PDA

View Full Version : "Big Game Chris"?

Indy Sooner
9/6/2010, 10:38 PM
Stoops gave up that title years ago...seems Peterson is deserved of late.

JLEW1818
9/6/2010, 10:39 PM
absolutely
his team is very disciplined, and capitalizes on other teams mistakes

goingoneight
9/6/2010, 10:41 PM
He'll be a "Big Game" coach until he loses. Then he'll be a "choke artist."

There's nothing to a name.

soonerhubs
9/6/2010, 10:41 PM
absolutely
his team is very disciplined, and capitalizes on other teams mistakes

They also only play 2 challenging games per season.

Blues1
9/6/2010, 10:42 PM
Still --- Can't Stand To See Them Win....
Utah State is Their Last Game --- Just Maybe ~ ~ :)

Okie35
9/6/2010, 10:43 PM
Still --- Can't Stand To See Them Win....
Utah State is Their Last Game --- Just Maybe ~ ~ :)

I can't either but I respect them and I said Peterson is a great big game coach.

agoo758
9/6/2010, 10:45 PM
Yeah... Virginia Tech dropped that pass on fourth down....... I'm pissed.....

TXBOOMER
9/6/2010, 10:46 PM
He is a heck of a coach. Seems to get a lot out of low hyped athletes. They have a great program.

Boomer!!
9/6/2010, 10:48 PM
They also only play 2 challenging games per season.

All you can do is play the games on your schedule.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/6/2010, 10:49 PM

the truth right there

goingoneight
9/6/2010, 10:51 PM

or... you know... schedule more quality opponents to silence your critics. They do have 4 OOC slots afterall.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/6/2010, 10:52 PM
I know they play a lot of lesser teams....but he wins the games he should win and then the few he gets where maybe he shouldnt, he wins those too..

Something to be said about a coach who gets his team ready to play whether they are playing a good team or a lousy one

sooner59
9/6/2010, 10:53 PM

True. Then go to a lesser bowl and enjoy your undefeated season against two or 3 legit teams and a season full of cupcakes. That's all I am saying. They play who is on the schedule, but the fact is, their schedule is ****. And teams that lose 1 game in a power conference would get totally screwed if Boise went to the title game because they actually played a hard schedule and "earned" a spot in the game.

JLEW1818
9/6/2010, 10:54 PM
oh and keep in mind, VT was ranked 6th in the coaches poll... an actual poll that matters in college football

goingoneight
9/6/2010, 10:55 PM
All I know is in September 2000, nobody said anything about a "Big Game Bob." Take your little monikers all you want, I'll take hardware and Ws.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/6/2010, 10:56 PM
Boise State feels like they have moved past the point of being a patsy school that has to just take away games in a one game contract with other schools...Not too many schools lining up to do a home and away with them

Okie35
9/6/2010, 10:58 PM

So true too. Its crazy how fast they turn on you.

oudavid1
9/6/2010, 11:23 PM
Its a lot easier to be big game Chris when you play at a real BCS Conference top 10 team every 2 years. VaTech is not top 10 btw.

Okie35
9/6/2010, 11:24 PM
or... you know... schedule more quality opponents to silence your critics. They do have 4 OOC slots afterall.

Nobody wants to play them.

Okie35
9/6/2010, 11:24 PM
Its a lot easier to be big game Chris when you play at a real BCS Conference top 10 team every 2 years. VaTech is not top 10 btw.

You can say that now but VT always loses games in the beginning of the season.

oudavid1
9/6/2010, 11:29 PM
Nobody wants to play them.

"Not my problem" -BCS

You can say that now but VT always loses games in the beginning of the season.

I bet on Boise, VaTech isnt that good :(

CatfishSooner
9/6/2010, 11:36 PM
**** boyzezee staete

Harry Beanbag
9/6/2010, 11:44 PM
Boise State doesn't deserve home & homes with real schools or a title shot until they get green turf.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/6/2010, 11:46 PM
You know, I can't recall Chris Peterson ever lobbying for a shot at the NC...I think they are more interested in getting BCS money than winning the trophy

sooner59
9/6/2010, 11:46 PM
Boise State doesn't deserve home & homes with real schools or a title shot until they get green turf.

Spek.

sooner59
9/6/2010, 11:47 PM
You know, I can't recall Chris Peterson ever lobbying for a shot at the NC...I think they are more interested in getting BCS money than winning the trophy

If so, that's just sad. That would make them everything that is wrong with college football. Not that they already aren't. Just sayin. :D

Okie35
9/6/2010, 11:55 PM
"Not my problem" -BCS

I bet on Boise, VaTech isnt that good :(

Yea, VT isn't good, at least right now. As for the BCS its flawed and if it takes Boise or TCU to shut it down, I'm all for it.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2010, 12:10 AM
If so, that's just sad. That would make them everything that is wrong with college football. Not that they already aren't. Just sayin. :D

you've heard TCU and gary patterson, utah and urban, and the boise president a few times..but I've never heard Petersen one time say anything about it

Breadburner
9/7/2010, 01:06 AM
Hats off to Boise St....But VT handed them this one in the 1st.....

goingoneight
9/7/2010, 01:37 AM
Petersen is a humble guy. He really is. He's not a media whore like Teebus was. His mindset tonight was exactly what it should be. Before the kickoff, they asked him about the BCS, the Boise magic, all that garbage and he gave a very Stoops-like answer that it's game one and let's get past that first. When the game was over, he didn't go all foot-in-mouth, either. Hell... he might not even be thinking about it, but a decent mid-major like USU and Borel could be a team that sneaks up and bites them even after beating the always overrated Virginia Tech.

Crucifax Autumn
9/7/2010, 01:41 AM
Win or not, he still looks like Sling Blade.

BoulderSooner79
9/7/2010, 01:47 AM
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.

Crucifax Autumn
9/7/2010, 01:57 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qi2x4M8Cyc0/Sr4soSVgHJI/AAAAAAAAAws/1FeEGdijayE/s320/slingblade_240_001.jpg http://www.blogcdn.com/ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/media/2010/08/chris-petersen-1283038598.jpg

oudavid1
9/7/2010, 02:06 AM
Petersen is a humble guy. He really is. He's not a media whore like Teebus was.

BFbcM45RDQ8

just saying

soonerfromgeorgia
9/7/2010, 07:21 AM
They are a good team, but I think their blue turf cheapens their value. They have out grown that gimmick, but I can't take them serious because of the smurf turf.

stoopified
9/7/2010, 07:45 AM
If this guy ever wants to earn that nickname he needs to take a job at a BCS school and really be BIG GAME tested.I'm fairly certain Colorado will have an opening in December.He could replace the last uber big game coach who left the SMURF TURF.Whatis Hawkins" record with the Buffs?Dirk Kotter ain't done much since leaving BSU either.

Since it would be finacially insane for OU to agree to play BSU h&h,why not a neutral site matchup?I would love to play BSU in Mile High or Arrowhead,or the RCA Dome (or whatever it is in St Louis) or Jerry World.

GrapevineSooner
9/7/2010, 07:55 AM
If this guy ever wants to earn that nickname he needs to take a job at a BCS school and really be BIG GAME tested.

And if Petersen ever did that, he'd be considered a sellout.

I'm fairly certain Colorado will have an opening in December.He could replace the last uber big game coach who left the SMURF TURF.Whatis Hawkins" record with the Buffs?Dirk Kotter ain't done much since leaving BSU either.

Which just begs the question of why Petersen would ever leave in the first place.

Soonermagik
9/7/2010, 08:06 AM
If Stoops, Saban or Meyer only had to show up for 1 or 2 games they may look unbeatable too.

Boise has to schedule harder games, even if that means playing those games away. Let's face it, they almost lost last night. If Va Tech hadn't gone so conservative at the end they probably would have won. What happens if they play 3 or 4 games like that? They would likely drop 1 or 2. With that said, Petersen is an excellent coach.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2010, 08:29 AM
How many tough games should they schedule?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2010, 08:30 AM
BFbcM45RDQ8

just saying

So ESPN has him in a commercial and he is a media whore?

Soonermagik
9/7/2010, 08:39 AM
How many tough games should they schedule?

How about as many as say.. OU.

FSU (tough game)

Cincinnati on the road (solid game)

Texas (Good game)

Possible Nebraska in the conference championship game. (Tough game)

Plus, all the other solid in conference games. The Big 12 isn't the SEC, but it's a lot better than the WAC. You can't complain about being on the outside looking in when you play San Jose State, Wyoming etc..

The only other decent game they have is Oregon State. When you're a team trying to get into the title game you have to schedule big games i.e. throw in some at games i.e. at Ohio State, at Florida, at Oklahoma etc..

Hence, anyone can show up for one or two games, you can't get around that argument. Maybe OU should go independent and play a bunch of cupcakes and then they only have to show up for the BCS game. It's a lot easier to win one or two big games a year.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2010, 08:47 AM
they cant schedule a championship game and tougher conference games..You listed 2 tougher non conference games which Boise has tried to schedule like that...and if you think Ohio State, Florida, or Oklahoma want a piece of them early in the season, your wrong..Its a no win situation for programs like that to play boise, so they aren't going to..They schedule what they can and have some nice non conference games coming up in years..

People talk like Boise State can pick any opponent they want but they can't...

Soonermagik
9/7/2010, 09:04 AM
OU would play them at home by the 3rd game. Trust me, Boise is not interested in that game. Most teams will play big time programs as long as it's at home. Look at OU's home record any big home game is in their favor. Plus, it builds more hype around both programs.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2010, 09:05 AM
If OU beats Boise it doesnt do anything for OU..heck boise is a top 5 team and still referred to as a cinderella shocking the world by beating VT...

And Boise came out 3 years ago and said they would take on any top program that would schedule them

Sooner in Tampa
9/7/2010, 09:13 AM
I certainly don't want to take anything away from Boise...that was a great win, but lets really look at who they beat:

VT had 7 first time starters on Defense, Beamer does NOT know how to run out the clock, have lost 3 straight openers, and what the hell was Tech doing on that last drive? Why were they trying to get it all in one chunk? STUPID!!

Boise is the everybodies darling right now...and I guess they deserve it...but damn, everybody makes it seem like they can't be beaten and I am getting pretty sick of it. Boise better live it up this yr...they are going to lose a TON of starters and will they will come tumbling down

bluedogok
9/7/2010, 09:51 PM
Boise State feels like they have moved past the point of being a patsy school that has to just take away games in a one game contract with other schools...Not too many schools lining up to do a home and away with them
Supposedly Texas offered a 2 for 1 and Boise only wants to do a 1/1 because they feel like they are an "elite" program now and doesn't need to give games away. The only way Boise is going to play a consistently stronger schedule is to move to a top tier conference.

He is a heck of a coach and has a good program there.

JLEW1818
9/7/2010, 10:22 PM
If Stoops, Saban or Meyer only had to show up for 1 or 2 games they may look unbeatable too.

Boise has to schedule harder games, even if that means playing those games away. Let's face it, they almost lost last night. If Va Tech hadn't gone so conservative at the end they probably would have won. What happens if they play 3 or 4 games like that? They would likely drop 1 or 2. With that said, Petersen is an excellent coach.

conservative?

Indy Sooner
9/7/2010, 10:25 PM
If OU beats Boise it doesnt do anything for OU..

Other than gain some degree of revenge for their last encounter.

JLEW1818
9/7/2010, 10:26 PM
I'd rather take a poop on the blue turf

soonergirlNeugene
9/7/2010, 10:27 PM
Gawd it's bad enough having to hear about Boise State ad nauseum every time I flip the channel to ESPN. Enough with the incessant fawning over these guys!

stoops the eternal pimp
jlew would rather have frank beamer

stoops the eternal pimp
if your tired of what ESPN talks about, why do you watch it?

JLEW1818
9/7/2010, 10:28 PM
that dude has cost me more money than any other coach.

2007-08 Orange Bowl

I take them over Kansas

the next year i take Cincy over VT

ugh

btk108
9/7/2010, 10:32 PM
that dude has cost me more money than any other coach.

2007-08 Orange Bowl

I take them over Kansas

the next year i take Cincy over VT

ugh

Next time....give me your money, I'll kick you in the nuts and we'll call it even

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsS/15743-28453.gif

JLEW1818
9/7/2010, 10:34 PM
haha, nice

soonergirlNeugene
9/7/2010, 10:34 PM
if your tired of what ESPN talks about, why do you watch it?

I guess I keep deluding myself that they will eventually run out of sloppy kisses for the flavor of the month and start talking about football. Boy am I dumb.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2010, 10:35 PM
whats the bet this weekend?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2010, 10:36 PM
I guess I keep deluding myself that they will eventually run out of sloppy kisses for the flavor of the month and start talking about football. Boy am I dumb.

its probably why I dont mind boise so much...I quit watching everything except actual games so I don't hear all the bs

JLEW1818
9/7/2010, 10:38 PM
whats the bet this weekend?

not sure yet. gonna break a few things down tomorrow.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2010, 10:40 PM
i won some nice cash on osu in week 1

soonergirlNeugene
9/7/2010, 10:40 PM
its probably why I dont mind boise so much...I quit watching everything except actual games so I don't hear all the bs

Thats gotta be it b/c honestly my attitude after their Fiesta Bowl win was more along the line of damn, I hate to lose that way but good on them. Still think it was one of the most exciting games I've ever seen. Just get SO tired of these media lovefests.

I swear the other day I saw a poll asking the nation to choose whether it loved Boise State more than rainbows or more than unicorns.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2010, 10:42 PM
hahaha..probably right..

I find that im a lot happier person without espn..i should start a support group

JLEW1818
9/7/2010, 10:44 PM
gonna keep an eye on Miami @ Ohio State

It's a day game. I think Miami might be able to hang around if it is around 11-12

opened at 10

we shall see.

The Bama spread will continue to rise

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2010, 10:47 PM
yeah im staying away from bama..i think if it stays 10-101/2, im on tOSU

JLEW1818
9/7/2010, 10:50 PM
Thursday Night, Auburn at Miss St

Harry Beanbag
9/7/2010, 11:28 PM
hahaha..probably right..

I find that im a lot happier person without espn..i should start a support group

Yeah, I figured that out about 7 years ago, only watch games now. I also stopped watching network news about the same time, much happier now. :)