PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Bob in the Stadium?

Rocko
9/7/2010, 12:33 PM
How about a little song for the birthday boy. They could put the words up on the megatron so everyone can sing along! Stupid or Awesome? You tell me.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/7/2010, 12:34 PM
hopefully we can say happy birthday to him by being LOUD every defensive play and in between plays...

jmo

Mad Dog Madsen
9/9/2010, 09:03 AM
Today is Bob Stoops birthday! Happy birthday coach! Let's beat the **** outta FSU!!!

badger
9/9/2010, 10:24 AM
Yeah... I am still in my 20s, but for all of you older folk, how would you feel about a massive reminder to everyone that you just hit the big 5-0? I'm sure Bob would know that we all meant well, but is that what he really wants? :D

gaylordfan1
9/9/2010, 10:37 AM
hopefully we can say happy birthday to him by being LOUD every defensive play and in between plays...

jmo

I think this is the better alternative.

NOVSooner
9/9/2010, 10:58 AM
yeah, his birthday wish is for a loud crowd similar to tech (see newly posted thread) so i say we grant that wish for ol' Bob!

humblesooner
9/9/2010, 11:24 AM
Yeah... I am still in my 20s, but for all of you older folk, how would you feel about a massive reminder to everyone that you just hit the big 5-0? I'm sure Bob would know that we all meant well, but is that what he really wants? :D

I guess I am an "older folk" and my philospohy is turning 50 was better than the alternative. I promise you that to Bob Stoops, 50 is just a jersey number. He ain't worried about turning 50.

SunnySooner
9/9/2010, 11:27 AM
I think Bob would be mortified if the crowd sang HB to him, in that way when you know someone is trying to be nice, and you don't want to look like an *******, but you just really want them to shut up, and instead you have to stand there and smile politely. I could be wrong, but I just see it making him want to squirm uncomfortably. I agree with the screaming loudly plan instead.