PDA

View Full Version : I was defeated today!

setem
9/8/2010, 03:06 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs424.snc4/46686_518874960405_214400224_31085901_2395114_n.jp g

5.5 lbs of burrito at Free Birds in Norman. Had I not got with re-fried beans I think I could have won the challenge. It has to be consumed in 15 mins. I got 4lbs in and hit the wall with 5 mins left. I think this is a good sign that I need to go back on a Fat Jihad.

We will meet again...when I am prepared:pop:

Mississippi Sooner
9/8/2010, 03:15 PM
Yep, the beans were probably the killer. They have a tendency to keep expanding inside the stomach.

setem
9/8/2010, 03:22 PM
I was not thinking I guess. You can pick from black, pinto or re-fried and I just picked re-fried. I will beat this bastard some day but not anytime soon.

C&CDean
9/8/2010, 03:23 PM
Why would anyone go to Freebirds when Chipotle is right across the street?

OULenexaman
9/8/2010, 03:37 PM
beans in a burrito is like beans in chili.....they don't belong there.

soonerboomer93
9/8/2010, 03:41 PM
Freebirds > Chipotle

setem
9/8/2010, 03:50 PM

You have to pick a bean and a certain amount of ingredients and it has to weigh 5lbs.

C&CDean
9/8/2010, 03:53 PM
Freebirds > Chipotle

I really ain't big on either one. However, I have eaten at both. If I recall, Chipotle has more choices on the meat, and Freebirds is a little bigger. I really couldn't find very much other difference between the two.

StoopTroup
9/8/2010, 03:54 PM
Are beans fruit?

StoopTroup
9/8/2010, 03:55 PM
If it had come with hooters...I bet you coulda ate it. :D

Boomer.....
9/8/2010, 03:58 PM
Freebirds > Chipotle

I think Moe's (R.I.P.) and Qdoba are better.

Collier11
9/8/2010, 03:59 PM
Qdoba is nasty, Freebirds is not bad at all, Moes was solid, never eaten at Chipotle

setem
9/8/2010, 04:06 PM
Are beans fruit?

Indeed they are! I believe they are musical, I am not mistaken:texan:

Tulsa_Fireman
9/8/2010, 04:15 PM
Qdoba is nasty, Freebirds is not bad at all, Moes was solid, never eaten at Chipotle

You smoke crack.

Qdoba is the shizzle.

soonerboomer93
9/8/2010, 04:16 PM

beans (depending on the type) do belong, rice is generally used as a filler and doesn't.

Collier11
9/8/2010, 04:17 PM
If I go to a burrito place or a messican food place, I want good salsa. Their stuff taste like green slime, nasty nasty

47straight
9/8/2010, 04:18 PM
I really ain't big on either one. However, I have eaten at both. If I recall, Chipotle has more choices on the meat, and Freebirds is a little bigger. I really couldn't find very much other difference between the two.

White rice only at Chipotle. Which makes it a far better Chinese restaurant than Freebirds, but pretty much makes their burritos taste like ***.

C&CDean
9/8/2010, 04:20 PM
Dude, ****ing rice does NOT go in a burrito. Yeah, I know they pimp it, but just say no.

soonerboomer93
9/8/2010, 04:21 PM

I haven't been to chipotle in a while. I did prefer qdoba to them.

What I know I can do at the freebirds here is, I skip the rice and get the guac for free, when I do that, they generally load up the meat pretty well. They have a roasted onion/pepper mix that you can get on them. I'd prefer a hotter sauce, but oh well.

Also, their pot brownies are the ****in bomb.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/8/2010, 04:21 PM
If I go to a burrito place or a messican food place, I want good salsa. Their stuff taste like green slime, nasty nasty

Don't confuse tomatillo salsa with regular salsa. You will not find a tomatillo that is chunky if it's done right. And the best of the best are "green slime, nasty nasty".

Besides, I think that mexican chick behind the counter is hot for me.

Collier11
9/8/2010, 04:24 PM
I heard she likes guys with tiny peters

soonerboomer93
9/8/2010, 04:27 PM
Don't confuse tomatillo salsa with regular salsa. You will not find a tomatillo that is chunky if it's done right. And the best of the best are "green slime, nasty nasty".

I hear he thinks pace makes the best salsa ever

Tulsa_Fireman
9/8/2010, 04:30 PM
http://www.jokechallenge.com/funny_pictures/midget_basketball.jpg

Tiny Peter drives the paint!

Boomer.....
9/8/2010, 04:47 PM

You have to go with the roja.

SunnySooner
9/8/2010, 04:57 PM
#427 on the list of things I miss about OK...good Mexican food. Even the dives are good. IDK, the place here is owned by authentic peeps, but they can't cook for ****. Even the salsa is nasty. Best chips and salsa in town? Chili's. Sad, sad, sad.

TUSooner
9/8/2010, 06:10 PM
#427 on the list of things I miss about OK...good Mexican food. Even the dives are good. IDK, the place here is owned by authentic peeps, but they can't cook for ****. Even the salsa is nasty. Best chips and salsa in town? Chili's. Sad, sad, sad.

I'm not a big fan of OKC eats in generally - too many places with interchangable Chili's-Coach's-Louie's-Friday's menus of burgers and wingies and not much else. But when it comes to Mex... Well, I have never had bad Mexican food in Oklahoma, and that's something I can't say about New Orleans or South Louisiana (although we have a few good places.) I could eat Mexican almost every day in OKC - and you'd almost HAVE to. :D

btk108
9/8/2010, 06:35 PM
I'm pretty sure it was the Rockies hat that killed the deal. Who would want to eat with that thing around?

Serge Ibaka
9/8/2010, 06:41 PM
Guys Guys Guys...Chipotle is way better than Freebirds and it's not even close. Freebirds has more stuff, but the quality of their ingredients is clearly inferior.

At any rate: setem, try the Big Fat Ugly, and get back to us.

SoonerStud615
9/8/2010, 06:47 PM
Chipotle>Qdoba>>Freebirds>Flying Burrito>>>>>>>Moe's

setem
9/8/2010, 06:49 PM
I am going to take a break from competitive eating. The BFU seems pretty doable but I won't know for a while. I think if the Super Monster was not so messy I could kill it no problem. It is too all over the place though.

You know what Demetri Martin says? "Eating contests are just the beginning of a ****ting contest!"

As for the Rockie's hat, I have am a collector and I am working towards all of the MLB teams and some of the throwbacks. I like that hat!

olevetonahill
9/8/2010, 06:53 PM

Sunny , Palatka aint that far from you . I know a great Messican Rest there if you want to take Hubby out when he gets home .

sooner59
9/8/2010, 11:13 PM
I have eaten at Chipotle, Freebirds, Qdoba, and Moes. My rankings are:

1. Qdoba (only based on the fact that I like quesadillas > burritos and they make good ones).
2. Tie: Chipotle has a good burrito if you get the right stuff on it.
2. Tie: Freebirds is good if you don't want white rice or you want it spicy
4. Moes (it was ok, but I wasn't a huge fan of the burritos and their quesadillas were as good.

Lately, I have been on the taco kick. Big Truck Tacos in OKC mostly. Fuzzy Tacos in Norman has me pumped, though.

yankee
9/8/2010, 11:18 PM
Fuzzy Tacos in Norman has me pumped, though.

excellent little joint. i can't wait till it opens. they have a surprisingly large selection on their menu.

yankee
9/8/2010, 11:24 PM
oh, and...

Chipotle > Freebirds

soonerboomer93
9/8/2010, 11:48 PM
dude, your user name is yankee therefore your burrito knowledge is invalid

freebirds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mcd's burrito joint

yankee
9/9/2010, 12:14 AM

i've lived in Texas for 15+ years. i know my messican food.

olevetonahill
9/9/2010, 12:40 AM
i've lived in Texas for 15+ years. i know my messican food.

But yer only 20 so you really dont know **** .:P

yankee
9/9/2010, 12:42 AM
But yer only 20 so you really dont know **** .:P

but i'm edumucated.

tommieharris91
9/9/2010, 12:55 AM
Can we bump the old burrito thread plzkthx?

Collier11
9/9/2010, 01:04 AM
NO

soonerboomer93
9/9/2010, 01:11 AM
but i'm edumucated.

yeah, unfortunately apparently too much of it is a texas edumacation

olevetonahill
9/9/2010, 01:34 AM
yeah, unfortunately apparently too much of it is a texas edumacation

:D :D :D :D :D

yermom
9/9/2010, 03:23 AM

i don't think McD's owns them anymore :P

if Freebirds had decent salsa and shredded beef, i might be willing to go there more often

i'd put Qdoba above them

i wouldn't call any of them Mexican though

TheHumanAlphabet
9/9/2010, 11:42 AM
Freebirds > Chipotle

I disagree. Have not had a good burrito at FreeBirds ever.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/9/2010, 11:52 AM
honestly, why would anybody want rice on their burrito?

rawlingsHOH
9/9/2010, 12:31 PM
Used to like Qdoba, don't anymore. Much prefer Chipotle. Haven't tried Freebirds, maybe I will this weekend.

ouleaf
9/9/2010, 01:57 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs424.snc4/46686_518874960405_214400224_31085901_2395114_n.jp g

5.5 lbs of burrito at Free Birds in Norman. Had I not got with re-fried beans I think I could have won the challenge. It has to be consumed in 15 mins. I got 4lbs in and hit the wall with 5 mins left. I think this is a good sign that I need to go back on a Fat Jihad.

We will meet again...when I am prepared:pop:

I think there was an episode of Man vs. Food that had Joey Chestnut take on a similar challenge. The guy went nuts and finished it in like 3 minutes. The host of the show, Adam Richman, i think was literally in a state of shock watching him destroy the burrito.

Not meaning to belittle your accomplishment or anything, your story just reminded me of the episode was all.

setem
9/9/2010, 02:00 PM
Oh I think if I was prepared I could kill this thing in 10 mins. There were many factors that were against me yesterday. 1. It was a spur of the moment type deal. 2. I did not crap yesterday morning so I was all backed up as it is. 3. They used refried beans instead of pinto. 4. I shoulda had a beer with it!

I am gonna give it some time and then kill this bastard!

Sooner_Havok
9/9/2010, 11:49 PM
Good luck with that.