PDA

View Full Version : 2 things BOB said

delhalew
9/7/2010, 01:40 PM
At the press luncheon that blew my mind.
1. "The home win streak means nothing." Coach speak I suppose.
2. "You can't be too cautious, you need to play reckless." :eek:

Not saying he's wrong, just saying...wow. A normal close to vest Stoops also admitted holding back.
Sorry about lack of linkage. I'm on the road.

w0lfe
9/7/2010, 01:43 PM
Stop message boarding while driving :)

agoo758
9/7/2010, 01:43 PM
It's been 15 years... getting loaded, 15 years then his liver exploded. Now what's Bob gonna do, now that he can't drink?:pop:

oumartin
9/7/2010, 01:49 PM
wants to say the streak doesn't matter just in case it comes to an end.

delhalew
9/7/2010, 01:49 PM
Lmao

rawlingsHOH
9/7/2010, 02:29 PM

Weak.

It mean everything, considering our next game is at home. It's all that matters.

Dan Thompson
9/7/2010, 02:33 PM
Maybe Bob could ask the students to support the team when FSU comes to town like he did when TT came last time.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/7/2010, 02:35 PM
Maybe Bob could ask the students to support the team when FSU comes to town like he did when TT came last time.

i think we are planning a stache bash to support landry friday night...

Leroy Lizard
9/7/2010, 02:37 PM

Whatever.

StoopTroup
9/7/2010, 02:40 PM
At least we don't have to worry about the "Under the lights" winning streak.

Anyone know what the Win streak is for days when the wind was over 20 MPH?

soonerboy_odanorth
9/7/2010, 03:20 PM

When TT came to town, he wasn't talking to the students. He was talking to the rest of us pampered sit-on-our-hands-golf-clapping slugs.

CHIME UP!!!

sooner_born_1960
9/7/2010, 03:23 PM
soonerboy_odanorth, I appreciate what you're saying, but the guys on the field could have done something to raise the excitement level, also. It's a two-way street.

goingoneight
9/7/2010, 03:31 PM
Uh... no, it's not. There's a reason why the home field is considered an advantage. It ain't because of give and take.

Soonermagik
9/7/2010, 03:32 PM
He's acting weird lately. I get a Texas Tech type feeling about this game. Everyone is making a knee jerk reaction to their sluggish play. I think they win by double digits.

btk108
9/7/2010, 03:42 PM

you need to read your posts before putting them up....you keep leaving yourself wide open :D

jumperstop
9/7/2010, 03:45 PM
He's acting weird lately. I get a Texas Tech type feeling about this game. Everyone is making a knee jerk reaction to their sluggish play. I think they win by double digits.

This is how I'm feeling about the game. The media and everyone else is expecting an FSU win or for OU to at least have some sort of struggles. I think Stoop's team will prove them wrong this weekend. The only difference between the Tech game a few years ago and the FSU game is that a lot more of OUr fans think there is a good chance we lose. Here's to hoping that doesn't mean they'll be any less pumped up.

delhalew
9/7/2010, 08:00 PM
This is how I'm feeling about the game. The media and everyone else is expecting an FSU win or for OU to at least have some sort of struggles. I think Stoop's team will prove them wrong this weekend. The only difference between the Tech game a few years ago and the FSU game is that a lot more of OUr fans think there is a good chance we lose. Here's to hoping that doesn't mean they'll be any less pumped up.

For the record, vegas has us an 8.5 point favorite. I wish they would back off our jock a little bit.

fadada1
9/7/2010, 08:07 PM

sounds like a fun friday night at the zeta house.

Intown
9/7/2010, 08:28 PM
For the record, vegas has us an 8.5 point favorite. I wish they would back off our jock a little bit.

We're gonna cover on this one

GKeeper316
9/7/2010, 08:36 PM

you wont hear a lack of noise from the student section...

i remember my first game that i wasnt in the student section... some crusty old bitch in the south endzone had the nerve to yell at me for standing up. i told her i wasnt gonna sit and that maybe she could get off her fat *** and make some noise. didnt go over well with the rest of the fat asses sittin around us.

delhalew
9/7/2010, 08:48 PM
We're gonna cover on this one

I suspect you're right about that.

DominoMaximo
9/7/2010, 08:49 PM
you wont hear a lack of noise from the student section...

i remember my first game that i wasnt in the student section... some crusty old bitch in the south endzone had the nerve to yell at me for standing up. i told her i wasnt gonna sit and that maybe she could get off her fat *** and make some noise. didnt go over well with the rest of the fat asses sittin around us.

South end zone blows! I hate that section!

BTW I fully understand what you mean by this (student section vs. fat *** section). I remember making the transition from the student section to fat *** section and the people behind me really did not say anything but they were clearly annoyed and all I was doing was participating in making noise while on defense and doing the regular chants. Being in the student section you are relieved at times to sit down at half time, but in the fat *** section I was getting bench *** and my *** was pretty sore, I was dieing to stand up.

yankee
9/7/2010, 08:53 PM

like GKeeper said...we won't need Bob to encourage us. :cool:

everyone knows this is probably going to be the best game that comes to norman this season. everyone's also talking about it...there's some real excitement.

stoopified
9/7/2010, 09:02 PM
Beat the semenholes.

SoonerBacker
9/7/2010, 09:09 PM
I truly miss my days in the ol' Student Section. I sit in the upper deck, west side. I get the "sit down" crap all of the time! I also get some "go to he!!" looks for yelling too much. I cannot understand people who want to go to a football game and sit on their arse the entire time with just a few "polite applause" on occassion! It is so much more fun when you get into the game!
I have been tempted on many occassions to try to sneak my way back over to the student section, but I have a feeling that a 52 year old is gonna have a difficult time blending in! lol

delhalew
9/7/2010, 09:19 PM
I truly miss my days in the ol' Student Section. I sit in the upper deck, west side. I get the "sit down" crap all of the time! I also get some "go to he!!" looks for yelling too much. I cannot understand people who want to go to a football game and sit on their arse the entire time with just a few "polite applause" on occassion! It is so much more fun when you get into the game!
I have been tempted on many occassions to try to sneak my way back over to the student section, but I have a feeling that a 52 year old is gonna have a difficult time blending in! lol

I miss it too. Makes me wanna go over to that rowdy area were the hardcore grownups are and stand in an asle.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/7/2010, 11:12 PM
soonerboy_odanorth, I appreciate what you're saying, but the guys on the field could have done something to raise the excitement level, also. It's a two-way street.

Wasn't my point... No doubt, last Saturday against USU the team played uninspired in a great way.

I just mean when and if Stoops needs to go to the fans and light a fire (which from all reports he did NOT need to do last Saturday), he isn't talking to the students. He's talking to another set of folks with entitlement issues.*

FWIW, I think the vast majority are starting to get it... part of a home field advantage is indeed audience partici..... say it!......pation of the "80,000 rabid hyenas" variety.

Say, can we quit being the "f'in hillbillies" and be the "rabid hyenas" now?

*We has seen the enemy and he is us.

Jdog
9/7/2010, 11:36 PM

Not saying he's wrong, just saying...wow. A normal close to vest Stoops also admitted holding back.
Sorry about lack of linkage. I'm on the road.

Letting it out mid week before the big game - He must not be a very good card player.:cool: :cool:

delhalew
9/7/2010, 11:54 PM
I'm just surprised no one jumped on the "playing reckless" bit. I feel like I know what he meant, and I like his style. I just thought it was a statement that the media and fans would have fun blowing up and misunderstanding.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/7/2010, 11:54 PM
like GKeeper said...we won't need Bob to encourage us. :cool:

everyone knows this is probably going to be the best game that comes to norman this season. everyone's also talking about it...there's some real excitement.Granny Holtz, on ESPeNis college show, has mentioned several times that this is the game that interests him the most this weekend, because I think he's itching for FSU to beat us, and apparently thinks they will.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/7/2010, 11:58 PM
the team played uninspired in a great way. That's gold, Jerry

BoulderSooner79
9/8/2010, 10:09 AM
Granny Holtz, on ESPeNis college show, has mentioned several times that this is the game that interests him the most this weekend, because I think he's itching for FSU to beat us, and apparently thinks they will.

Why assume he is pulling for FSU? As a general CFB fan, I think this is a very interesting game as well. It could show if OU is rebounding from a hard luck year and also show if FSU is headed back to the elite under Fisher.

OUmillenium
9/8/2010, 11:20 AM

You should come to a Jenks HS game sometime. Its like 90% of the home crowd doesnt even watch the game. Purely a social event.