PDA

View Full Version : G Tavaris Jeffries arrested

Sooner02
9/9/2010, 05:39 PM
http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2010/09/09/g-tavaris-jeffries-arrested-for-misdemeanor-dosmetic-abuse/

Oklahoma senior guard Tavaris Jeffries was arrested last weekend on a complaint of domestic abuse.
A Norman police report shows he was booked on Sept. 3 at 8:15 p.m..
Jeffries was formally charged today by the state with a misdemeanor count of assault and battery domestic abuse.
Jeffries, who started three games last year, has yet to appear on the two-deep this season after being overtaken by freshmen Gabe Ikard and Bronson Irwin on the depth chart during the spring.

Leroy Lizard
9/9/2010, 05:42 PM
If true, off the team he goes.

gaylordfan1
9/9/2010, 05:43 PM
Hmmmm, didn't hear that. I'm surprised it took close to a week for it to show up on the boards. Did he even step on the field last week? I'm guessing not after this.

oudavid1
9/9/2010, 05:43 PM
facepalm

SunnySooner
9/9/2010, 05:51 PM
ugh, loser. If true, that is. 300 pound Olineman beating up someone who is almost certainly a lot smaller. Not cool. Buh-bye.

Leroy Lizard
9/9/2010, 06:41 PM
THey can make you mad, but you gotta control the temper.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/9/2010, 06:43 PM
He cant block **** and now he does that.. A waste of time and scholarship.. Get him the **** out

The Consumate Showman
9/9/2010, 06:45 PM
One more scholly for the kitty...

soonerloyal
9/9/2010, 06:52 PM
If he's guilty, nothing a lost scholly and a well-placed 2x4 with an embedded nail won't fix. :mad:

jumperstop
9/9/2010, 07:04 PM
They WILL make you mad, but you gotta control the temper.

Fix

Mississippi Sooner
9/9/2010, 07:04 PM
In the words of Curly Bill, "well...bye."

85sooners
9/9/2010, 07:13 PM
:mad:

Leroy Lizard
9/9/2010, 07:16 PM
He cant block **** and now he does that.. A waste of time and scholarship.. Get him the **** out

I can forgive the domestic abuse, but not blocking...

swardboy
9/9/2010, 07:27 PM
:eek:

Mississippi Sooner
9/9/2010, 07:35 PM
I will just say one little thing and get out on this subject. For personal reasons that I won't drag onto the message board, I have an absolute zero tolerance policy when it comes to domestic abuse. If the charges are true I hope he gets the help he needs, but he has forfeited his right to be a Sooner. It's pretty much the same reason I didn't mourn Chaisson leaving the team.

And that's all I got to say about that.

Boomer.....
9/9/2010, 07:37 PM
Kick him off!

sooneron
9/9/2010, 08:20 PM
If it is true...
[Al Eschback] SSsseeYuuuhhhhhh![Al Eschback]

HBick
9/9/2010, 08:36 PM
Is this the LSU transfer who Lester had to kick off the team?

VA Sooner
9/9/2010, 08:41 PM
I thought that was Jarvis Jones?

Leroy Lizard
9/9/2010, 08:59 PM
Speaking of abuse, whatever happened to the investigation of Rashad Bobino?

tulsaoilerfan
9/9/2010, 09:12 PM
I thought that was Jarvis Jones?

Yes Jones is from LSU

StoopTroup
9/9/2010, 09:17 PM
http://starcasm.net/archives/59955

btk108
9/9/2010, 10:09 PM
Oh man, he's P O'd Sunny. He'd better stay away from Florida if he knows what's good for him. She skeers me.;)

goingoneight
9/9/2010, 10:16 PM
This guy has been a thorn in Stoops's side the whole time he's been here. Always in the doghouse football-wise, and if this is true... apparently an idiot off-the field also.

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2010, 10:22 PM
They don't have much info in that story. The exact same charges would be filed if he got in a fight with a male roommate, so I'm not gonna get on my normal kick about keeping your hands off women until I know what happened. This happened to a friend of mine and he's now in the same classes as the wife and child abusers even though he just hit some guy bigger than him twice.

That said, if it's a woman kick his *** to the curb.

SunnySooner
9/9/2010, 10:58 PM
Oh man, he's P O'd Sunny. He'd better stay away from Florida if he knows what's good for him. She skeers me.;)

Who me? I'm sweetness and sunshine!! With a closet full of shotguns. :P ;) :D

And Cru, I know, it coulda been a guy, though still likely smaller, maybe we'll know more later. It's just usually a girl.:mad:

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2010, 11:18 PM
In which case, **** that guy. I just know that when the cops show up for a fight at home between guys, the one that says "yeah, I hit him" is the one charged. In a regular fight with no witnesses it comes down to who admits it or who has the mark.

I really don't give a crap though, it's not like we'll miss the dummy if he gets kicked off the team.

Sooner02
9/9/2010, 11:26 PM
I think it's important to keep in mind that he was charged with a misdemeanor, and many times that doesn't get a player kicked off a team (see Madu). But I also think the nature of the charge is taken into account as well, and if he beat up a girl that is something that should be cause to kick him off or suspend. It's still not clear exactly what was the probable cause from what I've heard.

Having said that, I'm a big proponent of letting justice take its course and he is innocent until proven guilty or pleads to it.

ccmike9
9/9/2010, 11:31 PM
Damn. Bye

Leroy Lizard
9/10/2010, 12:16 AM
They don't have much info in that story. The exact same charges would be filed if he got in a fight with a male roommate, so I'm not gonna get on my normal kick about keeping your hands off women until I know what happened. This happened to a friend of mine and he's now in the same classes as the wife and child abusers even though he just hit some guy bigger than him twice.

That has to be the most embarrassing crime one can commit. What do you say in jail?

"Yeah, I'm in here for domestic abuse."

"Well, what did she do to make you so mad?"

"Actually, it was a guy."

I would ask the cops to arrest me for something cooler, like assault with a deadly weapon. Or hit the cop to at least score some points with your cellmates.

goingoneight
9/10/2010, 12:34 AM
That has to be the most embarrassing crime one can commit. What do you say in jail?

"Yeah, I'm in here for domestic abuse."

"Well, what did she do to make you so mad?"

"Actually, it was a guy."

I would ask the cops to arrest me for something cooler, like assault with a deadly weapon. Or hit the cop to at least score some points with your cellmates.

So THAT'S what Victor Johnson was doing!!!

OK2U
9/10/2010, 12:19 PM
Tavaris Jeffries suspended for doing what he does best: holding and illegal hands to the face

Seamus
9/10/2010, 12:28 PM
Tavaris Jeffries suspended for doing what he does best: holding and illegal hands to the face

Winnar! :D