PDA

View Full Version : German engineering thread

Leroy Lizard
9/9/2010, 05:41 PM
I used the search tool but I cannot find the thread that had a link to a vid showing a German frontloader walking up a vertical incline. Anyone know how to find the vid?

SicEmBaylor
9/9/2010, 06:15 PM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/3/15/633727406268553110-Germans.jpg

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2010, 07:26 PM
RobaJKGMMiE

Not sure about the trackhoes, but Liebherr maked the best hydraulic cranes in the world. There is a 500 ton in Dallas with 500' of stick on it. Thing is humongous.

Leroy Lizard
9/9/2010, 07:29 PM
Danke

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2010, 07:39 PM
Dankepozhalujsta

C&CDean
9/9/2010, 08:03 PM
The Germans make some good stuff. Their beers are OK. Their cars ain't worth owning.

sooneron
9/9/2010, 08:40 PM
Talk about needing to give it a rest...

C&CDean
9/9/2010, 08:43 PM
Except that my opinion is based on 40+ years of fact. Yours? Based on whatever some street corner hawker in NYC says is the latest groove...

Wait, my bad, not NYC, New Joisy.. What. Ever.

sooneron
9/9/2010, 08:46 PM
Mine was based upon owning a couple of 'em. Hey, I'm not the one that's obsessed just sayin'.... :D

C&CDean
9/9/2010, 08:50 PM
Obsessed? Only with momma. German cars are the biggest POS ever invented. When they run, they're buttah... All the other 97% of the time? God I wish I bought a mother****in' Ford. Or Chevy. Or do I actually say it? Dodge? German rides are the bane of driving. They serve one purpose. To let no-account girly men think they're gonna score. Wrong. On both counts.

SicEmBaylor
9/9/2010, 09:02 PM
To let no-account girly men think they're gonna score. Wrong. On both counts.

You rang?

Leroy Lizard
9/9/2010, 09:04 PM
Obsessed? Only with momma. German cars are the biggest POS ever invented. When they run, they're buttah... All the other 97% of the time? God I wish I bought a mother****in' Ford. Or Chevy. Or do I actually say it? Dodge? German rides are the bane of driving. They serve one purpose. To let no-account girly men think they're gonna score. Wrong. On both counts.

Couldn't get laid and blames the car. Dean, even you could get laid driving a Porsche.

SicEmBaylor
9/9/2010, 09:06 PM
Dean doesn't strike me as the type who has ever had a problem getting laid.

C&CDean
9/9/2010, 09:24 PM
Couldn't get laid and blames the car. Dean, even you could get laid driving a Porsche.

Dude, 5 minutes with me and you and your wife are going "do me...please?" Wait, you ain't got a wife. Anyhow, I've driven enough Porsches to float a ****ing boat. P. O. S. No other way to describe them. Fast. Beautiful. Awesome. P's of ****. Meh. Give me a Turdcell or anything.

Leroy Lizard
9/9/2010, 09:26 PM
Dude, 5 minutes with me and you and your wife are going "do me...please?"

Five minutes. I can see why your wife calls you Speedy Dean.

C&CDean
9/9/2010, 09:34 PM
She does? You sure you ain't talking about your wife? Actually, she calls me "Deep Dean." Anyhow, whatever your wife calls me, German cars are magnificent POS.

Leroy Lizard
9/9/2010, 09:37 PM
Your post lacks subtlety.

C&CDean
9/9/2010, 09:40 PM
And yours lacks substance. Carry on.

btk108
9/9/2010, 10:07 PM
You rang?

Do the German's make scooters?

SicEmBaylor
9/9/2010, 10:09 PM
Do the German's make scooters?

If they do, I'll buy one.

proud gonzo
9/9/2010, 10:32 PM
heh

Sooner_Havok
9/9/2010, 11:11 PM
Do the Germans make a 4x4 pickup truck with a 4 foot lift kit?

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2010, 11:20 PM
Do the Germans make a 4x4 pickup truck with a 4 foot lift kit?Daimler's 6x6

http://www.dodge-club.net/graphics/gallery/full/241_dodge-ram_t-rex_concept_1997.jpg

Sooner_Havok
9/9/2010, 11:21 PM
Daimler's 6x6

http://www.dodge-club.net/graphics/gallery/full/241_dodge-ram_t-rex_concept_1997.jpg

That's a Dodge, their Italian now. Like those pants RLIMC keeps bringing up in his threads.

sooneron
9/10/2010, 08:39 AM

http://i.acdn.us/image/A6916/69160/470_69160.jpg

Never had an issue with 8 years of ownership. Oh yeah, one- it was a motor issue with the pass mirror. Replaced, no labor no costs.

Now if you want to get into my first car - 74 Ghia, the starter...
But that's prolly when you were working on Kraut burners, 74? And 40+ years? How old are you?

TUSooner
9/10/2010, 12:41 PM
The Germans make some good stuff. Their beers are OVERRATED. Their cars ain't worth FIXING.
Corrected. (I own a 99 Audi :O )

C&CDean
9/10/2010, 03:00 PM
http://i.acdn.us/image/A6916/69160/470_69160.jpg

Never had an issue with 8 years of ownership. Oh yeah, one- it was a motor issue with the pass mirror. Replaced, no labor no costs.

Now if you want to get into my first car - 74 Ghia, the starter...
But that's prolly when you were working on Kraut burners, 74? And 40+ years? How old are you?

53. Started working on them when I was 14. My bad. 39+ years.:rolleyes:

Of course I haven't worked on one in several years now. Don't need to. I just read reviews on them from owners and mechanics. They still blow. Like I said, when you drive them, and they're running right, allsome. However, they break, and they break often. If you had one for 8 years with only one problem (ain't buying it but whatev) then you either leave it parked in the garage 300 days a year, or you got the one out of 10K that's decent.

Now, quit whining about it cause you buy the stupid ****ing cars. It's not my opinion that they suck, it's common knowledge. Research it, but don't check the bimmer boys board. Check out something objective.

SicEmBaylor
9/10/2010, 03:02 PM
I've always heard Audi's are pretty bad. I have a friend who has one and hers is always in the shop.

yermom
9/13/2010, 04:27 AM
i worked with a contractor that had an A8 that literally never left the shop. Audi's are nicer VWs, which isn't really a glowing endorsement as far as going to the shop. great to drive when they work though

Ford and Dodge Dean? really? talk about your POS cars...

EnragedOUfan
9/13/2010, 05:26 AM
The Germans make some good stuff. Their beers are OK. Their cars ain't worth owning.

I have to disagree. American Beer is good, but compared to German beer it really sucks....Sorry. Erdinger, Lownbrau, HB, Paulaner Munchen totally destroy Bud Light, Budweiser, Coors, Miller......Don't get me wrong, American beer is good, but the Germans have been brewing beer since 1050, probably even longer. I went to a monoastery called "Kloster Weltenburg"......Its monastery for German monks thats apparently been there for over a thousand years. They claim to have been brewing beer since 1050. Tastes excellent. That crap Warfsteiner and Bit Burger that they sell in American liqour stores is garbage and is not true, authentic German beer. Its garbage. To truly taste German beer, you have to come to Germany. If you've been here, well cool. This is obviously all opinionated.

You're right but wrong about German cars. Mercedes are build to last. Yes they're expensive and have expensive parts, but those cars are a life long investment.

BMW is OK, but I agree with you. Working on those things is a pain in the ace. Replacing something simple as the starter is not possible in your driveway if the emergency calls....Heck, replacing anything on a BMW can be a pain in the ace. Plus, BMW parts are ridiculous in price. Don't waste your money on a BMW. I used to own a 316i with German specs.

Volkswagen I like. I wouldn't waste my money on a brand new wagen, but these old 1980-1995 model VW's are definately worth owning if you're into owning Beaters.....

Audi's look sharp. I have no experience with them.

I actually like Opel, which is something you won't find in the states to my knowledge. The Italian Fiat is something different....

BOOMER!

pilobolus
9/13/2010, 10:41 AM
Speaking of Germans, I didn't know they actually invaded us at one point.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1310640/The-New-York-Nazis-U-boats-landed-saboteurs-U-S-coast.html?ITO=socialnet-twitter-mailonline

Also, I already knew we had German POWs at Camp Gruber, but someone told me this weekend the high school football field at Okemah was also a POW camp.

sooneron
9/14/2010, 10:54 AM
53. Started working on them when I was 14. My bad. 39+ years.:rolleyes:

Of course I haven't worked on one in several years now. Don't need to. I just read reviews on them from owners and mechanics. They still blow. Like I said, when you drive them, and they're running right, allsome. However, they break, and they break often. If you had one for 8 years with only one problem (ain't buying it but whatev) then you either leave it parked in the garage 300 days a year, or you got the one out of 10K that's decent.

Now, quit whining about it cause you buy the stupid ****ing cars. It's not my opinion that they suck, it's common knowledge. Research it, but don't check the bimmer boys board. Check out something objective.

I said that I had two for a total of 8 years. One problem. Covered. end of story. Most people don't hang onto cars for more than 5 years which means, if you buy a BMW, it's covered. And like I said, the PITA aspect was minor as I only had one issue. Just bought a toyota and I have to take it in for oil change and the rear vu mirror which is loose. Guess what? They want to stick me with the oil change bill for a brand new $35k vehicle. That, to me, is not smart. Yes, I could change it myself, but then there's the whole getting rid of the old pan oil - which makes it more of a PITA than I care to think about.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/14/2010, 11:24 AM
German beer is amazing.

Domestic breweries are catching up quickly, though. There's some quality stuff out there made right here in the good ol' US of A.