PDA

View Full Version : Delay of entrance by team

yukonsooner
9/6/2010, 08:05 PM
I was sitting here still thinking about the game Saturday. The entrance of the team after the intro video was somewhat a reflection of the entire game. Thinking back, the team was very reserved walking down the corridor into the stadium - showing very little to no enthusiasm, and they never showed any real fire during the game. They were late coming out and the delay seemed to continue throughout the game, no one ever got in snyc. Anyone else feel this way?

AZSOONER
9/6/2010, 08:07 PM
21-0 I think we started off fine.

Leroy Lizard
9/6/2010, 08:23 PM
I was sitting here still thinking about the game Saturday. The entrance of the team after the intro video was somewhat a reflection of the entire game. Thinking back, the team was very reserved walking down the corridor into the stadium - showing very little to no enthusiasm, and they never showed any real fire during the game. They were late coming out and the delay seemed to continue throughout the game, no one ever got in snyc. Anyone else feel this way?

How did Bud Wilkinson win a single game?

StoopTroup
9/6/2010, 08:29 PM
How we walk down a ramp before a game is a tell tale sign of things to come. Bob will probably have them crawl out there for FSU.

BrockLanders
9/6/2010, 08:34 PM
This was my first home game to miss in many a year. What happened?

Is it different than before...1) gongs begin intro video, 2) intro video with OU's past and present, 3) live feed of team in ramp/hallway 4) THERE'S ONLY ONE OKLAHOMA, shotguns fire, S-O-O-N-E-R flags and cheerleaders run followed by the team.

John Kochtoston
9/6/2010, 08:38 PM
Yes, we played poorly because it took a few moments longer to come out of the tunnel. :rolleyes: Who let Mack Brown have a troll here?

yukonsooner
9/6/2010, 08:53 PM
Yes, we played poorly because it took a few moments longer to come out of the tunnel. :rolleyes: Who let Mack Brown have a troll here?

I AM NOT A MACK BROWN TROLL. I've been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and have been there through the good times and the bad times and will continue to support MY Sooners. Earlier this week there was a video with Beal talking about what goes on prior to the game, entering the stadium the walk down the tunnel. He was also talking about the energy of the team, their excitment. Were you there to see the entrance? There was none of that. I'm not saying that them taking longer to come out of the tunnel was why we played poorly, I'm saying there didn't seem to be the excitment, intensity, we are used to seeing from our Sooners. Maybe they weren't that excited about playing lowly USU and were looking ahead to FSU.

yukonsooner
9/6/2010, 08:57 PM

Is it different than before...1) gongs begin intro video, 2) intro video with OU's past and present, 3) live feed of team in ramp/hallway 4) THERE'S ONLY ONE OKLAHOMA, shotguns fire, S-O-O-N-E-R flags and cheerleaders run followed by the team.

You've got it. Only you know how the team comes out as soon as the video ends? Well it was a good 2 min. before they came out and you know when they show the live feed the players are hollering, hitting pads, etc? Well that didn't happen either.

Sooner-N-KS
9/6/2010, 09:03 PM

When the regular part of the video was over the screen went to a live video in a hallway of the Switzer Center. The cameraman walked down the hall toward the locker room entrance.......and waited......and waited......and waited.

Then a few players came out while the cameraman walked backwards. So we watched the first few guys walking the hallway, hitting the sign above the door and then out to the field before they all ran out onto the field.

BrockLanders
9/6/2010, 09:23 PM
OK....hopefully we get our act together on all fronts this weekend. I'm hosting a few buddies from Florida (enemies for about 3.5 hours on Sat) and I want them to see the coolness that is the nonscrewed up entrance.

Leroy Lizard
9/6/2010, 09:39 PM
I AM NOT A MACK BROWN TROLL. I've been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and have been there through the good times and the bad times and will continue to support MY Sooners. Earlier this week there was a video with Beal talking about what goes on prior to the game, entering the stadium the walk down the tunnel. He was also talking about the energy of the team, their excitment. Were you there to see the entrance? There was none of that. I'm not saying that them taking longer to come out of the tunnel was why we played poorly, I'm saying there didn't seem to be the excitment, intensity, we are used to seeing from our Sooners. Maybe they weren't that excited about playing lowly USU and were looking ahead to FSU.

Ye olde "They didn't seem to have the fire" bit. David Earl should just program it as an automatic post after a loss or a close game against a weak opponent.

Leroy Lizard
9/6/2010, 09:41 PM
You've got it. Only you know how the team comes out as soon as the video ends? Well it was a good 2 min. before they came out and you know when they show the live feed the players are hollering, hitting pads, etc? Well that didn't happen either.

As soon as they walk onto the field, it doesn't matter. The anticipation of the kickoff will get any player into it. If not, perhaps they should be delivering mail or digging up plumbing as their primary avocation.

John Kochtoston
9/7/2010, 02:12 AM

As has been pointed out above, OU opened by going up 21-0. A fan of 30 years should be able to recognize that as a good start.

Crucifax Autumn
9/7/2010, 02:18 AM
Nope. If we don't hang half a hundred by the second quarter we're DOOMED!!!!

John Kochtoston
9/7/2010, 03:48 AM
I'm pretty sure the team spent the extra time in the tunnel lifting weights.

King Barry's Back
9/7/2010, 04:28 AM
I'm pretty sure the team spent the extra time in the tunnel lifting weights.

Good. Good to hear. Feel much better now.

Pigface1
9/7/2010, 09:30 AM
This coming Saturday, I fully expect them to exit the tunnel in a great way.

SteelClip49
9/7/2010, 10:20 AM
21-0 is a good start against a team of this caliber if it's all in the first quarter.

Yes it was 21-0 but that took longer than usual to get to and USU was playing well enough to fuel their comeback.

YukonSooner is spot on. Remember the BYU game last year? After the video was over it took a minute or so before we saw the swarm of players come out.

Widescreen
9/7/2010, 12:39 PM
I'm laughing at so many people around the web fretting about the timing of the video and the team appearing. Have we really reached the stage where we're desperate to find an explanation for poor performance?

We played like crap, people. It happens. Hopefully it won't happen again the rest of the season. But let's not act like it was the pre-game video timing, or the phase of the moon, or the amount of traffic on I-35.

cvsooner
9/7/2010, 01:07 PM
A perfect metaphor: the Sooners were out of sync.

OKLA21FAN
9/7/2010, 03:05 PM
Hold the phone here folks. It had nothing to do by the team delaying their entrance. and had everything to do with the canceling of the 'big red rally' just days before the game. that has to be the reason and the catalyst for everything else that happened! :pop:

Collier11
9/7/2010, 03:07 PM
STEP often spends extra time in the "tunnel", thats what gets him up

oumartin
9/7/2010, 03:11 PM
If it was the entrance that caused that mess on the field saturday night then that should be a simple enough problem to fix. We're gonna roll now!!!

Collier11
9/7/2010, 03:14 PM
They should come out to the Men in Black song with black shades and suits on, thats certain to get them jacked up

Leroy Lizard
9/7/2010, 03:16 PM
I'm laughing at so many people around the web fretting about the timing of the video and the team appearing. Have we really reached the stage where we're desperate to find an explanation for poor performance?

We reached that point a long time ago. But then again, so have the fans of all teams. It's typical of fans to try and root out the causes for a substandard performance and to focus on the superficial.

And in a way, it allows fans to refrain from giving credit to the opposing team. USU fans probably herded in here to see posts extolling how well USU played and how much better their players are than was expected. USU gave us a hard time and if I was a USU fan I would love seeing some respect thrown my team's way from a fan base used to winning football. But instead, they'll see one post after another talking about how the Sooners are really a lot better, but that damn game intro sucked away their enthusiasm, or the Sooner QB played scared.

Collier11
9/7/2010, 03:17 PM
We win by 14 this week and we will be the greatest team EVAR...it never fails

OKLA21FAN
9/7/2010, 03:22 PM
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Phil disable everyone's avatar before the game. I guess it's pretty serious.

ratherthanlater
9/7/2010, 03:38 PM
Did anyone by chance get to see any SEC team make their entrances? They were so damn fast they got on the field before the sound waves of the announcer saying "And here are your 2010 (insert team name here"!) could hit the ears of the people in the stands. As a matter of fact the sonic boom created by the teams entrances registered as 10.0 quakes. They were so damn fast they have to slow down the live feed so you can see them. And that isn't accounting for any drag created by the swagger with which they entered.

soonerborn30
9/7/2010, 03:39 PM
Except for Ole Miss.

Leroy Lizard
9/7/2010, 03:43 PM
Did anyone by chance get to see any SEC team make their entrances? They were so damn fast they got on the field before the sound waves of the announcer saying "And here are your 2010 (insert team name here"!) could hit the ears of the people in the stands. As a matter of fact the sonic boom created by the teams entrances registered as 10.0 quakes. They were so damn fast they have to slow down the live feed so you can see them. And that isn't accounting for any drag created by the swagger with which they entered.

I wonder if the length of the field contracted from the viewpoint of the players. Ike?

ratherthanlater
9/7/2010, 03:50 PM
Except for Ole Miss.

I have a cousin who told me his mother's best friend's hair-stylist is dating one of the players on Ole Miss and while they were eating at Red Lobster the player admitted two things...

First, they were holding back on a team they knew they could beat so as to not tip their hand to the rest of the SEC.

Second, the sonic boom they created while entering caused numerous injuries and deafened all the players.

These things combined to cause the downfall of Ole Miss.;)

soonerborn30
9/7/2010, 04:10 PM
Screwed by their own sonic boom. Boy, if I had a dime for every time that happened to me