It never takes long for some tard to imply how tough he is. Funny thing is that Stoop didnt even come after you as a person, just your opinion so your little temper tantrum up there ^ is mega lame

And one more thing, how is he being a coward? Cus he called you on your BS and you didnt like it, if anyone is a coward id say it is probably you as you have already proven that you have no issue saying stupid, disrespectful and hateful things on this board

So what? I don't like to be talked to that way, so excuse me for defending myself when someone completely misinterprets what I have to say and jumps on me for no reason. Why are you even getting in the middle of this man? I have no problem with you. This conversations is over.

Collier11
9/12/2010, 04:00 PM
So what? I don't like to be talked to that way, so excuse me for defending myself when someone completely misinterprets what I have to say and jumps on me for no reason. Why are you even getting in the middle of this man? I have no problem with you. This conversations is over.

Because you have repeatedly acted rude and inappropriate for the last week, making fun of people on this board and now playing the tough guy role.

Its an opinion followed by an opinion, he didnt call you a p*ss or anything so why did you feel the need to take it to that level? This is a fun place but just to be fair im letting you know that you wont last long acting the way youve been acting, if you dont care thats up to you but youve taken it far past the general bickering or arguing that should take place

CrimsonJim
9/12/2010, 05:28 PM

I hope you didn't jinx us by saying that. ;)

Why are you jumping on me like that? Did you see me write anything negative about Stoops or anyone else? I thoroughly appreciate what he has done since he has gotten here and he is without a doubt one of the greatest coaches in the game today. All I pointed out was that fans may be a little frustrated that we have come close many times only to fall short, whether it's stoops fault or anyone else's

As for me, I happen to believe that the fact that we have been in contention just about every year is a testament to how great of a coach we have, however, some fans may get worried over a close game fearful of another dissapointing season. It doesn't mean they are right, but you guys want to know why people feel that way, well, that is why they do. No need for you to respond to me in a hateful way.

agoo gobbler,

Tip: mind your p's and q's around here. You've done nothing but post offensive **** to a lot of long-time board members. Acting like billy badass the buttlicker ain't gonna help your cause none. Take my advice or not. I don't really care.

I knew you were gonna jinx us... http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/banghead.gif

Jdog
9/19/2010, 12:14 AM
I take all my negative speak back - I thought our team played great today, especially Landry Jones -- and our Defense was incredible!!!!! I think they may have allowed only just under 500 yards.

Simply amazing!!!!!
Our team is undefeated baby!!!!

Blue
9/19/2010, 12:21 AM
And after we kick *** the next two weeks you'll be back on the bandwagon I suppose?

CrimsonJim
9/19/2010, 12:48 AM
I vote we just don't let him back on the wagon. ;)

Jdog
9/19/2010, 10:27 AM
Sounds good to me-----Probably give more money to the football program than any of you

Bye

XingTheRubicon
9/19/2010, 01:02 PM
this thread is more bi-polar than our QB