PDA

View Full Version : Boise State's schedule....

SteelClip49
9/7/2010, 08:13 AM
UTAH STATE has an offense for sure as us Sooners all saw clearly.

HAWAII had their chances at defeating USC but the definitely have the quickness and athleticism to keep up with Blue.

Maybe Cincy isn't as good as last year but FRESNO had their way with them in the second half and Fresno usually puts together good runs.

OREGON STATE will be a conference title contender and gave TCU a good game so we shall see.

USU, UH, FS, OS are all decent and should be bowl contenders which should help Boise's schedule out well if BSU runs the table.

rawlingsHOH
9/7/2010, 09:00 AM
The big boys would have to have 2 losses for me to put Boise in over them. Too weak of schedule.

Okie35
9/7/2010, 09:04 AM
UTAH STATE has an offense for sure as us Sooners all saw clearly.

HAWAII had their chances at defeating USC but the definitely have the quickness and athleticism to keep up with Blue.

Maybe Cincy isn't as good as last year but FRESNO had their way with them in the second half and Fresno usually puts together good runs.

OREGON STATE will be a conference title contender and gave TCU a good game so we shall see.

USU, UH, FS, OS are all decent and should be bowl contenders which should help Boise's schedule out well if BSU runs the table.

You overlooked their hardest game on the schedule besides last nights game ... the game @ Nevada.

gaylordfan1
9/7/2010, 09:06 AM
I hate to say this, but this team just keeps winning. They are good! Sorry.

rawlingsHOH
9/7/2010, 10:14 AM

No reason to be sorry. They are fantastic. But they simply need to schedule multiple BCS-caliber road games in the OOC to make up for the rest of their schedule, which they won't do.

Sooner Among The Pack
9/7/2010, 10:18 AM

UW-Whitewater keeps winning in Division 3, too.

OKC-SLC
9/7/2010, 10:24 AM
Oregon St will lose 4 games this year. VTech will too. At the end of the season, there MIGHT be one ranked team on BSU's schedule (VT).

The toughest game left on Boise State's schedule is at Nevada. Seriously, repeat that in your head a couple times. Now replace "Boise State" with "Ohio State" or "Florida" or "Texas" or "Oregon". Would anyone think any of those teams deserved to be in the MNC game if they won out?

rawlingsHOH
9/7/2010, 10:25 AM
UW-Whitewater keeps winning in Division 3, too.

Mount Union v Whitewater, going for 6 in a row. Crazy!

2005 Mount Union Wisconsin–Whitewater 35–28 Salem, Virginia
2006 Mount Union Wisconsin–Whitewater 35–16 Salem, Virginia
2007 Wisconsin–Whitewater Mount Union 31–21 Salem, Virginia
2008 Mount Union Wisconsin–Whitewater 31–26 Salem, Virginia
2009 Wisconsin–Whitewater Mount Union 38–28 Salem, Virginia

SteelClip49
9/7/2010, 10:26 AM
No reason to be sorry. They are fantastic. But they simply need to schedule multiple BCS-caliber road games in the OOC to make up for the rest of their schedule, which they won't do.

Boise always offers but teams refuse to play them. It's not BSU's fault teams are scared to play them.

OKC-SLC
9/7/2010, 10:30 AM
Boise always offers but teams refuse to play them. It's not BSU's fault teams are scared to play them.

They had a 2 for one offer from Nebraska recently which they declined, no?

That's what happens when you are trying to build to national respect--you don't get home-and-homes. You play 2-1. And they didn't do it.

rawlingsHOH
9/7/2010, 10:39 AM

BS!

Boise will only do home-and-home's. They are constantly turning down big time road games since they got PANTSED in Athens.

rawlingsHOH
9/7/2010, 10:41 AM

That's what happens when you are trying to build to national respect--you don't get home-and-homes. You play 2-1. And they didn't do it.

Exactly right. Florida State went anywhere asked in the 1980's. Fresno tried the same about 10 years ago, just couldn't sustain it.

royalfan5
9/7/2010, 10:59 AM

They had a 2 for 1 offer for 7 years down the road that they declined. Nebraska declined to pay them 1 Mil to open the season in Lincoln next year. We are paying Idaho 800K to play in Lincoln this year. I think it would have been worth the extra 200K to have a guarateed national TV game to open the season next year, but Tom Osborne disagrees. I believe they are opening next year at Ole Miss instead, and we have an open date that will probably be filled with a crap team.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2010, 11:01 AM
can't blame boise for that..and yes they are going to ole miss

Okie35
9/7/2010, 11:02 AM
BS!

Boise will only do home-and-home's. They are constantly turning down big time road games since they got PANTSED in Athens.

Won't most teams only do home and home's out of conference? As for that Florida is THE WORST. They won't even schedule hard home games.

rawlingsHOH
9/7/2010, 11:10 AM
Won't most teams only do home and home's out of conference?
For the major powers, sure. But Boise needs to take the TCU route of the 2-for-1's until then.

Almost anyone in the country, including OU, will offer them a road game.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/7/2010, 11:57 AM
I hate them almost u$C fashion. They play no one and they will win the rest of the games and we will have to hear about them in the BCS mix again. Sad to see, I hate those f'ers!

Hot Rod
9/7/2010, 12:38 PM
Care to see how much Heisman talk Kellen Moore gets now? As I noticed prior to them getting that last chance to score, his numbers were about the same as Landry's.

josh09
9/7/2010, 12:55 PM
If Boise can find a way to go undefeated, then they certainly deserve to be in the national championship, as much as I hate to say it

sooner59
9/7/2010, 02:20 PM
If Boise can find a way to go undefeated, then they certainly deserve to be in the national championship, as much as I hate to say it

Unless out of Oregon, Florida, Ohio St., Bama, Auburn, OU, Texas, Nebraska, and a bunch of others....two other programs go undefeated.

Salt City Sooner
9/7/2010, 02:21 PM
Won't most teams only do home and home's out of conference? As for that Florida is THE WORST. They won't even schedule hard home games.
Most teams have more than a 35,000 seat stadium (BSU's current capacity).

badger
9/7/2010, 02:22 PM
Boise plays a much tougher schedule so far in the season than practically every other team.

(ducks the shoes thrown at me and George W. Bush)

Seriously, guys, I hate the smurf turfers, but give credit where credit's due. They play tough early in the season and that's something we Sooners have got to appreciate, because we do it too and know how tough it is to get fired up and ready for a tough opponent in September as opposed to October and November... December... January :)

rawlingsHOH
9/7/2010, 02:31 PM

Only if the SEC teams have 2 losses.

virginiasooner
9/7/2010, 04:19 PM
One telling comment from last night's game: the heat and humidity was getting to the smurfers. Geez, it was barely 85, and humidity was under 50%! and the smurfers start cramping with those conditions? I say send them down to the SEC, schedule a game with a noon start, and they'll be done by halftime. I didn't hear comments about these unbearable conditions at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore, with Maryland and Navy going at it earlier in the day.

And my co-worker who is a part time ref says that the late hit call deep in the fourth quarter was bogus.

birddog
9/7/2010, 05:00 PM
i think everyone on here is a "part time ref"...and "coach".