PDA

View Full Version : Screw FSU, Just got a call from BTK

olevetonahill
9/11/2010, 04:46 PM
He was saying Thruout the 9-11 thing when they axed fer a Moment of silence the FSU fans were yellin the Chant thingy and doing the Chop thingy. They Aint Dissin USA around me and gettin any mercy

Carl said he were about to go whoop some ***, I told him If i had been there we both would have been in JAIL
FFSU

Denver_Sooner
9/11/2010, 04:54 PM
Ughhh... OK

PDXsooner
9/11/2010, 05:04 PM
You get a couple of *******s at every game. Many have said the same about OU fans when they say home of the "Sooners"...

olevetonahill
9/11/2010, 06:45 PM
WTF is wrong with you PEEPS

The FANS that BTK told me about at the 1/2 were total DICKS
then that #74 Does his great hit after the LATE hit OOBs
**** Yall

olevetonahill
9/11/2010, 06:46 PM
Ughhh... OK

What Dumas? Ya dont see anything wrong with that ?:rolleyes:

OUDizzle
9/11/2010, 06:49 PM
Those ****ing commies.

olevetonahill
9/11/2010, 06:51 PM
Yall KMA
If I had been there me and BTK would prolly be doing some JAIL time
Jes Sayin

delhalew
9/11/2010, 06:53 PM
Not taking time for a short moment of silence is d!ckhead move. If you can argue that...I don't want to hear it.

Crucifax Autumn
9/11/2010, 06:54 PM
It's classless and assinine, just like the dumbazz out of bounds. FSU proves their class again. May as well be Miami.

OUthunder
9/11/2010, 06:57 PM
It's classless and assinine, just like the dumbazz out of bounds. FSU proves their class again. May as well be Miami.

Then the dumbass stands there an smiles like he's in Compton on the street with his hood. I hope some fans jump his *** after the game and kick the crap out of him. If Fisher had any class, he'd suspend him for a game or two and make him eat veggies for the week.

PDXsooner
9/11/2010, 07:04 PM
the FSU fans were yellin the Chant thingy

all of 'em?

NoleMan
9/11/2010, 07:09 PM
I didn't see that where I was. We take that very seriously. May have been as some were coming into the tunnel and maybe they didn't hear it, but if they did conciously, agree. Screw 'em.

delhalew
9/11/2010, 07:12 PM
Then the dumbass stands there an smiles like he's in Compton on the street with his hood. I hope some fans jump his *** after the game and kick the crap out of him. If Fisher had any class, he'd suspend him for a game or two and make him eat veggies for the week.

I wanted to jump through the tv and knock that smile off his punk @ssed face.

Fiatil
9/11/2010, 07:13 PM
Just got back from the game, there were definitely a lot of them doing the chant during the moment of silence. It was sort of stunning, and it definitely wasn't just one group of dumb fans.

Soonermagik
9/11/2010, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I had a guy yelling boomer next to me. We all told him to shut it!! Morons on both sides.

SoonerBacker
9/11/2010, 07:24 PM
all of 'em?

Pretty darn close to all of them. I sit in 103 and had a good view of it. There were SOME Noles' fans trying to get the others to stfup, but the vast majority just kept it up!

OUthunder
9/11/2010, 07:53 PM
I wanted to jump through the tv and knock that smile off his punk @ssed face.

Me too. He was as proud as a peacock.

olevetonahill
9/11/2010, 07:57 PM
all of 'em?

Were I there ? Hell NO , I going by what BTK called at 1/2 time and told me
:rolleyes:

Lott's Bandana
9/11/2010, 07:58 PM
I heard the tomahawk thingy and then a bunch of Boomer....Sooner responses, all during the moment of silence. It was pretty thoughtless both ways, all in the south end zone.

olevetonahill
9/11/2010, 08:01 PM
I didn't see that where I was. We take that very seriously. May have been as some were coming into the tunnel and maybe they didn't hear it, but if they did conciously, agree. Screw 'em.

Noleman , I hope you went to the SF Tailgate and had a great Time .
From what I heard yer Fans there were DICKS

Sooner98
9/11/2010, 08:10 PM
I was in the NE corner, and I could hear the tomahawk chant during the moment of silence quite clearly.

olevetonahill
9/11/2010, 08:25 PM
I heard the tomahawk thingy and then a bunch of Boomer....Sooner responses, all during the moment of silence. It was pretty thoughtless both ways, all in the south end zone.

I jes going by what BTK told me. If the OU Fans did that to then they succs:mad:

delhalew
9/11/2010, 08:27 PM

Perfect. You normally can't get a peep out of the south end zone, and then they go and pick a moment of silence for fallen Americans to get rowdy.

btk108
9/11/2010, 08:30 PM
Just got in......I can tell you the nole fans around us in 1 & 2 were reverent.....section 40 was the ones being *******s......ppl in one were yelling at them to shut up and then 40 just got louder.

Talked to Deano after the game....said he heard about it.....I think the FSU nation owes the American nation an apology.

I didn't hear any boomer sooners during the moment of silence.

IslandSooner
9/11/2010, 08:31 PM
Perfect. You normally can't get a peep out of the south end zone, and then they go and pick a moment of silence for fallen Americans to get rowdy.

Exactly what I was thinking..........

NoleMan
9/11/2010, 08:47 PM
Noleman , I hope you went to the SF Tailgate and had a great Time .
From what I heard yer Fans there were DICKS

We did. And let me tell ya, at the tailgate, and almost in every case, before and after, OU fans were nothing but class. Many came up to us and thanked us for coming. Had one guy try to start a fight with us while we were trying to sell a ticket. I told him to come on and he backed down. I'm not going to take that kind of **** from no one. But, please don't take isolated crap like I know our fans can do like that guy for OU. We all have our *******s. Thanks all for a GREAT time!

tulsaoilerfan
9/11/2010, 08:50 PM
unfortunately every fan base has *******s

olevetonahill
9/11/2010, 09:11 PM
We did. And let me tell ya, at the tailgate, and almost in every case, before and after, OU fans were nothing but class. Many came up to us and thanked us for coming. Had one guy try to start a fight with us while we were trying to sell a ticket. I told him to come on and he backed down. I'm not going to take that kind of **** from no one. But, please don't take isolated crap like I know our fans can do like that guy for OU. We all have our *******s. Thanks all for a GREAT time!

Glad ya had a great time bro
Im just and Ole Nam vet that gets pissed when OUR country gets Dissed.
Didja Meet folk at the SF Tailgate ?

btk108
9/11/2010, 09:16 PM
Noleman.....I looked for you at the TG....and prolly missed you....wait..I did talk to some nole fans......and they were more than cordial. I just got tied up talking to old friends there and I hope I didnt' ignore you.

As a matter of fact...we had several nole fans...Dolemite brought some in and showed them around

We're not perfect...we have *******s too....but the majority of the Sooner Fans are righteous...and I'm sure yours are too. It's that 1 percent that makes us all look bad.

BTW...I asked the wife again to be sure if she heard any boomer sooners during the moment....she said no....she heard...."shut up" and "boo"...which def could have been taken as a boomer.

yankee
9/11/2010, 09:20 PM
i was on the field, right in front of the south endzone during the pre-game. i did not hear a whole lot of war chants during the moment of silence. really, it wasn't that bad. but, it seemed almost all of the nole fans were doing the chant during the grand old flag. that kinda made me mad.

olevetonahill
9/11/2010, 09:23 PM
i was on the field, right in front of the south endzone during the pre-game. i did not hear a whole lot of war chants during the moment of silence. really, it wasn't that bad. but, it seemed almost all of the nole fans were doing the chant during the grand old flag. that kinda made me mad.

Have ya gotten the Cotton out yer ears ?
Ill trust BTK ;)

yankee
9/11/2010, 09:26 PM
Have ya gotten the Cotton out yer ears ?
Ill trust BTK ;)

you're drunk, so i'm taking your anger with a gigantic grain of salt. i was right there. literally right there. close enough that drunk FSU fans were cussing my buddies and i out. it wasn't that bad during the moment of silence.

Wishboned
9/11/2010, 09:39 PM
I was furious when those asshat FSU fans did their idiotic ****ing war chant during the moment of silence.

They deserved the *** whipping they got.

olevetonahill
9/11/2010, 09:42 PM
you're drunk, so i'm taking your anger with a gigantic grain of salt. i was right there. literally right there. close enough that drunk FSU fans were cussing my buddies and i out. it wasn't that bad during the moment of silence.

Yankee , I aint even close to durnk
But betwensnt YOU an ME, Ill Take BTKs word over yers
so **** off dip **** ;)

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/11/2010, 09:56 PM
I was over in Section 2 , and I did HEAR the War Chant during the Moment of Silence...but I didn't think it was coming from the actual SEZ stands or anywhere else inside the seating bowl. It sounded like it was coming from the tunnels underneath the SEZ. Which, in that case, I can let a few things slide if they legitimately didn't hear the PA announcer because they straggling getting to their seats.

Now, the asshat who yelled "BOOMER!"...yeah, eff that guy.

olevetonahill
9/11/2010, 10:01 PM
I was over in Section 2 , and I did HEAR the War Chant during the Moment of Silence...but I didn't think it was coming from the actual SEZ stands or anywhere else inside the seating bowl. It sounded like it was coming from the tunnels underneath the SEZ. Which, in that case, I can let a few things slide if they legitimately didn't hear the PA announcer because they straggling getting to their seats.

Ok The Dude that called me at the 1/2 is a lying Bastage :rolleyes:
**** off dip ****s :pop:

SoonerBacker
9/11/2010, 10:06 PM
Again, it was very audible from where I was sitting in 103. I also SAW many of their fans inside the seating areas doing it. I also saw some of the other Seminole fans tryinf to shut them up. If I could hear it in 103, I cannot figure out why someone standing right in front of the South End Zone couldn't!

Oh well, I know what I heard and what I saw.........

NoleMan
9/11/2010, 10:25 PM
Glad ya had a great time bro
Im just and Ole Nam vet that gets pissed when OUR country gets Dissed.
Didja Meet folk at the SF Tailgate ?

I had a GREAT time at the tailgate. And I know how you would feel. Have ties up at Ft. Campbell and respect deeply our country and arm forces. I want to truly thank you for your service. I heard some chants from the tunnel and can only assume some didn't hear the PA. We have some ******* students but NO Nole I know would purposely disrespect something as sacred as 9 11. We have many military tributes at Doak and they are always treated with the utmost reverence.

olevetonahill
9/11/2010, 10:30 PM
I had a GREAT time at the tailgate. And I know how you would feel. Have ties up at Ft. Campbell and respect deeply our country and arm forces. I want to truly thank you for your service. I heard some chants from the tunnel and can only assume some didn't hear the PA. We have some ******* students but NO Nole I know would purposely disrespect something as sacred as 9 11. We have many military tributes at Doak and they are always treated with the utmost reverence.

YOU are a class dude, Must be why yer still green .
Those aszholes Piszed me off . Plus the 2 dipwads THat celebrated the HIT , and that aszwipe that did the AFTER late hit OFBs:pop:

Wishboned
9/11/2010, 10:35 PM
Again, it was very audible from where I was sitting in 103. I also SAW many of their fans inside the seating areas doing it. I also saw some of the other Seminole fans tryinf to shut them up. If I could hear it in 103, I cannot figure out why someone standing right in front of the South End Zone couldn't!

Oh well, I know what I heard and what I saw.........

I was in 102, and heard the same thing you did. It was bad enough for them to do it during Grand Old Flag, but when the ****wads do it during a moment of silence, then it's time to get a rope.

And it wasn't just *******s in the tunnels. I could see idiots in the lower southeast corner waving their limp wristed tomahawk chop.

The only time we got a true moment of silence from FSU fans was when OU went up 34-7 on them.

rainiersooner
9/11/2010, 10:38 PM
Yall KMA
If I had been there me and BTK would prolly be doing some JAIL time
Jes Sayin

How about Dumbo Fisher calling time outs and throwing in the end zone with no time left in the fourth quarter? He's lucky his DC is Bob's brother, or we could (and should) have put 70 on them.

sooner518
9/11/2010, 10:41 PM
How about Dumbo Fisher calling time outs and throwing in the end zone with no time left in the fourth quarter? He's lucky his DC is Bob's brother, or we could (and should) have put 70 on them.

he didnt throw into the endzone... he threw like a 15 yard route, and 3 of our DBs completely whiffed, letting him get into the endzone. theyre trying to score. BFD, if we dont want em to score, we oughta stop em

CatfishSooner
9/11/2010, 10:47 PM
The only time we got a true moment of silence from FSU fans was when OU went up 34-7 on them.

:D :pop:

OU Joe-C
9/11/2010, 11:00 PM
I filmed this right in front of me. This guy was getting the occasional heckling from sooner fans and did not take it well. Warning: there is some language and adult situations.

8DaAWUyeVvQ

Blue
9/11/2010, 11:07 PM
For someone whos always braggin about their "spek hammer" you sure got a limp noodle tonight, Vet.

A few tries and you can't even turn a n00b like me red? You're losing your touch.

:P :P :texan:

Tiptonsooner
9/11/2010, 11:08 PM
I filmed this right in front of me. This guy was getting the occasional heckling from sooner fans and did not take it well. Warning: there is some language and adult situations.

8DaAWUyeVvQ

You must've been in the row in front of me. I think that kid realized he should've shut up, hell, his own mother got up and left his butt.

olevetonahill
9/11/2010, 11:13 PM
For someone whos always braggin about their "spek hammer" you sure got a limp noodle tonight, Vet.

A few tries and you can't even turn a n00b like me red? You're losing your touch.

:P :P :texan:

I wernt tryin , Nor did i ever BRAG . want some more ?;)

Blue
9/11/2010, 11:15 PM
I wernt tryin , Nor did i ever BRAG . want some more ?;)

You finally got me. Good job, ya bastard. :D

olevetonahill
9/11/2010, 11:17 PM
You finally got me. Good job, ya bastard. :D

Froz Kiss MY dick ;)

Blue
9/11/2010, 11:23 PM
Im about 40 miles from Froz. Its me, Blue! Yer Boy! lol

olevetonahill
9/11/2010, 11:26 PM
Im about 40 miles from Froz. Its me, Blue! Yer Boy! lol

And with ONE hit yer back Green LOL

Blue
9/11/2010, 11:27 PM
Ooh the ups and downs of n00bage. Good times.

SoonerShark
9/11/2010, 11:29 PM
I doubt seriously if any of them were worse than many of us. Also, who knows if they even heard what was being said. With so much blaring and the roar of their crowd I doubt if they even picked up on what was being said. Give people the benefit of the doubt.

olevetonahill
9/11/2010, 11:31 PM
I doubt seriously if any of them were worse than many of us. Also, who knows if they even heard what was being said. With so much blaring and the roar of their crowd I doubt if they even picked up on what was being said. Give people the benefit of the doubt.

Ya think ? **** off dip **** !:P

Sooner Among The Pack
9/11/2010, 11:33 PM

This. Was in Section 3, and it was clear it wasn't in the stadium because we were looking from where it was coming from in the south end zone. It was in the tunnels, but the BOOMER was in reponse in the SEZ.

SoonerShark
9/11/2010, 11:36 PM
Ya think ? **** off dip **** !:P

That's exactly the phrase that I would teach my children. Why err on the side of decency?

Crucifax Autumn
9/11/2010, 11:43 PM
I pujrposely ignored all the 9/11 tributes today since it's depressing and I wanted to enjoy my saturday college football and of course the Sooner azz-whipping. Same thing I did with all the commercials about kids with cancer. Not because I don't care, but rather that I care too much.

What I would NEVER do though is cheer, yell, laugh, act stupid, etc. during a moment of silence for any tragedy, either epic (9/11) or personal (cancer). That kinda disrespect makes me want to vomit.

Crucifax Autumn
9/11/2010, 11:44 PM
That's exactly the phrase that I would teach my children. Why err on the side of decency?

If my kids DON'T say **** off dip**** to people that would do fight chants during a moment of silence I raised them wrong.

olevetonahill
9/11/2010, 11:57 PM

Not sure yer kids can unnerstand **** from shinola ;)

olevetonahill
9/11/2010, 11:59 PM
I pujrposely ignored all the 9/11 tributes today since it's depressing and I wanted to enjoy my saturday college football and of course the Sooner azz-whipping. Same thing I did with all the commercials about kids with cancer. Not because I don't care, but rather that I care too much.

What I would NEVER do though is cheer, yell, laugh, act stupid, etc. during a moment of silence for any tragedy, either epic (9/11) or personal (cancer). That kinda disrespect makes me want to vomit.

If my kids DON'T say **** off dip**** to people that would do fight chants during a moment of silence I raised them wrong.

Cru, Is this Nick back from the dead ?
hes a Dumas

olevetonahill
9/12/2010, 12:10 AM

Were YOU there ?
If not Ill take BTKs werd fer .

yankee
9/12/2010, 12:43 AM
they may have been saying stuff when the announcer came on and said please remember the victims in the moment of silence...but when those bells were struck however many times, you could hear a pin drop in owen field. pretty incredible, and very touching. except that dbag who yelled boomer. i hope someone punched him in the face.

olevetonahill
9/12/2010, 12:50 AM
they may have been saying stuff when the announcer came on and said please remember the victims in the moment of silence...but when those bells were struck however many times, you could hear a pin drop in owen field. pretty incredible, and very touching. except that dbag who yelled boomer. i hope someone punched him in the face.

I eagerly await BTK to post in this thread
Peeps I dont Give a **** ok ?
Im jes sayin what BTK called me at the 1/2 and said
I did see the asswipe on the bench who hit after the LATE hit .
I did see the 2 asswipes Celibrate when Clay got hurt
So guess what ? **** em.:rolleyes:

yankee
9/12/2010, 12:59 AM
Peeps I dont Give a **** ok ?

then stop responding if that's truly the case. :)

Sooner04
9/12/2010, 01:08 AM
I just chalked it up to them being loud in the pre-game and not paying any attention to what the PA said. By the time they realized what was going on (tolling of the bells) it was extremely quiet throughout the stadium.

Overall, no big deal. Breakdown of communication. It happens.

Pricetag
9/12/2010, 01:21 AM
I was in Section 37, and I think they were doing the chant in Section 36. It was upsetting, but I do think they didn't know what was going on. There were tons of FSU fans in the lower rows adamantly trying to shut the others up to the point that they were almost causing a disturbance. Like 04 said, it was over quickly.

btk108
9/12/2010, 10:34 AM
It was a buunch of FSU students at the top....and they WERE doing the chop. How you could you NOT hear the PA or read the boards....or hear the people yelling at you to STF up?

If any of our fans yelled Boomer....they're just as bad

It's over, they know what they did, the entire nation knows now. They can live with it and can never take it back.

Let's move on.........

StoopTroup
9/12/2010, 11:01 AM
Land of the free and the HOME OF THE BRAVE! Was sang proudly by me yesterday. It was odd to not scream "SOONERS!" considering the importance of this game but the importance of remembering the events of 9-11-01 surpass anything else IMO. It will be that way until they throw dirt on me and post my obit.

Anyone who forgot their head yesterday and forgot about 9-11-01 should seriously hang their head down and ask for forgiveness IMO.

NoleMan
9/12/2010, 11:21 AM
It was a buunch of FSU students at the top....and they WERE doing the chop. How you could you NOT hear the PA or read the boards....or hear the people yelling at you to STF up?

If any of our fans yelled Boomer....they're just as bad

It's over, they know what they did, the entire nation knows now. They can live with it and can never take it back.

Let's move on.........

As noted last night, NO Nole I know would ever knowingly disrespect a ceremony like that. Just like NO Sooner I know, or have ever met (including many wonderful fans yesterday) would. Just to throw it all out there, I read today the "Patriotism Score: D" in the Oklahoman because apprarently, despite repeated pleas from your President, fans continue to substitute "home of the Sooners"at the end of the National Anthem instead of "home of the brave". On 9 11? No airplay on that one.

This isn't a post to see who's more patriotic or disgusted by the acts of the relative few. I think we'd all agree any of the acts mentioned are inappropriate. It was noisy as hell and I could see where the announcement wasn't initially heard. But I do not doubt anyone's observations or feelings. Know why? It's a generational thing. OUR students generally just don't get it. Some do, or will. Fuel them with alcohol and you get what you get. It aint just FSU, but I can tell ya, when it's ours, it PISSES ME OFF! In fact, I wrote our AD the other day about ways to improve the game day experience at Doak.

Anyway, great performance yesterday. Hope some of you can make the rematch in Tally!

StoopTroup
9/12/2010, 11:35 AM
Noleman....you're just never going to understand how the Home of the Sooners deal has grown into the statement that it has....

The Daily Oklahoman has become a rag that prints crap like that to get folks to buy their paper. Their Patriotism Rating means about as much to me as Hamas's thoughts on the matter.

9-11-01 is a much different thing for me. That was an attack on US soil and should never be forgotten.

Home of the Sooners is a statement that reminds each Team who crosses the entrance to Memorial Field that they are being put on notice that we will not stand still and be silent when your Team comes to attack our Team on our soil.

Yeah....it might upset some folks....but it's not going away anytime soon....no matter who's POTUS.

The Daily Oklahoman can kiss my ***.

NoleMan
9/12/2010, 11:42 AM
Noleman....you're just never going to understand how the Home of the Sooners deal has grown into the statement that it has....

The Daily Oklahoman has become a rag that prints crap like that to get folks to buy their paper. Their Patriotism Rating means about as much to me as Hamas's thoughts on the matter.

9-11-01 is a much different thing for me. That was an attack on US soil and should never be forgotten.

Home of the Sooners is a statement that reminds each Team who crosses the entrance to Memorial Field that they are being put on notice that we will not stand still and be silent when your Team comes to attack our Team on our soil.

Yeah....it might upset some folks....but it's not going away anytime soon....no matter who's POTUS.

I hear ya. Same as some of the crap the "Orlando Slatinel" does.

colleyvillesooner
9/12/2010, 11:42 AM
I could see it in the stands and hear it clearly from the very top row of 233. It happened, in the stands, and it was loud. It was just as loud as the idiot sooner fans who started Boomer Sooner in response. Embarrassed by both.

Wishboned
9/12/2010, 11:46 AM
I hear ya. Same as some of the crap the "Orlando Slatinel" does.

Mike Bianchi blows goats for fun.

unbiasedtruth
9/12/2010, 12:23 PM
all hell Noles and their fans are a bunch of racists anyway..... think about this... they take a white student, put color pigmentation on him to darken his skin, put a fake black wig on him, fake indian clothing, fake indian war spear and parade him out as their mascot on about the only thing that is real a cool looking horse....

screw them all.....

imagine trying to do that except becoming black instead of red..... what would be said then....

OU stopped Lil' Red about 40 years ago, and this "unofficial" mascot of the Sooners was an Indian and on full scholarship....

btw... I am Cherokee, member of the Nation and I'll say Indian.....

PDXsooner
9/12/2010, 02:14 PM

Nice rationalization. I know two veterans specifically (including my old man, who served 27 years and spent a year in 'Nam) who are offended by the home of the Sooners thing. He's written letters to the OKlahoman and to Boren.

Either way, I'm not saying you need to agree with them. But plenty of people are offended by it, and yet Sooner fans still do it.

StoopTroup
9/12/2010, 02:29 PM
Nice rationalization. I know two veterans specifically (including my old man, who served 27 years and spent a year in 'Nam) who are offended by the home of the Sooners thing. He's written letters to the OKlahoman and to Boren.

Either way, I'm not saying you need to agree with them. But plenty of people are offended by it, and yet Sooner fans still do it.

It's not a rationalization unless you can actually do something about it.

There's nothing I can do to change what happens at the end of the National Athem at Sooner Games. When you and all the Veterans and American Patriots can get the Westboro Baptist Church to stop what they are doing at Military Funerals I'll begin to think that there is a possibility of getting folks to stop the "Home of the Sooners!" deal. Thing is....it is the ''Home of the Sooners'' and the ''Home of the Brave''. If folks were spitting in your face calling you a baby killer I'd say there would be a major incident in the stands and I'd be right there with you stomping a mudhole in thier ***. Take the meaning of "Home of the Sooners" and turn it into what you want....but for me....From sea to shining sea....America is the Home of the Brave and Memorial Field is the the Home of Sooner Football.

I hope you someday can get it back to "Home of the Brave"....but I'm going to try and spin it into a positive instead of trying to get my feelings hurt that someone is treading on the part of my Family that not only lost Family in past Wars but also currently serve our Nation proudly.

Nice try putting that on me....but reality trumps rationalization every time IMO.

I was a kid when dirty hippies wore the American Flag to patch the hole in the *** of their jeans in the late 60's and early 70's. I didn't think it was right then and I don't think it's right now...however I haven't seen anything like that since I was a kid around these parts. I hope I never do again anywhere.

NoleMan
9/12/2010, 03:31 PM
all hell Noles and their fans are a bunch of racists anyway..... think about this... they take a white student, put color pigmentation on him to darken his skin, put a fake black wig on him, fake indian clothing, fake indian war spear and parade him out as their mascot on about the only thing that is real a cool looking horse....

screw them all.....

imagine trying to do that except becoming black instead of red..... what would be said then....

OU stopped Lil' Red about 40 years ago, and this "unofficial" mascot of the Sooners was an Indian and on full scholarship....

btw... I am Cherokee, member of the Nation and I'll say Indian.....

Gotta call BS on using the race card thing there. The forcible relocation and movement of Native Americans from their home lands, including many members of the Cherokee, Creek, and Seminole tribes, will go down as one of the greatest, heart-stirring tragedies of all time. All "white men", although we weren’t there and didn’t perpetrate such disgusting acts, should feel some burden for “The Trail of Tears”, as we should for things like forcible slavery. I get that. And it’s not a proud moment in our nation’s past.

But you don’t know me. You don’t know our fans. Our administration. Our school. Because if you did, you would know we as a collective group are not “racists”. That’s an out of bounds comment.

Have you actually ever been to Doak Campbell Stadium? Do you actually know about our long standing relationship with the Seminole Tribe of Florida? If you actually took some time to do your home work, you’d know that the Seminole Tribe of Florida's Tribal Council fully supports FSU's use of the "Seminole" name.

The Tribal Council's resolution during the flap with the NCAA reads, in part, that the "Seminole Tribe of Florida has an established relationship with Florida State University, which includes its permission to use the name, 'Seminole,' as well as various Seminole symbols and images, such as Chief Osceola, for educational purposes and the Seminole Tribe of Florida wishes to go on record that it has not opposed, and, in fact, supports the continued use of the name 'Seminole.'" The resolution also supports the use of the Seminole head logo, which is endorsed by the university.

Many traditions are already in place at FSU. A Seminole color guard participates in every commencement ceremony. A Seminole junior princess participates in the Homecoming parade and crowns the Homecoming princess and chief. FSU administrators also regularly travel to Seminole reservations to recruit students to be "Seminole Scholars." The school has established scholarships, which pay 80 percent of a student's tuition. They help provide input each year with the costumes used by Chief Osceola.

I could go on, but would invite you to come down next year to Tallahassee to learn more about the storied history of “The Unconquered” Seminoles of Florida and just how much they’re engrained in our culture.

For me, I’m out of this divisive thread and plan on going back to talking about football.

Best of luck to the Sooners the rest of year.

Sooner04
9/12/2010, 04:17 PM
Home of the Sooners is still goofy and, in my opinion, tacky. It's the National Anthem, for God's sake. Is nothing sacred?

But, thousands upon thousands of people insist on doing it. They can continue to do it, and it is their right.......just as it is my right to think they're morons for doing so.

unbiasedtruth
9/12/2010, 11:57 PM
Gotta call BS on using the race card thing there. The forcible relocation and movement of Native Americans from their home lands, including many members of the Cherokee, Creek, and Seminole tribes, will go down as one of the greatest, heart-stirring tragedies of all time. All "white men", although we weren’t there and didn’t perpetrate such disgusting acts, should feel some burden for “The Trail of Tears”, as we should for things like forcible slavery. I get that. And it’s not a proud moment in our nation’s past.

But you don’t know me. You don’t know our fans. Our administration. Our school. Because if you did, you would know we as a collective group are not “racists”. That’s an out of bounds comment.

Have you actually ever been to Doak Campbell Stadium? Do you actually know about our long standing relationship with the Seminole Tribe of Florida? If you actually took some time to do your home work, you’d know that the Seminole Tribe of Florida's Tribal Council fully supports FSU's use of the "Seminole" name.

The Tribal Council's resolution during the flap with the NCAA reads, in part, that the "Seminole Tribe of Florida has an established relationship with Florida State University, which includes its permission to use the name, 'Seminole,' as well as various Seminole symbols and images, such as Chief Osceola, for educational purposes and the Seminole Tribe of Florida wishes to go on record that it has not opposed, and, in fact, supports the continued use of the name 'Seminole.'" The resolution also supports the use of the Seminole head logo, which is endorsed by the university.

Many traditions are already in place at FSU. A Seminole color guard participates in every commencement ceremony. A Seminole junior princess participates in the Homecoming parade and crowns the Homecoming princess and chief. FSU administrators also regularly travel to Seminole reservations to recruit students to be "Seminole Scholars." The school has established scholarships, which pay 80 percent of a student's tuition. They help provide input each year with the costumes used by Chief Osceola.

I could go on, but would invite you to come down next year to Tallahassee to learn more about the storied history of “The Unconquered” Seminoles of Florida and just how much they’re engrained in our culture.

For me, I’m out of this divisive thread and plan on going back to talking about football.

Best of luck to the Sooners the rest of year.

from your reoly you dont feel to guilty do ya.....;)

yankee
9/13/2010, 12:12 AM

you DO know the history behind the word "Sooner"...don't you??? we could just as easily be accused of being racists (and we have in the past).