PDA

View Full Version : Gallon signed... sort of...

the_ouskull
9/10/2010, 05:28 PM
From "Bucksketball,"

"Gallon has become a bit of an uncertainty since his well received June drafting. The Bucks have loaded up on power forwards this summer and Gallon's play in Summer League was inconsistent. He showed signs as a rebounder and scorer around the rim, but struggled to finish on his post moves and often drifted around the perimeter ... So while Gallon still appears to have potential that is eclipsed only by his weight, he does have some things to work on."

And from the Milwaukee Sentinel-Journal:

The Bucks announced Friday they have signed Keith "Tiny" Gallon to a contract and the former Oklahoma player will take part in the team's training camp.

Gallon, the 47th overall pick in the June draft, signed a non-guaranteed deal and the Bucks already have 15 guaranteed contracts, so the 6-foot-9, 290-pound forward faces a difficult battle to make the final roster.

Gallon played in the NBA Summer League with the Bucks team and averaged 6.6 points and 7.4 rebounds in 19.4 minutes per game. In one season at Oklahoma, he averaged 10.3 points and 7.9 rebounds while shooting 54.7% from the field.

Guard Darington Hobson, picked 37th overall by the Bucks, was signed to a guaranteed deal earlier this month.

Gallon will have to play well enough in camp to convince the Bucks to keep him on the roster at the expense of a guaranteed-contract player. If he eventually is waived by the team, he would become an unrestricted free agent.

Last chance for "Tiny." Think he'll finally work hard... for once...? I vote "no," but that they'll waive or D-league some guaranteed guy anyway. "Potential" should be a swear word. Anyway, the Bucks won't really need Jerry Stackhouse now that Redd's back, unless they're looking to move Redd, maybe for picks... but, either way, that'd free up a spot for Keith. I want him to fail, but more than that, I almost want him to make it so I can WATCH him fail. If he fails now, I may never see him play again. Sigh.

Oh Keith, how I'll miss your 6'9", 300-pound *ss drifting around the three-point line, not because you were a good shooter from there, but because you didn't have to run as far that way. Good luck in your new career as a matador. No? Turnstile?

the_ouskull

stoopified
9/13/2010, 11:41 AM
From "Bucksketball,"

And from the Milwaukee Sentinel-Journal:

Last chance for "Tiny." Think he'll finally work hard... for once...? I vote "no," but that they'll waive or D-league some guaranteed guy anyway. "Potential" should be a swear word. Anyway, the Bucks won't really need Jerry Stackhouse now that Redd's back, unless they're looking to move Redd, maybe for picks... but, either way, that'd free up a spot for Keith. I want him to fail, but more than that, I almost want him to make it so I can WATCH him fail. If he fails now, I may never see him play again. Sigh.

Oh Keith, how I'll miss your 6'9", 300-pound *ss drifting around the three-point line, not because you were a good shooter from there, but because you didn't have to run as far that way. Good luck in your new career as a matador. No? Turnstile?

the_ouskullHuman roadblock? Door stop? Busboy at THE CHEEESECAKE FACTORY?

ouleaf
9/13/2010, 11:53 AM
"Gallon has become a bit of an uncertainty since his well received June drafting. The Bucks have loaded up on power forwards this summer and Gallon's play in Summer League was inconsistent. He showed signs as a rebounder and scorer around the rim, but struggled to finish on his post moves and often drifted around the perimeter ... So while Gallon still appears to have potential that is eclipsed only by his weight, he does have some things to work on."

Definitely a great summary of him and his time at OU. Trouble finishing around the post and his weight restricting any sort of athleticism he has, and the mindset of a 2 guard camping out around the 3pt line.

The Bucks would have to be really bad depth wise at the PF spot for him to make the roster. Look for him to be sent down to the D League

Collier11
9/29/2010, 11:21 PM
Doubt they get rid of a guaranteed contract guy for him unless his attitude is completely different