PDA

View Full Version : So FSUs main focus is Demarco?

Okie35
9/8/2010, 07:08 PM
Really?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_fsu/2010/09/florida-state-vs-oklahoma-can-the-seminoles-slow-down-demarco-murray.html

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/seminoles/os-florida-state-ou-demarco-murray-20100907,0,7736486.story

My friends an FSU fan and he said their corners aren't too good...

BoulderSooner79
9/8/2010, 07:28 PM
Understandable that outsiders would believe that DM is the key since he was hyped all summer. I hope FSU spends all week worrying about DM and forgets about Broyles.

OK2U
9/8/2010, 07:34 PM
I read this morning in some Florida papers/Seminoles blogs that FSU plans to be real physical w/ Broyles, press at the line of scrimmage and "puch him in the mouth" early to take him out of the game.

oudavid1
9/8/2010, 07:39 PM
I hope FSU spends all week worrying about DM and forgets about Broyles.

Who?

85sooners
9/8/2010, 07:47 PM
:gary:

StoopTroup
9/8/2010, 07:48 PM
Really?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_fsu/2010/09/florida-state-vs-oklahoma-can-the-seminoles-slow-down-demarco-murray.html

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/seminoles/os-florida-state-ou-demarco-murray-20100907,0,7736486.story

My friends an FSU fan and he said their corners aren't too good...

From earlier accounts it sounds like Georgia snapped up all the good corners in the United States after they axed Willie Martinez. :rolleyes:

gaylordfan1
9/8/2010, 07:48 PM
Well, isn't it obvious to focus on a teams strengths? The line has something to prove this week. Murray can't have a spill of 1-2 yrd carries. I do think they plan on stuffing the run and making Jones beat them with the pass. Obviously stated again. I'm not too worried about Broyles. He was targeted all last year and did just fine. Now, this week is a perfect example of what the coaches have been stressing all spring/summer/fall. We need another WR to step up! Will it be Stills? I personally hope to see more Miller. I think he gets on the field more this week and needs to establish himself as soon as possible!

StoopTroup
9/8/2010, 07:50 PM
I heard Bob is focusing on outscoring FSU.

The Ghost of Mex
9/8/2010, 07:57 PM
I heard Bob is focusing on outscoring FSU.

^^^That report has been debunked...:D

Soonermagik
9/8/2010, 08:05 PM
Don't you think every team wants to stop Broyles and Murray? Just because you want to doesn't mean you can.

StoopTroup
9/8/2010, 08:11 PM
DeMarco!

DePolo!

Bowden in retirement but still giving advice....

http://www.infocusdialogue.com/static/files/lb.jpg

okiedokie
9/8/2010, 08:11 PM
I heard we may hold back the playcalling for our next game...not confirmed :)

goingoneight
9/8/2010, 08:27 PM
DeJuan Miller, Cam Kenney, Jaz Reynolds, Kenny Stills, Joe Powell, Trent Ratterree, Austin Haywood, Trey Millard... you listening to this?

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/8/2010, 08:34 PM
DeJuan Miller, Cam Kenney, Jaz Reynolds, Kenny Stills, Joe Powell, Trent Ratterree, Austin Haywood, Trey Millard... you listening to this?

Yup. Try to stuff DM. Dbl team Broyles.

Everyone else will be 1 on 1 or better if the line can hold up and LJ stays cool and focused.

gaylordfan1
9/8/2010, 08:38 PM
Hmmm, do you think that was part of what Stoops "held back" on sat? Not playing Powell, Franks or Colvin? Not utilizing Clay at RB or in the slot more (or not throwing to him)? I'm kinda wondering whats up with R. Lewis. With ALexander back and playing a pass happy offense, how and when will be be on the field? He played pretty descent at DE but I don't think this is his natural position. I think he will be much more comfortable and productive at LB. I'm thinking we have Jefferson on the field at SLB a lot this game just because of Ponder.

gaylordfan1
9/8/2010, 08:40 PM
BTW, I want Ronnell on the field every play if possible!

Okie35
9/8/2010, 08:47 PM
Don't you think every team wants to stop Broyles and Murray? Just because you want to doesn't mean you can.

I agree and Broyles will have a good game regardless of what FSU throws at him.

Captain Cob Mob
9/8/2010, 08:48 PM
DeMarco!

DePolo!

Bowden in retirement but still giving advice....

http://www.infocusdialogue.com/static/files/lb.jpg

Fella is living the high life.

Okie35
9/8/2010, 09:16 PM
I read this morning in some Florida papers/Seminoles blogs that FSU plans to be real physical w/ Broyles, press at the line of scrimmage and "puch him in the mouth" early to take him out of the game.

if a Samford receiver got 11 receptions for 96 yards, Broyles is capable for 200+ yards. It probably won't happen but its possible.

soonerfromgeorgia
9/9/2010, 04:18 AM
With a 40% completion rate, Landry did a pretty good job of containing all of the receivers last week.

King Barry's Back
9/9/2010, 08:28 AM
With a 40% completion rate, Landry did a pretty good job of containing all of the receivers last week.

OUCH!

Joe
9/9/2010, 10:42 AM
Well, isn't it obvious to focus on a teams strengths? The line has something to prove this week. Murray can't have a spill of 1-2 yrd carries. I do think they plan on stuffing the run and making Jones beat them with the pass. Obviously stated again. I'm not too worried about Broyles. He was targeted all last year and did just fine. Now, this week is a perfect example of what the coaches have been stressing all spring/summer/fall. We need another WR to step up! Will it be Stills? I personally hope to see more Miller. I think he gets on the field more this week and needs to establish himself as soon as possible!

I hope Miller doesn't get "lost in the shuffle" again. I think he would be a starter if he had better practices. Maybe the coaches just want to light a fire under his *** by keeping him from the starting job?

Okie35
9/9/2010, 10:51 AM
I hope Miller doesn't get "lost in the shuffle" again. I think he would be a starter if he had better practices. Maybe the coaches just want to light a fire under his *** by keeping him from the starting job?

Probably. Miller has a lot of upside and played well last week.

Joe
9/9/2010, 10:53 AM
Hmmm, do you think that was part of what Stoops "held back" on sat? Not playing Powell, Franks or Colvin? Not utilizing Clay at RB or in the slot more (or not throwing to him)?.

That offense out there on the field was extremely vanilla (still doesn't mean we had to lack in execution for over half the game). We didn't see the flat routes to Murray. Nor did we see the hitches to our WRs.

tator
9/9/2010, 10:57 AM
I heard Broyles and Murray weren't allowed to lift weights until this week. FSU won't know what hit em.

gaylordfan1
9/9/2010, 10:57 AM
That offense out there on the field was extremely vanilla (still doesn't mean we had to lack in execution for over half the game). We didn't see the flat routes to Murray. Nor did we see the hitches to our WRs.

We actually had both of them. A couple of backs in the flat to Murray and Calhoun.... Murray's pass was uncatchable and Calhoun caught his but for no gain. Broyles caught a hitch or bubble screen.... can't remember which one it was for about a 10 yrd gain. But yes, I expect a lot more of these come sat.

Joe
9/9/2010, 11:04 AM
I didn't get to see the game but was in a chat room getting the pbp. Murray was our 2nd best receive last year so I think getting him going in the passing game is the number 1 thing we missed on offense this last week. Maybe Wilson thought the receivers were good enough that we don't need Murray catching passes as much this year? idk

gaylordfan1
9/9/2010, 11:11 AM
Oh, I think Murray will be involved heavily in the passing game this year. I think Wilson wanted to establish the running game throughout the game and throw simple passes to our WR's. I'm hoping we see Murray and Clay in the backfield and both going in motion to a 5 WR set.... how dangerous is that?

MojoRisen
9/9/2010, 11:54 AM
Watching Clay's highlights he looked like a real Wideout - running streaks.. We need to score 40+ in my humble opinion.

Okie35
9/9/2010, 01:06 PM
Watching Clay's highlights he looked like a real Wideout - running streaks.. We need to score 40+ in my humble opinion.

I'd say over 30...

Tear Down This Wall
9/9/2010, 04:27 PM
We need another WR to step up!

This, this, and this all day long! This is what we needed last year as well.

Every team tries to stop the run first; that's no secret. If FSU can do that under first year DC Mark Stoops, someone will have to take their practice/scrimmage hero status and finally make it translate into game time catches.

If not, we've got a whole season of relying only on Murray and Broyles. And, folks, we can't get by handing the ball to Murray 35 times a game. He'll be done by mid-season if we do. And, teams will double Broyles.

I'm sorry, but it's time for the the receiving corp to step up. We are wasting a great talent in Landry Jones if he's got only one reliable receiver to go to all season.

Anyone want to talk tight ends as well? A threat has got to emerge there. We missed a reliable tight end in 2009. But, with half of our recruited/scholarship tight ends now playing in the offensive line....

Soonermagik
9/9/2010, 04:31 PM
This, this, and this all day long! This is what we needed last year as well.

Every team tries to stop the run first; that's no secret. If FSU can do that under first year DC Mark Stoops, someone will have to take their practice/scrimmage hero status and finally make it translate into game time catches.

If not, we've got a whole season of relying only on Murray and Broyles. And, folks, we can't get by handing the ball to Murray 35 times a game. He'll be done by mid-season if we do. And, teams will double Broyles.

I'm sorry, but it's time for the the receiving corp to step up. We are wasting a great talent in Landry Jones if he's got only one reliable receiver to go to all season.

Anyone want to talk tight ends as well? A threat has got to emerge there. We missed a reliable tight end in 2009. But, with half of our recruited/scholarship tight ends now playing in the offensive line....

A tight end is one thing, but we need a true vertical threat besides Broyles. I'm really hoping Stills can live up to the hype and keep safeties playing the deep ball.

Once the secondary has to respect the deep ball it will allow for easier running. To have a multi-dimensional offense will really require developing another solid WR. I was kind of hoping Dejuan Miller would step up too.

rawlingsHOH
9/9/2010, 04:33 PM
We need another WR to step up!
Why do I think Dejuan Miller looks like a player?

What am I missing here?

gaylordfan1
9/9/2010, 05:34 PM
Why do I think Dejuan Miller looks like a player?

What am I missing here?

What, in street cloths? Or in his uni on the sidelines? I'm joking of coarse. But his physical presence and how he looks on paper doesn't translate to how he plays on the field. He has size and speed, but didn't really use either of those while on the field last year. He had one great pass reception last year.... the one where he beat the K-States DB and took it to the house. Other than that, if he caught it he fell down. I honestly think he will come along this year too. I'm not so sure he is the down field threat we have been hoping he would be. At least he hasn't been up til this point. Can he be? Sure. He has the height to go over most DB's and fight for the ball... esp. in the red zone. Put simply, he must produce on the field!

The TE position is crucial. Rat and Hana didn't do much last sat. I think Rat only had 1 pass thrown his way. I think they have something in the works with Haywood. But we can't put all of our hopes on the shoulders of a true frosh. He hasn't even stepped on the field yet, so only the coaches know how talented he is. They say he has great hands so I hope he gets some PT this sat. Stoops did say he will get his chance this sat. I'm hearing he was out last week with a muscle pull, still not sure which muscle it was.

badger
9/9/2010, 05:42 PM
[SECTebowlovers]The Big 12 quarterbacks are system quarterbacks in pass-happy offenses/[/Big12haters]

I read that the Big 12 actually had the top three rushers in the country last week, Demarky Mark included of course! :D

So yes, I would expect them to try to stop Demarco "Nickname TBD" Murray, and actually hope that they try, because we'll still get tons of yardage running once Landry calms the eff down and gets 5 TDs to Kenney Steeeeeeelz and Broyles.

KantoSooner
9/10/2010, 08:54 AM
DeMarco is The Fireman. You call him when you have an emergency. I think his 'big' games are still to come and am looking for one tomorrow.

swardboy
9/10/2010, 09:06 AM
How 'bout DeMarco "Wayne Newton" Murray? He's from Vegas, right?

Mississippi Sooner
9/10/2010, 09:15 AM
Wayne Newton :P

That's funny.