PDA

View Full Version : Ponder This: OFFICIAL OU vs. Florida State Prediction Thread

soonerboy_odanorth
9/9/2010, 11:37 PM
3, 4, or 5 losses (again) this year. Those are your choices. There are no others after seeing the debut of the 2010 Sooners last week.

First, in another thread I told you fools not to lay down your seminoleans down on OU. That spread was crazy. No way was the hurky jurky Jones going to lead this team to a big number on the scoreboard. When did he last year? Plus, again, breaking in a brand new offensive line. And where are we weak on D? Up the middle and at the corners. DUH! Just based on returning Aggie logic by Utah State you had to go with the Pokes… if you’re pound foolish and penny wise anyway. Which you must be to put together any kind of a save (think Mariano Rivera.)

Anyway, let’s fish er cut tacks and bow down the brass. Here is what YOU need to prepare for Saturday night. I'll try to be straight forward.

So a little history…

As we know, FSU looked beyond reprobate in taking down Samford. Consider what that means in that Samford at one time was just a women’s school. Bobby Bowden took over, and was able to convince administration to let some fellas represent the school to get a little espiritu d’ cordon gendered for the ladies, thereby taking them co-ed. And that first group of gridironers took a lot of grief with all the NOW protests and such. But they built a program. So FSU was up against a tradition leather hide football program. Then on the flip, that same Bobby Bowden turned around and got the FSU admin to change them from a sort of ROTC-like Core of Cadets school to a little more traditional sort of experience by again suggesting a ball program and then need to at the same time bring some of the ladies over to add some color, thereby taking FSU Coed. Two campuses… transformed!

But let’s now break down the matchups…

First, at kickoff I think there could be trouble going up the middle. The flaming spear scorch marks could make a difference in our man Bobby’s decision on whether or not to let DeMarco return kicks. That mangled turf might be deterrent to our injury prone Clydesdale. And it is hard to see with the suspect lighting at Gaylord-Owen. Without that sure footed hammer delivering the ball field position will be an issue.

Then, offensively, we have Wilson squaring off against a Stoops defense. Now, some of you probably do not pay any attention to the scrimmages and the red and gold and crimson and white spring games, but it is very telling that a Wilson offense has never fared well against a Stoops defense. And again… kiddie-core of cadets on the o-line will not be able to handle that South Florida defensive speed. Nor will our backs and receivers be able to separate their shoulders when their backs are to the secondary. That poses a problem.

Defensively, we not only have to contend against that South Florida speed, but that lower Alabama swamp speed too. Those fellas all spend their youthful exuberance plowing through those dank swamp lands. They are used to the resistance and it helps develop that second gear, maybe a third.

And let’s just face it, their QB is ON, just ON. Ours is OFF, just OFF. Nothing that can be shorn down with a Remington Master Trim in a week. Not by a long shot.

So with knuckleballs and pitches high and outside… I call it:

FSU 38
OU 16

There you have it, the Seminoles are due to drive Semi-holes right on through I-35 Soonerville.

Blue
9/9/2010, 11:43 PM
YOURE CRAZY!!!! OMG!!! REALLY??!!! :D

soonerboy_odanorth
9/10/2010, 12:27 AM
Jeebus that was a long drive to watch us get semi-holed.

Them bastages in KC don't know how to drive in the rain. Took us 2 1/2 hours to clear the metro. GAH!

Blue
9/10/2010, 12:40 AM
I don't really want to get into it with you. It's JMO.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/10/2010, 08:18 AM
Odanorth is pure genius

sooner_born_1960
9/10/2010, 08:24 AM
Pretty much nailed it. Excellent analysis.

BillyBall
9/10/2010, 08:39 AM
That was really well done...

sooneron
9/10/2010, 09:24 AM
One of his better ones, fo sho!

Mississippi Sooner
9/10/2010, 09:27 AM
I'm with ya on most of it, but....South Florida? Everybody knows the Gayturs have all the South Florida speed. Ain't none left for the Noles.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/10/2010, 09:54 AM
kickoff analysis...oustanding

C&CDean
9/10/2010, 09:57 AM
Nice work Sir Richard. Doomed. Doomed I tell ya.

CaliBornSoonerBred
9/10/2010, 10:19 AM
BRILLIANT!

Soonerntxs
9/10/2010, 10:49 AM
H*lls Bells guys why didn't you post this before I went and spent my last baby diaper $$$'s on season tickets, I could have just drove to Mexico and been gettin decapitated by the mafia instead of some OU Tailgate Party, prior to watchin my beloved Sooners get destroyed by those Bad A**'s:D Since we are down and out for the season, do you all think I should break it to LJ that he is really not the starter, its just that Stoops, never fires anybody, he thought he might keep him in the slot for old times sake?

OK, I just woke up form a DAYMARE:eek: @ Wrk!

We will never be defeated!

OU 45
fsu 17

and YES, I will be bringing 6pt. Bood LIT to the TG!!

BOOMER!

OUrules
9/10/2010, 11:26 AM
South Florida, really? You obviously don't know shat about Fla football or recruiting. FSU gets a few players from south Florida but not many. I think that Stoops and the boys have had a gameplan for the Noles for a while now and will NOT be denied. They will win, but it will be a nail biter squeaker....

stoops the eternal pimp
9/10/2010, 11:35 AM
SO is the resident genius on South Florida football...

Mississippi Sooner
9/10/2010, 11:38 AM
I thought I saw a panther in south Florida once, but it turned out to be an old tire.

Jboozer
9/10/2010, 12:12 PM
223-0, that way we beat the NCAA record for most points scored in a game

yukonsooner
9/10/2010, 12:38 PM
My brain tells me prepare for a loss, but my heart says my Sooners want to win and will. I'm going with my heart. It may not be pretty, but I think the streak goes to 32.

homerSimpsonsBrain
9/10/2010, 01:21 PM
http://www.probillfish.com/pics/homepage0.jpg

Hopefully you catch us some better mojo this year to go along with your wall mounted n00bs

Mississippi Sooner
9/10/2010, 01:24 PM
I tried some of that south Florida speed once, but it wasn't nearly as good as what I could get from that trailer park in Wynnewood.

BosworthXXXL
9/10/2010, 08:59 PM
Oklahoma 34

Florida State 17

IronHorseSooner
9/11/2010, 08:50 AM
Paperclips- 38

Free Shoes- 21

mightysooner
9/11/2010, 12:11 PM
I'm going to go with what history shows happens to "Heisman hopeful QB's" when they visit Norman which is total destruction of their Heisman campaign. Ponder is a pocket passer. He will be chased and harassed all day and spend most of the game picking clods of grass out of his facemask so bad he has to ask for a cleaner jersey at halftime. Florida State isn't "back" because they trounced a D-1AA school. Last year they had one of the worst run defenses in the nation and I don't see that improving over the course of the offseason enough to handle playing in Norman.

I think today will be the Demarco Murray show and he will go over 200 yards running and receiving and the defensive pass rush finds it's teeth pummeling Ponder. I like a nailbiter in the first half with the Sooners pulling away in the middle of the second half to a 31-17 victory squelching all the Florida State talk.

sooner_born_1960
9/13/2010, 12:45 PM
Excellent analysis.

jharkins
9/13/2010, 12:52 PM
We will never be defeated!

OU 45
fsu 17

BOOMER!

Impressive score prediction.....

CrimsonJim
9/13/2010, 12:58 PM
Wow. How did I miss this little jewel? :confused:

Another Chicken Little theory bites the dust...

Soonerntxs
9/13/2010, 02:04 PM
Impressive score prediction.....

Thank you, and for my next trick.......stand by, I'm still recovering from being right on about this prediction! LMAO

C&CDean
9/13/2010, 02:56 PM
And PT Barnum gets proved right once again...

btk108
9/13/2010, 03:03 PM
So with knuckleballs and pitches high and outside… I call it:

FSU 38
OU 16

There you have it, the Seminoles are due to drive Semi-holes right on through I-35 Soonerville.

Ouch, that's gotta hurt.:D

sooner_born_1960
9/13/2010, 03:11 PM
Who did PT pick in this one?

C&CDean
9/13/2010, 03:32 PM
The sucka.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/15/2010, 11:07 AM
Im ready for the follow up thread sir Richard