PDA

View Full Version : What did the coaches hold back?

gaylordfan1
9/8/2010, 08:17 PM
What on offense will we do different from years past? What could we have been working on that we haven't already ran last year? Isn't last years film available to opponents? This is a serious question. I don't see our offense adding too many new wrinkles. Maybe some different formations, but maybe the same formations but with our new personnel? I'm just trying to logically analyze what could be different. It's a no brainer we will utilize Murray out of the backfield more. I just don't ever remember us bringing out something crazy for a big game. The pistol? The wildcat? Please help me out with this gentlemen.

I know the defense will be a lot more complex. Adding different blitzing packages with different alignments. I can see our defense being more confusing than the offense.

StoopTroup
9/8/2010, 08:18 PM
The playbook.

gaylordfan1
9/8/2010, 08:29 PM
sorry for the bump.... But thats my question. What do you guys think we can expect different with our new personnel?

Tiptonsooner
9/8/2010, 08:47 PM
Re: What did the coaches hold back?

It damn sure wasn't USU's offense.......

StoopTroup
9/8/2010, 08:58 PM
I'd say if we win there will still be a lot of bitching and if we lose...I'm going to post some but it won't probably be anything nice.

Breadburner
9/8/2010, 09:01 PM
I think you will see the full-back more involved in the offense...i.e pass plays....

CarolinaSoonerFan
9/8/2010, 09:02 PM
It was me....didn't get to watch the game last time I didn't get to watch TCU happened! Seriously though I hope we rip FSU apart!

StoopTroup
9/8/2010, 09:04 PM
I bet you see better FG Kicking.

Okie35
9/8/2010, 09:04 PM
Re: What did the coaches hold back?

It damn sure wasn't USU's offense.......

Samford(FBS) got 300 yards on FSU their QB played well - the 1 int

StoopTroup
9/8/2010, 09:06 PM
I heard they were dumping the gatorade and powerade and going back to filtered water with Magic Beans in it.

birddog
9/8/2010, 09:07 PM
might see murray in the slot with madu in the backfield hopefully?

Soonermagik
9/8/2010, 09:21 PM
On Defense:

I think we will see some 34 defense, which they have been working on.

Blitz packages with disguises to keep Ponder guessing if they are really coming.

On Offense:

Murray in the slot to get him in space.

Brennan Clay sneaking out of the backfield.

More fullback play i.e. line up in the I formation and pound on them. FB catching passes.

Tight End's in pass blocking schemes and receiving too.

Stills/Broyles on reverse plays, slants & bubble screens.

I think the offense will be full throttle and very hard to stop. No more vanilla schemes. It will keep FSU guessing at what is coming next.

SoonerBacker
9/8/2010, 09:25 PM
We won't see anything different. Stoops has obviously lost his ability to coach. All of the assistants are worthless. Our O-line is worthless. Our QB is only average, at best. Our D-backs are inept.........

WE ARE DOOMED!

Al Gore
9/8/2010, 09:27 PM
I think you will see the full-back more involved in the offense...i.e pass plays....
This and Haywood involved. Clay and Murray in the backfield with one in motion.

The Ghost of Mex
9/8/2010, 09:28 PM
Landry switches back to throwing with his right hand.

prrriiide
9/8/2010, 10:49 PM
On Defense:

I think we will see some 34 defense, which they have been working on.

Blitz packages with disguises to keep Ponder guessing if they are really coming.

On Offense:

Murray in the slot to get him in space.

Brennan Clay sneaking out of the backfield.

More fullback play i.e. line up in the I formation and pound on them. FB catching passes.

Tight End's in pass blocking schemes and receiving too.

Stills/Broyles on reverse plays, slants & bubble screens.

I think the offense will be full throttle and very hard to stop. No more vanilla schemes. It will keep FSU guessing at what is coming next.

I think (hope) we also see some TE passes. With DM coming out of the backfield, a LB will have to slide down to cover, leaving a nice gap in their zone coverage good for 6-12 yds. a pop.

Also...the 300 yds O that Samford put up seems to have mostly come vs. FSUs 2s and 3s. Looking at the play-by-play all of Samford's decent drives were after FSU was out to a big lead, and few of the tackles were being made by starters.

Of course, you all know what the coaches were holding back last week...Drew Allen, Mosis Madu, Trey Millard, DeMarco Murray...it can only mean one thing:

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1849351/2/istockphoto_1849351_wishbone.jpg

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/982I6vVB/998652.jpg

btk108
9/8/2010, 10:52 PM
Horsepigs will take over the kicking duties.......

Soonerus
9/8/2010, 10:59 PM
Good lord, do not fall for this...it is an FSU plant trying to learn our playbook for this Saturday !!!!

Harry Beanbag
9/9/2010, 12:43 AM
I think Murray gets 40 carries.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/9/2010, 12:50 AM
Good lord, do not fall for this...it is an FSU plant trying to learn our playbook for this Saturday !!!!I agree. Genius thread!

oudavid1
9/9/2010, 02:07 AM
Landry switches back to throwing with his right hand.

http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-04-21/1240266540309.jpg

ashley
9/9/2010, 07:11 AM
The O line, receivers and corners have a long way to go.

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2010, 07:41 AM
Have you EVER said anything positive? I can actually see you gazing into the eyes of your newborn first child and saying "That kid has a long way to go in the looks department. Poor little **** is probably stupid too!"

Seriously...Think positive for a change.

swardboy
9/9/2010, 08:16 AM
Shhh....he/she's always good for a new sig line (see circa 2010 below)

sooner518
9/9/2010, 08:17 AM
i hope we see more play-action passing. and Im cool with Millard running the ball more. he seemed to catch them off-guard.

and I know Kenney is the starter, but I'd like to see more of Dejuan Miller. I know hes a bad practice player, but I think he is a weapon. does anyone know if he is ok after that dirty helmet to helmet hit he took Saturday?

ashley
9/9/2010, 09:07 AM
Have you EVER said anything positive? I can actually see you gazing into the eyes of your newborn first child and saying "That kid has a long way to go in the looks department. Poor little **** is probably stupid too!"

Seriously...Think positive for a change.

Sure I see lots of positives. QB, RB, Safties, DE's, and backers.

gaylordfan1
9/9/2010, 10:48 AM
i hope we see more play-action passing. and Im cool with Millard running the ball more. he seemed to catch them off-guard.

and I know Kenney is the starter, but I'd like to see more of Dejuan Miller. I know hes a bad practice player, but I think he is a weapon. does anyone know if he is ok after that dirty helmet to helmet hit he took Saturday?

Yea, he (Miller) was back in after that hit. He didn't get any more throws his way but made a good block on the the bubble screen to Broyles.

gaylordfan1
9/9/2010, 10:52 AM
Good lord, do not fall for this...it is an FSU plant trying to learn our playbook for this Saturday !!!!

Ha Ha.... This has been my plan all along....

http://jcwinnie.biz/wordpress/imageSnag/Dr_Evil.jpg

OUTrumpet
9/9/2010, 12:03 PM
What on offense will we do different from years past? What could we have been working on that we haven't already ran last year? Isn't last years film available to opponents? This is a serious question. I don't see our offense adding too many new wrinkles. Maybe some different formations, but maybe the same formations but with our new personnel? I'm just trying to logically analyze what could be different. It's a no brainer we will utilize Murray out of the backfield more. I just don't ever remember us bringing out something crazy for a big game. The pistol? The wildcat? Please help me out with this gentlemen.

I know the defense will be a lot more complex. Adding different blitzing packages with different alignments. I can see our defense being more confusing than the offense.

Probably quite a bit.

On offense we ran the same 8 plays out of different formations. To give you an idea, we typically have 20 plays at the high school level. We didn't want to send FSU photage of us attacking different defensive looks (what will they try to do vs a man, heavy blitz, cover 2, cover 3, rolled coverage, cover 4, etc)

On defense we didn't do a lot of blitzing - mostly just a base cover 2 zone. We didn't show how we roll our coverage, where we are gonna really bring the heat from on blitzes, who is going to be our main blitzing guys, what the rest of the defense does when we blitz, etc.

I'm pretty sure when we uploaded our photage online and sent it to FSU Coach Fisher would have had one reaction after watching our gameplay "****". Because we might as well have sent him the red/white game.

BoulderSooner79
9/9/2010, 12:07 PM
I suspect the same could be said for the FSU/Samford game (won't tell us much). I'll bet both staffs have been planning for this game for months. Should be fun.

rawlingsHOH
9/9/2010, 12:13 PM
On defense we didn't do a lot of blitzing - mostly just a base cover 2 zone.
No, mostly man.

goingoneight
9/9/2010, 12:28 PM
The corners lining up 15 yards off the ball last weekend concerned me. I'd bet at least 100 yards were given up by quick hitches and missed tackles. It means one of two things, the coaches don't feel they're far enough along to handle press coverage or it was strictly due to scheme (AKA knowing before the game that there will be good receivers). Unfortunately, the only two corners I've seen under BV that handled tighter coverage assignments were Franks and Jackson, and they rarely had to cover a guy more than four or five seconds with last year's front seven.

OU_Sooners75
9/9/2010, 02:43 PM
I think (hope) we also see some TE passes. With DM coming out of the backfield, a LB will have to slide down to cover, leaving a nice gap in their zone coverage good for 6-12 yds. a pop.

Also...the 300 yds O that Samford put up seems to have mostly come vs. FSUs 2s and 3s. Looking at the play-by-play all of Samford's decent drives were after FSU was out to a big lead, and few of the tackles were being made by starters.

Of course, you all know what the coaches were holding back last week...Drew Allen, Mosis Madu, Trey Millard, DeMarco Murray...it can only mean one thing:

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1849351/2/istockphoto_1849351_wishbone.jpg

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/982I6vVB/998652.jpg

Well, most of USU's offense came after OU was up 21-0. The point being?

No matter what squad is out there, if they have lost the fire to play for the rest of the game, they will not perform very well. I think that is the biggest thing that happened at USU. Some plays you would see the players get there. Others they took plays off. I just hope we do not see this attitude against Florida State.

We are good enough and talented enough to win it all this year. But we are also good enough and talented enough to lose 5 games this year.

Okie35
9/9/2010, 02:51 PM
Well, most of USU's offense came after OU was up 21-0. The point being?

No matter what squad is out there, if they have lost the fire to play for the rest of the game, they will not perform very well. I think that is the biggest thing that happened at USU. Some plays you would see the players get there. Others they took plays off. I just hope we do not see this attitude against Florida State.

We are good enough and talented enough to win it all this year. But we are also good enough and talented enough to lose 5 games this year.

Those penalties by Wort started it lol

ouduckhunter
9/9/2010, 03:29 PM
Horsepigs will take over the kicking duties.......

LOL!! :D

KantoSooner
9/10/2010, 10:13 AM
I have it on good authority that Nimmo will replace Jones tomorrow.

Don't tell FSU.

icmwhOU72
9/10/2010, 10:49 AM
i think ou will run the wildcat with a lot of different personnel. murray as the deep back with clay/stills/broyles in motion and one with millard as the deep back with clay/stills/broyles/murray in motion. hopefully more i formation.

Soonerntxs
9/10/2010, 11:00 AM
I have it on good authority that Nimmo will replace Jones tomorrow.

Don't tell FSU.

I happen to know that a friend of a neighbor next to my great aunt's old house told a lady a church that same news!:D

PalmBeachSooner
9/10/2010, 01:26 PM
I really think we will see the most difference on the defensive side of the ball. Not sure what but disguising coverages, zone blitzes, etc.

I remember KW once said that they really had just a few plays that they run out of different formation and with different personnel. They rely heavily on execution and better talent.

Scott D
9/10/2010, 01:33 PM
we held back second level blocking, receivers catching passes, and quarterback accuracy.