PDA

View Full Version : Did you notice anything a little "off" about your secondary Saturday?...

DAWGS
9/7/2010, 12:47 PM
Just curious.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/7/2010, 12:49 PM
What are you talking about? They were shutting down people left and right. Heck no you can't throw on 32.. or it will be 7 the other direction!

adoniijahsooner
9/7/2010, 12:50 PM
Just curious.

You are here to discuss Martinez, huh?

StoopTroup
9/7/2010, 12:51 PM
Dawgs can't talk but some of them can type.

http://damndotcom.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/dog_typing.jpg

adoniijahsooner
9/7/2010, 12:54 PM
Martinez is doing a fine job. From what I understand the guys were in position most of the night, and the rest of the stuff can be corrected.

rawlingsHOH
9/7/2010, 12:56 PM
Did you notice anything a little "off" about your secondary Saturday?We played a defense that we will probably not use again the rest of the season, except maybe against Baylor?

StoopTroup
9/7/2010, 12:57 PM
I don't care for FSU to much but they are a bit easier to be around than gheyturds. :D

http://www.loldawgz.com/dawgz/FSU-Seminoles-Dog.jpg

Jello Biafra
9/7/2010, 12:58 PM
Just curious.

yeh two or 3 YOUNG dbs who seemed to freak out any time the QB got outside of the pocket.

pappy
9/7/2010, 01:23 PM
A lot of the game the db's were in great position but didn't make a play on the ball...that can be corrected. The replay is on right now on fox sports if you would like to see for yourself.

DAWGS
9/7/2010, 01:41 PM
You are here to discuss Martinez, huh?

Just wondering what your first impressions were.:pop: :eek:

OULenexaman
9/7/2010, 01:54 PM
GIVING UP 397 YDS PASSING.....TYPING IN CAPS IS MY IMPRESSION..

delhalew
9/7/2010, 02:10 PM
I didn't like the hire, but he will get a fair shake from me. I'll just say I was more comfortable knowing Bob was watching over the secondary. He may still be hovering for all I know.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2010, 02:14 PM
hmm..grading out a coach after one game...thats not ridiculous

DAWGS
9/7/2010, 02:24 PM
hmm..grading out a coach after one game...thats not ridiculous

I can grade him for you after watching him for 65 games if you would like.

f-.

Maybe we should have given him 6 seasons as D coordinator before we issued a grade?:confused:

Fraggle145
9/7/2010, 02:25 PM
Actually he was fine at UGA before he took over as D Coordinator.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2010, 02:29 PM

f-.

Maybe we should have given him 6 seasons as D coordinator before we issued a grade?:confused:

hmm..so coaches cant struggle somewhere and then go somewhere else and be given a clean slate to succeed?

DAWGS
9/7/2010, 02:32 PM
Actually he was fine at UGA before he took over as D Coordinator.

That was more a case of Van Gorder (Falcons current D cor.) not letting Willie be Willie.

Fraggle145
9/7/2010, 02:33 PM
Thats debatable, unless you have some kind of insider info I havent heard.

C&CDean
9/7/2010, 02:34 PM

f-.

Bitter much? If he blew that bad it wouldn't be a point of contention now would it?

stoops the eternal pimp
DAWGS is Mark Richt

JohnnyMack
hmm..so coaches cant struggle somewhere and then go somewhere else and be given a clean slate to succeed?

No.

Sincerely,

Bill Belichek

DAWGS
9/7/2010, 02:35 PM

I am sure they can. In this particular case...no. That would not be possible.

Collier11
9/7/2010, 02:36 PM

whats funny is this troll doesnt even know his own team, Martinez was a hell of a secondary coach at uga, he just wasnt much of a D coord

badger
9/7/2010, 02:40 PM
Just curious.

I am curious too... as to which "dawgs" your team is so that I know which secondary to critique with a fine-toothed comb in response :D

But, since you asked so nicely, or at least so pointedly, I'll take the bait: Utah State had like the 12th-ranked offense last year and when they visited Norman, they came with an extremely talented QB and receiving corps. Give them credit and kudos. They deserve it.

:mad: Now, tell me which team you support. Mississippi State? Georgia? Fresno State? That school that the Waterboy played at in the Bourbon Bowl? Oh yes, it definitely matters! Why? I need to know because there are two types of schools - one that can make an opponent look good when you have a strong showing against, and one that having a strong showing against or a weak showing against makes you look either so-so or bad. We made Utah State look good. Utah State made itself look good against us. On the opposite side of the spectrum, Wazzu could never make the Pokes look as good as we made Utah State look, because we are that good and the Cougs are that bad.

DAWGS
9/7/2010, 02:42 PM
whats funny is this troll doesnt even know his own team, Martinez was a hell of a secondary coach at uga, he just wasnt much of a D coord

That is where you are mistaken. I know the program from the inside out. What you have heard is just fluff and sunshine.

WM was the secondary coach under VanGorder from 2001-2004. We did well during those years in the secondary.

When WM took over in 05, the scheme was changed to reflect what WM wanted to run. He remained secondary coach.

The new coaching staff has made comments this year that we would no longer be instructing our secondary to leave receivers on the weak side of the field open in the name of scheme and we would actually try and intercept a ball when in coverage instead of face guarding.

The details, which I will not elaborate on are pretty damning.

Collier11
9/7/2010, 02:44 PM
ohhhhhhh shiiiiizzzzzz

DAWGS
I am curious too... as to which "dawgs" your team is so that I know which secondary to critique with a fine-toothed comb in response :D

But, since you asked so nicely, or at least so pointedly, I'll take the bait: Utah State had like the 12th-ranked offense last year and when they visited Norman, they came with an extremely talented QB and receiving corps. Give them credit and kudos. They deserve it.

:mad: Now, tell me which team you support. Mississippi State? Georgia? Fresno State? That school that the Waterboy played at in the Bourbon Bowl? Oh yes, it definitely matters! Why? I need to know because there are two types of schools - one that can make an opponent look good when you have a strong showing against, and one that having a strong showing against or a weak showing against makes you look either so-so or bad. We made Utah State look good. Utah State made itself look good against us. On the opposite side of the spectrum, Wazzu could never make the Pokes look as good as we made Utah State look, because we are that good and the Cougs are that bad.

There is only one Dawgs.

soonerboy_odanorth

Truly, yours is a dizzying intellect! ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2010, 02:46 PM
South Central Louisiana State University Mud Dogs

StoopTroup
9/7/2010, 02:47 PM
You can only Coach the talent that is provided. Mark Richt is the final word when it comes to why a Defense blows.

We didn't hire Martinez to Coach our defense....we hired him because he was going to be ruined if he stayed in Georgia. With his experience he at least stands a chance of becoming a decent Coach now that he's around OUr Staff.

John Blake is looking for a job....maybe you dawgs should give him a ring?

badger
9/7/2010, 02:47 PM
Truly, yours is a dizzying intellect! ;)

It's like Monday today, except it's Tuesday, so everything is dizzying. Sorry. Let me just stay short and sweet:

Teams like OU help opponents improve their standing among football's elite, something teams like Pokette can't accomplish.

Alas, it will mean that we risk looking bad by giving less prestigious teams the opportunity to face the greatest football program in the country. That was the case last Saturday. That will not be the case this coming Saturday.

NormanPride
9/7/2010, 02:52 PM
Don't worry, miss state fan, our corners were doing this type of stuff long before Martinez got here.

DAWGS
9/7/2010, 02:54 PM
You can only Coach the talent that is provided. Mark Richt is the final word when it comes to why a Defense blows.

We didn't hire Martinez to Coach our defense....we hired him because he was going to be ruined if he stayed in Georgia. With his experience he at least stands a chance of becoming a decent Coach now that he's around OUr Staff.

Recruiting rankings can be suspect...but Georgia had more talent than OU on the 09 team.

Rivals avg ranking from 06-09

UGA = 6.5
OU = 10.5

5 of the guys from our pitiful D last year were drafted and are on NFL teams with Atkins leading the NFL in sacks for the pre-season and starting and Curran getting the starting nod @ LB for the Titans already.

rawlingsHOH
9/7/2010, 03:18 PM
Recruiting rankings can be suspect...but Georgia had more talent than OU on the 09 team.

UGA = 6.5
OU = 10.5

5 of the guys from our pitiful D last year were drafted and are on NFL teams with Atkins leading the NFL in sacks for the pre-season and starting and Curran getting the starting nod @ LB for the Titans already.

LOL! OU had 3 of the top 4 picks in the NFL draft. GTFOH!

DAWGS
9/7/2010, 03:22 PM
LOL! OU had 3 of the top 4 picks in the NFL draft. GTFOH!

I see one OU defender in the top 4. Anyway, the recruiting rankings said UGA had more "talent".

Collier11
9/7/2010, 03:25 PM
and we all know that recruiting rankings represent fact

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2010, 03:26 PM
I see one OU defender in the top 4. Anyway, the recruiting rankings said UGA had more "talent".

do those recruiting rankings that your quoting just include defensive players ?

because if they do, then your point makes sense..if not, it doesnt matter that their was "only" 1 defensive player

rawlingsHOH
9/7/2010, 03:27 PM
Citing recruiting services as "proof" UGA had more talent? While splitting hairs between the #6 and #10 ranked class, in this instance?

Really?

lol

rawlingsHOH
9/7/2010, 03:29 PM
Seriously, that is about as funny as using NFL preseason stats to prove a player is going to be a stud in the league.

Collier11
9/7/2010, 03:29 PM
Trolls will Troll

rawlingsHOH
9/7/2010, 03:31 PM
Because we all know these guys....

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

....are going to be lighting it up!

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2010, 03:34 PM
I still would like my question answered...you said your recruiting classes are better..Rawlings said we just had 3 out of the top 4 picks in the nfl draft and you said but only one defensive player...whats the tie in there?

Collier11
9/7/2010, 03:37 PM
not one, thats why he isnt saying anything

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2010, 03:59 PM
somebody lit him up with the red

JohnnyMack
9/7/2010, 04:03 PM
somebody lit him up with the red

I'll light you up with love gravy.

Soonermagik
9/7/2010, 04:08 PM
It's always the schemes and never the players... sure.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2010, 04:10 PM
but rivals says their players are better

Fraggle145
9/7/2010, 05:36 PM
Damn, as a UGA alum, during these years this guy is pissing me off.

With Van Gorder's players Willie's sytem actually worked quite well... Once he couldnt recruit the same level of talent in the secondary for some reason everything went to ****.

Not to mention the streak he had of like 4-5 scoreless games two years ago i think it was...

Not saying that he didnt eventually suck, but i think the SEC got hip to him and he wasnt able to change schematically and he couldnt get the same players.

sooner94
9/7/2010, 07:10 PM

UGA = 6.5
OU = 10.5

LOL! Brilliant post, bud! Now go compare results in the NFL draft. Hint- What program had 3 of the top 4 picks in the 2010 draft.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2010, 09:20 PM
what rivals says matters more than what the draft results were..because innernet graders knows da most about football

richsooner
9/8/2010, 11:40 AM
To keep someone from throwing for almost 400 yds requires good play from both the DT's and the secondary, we did not have either in the passing game.Hopefully we will get it sometime soon............................

TexasLidig8r
9/8/2010, 12:13 PM
This tool posted the exact same thread on orangebloods I believe.

We experienced and more subtle pot stirrers have little tolerance for the rank amateur pot stirrers.

OU_Sooners75
9/8/2010, 12:25 PM
That is where you are mistaken. I know the program from the inside out. What you have heard is just fluff and sunshine.

WM was the secondary coach under VanGorder from 2001-2004. We did well during those years in the secondary.

When WM took over in 05, the scheme was changed to reflect what WM wanted to run. He remained secondary coach.

The new coaching staff has made comments this year that we would no longer be instructing our secondary to leave receivers on the weak side of the field open in the name of scheme and we would actually try and intercept a ball when in coverage instead of face guarding.

The details, which I will not elaborate on are pretty damning.

Who was the DC that allowed the Secondary coach to dictate what the Dbs would do?

maybe you should learn the hierarchy of responsibility before blaming Martinez at UGA!

DC has next to the final say on the defense, from line to secondary. The Head Coach has the final say. The Secondary Coach just teaches the DBs in how to do what is wanting to be done.

That goes for any position coach. You are just the main teacher in a heirarchy of coaches.

Crucifax Autumn
9/8/2010, 12:31 PM
Don't confuse the moron with facts.

OU_Sooners75
9/8/2010, 12:34 PM

Sorry. :O

TexasLidig8r
9/8/2010, 12:53 PM

I believe the proper innerwebz speling is moran.

ddub0224
9/8/2010, 12:58 PM
Dawg-gonit! Guess he got put in his place!

Collier11
9/8/2010, 02:55 PM
I believe the proper innerwebz speling is moran.

now back to our regularly scheduled programming...LID is a girl

BoulderSooner79
9/8/2010, 03:47 PM
now back to our regularly scheduled programming...LID is a girl

Technically, yes - since the surgery.

CaliBornSoonerBred
9/8/2010, 04:00 PM
Technically, yes - since the surgery.

is Lid really Chastity Bono?!

BoulderSooner79
9/8/2010, 04:25 PM
is Lid really Chastity Bono?!

No, and that's Mr. (Chaz) Bono to you. Lid has a huge heart and it's rumored he may have donated his manly bits in order to make Chaz the man he is today.

TexasLidig8r
9/8/2010, 04:27 PM
No, and that's Mr. (Chaz) Bono to you. Lid has a huge heart and it's rumored he may have donated his manly bits in order to make Chaz the man he is today.

No but in her prime, I would have hit Cher like there's no tomorrow. I think she would have gone all freaky and could probably rewrite chapters of the kama sutra.

Crucifax Autumn
9/8/2010, 04:29 PM
Now she's stuck in the ugly sutra.

Mississippi Sooner
9/8/2010, 04:32 PM
I always thought Cher might have been hairy in places she shouldn't have been.

Collier11
9/8/2010, 04:42 PM
or dangly

JohnnyMack
9/8/2010, 04:51 PM
or dangly

...hang like sleeve of wizard.

TahoeSOONER
9/8/2010, 04:59 PM
Meat curtains

85sooners
9/8/2010, 08:04 PM
cher did like the kock

StoopTroup
9/8/2010, 08:17 PM
Cher got all the Bono she ever wanted.

gaylordfan1
9/8/2010, 08:20 PM
Meat curtains

Meaty mud flaps......

ashley
9/9/2010, 07:15 AM
Our DT's and corners have a long way to go.

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2010, 07:40 AM
Nice job stating the obvious. So now, answer the real question: Is that WM's fault or the players needing to mature and execute?

I know the proper answer, but Ashley, really, I doubt you hae a clue, much like all other things OU and football.

ashley
9/9/2010, 08:22 AM
Players needing to mature. And you?

DAWGS
9/9/2010, 09:26 AM
http://uga.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1&mid=147065485&sid=878&tid=147065485&style=1

stoops the eternal pimp
9/9/2010, 09:32 AM
So since it appears that Georgia will not be in the running (again) for any kind of championship this year, some of their fans are going to be obsessed with how the OU db's play....

and you still haven't answered my question from a few pages ago

Mississippi Sooner
9/9/2010, 09:51 AM
This fascination that some Georgia fans have with wanting Willie Martinez to fail, and then rub our faces in it, is just...weird. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like this.

btk108
9/9/2010, 09:54 AM
and now back to football....you pervs

TexasLidig8r
9/9/2010, 10:13 AM
or dangly

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://image59.webshots.com/559/5/40/31/2121540310044785100ejizXE_ph.jpg&imgrefurl=http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2121540310044785100ejizXE&usg=__6SOukzwcYFKDCbvuJpvUtWCTueY=&h=600&w=438&sz=84&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=JswE86Nlqv4qpM:&tbnh=128&tbnw=93&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcher%2Byoung%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa% 3DN%26biw%3D1440%26bih%3D693%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=683&vpy=76&dur=5193&hovh=263&hovw=192&tx=122&ty=160&ei=MvmITPOPLtOCngfu8Zm1Dg&oei=MvmITPOPLtOCngfu8Zm1Dg&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=40&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0

landing strip boys..landing strip.

Salt City Sooner
9/9/2010, 12:59 PM
Since we've never played them, I've always wanted to see a OU/UGA series, but if their fans are anything resembling this, I'm starting to miss that set less & less.

StoopTroup
9/12/2010, 09:43 AM
This thread makes me giggle a bit.

DenverSooner751
9/12/2010, 10:07 AM
So, UGA always says "we're gonna be fightin tween the hedges...." and then there is all of the meat curtain references in here....does that mean, they're really fighting....between the......I'll stop there.

WM's secondary sure was pwned by Ponder as they predicted. Funny stuff.

StoopTroup
9/12/2010, 10:11 AM
Georgia - 6

Cocks - 17

Nice Defense. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
1/4/2011, 10:45 AM
Its funny that Dawgs worry about our secondary coach waned some when realizing the sucktitude of his own football team...

SoonerNutt
1/4/2011, 11:07 AM

Odd logic. Stoops isn't running a coach redemption charity program here. He wouldn't be here if he didn't have something to bring to the table.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/4/2011, 11:18 AM
Its funny that Dawgs worry about our secondary coach waned some when realizing the sucktitude of his own football team...

Can you retype this in English?

kplzthx.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/4/2011, 11:38 AM
this in English

Bourbon St Sooner
1/4/2011, 11:44 AM
this in English

I said retype. You only typed it once. dummy.

Soonermagik
1/4/2011, 11:48 AM
How did Georgia do this season? :)

stoops the eternal pimp
1/4/2011, 12:05 PM
I said retype. You only typed it once. dummy.

you typed it once..i retyped it for you

yermom
1/4/2011, 12:33 PM
Its funny that Dawgs' worry about our secondary coach waned some when realizing the sucktitude of his own football team...

i think that fixed for Bourbon St. i had to start it over a couple of times as well...

oh, and "this" :D

stoops the eternal pimp
1/4/2011, 12:39 PM
i think that fixed for Bourbon St. i had to start it over a couple of times as well...

oh, and "this" :D

thanks gangsta

Breadburner
1/4/2011, 01:26 PM
Wizard Sleeve....

Bourbon St Sooner
1/4/2011, 01:28 PM
you typed it once..i retyped it for you

Oh. Well who's the dummy now.

I mean, ...

85sooners
1/4/2011, 02:08 PM