PDA

View Full Version : Sports Bar Friday Night?

OU Engineer
9/7/2010, 07:18 PM
The OU Alum who I've sat with for 10 years has some friends from FSU coming in Friday for the game.

I know there was a thread similar to this earlier but it digressed into a meaningless conversation about hot chicks.

Besides switzer center Friday afternoon, I've been specifically asked what sports bar would be good for Friday evening, so suggestions are needed.

Also, I mentioned campus corner after the game Friday offers many opportunities. (Especially if we follow through on the W.)

meoveryouxinfinity
9/7/2010, 07:27 PM
The OU Alum who I've sat with for 10 years has some friends from FSU coming in Friday for the game.

I know there was a thread similar to this earlier but it digressed into a meaningless conversation about hot chicks.

Besides switzer center Friday afternoon, I've been specifically asked what sports bar would be good for Friday evening, so suggestions are needed.

Also, I mentioned campus corner after the game Friday offers many opportunities. (Especially if we follow through on the W.)

BWW if you want to travel to Moore is great for watching games after "the game"... but it will be PACKED (less so than places in Norman though, and better for watching the late games)

We usually go to La Luna on campus corner before the game.. it's usually not that crowded. overpriced though, but i hate mexican food..

O'Connells is good before or after the game ..IF you can get in..

Tigeman
9/7/2010, 08:24 PM
The vista isn't bad if your not looking for a big crowd for Fri. night before the game. Plus they'll put on w/e OU game you want (they got almost all of them recorded).... I would say a replay of the 00' championship game would be in order :P

Their chicken Alfredo pizza is AWESOME!!!!

Lott's Bandana
9/7/2010, 09:01 PM
The vista isn't bad if your not looking for a big crowd for Fri. night before the game. Plus they'll put on w/e OU game you want (they got almost all of them recorded).... I would say a replay of the 00' championship game would be in order :P

Their chicken Alfredo pizza is AWESOME!!!!

Vista has been closed for a year. Building is teetering.

Hands down, the new spot in Nompton for herds of fresh distaffs is In the Raw in the old Harold's outlet building/bookstore. They swim in and out of there in schools...something about sushi and the hip decor has made them bite.

There are TVs there if you aren't interested in the lingerie model parade.

:P

Collier11
9/7/2010, 09:19 PM
There is a new place on main street called Mr. Sports Bar, supposed to be a cool place although I have not personally gone yet.

olevetonahill
9/7/2010, 09:23 PM
I would help you , but you think talking about :hot: chicks
is meaningless :eek:

Lott's Bandana
9/7/2010, 10:18 PM
There is a new place on main street called Mr. Sports Bar, supposed to be a cool place although I have not personally gone yet.

Older crowd, service rickety...is that how you spell rickety?

btk108
9/7/2010, 10:19 PM

Because you have to be cool to get in?

Collier11
9/7/2010, 10:23 PM
thats why your azz isnt goin

btk108
9/7/2010, 10:23 PM
hey...he said "older"....I'm in

Collier11
9/7/2010, 10:26 PM
you workin the kitchen?

btk108
9/7/2010, 10:27 PM
oh....here we go....yer gonna get Juan upset

Collier11
9/7/2010, 10:31 PM
LOL...couldnt resist

CrimsonandCreamForever
9/7/2010, 10:33 PM
Umm, another digression is happening...

Back to the hot chicks! In the Raw, you say?

HBick
9/7/2010, 10:33 PM
After the game (especially if it's a W) there will be people hanging around tailgating since it's a 2:30 game, also Louie's Too has lots of TVs if you don't mind smoke, or NY Pizza is pretty fun after games, but it's usually packed.

As for Friday night, that's a bit more difficult since most of the places on campus corner will be packed with students, and since I'm one, I can't really suggest a place on a Friday night for older alum.

OU Engineer, does this you won't be at my house before the game?

Collier11
9/7/2010, 10:36 PM
On Friday night you might also go for Louies West Side, its away from campus therefore away from all the college kids, they have plenty of hot waitresses and TVs

btk108
9/7/2010, 10:37 PM
that's where C11 works as a waitress....he'd get better tips if he'd shave his legs.

OU Engineer
9/7/2010, 10:41 PM
Hbick I WILL be at your place before the game, but bringing only enough 4 lokos for myself.

I suggest we hit up the SF.com tailgate prior as well.

Thanks for the input all, I know my usual spots for Friday and Saturday but its nice hearing some other options as well that I might not normally visit.

Crucifax Autumn
9/7/2010, 10:44 PM
On Friday night you might also go for Louies West Side, its away from campus therefore away from all the college kids, they have plenty of hot waitresses and TVs

This place has transvestites? Figures you'd know.

btk108
9/7/2010, 10:49 PM
Cru? You told me it was your favorite hang out when you were in Nompton.

Collier11
9/7/2010, 11:27 PM
that would be Sugers

GKeeper316
9/7/2010, 11:58 PM
that would be Sugers

that place still open?

oudavid1
9/8/2010, 12:33 AM
Is this a 21+ forum?

cause if so i have my fake ID. :D

no really

btk108
9/8/2010, 12:34 AM
you're not supposed to say it's fake......

oudavid1
9/8/2010, 12:41 AM
you're not supposed to say it's fake......

my friends "Why do you have a fake if you dont drink (break the law)"

me "Because your not gonna talk to all these wimmens yourself"

my friends "that one over there is stumbling drunk, dibs!"

me "That one looks smart and might have a personality, ok now i need my fake to by a beer"

GKeeper316
9/8/2010, 01:39 AM

me "That one looks smart and might have a personality, ok now i need my fake to by a beer"

that's pretty subversive... carry on.

oudavid1
9/8/2010, 02:00 AM
that's pretty subversive... carry on.

lol ok maybe its been awhile since the second part, ive been in a relationship for awhile now.

First part is true.

sooner59
9/8/2010, 02:16 AM

Misleading. No girls look smart with a personality in a bar. However, if you aren't drinking and hit up one of the stumbling drunk ones....no bueno.

Rule #1 of bar hunting: Bar pickups = probably not smart / probably no personality.

Rule#2 of bar hunting: Use a fake name, have a good line, and a good reason to leave her place before morning.

Rule #3 of bar hunting: Don't pick up drunk chicks if you are sober.

Rule #4 of bar hunting: See Rule #1.

These young'ens need to learn the ropes before being called up to the big leagues. :D

oudavid1
9/8/2010, 02:20 AM
These young'ens need to learn the ropes before being called up to the big leagues. :D

i doubt ill ever make it up there, but im a great coach.

Lott's Bandana
9/8/2010, 07:50 AM
Just curious...

When did he say anything about wanting "older"?

soonerborn30
9/8/2010, 08:19 AM
If you're looking for a little calmer atmosphere and want to stay in the campus area I'd suggest Othello's. They have awesome food, good strong drinks, and Kim the bartender is super hot and friendly (this is always a plus, conversations on hot chicks being meaningless notwithstanding). They have a couple TVs, but not anything crazy. Logan's on the Corner is good too. TV's everywhere, decent pub grub, and the service is pretty good. This joint will get CROWDED after 11:15PM, though. Buffalo Wild Wings was mentioned, and it's a great sports atmosphere if you don't mind driving to Moore. But the previous poster was right, it'll be super crowded, and it won't be all Sooners, so you might have to listen to some "gooner" talk.

Collier11
9/8/2010, 03:01 PM
that place still open?

YEP, unfortunately

Misleading. No girls look smart with a personality in a bar. However, if you aren't drinking and hit up one of the stumbling drunk ones....no bueno.

Rule #1 of bar hunting: Bar pickups = probably not smart / probably no personality.

depends what you are looking for, if you are following around the 'so drunk they can barely stand' girls then yea, no bueno for a relationship but a good one night stand might be in order. I have alot of friends who met their significant other in a bar, it was just coincidence as most of my friends dont spend a ton of time in the bars, those girls are few and far between

Rule#2 of bar hunting: Use a fake name, have a good line, and a good reason to leave her place before morning.

Me and all my buddies used fake names in college when we were motivated by other things than a good girl to bring home to momma :D
Rule #3 of bar hunting: Don't pick up drunk chicks if you are sober.

Yea, not cool

Rule #4 of bar hunting: See Rule #1.

What do you know about big leagues, youve been locked up for 5 years now and you are younger than I am, lol