PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Merciful Crap! Do you people not

prrriiide
9/6/2010, 08:19 PM
recognize a sandbag when you see it?

Right now the FSU receivers are practicing their end-zone prancing and their DLmen are working on their sack dances.

To them I say...muaaahhhaaaahhaaaa!!!

Meanwhile, our guys (who didn't spend a minute on USU) are putting the finishing touches on a gameplan that will leave Jimbo curled up in a fetal position in the guest locker room after the game, and will leave Ponder in therapy until he retires from his sales job at Sears.

:P

meoveryouxinfinity
9/6/2010, 08:22 PM
think happy thoughts. think happy thoughts. think happy thoughts. think happy thoughts.

StoopTroup
9/6/2010, 08:33 PM
Anyone who's to scared to go Saturday...PM me and I'll get your tickets to someone with a sack.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/6/2010, 08:37 PM
Anyone who's to scared to go Saturday...PM me and I'll get your tickets to someone with a sack.

sexist.

btk108
9/6/2010, 08:57 PM

send them to me!!!!!!!!!!! You KNOW I have a sack :D

delhalew
9/6/2010, 09:07 PM
Best thread in a while:D

birddog
9/6/2010, 09:08 PM
the miami game last year worried me way more than this fsu game does.

but i didn't get to see the usu game. :(

i'm sure we'll find a way to field a team this weekend and be just fine.

btk108
9/6/2010, 09:10 PM
Been watching Craigslist and the ticket brokers for two weeks. Ticket prices are starting to drop. 150 endzone tix are bringing 100 now. Some not very bright students are trying to sell their tix from $100 to $200.

This is not the TT game.

prrriiide
9/6/2010, 09:43 PM
Best thread in a while:D

Thankyaa...thankyaa vurry much...

http://gcos.nl/upload-66A6E-2DB65-E56ED/elvis-presley-2.jpg

RoaminSooner
9/6/2010, 11:34 PM
think happy thoughts. think happy thoughts. think happy thoughts. think happy thoughts.

This /\

agoo758
9/7/2010, 01:08 AM
"Sweet merciful crap" should be the slogan for soonerfans.....

sendbaht
9/7/2010, 01:15 AM
We sandbag better then the rest of them. FSU showed the world all their plays, we showed like only 5....Boy will they be surprized this Saturday...:)

prrriiide
9/7/2010, 02:04 AM
http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2010-08-29_3556550739210817/tv/simpsons/homer/sweet_merciful_crap.wav

NOTE: copy and paste the link to make it wirk...

tomtom
9/7/2010, 03:24 AM

Right now the FSU receivers are practicing their end-zone prancing and their DLmen are working on their sack dances.

Meanwhile, our guys (who didn't spend a minute on USU) are putting the finishing touches on a gameplan that will leave Jimbo curled up in a fetal position in the guest locker room after the game, and will leave Ponder in therapy until he retires from his sales job at Sears.

Are you saying those wild Jones passes, and the corners getting beat was a plan to fake out FSU?

GKeeper316
9/7/2010, 03:29 AM
Are you saying those wild Jones passes, and the corners getting beat was a plan to fake out FSU?

pretty clever, huh?

stoops is a mother****in super-genius, yo

oumartin
9/7/2010, 06:20 AM
yeah, if you people think we were sandbaggin' didn't hear Bob on the sidelines yelling "this is Utah State" to his players indicating he was not happy with their performance

prrriiide
9/7/2010, 06:25 AM
yeah, if you people think we were sandbaggin' didn't hear Bob on the sidelines yelling "this is Utah State" to his players indicating he was not happy with their performance

He would have had to have been yelling louder than is humanly possible for me to hear him in Knoxville.

NOVSooner
9/7/2010, 07:22 AM

I heard it too on PPV. if i recall correctly, it was just before we were to punt than decided to go for it on 4th and 1 after that USU timeout. It was very clear what he said. and very clear he expected more out of this team in that game.

landrun
9/7/2010, 07:34 AM
ecognize a sandbag when you see it?

Sorry, but these sort of threads are ridiculous. We played awful and it was not by design.

gaylordfan1
9/7/2010, 07:44 AM

Meanwhile, our guys (who didn't spend a minute on USU)are putting the finishing touches on a gameplan that will leave Jimbo curled up in a fetal position in the guest locker room after the game, and will leave Ponder in therapy until he retires from his sales job at Sears.

Really? I expect some fans to think this. I do think we spent some time last week working on FSU, but no more than we do any other week on any other team. Regardless, we still should have placed a beat down on USU. We should have been able to pass on this defense. We did run a pretty vanilla offense, but should have been able to cover. I do hope this was enough proof to these players that our team is very vulnerable and can get beat anytime. So, with that being said I think we will be prepared for FSU. Now, if that translates to execution is another story.

stoopified
9/7/2010, 08:39 AM
pretty clever, huh?

stoops is a mother****in super-genius, yo
Now y'all have done let the cat out of the bag.

Jello Biafra
9/7/2010, 08:41 AM

there WERE some things that made me say WTF saturday and honestly think to myself, "these guys havent worked on these particular plays" it was almost like there was a completely different play book that were working from saturday. if not, we are in a heap of trouble. i can't count on two hands how many times landry not only threw off the wrong foot but did so while backpeddling....

rawlingsHOH
9/7/2010, 08:56 AM

With our star running back 35 carries older and ice bags all over his body?

The gameplan may have been vanilla, but the guys had to go to war to get out with a W.

tomtom
9/7/2010, 09:01 AM
Sorry, but these sort of threads are ridiculous. We played awful and it was not by design.

Correct!

wishbonesooner
9/7/2010, 09:08 AM
So you want me to believe the once mighty Sooners have been reduced to playing mind games with opponents to be able to win IN OUR HOUSE?

Okie35
9/7/2010, 09:12 AM
"I think we just got on our heels and relaxed a little after we got up 21-0," said safety Jonathan Nelson. "We were on our home field. We just have to realize we have to play every single play like it's our last and stay true to basic fundamentals."

Defensive coaches stressed before Monday's practice: Utah State gained 340 yards on 12 plays but was held to 101 yards on the remaining 63 plays.

"It was a great learning experience," Lewis said. "Practice today, we were fired up. Everybody was locked in. There wasn't a lot of laughing and everything. We had the mentality we're going to get things done. We don't want games to slip by... We're not going to let it happen again."

oumartin
9/7/2010, 09:16 AM
With our star running back 35 carries older and ice bags all over his body?

The gameplan may have been vanilla, but the guys had to go to war to get out with a W.

yeah, I don't see Demarco being very effective against fsu with all the carries he had to get in the USU game

Pigface1
9/7/2010, 09:34 AM
Kevin Wilson: Landry, I know you see the blitz in your pre snap, but I don't want you to check down or audible. Go ahead and take several for the team, it will really give us the edge against FSU.

Landry: No problem, coach. That's why I came to Norman.

rawlingsHOH
9/7/2010, 10:15 AM
Defensive coaches stressed before Monday's practice: Utah State gained 340 yards on 12 plays but was held to 101 yards on the remaining 63 plays.
That seemed about right. Big plays were the culprit.

Jello Biafra
9/7/2010, 10:17 AM
That seemed about right. Big plays were the culprit.

and our defense should expect to see a bunch more of the play action and rolling out. a majority of those 12 plays were when we lost contain and the DBs freaked out and started coming up to support the run.

Pigface1
9/7/2010, 11:51 AM
Utah St's QB was definitely a playmaker. Ponder is a very good QB, but he's not going to kill OU with his feet like the Seneca Wallace clone did on Saturday.

prrriiide
9/7/2010, 12:16 PM
Hmmmm...I see several that can't recognize tongue-in-cheek when they see it. :rolleyes:

adoniijahsooner
9/7/2010, 12:18 PM
Stoops just said in his presser that they held alot back on offense for fsu...

adoniijahsooner
9/7/2010, 12:18 PM

http://www.soonersports.com/allaccess/index.html?media=186674

Jello Biafra
9/7/2010, 12:19 PM

i hope hes right....cuz like i said, it looked like the plays we ran out there saturday were not worked on all that much.

adoniijahsooner
9/7/2010, 12:19 PM
Wow...he just said again that we will have alot more offense this week. I guess we were sandbagging.

OU_Sooners75
9/7/2010, 12:32 PM
It may be pretty vanilla football, but sandbagging?

Dont the receivers know the routes?
Doesnt Jones know where the routes are running, and the ball is going on a hand off?
Doesnt the OL know the basic pass protection or how to fire off and hit someone?

How do you play vanilla on defense? I can see no blitzing or stunting as being a way...but we allowed 12 big plays because of lack of execution, not because of sandbagging.

Our offense didnt score as many points because of lack of execution, not because of sandbagging.

You can use any excuse you want to, rather it be they were sandbagging or they were running a bunch of plays they havent worked on, but the players have been in the sport long enough to know where the holes, gaps, and routes are suppose to be. They have been in long enough to know what type of pass protection they need to use and so on.

Yes, not practicing the plays can cause confusion, but it is only an excuse, the key is executing and we really did not do that after getting up 21-0.

Besides, if were were holding our playbooks to the very basic of plays, then I think the fundamentals of football shoudl have taken effect as in instinct anyway.

The excuse I am going to use is our players got relaxed and stopped playing on ever down. Kind of like some of the players have stated.

Jello Biafra
9/7/2010, 12:35 PM

Doesnt Jones know where the routes are running, and the ball is going on a hand off?
Doesnt the OL know the basic pass protection or how to fire off and hit someone?

How do you play vanilla on defense? I can see no blitzing or stunting as being a way...but we allowed 12 big plays because of lack of execution, not because of sandbagging.

Our offense didnt score as many points because of lack of execution, not because of sandbagging.

You can use any excuse you want to, rather it be they were sandbagging or they were running a bunch of plays they havent worked on, but the players have been in the sport long enough to know where the holes, gaps, and routes are suppose to be. They have been in long enough to know what type of pass protection they need to use and so on.

Yes, not practicing the plays can cause confusion, but it is only an excuse, the key is executing and we really did not do that after getting up 21-0.

Besides, if were were holding our playbooks to the very basic of plays, then I think the fundamentals of football shoudl have taken effect as in instinct anyway.

The excuse I am going to use is our players got relaxed and stopped playing on ever down. Kind of like some of the players have stated.

agreed. we got up 21-0 and they thought it was going to be another one of those games. we stopped blitzing and we were able to get enough pressure with the front 4. we were getting pressure but the QB was stepping out of it causing the corners to freeze and watch....

i will say this though....there were several times saturday in which some of the olineman had no clue who they were suppose to be blocking. i dont know if film (or lack thereof) played into it or USU came into the game with a different defensive set or what but....

adoniijahsooner
9/7/2010, 12:37 PM

He also said that he thought players were trying to play too cautious, instead of being reckless. Playing tight against a team that is ball to the walls can cause many problems as well. Too be honest, I dont know why you wouldnt work on what you been doing in practice, in an actual game enviroment?

adoniijahsooner
9/7/2010, 12:39 PM
agreed. we got up 21-0 and they thought it was going to be another one of those games. we stopped blitzing and we were able to get enough pressure with the front 4. we were getting pressure but the QB was stepping out of it causing the corners to freeze and watch....

i will say this though....there were several times saturday in which some of the olineman had no clue who they were suppose to be blocking. i dont know if film (or lack thereof) played into it or USU came into the game with a different defensive set or what but....

Wilson said before the game that USU like to blitz off the bus. This is the same guy who coached Utahs defense against Bama.

OU_Sooners75
9/7/2010, 01:06 PM

I was an olineman back in the day...we were taught to lay the wood on someone that is in your path if you are unsure who to block. Communication on the front line is key. The line should be communicating with each other.

btk108
9/7/2010, 01:09 PM
I was an olineman back in the day...we were taught to lay the wood on someone that is in your path if you are unsure who to block. Communication on the front line is key. The line should be communicating with each other.

You keep your wood to yourself, mister. This aint' KS or Nebbish. ;)

OU_Sooners75
9/7/2010, 01:10 PM
You keep your wood to yourself, mister. This aint' KS or Nebbish. ;)

My wood is not offensive. :pop:

adoniijahsooner
9/7/2010, 01:15 PM
My wood is not offensive. :pop:

What? My wood is always on the offensive, and in attack mode!

OU_Sooners75
9/7/2010, 01:21 PM
What? My wood is always on the offensive, and in attack mode!

I mean as in offensive or politically incorrect or gross. :O

adoniijahsooner
9/7/2010, 01:23 PM
I mean as in offensive or politically incorrect or gross. :O

Wow! This is the first time I ever heard of wood that is politically correct, well mannered, and decent:D.

OU_Sooners75
9/7/2010, 01:24 PM
Wow! This is the first time I ever heard of wood that is politically correct, well mannered, and decent:D.

Well, you have never met my wood...:eek:

adoniijahsooner
9/7/2010, 01:28 PM
Well, you have never met my wood...:eek:

I never will either, because mine is always entangled in some sort of bush.

bent rider
9/7/2010, 01:28 PM
Wilson said before the game that USU like to blitz off the bus. This is the same guy who coached Utahs defense against Bama.

'zactly. I think in a few weeks people will be sayin', "Hey 'dem Utah Aggies ain't half bad."

adoniijahsooner
9/7/2010, 01:29 PM
'zactly. I think in a few weeks people will be sayin', "Hey 'dem Utah Aggies ain't half bad."

They finish 9-3 this year, with their 9th win coming on the smurf turf.

OU_Sooners75
9/7/2010, 01:31 PM
I never will either, because mine is always entangled in some sort of bush.

Well played sir.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/7/2010, 01:42 PM
this thread got super ghey. 75 i blame you

Jello Biafra
9/7/2010, 01:45 PM

yeh i was too. remember? :)

it seemed like they were looking for a block and when they found it, they were a step too late...and out of position. we were always told if someone with an ugly jersey is standing, they need to be laying....but it doesnt work well when the LB is already on the move by the time you see him.