85sooners
9/6/2010, 03:09 PM
:) :pop:

starclassic tama
9/6/2010, 03:12 PM
hopefully he can be a solid productive target for sam

stoopified
9/6/2010, 03:12 PM
With Clayton,Amondola(sp),Gilyard I think Sam will have three good young targets.

oumartin
9/6/2010, 03:19 PM
clayton has been in the nfl going on 6 years. Hardly young by nfl terms.

soonerinkaty
9/6/2010, 03:22 PM
Source?

primetime43
9/6/2010, 03:27 PM
clayton has been in the nfl going on 6 years. Hardly young by nfl terms.

He shouldn't have too much mileage on him since Joe Flacco never threw him the ball.:)

SoonerMom2
9/6/2010, 03:32 PM
ESPN is the source -- just came across the wire. Great news that Sam will have a Sooner to throw to.

bluedogok
9/6/2010, 03:32 PM
Source?
stltoday.com - Rams trade for Ravens WR Mark Clayton (http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-report/article_289b205e-b9f0-11df-9006-00127992bc8b.html)

The Baltimore Sun - Ravens Insider: Clayton traded to Rams for late-round pick (http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/09/clayton_traded_to_rams_for_lateround_pick.html)

adoniijahsooner
9/6/2010, 03:36 PM
Dallas was my favorite team for years, now its a toss between them and the rams

sooner59
9/6/2010, 03:42 PM
With Clayton,Amondola(sp),Gilyard I think Sam will have three good young targets.

From what we saw in the preseason from the Rams' rookie TE (who's name I can't pronounce), he has 4 targets with a lot of upside.

ouduckhunter
9/6/2010, 03:52 PM
Sweet!! :D

Soonermagik
9/6/2010, 04:19 PM
That's awesome!!!

OU-HSV
9/6/2010, 05:34 PM
This is excellent news for Sam and the Rams, and for that matter it's excellent news for Mark as well, especially since the Ravens just picked up TJ Whosyermomma today...kinda let Mark know they were probably looking past him at this point.

Curly Bill
9/6/2010, 05:36 PM
Cool news. I hope this leads to a revival of sorts for Mark.

GKeeper316
9/6/2010, 05:41 PM
Well that throws a monkey wrench into my search for a new NFL team (had to ditch the Bears... couldn't stand seeing myself wearing orange).

I thought I had settled on the Raiders (closest team to where I was born), but now I think I might have to go Rams...

Jason White's Third Knee
9/6/2010, 05:46 PM
I haven't paid much attention to pros since I moved from Dallas almost a decade ago.

Now, I can watch the Bears, the Vikes and my new fav, the Rams. Woot! I am gonna get a Bradford jersey!

btk108
9/6/2010, 06:00 PM
AWESOME!

SunnySooner
9/6/2010, 06:14 PM
That is beyond cool, gonna be fun to watch.

yermom
9/6/2010, 06:17 PM
can they pick up AD next? :D

diegosooner
9/6/2010, 06:36 PM
Good news all the way around.

diegosooner
9/6/2010, 06:37 PM
How bad was Mark's concussion? This is the first I've read about it.

AZSOONER
9/6/2010, 06:40 PM

I'd rather he has 4 good o-linemen than 4 good recievers.

OU-HSV
9/6/2010, 06:41 PM
How bad was Mark's concussion? This is the first I've read about it.

Not sure but my fantasy football info on his profile says he ought to be okay to play opening weekend

OU-HSV
9/6/2010, 06:48 PM
Here's the two latest fantasy football news blurbs about Mark:

Clayton (concussion) has been traded to the Rams for "late round considerations," Jamison Hensley of the Baltimore Sun reports.

Analysis: This is a good landing spot for Clayton, as there is certainly a chance for him to carve out a significant role in the team's offense. The Rams are rolling with a rookie QB, but he's a promising one, and Clayton has now gone from being a spare part with the Ravens to a potential starter in St. Louis. He now merits late-round consideration when it's time to start throwing fantasy darts at receivers.

The Ravens are shopping Clayton (concussion) in the wake of signing T.J. Houshmandzadeh on Monday, the Baltimore Sun reports.

Analysis: Whether Clayton ends up being traded or released, he's no better than No. 4 on the Ravens' depth chart at the moment, and a change of address could result in him ending up somewhere where he has a chance to gain a more significant role. Coach John Harbaugh indicated he was optimistic Clayton would be ready to play in the season opener after sustaining a concussion Aug. 28, but now it looks like that will be for another team.

Eielson
9/6/2010, 09:06 PM
This eases the sting of losing Avery to a season ending knee injury a little bit. I wish we had both, though.

Leroy Lizard
9/6/2010, 09:49 PM
What's this "fantasy football" crap doing in SF?

JLEW1818
9/6/2010, 10:03 PM
Stoops best QB and WR get to team up, nice.

oh and 100% of what i just said is true. deal with that.

sooner59
9/6/2010, 10:16 PM
Agreed.

sooneron
9/6/2010, 10:18 PM
Flippin Sweet!!

OU-HSV
9/6/2010, 10:23 PM
What's this "fantasy football" crap doing in SF?

Just letting people know about his concussion. What, you don't play fantasy football I take it??

bent rider
9/6/2010, 10:36 PM
I'd rather he has 4 good o-linemen than 4 good recievers.

Yeah, receivers don't him much good if he doesn't have time to step back more than one step. I guess he needs some quick outlet guys.

If Rams rookie TE Michael Hoomanawanui pans-out in the games that count that will help.

SunnySooner
9/6/2010, 11:10 PM
It's "Ho-oh-maan-uh-waan-uh-new-ee", empahsis on "new". Just say "humuhumunukunukuapua'a" or Kalanianaole Highway a few times, you'll pick it up. ;)

VA Sooner
9/6/2010, 11:32 PM
Great news indeed! Need a veteran receiver on that team.

sooner94
9/6/2010, 11:36 PM
Dallas was my favorite team for years, now its a toss between them and the rams

I was thinking the same thing a few months ago. The cowboys lost the coin toss and now I have a Bradford Rams jersey. Jerry Jones made the decision easier.

Knippz
9/7/2010, 10:04 AM
AWESOME!

HBick
9/7/2010, 11:25 AM
Clayton as the #1 with Amendola as the 2 and Gilyard as the 3? Then the TE whose name I can't and never will be able to pronounce.

Hopefully Clayton can have a good year, he'd be a solid 2 next year if Avery comes back healthy

kelloggOUballa
9/7/2010, 11:28 AM
Well that throws a monkey wrench into my search for a new NFL team (had to ditch the Bears... couldn't stand seeing myself wearing orange).

I thought I had settled on the Raiders (closest team to where I was born), but now I think I might have to go Rams...

Well the Rams did used to play in LA...

kelloggOUballa
9/7/2010, 11:32 AM
Another great thing about it is that the Rams gave up popcorn and a coke to get MC.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/7/2010, 02:01 PM
for mark's sake, i hope spags tries to use mark like the pats use welker. guys that can intuitively work the small stuff don't grow on trees. with sam's accuracy clayton could torch some NFL catch records.

ouleaf
9/7/2010, 03:47 PM
Thank you, Jeebus!!!

I've been hoping and hoping that Mark would find his way out of Baltimore. He suffered for too long under average to bad QB's his whole career. Sure we'd see glimpses of what made him special here at OU, but he was targeted inconsistently and never had the chance to make a real impact.

While he is going to a team that is inferior to the one he is leaving, he can certainly help this team a lot more than he could have helped Baltimore. I don't think it's likely that Mark will start week one...he may play a few snaps, but I think the Rams will want to go with WR that are a little more familiar first and let Mark Clayton work his way in.

Pretty sure Laurent Robinson will be ther No. 1, Mark should be able to line up opposite as No. 2, and Amendola will move over to the slot receiver. Those 3 and S. Jackson as your check down will definitely help Sam out. All that won't matter though if the line can't block for him.

Eielson
9/7/2010, 11:15 PM
Clayton as the #1 with Amendola as the 2 and Gilyard as the 3? Then the TE whose name I can't and never will be able to pronounce.

Hopefully Clayton can have a good year, he'd be a solid 2 next year if Avery comes back healthy

With Avery going down, Laurent Robinson is the #1, and I think Amendola will be the #2 for now. I'm not sure where Gilyard stands, but I'm pretty confident it is lower than #3.