PDA

View Full Version : No "Fire Venables"? No "Fire KW"?

Leroy Lizard
9/6/2010, 11:51 AM
Is this the dawning of the Age of Aquarius?

Soonermagik
9/6/2010, 11:59 AM
That's next week if we lose.

85sooners
9/6/2010, 12:02 PM
:gary:

yankee
9/6/2010, 12:08 PM
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/070807/gallery/40year_l.jpg

oumartin
9/6/2010, 12:09 PM
Stoops doesn't know the word "fire" when it comes to assistants.

Besides, it was only one game. What if Utah State is the BCS buster this year? ;)

Wanna know what is kinda crazy about this Stoops and being some dominant at home. His two losses were against unranked inferior teams. Almost made it three

meoveryouxinfinity
9/6/2010, 12:12 PM
Stoops doesn't know the word "fire" when it comes to assistants.

Besides, it was only one game. What if Utah State is the BCS buster this year? ;)

Wanna know what is kinda crazy about this Stoops and being some dominant at home. His two losses were against unranked inferior teams. Almost made it three

just like BYU was going to be last year! We were going to get sam back and win the big XII and have a rematch with BYU in the NC!
:) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Collier11
9/6/2010, 12:14 PM
Well in all honesty, 98% of the time our defensive issues sat night werent due to the Def gameplan, they were due to our guys not making plays. They were in position most of the time

ashley
9/6/2010, 12:21 PM
The 2%ers must be sleeping late.

oudavid1
9/6/2010, 04:21 PM
The 2%ers must be sleeping late.

http://blogs.ajc.com/junkyard-blawg/files/2009/08/dez-bryant.jpg

I dont really want to get in to it, but the coaches made good adjustments in the end.

soonervegas
9/6/2010, 04:36 PM
Well in all honesty, 98% of the time our defensive issues sat night werent due to the Def gameplan, they were due to our guys not making plays. They were in position most of the time

This. Now next week if the D has played their guts out and it is 14-10 OU with 2 minutes left and we let Ponder dink and dunk down the field against our prevent.......then yeah I'll probably bitch.

Curly Bill
9/6/2010, 05:22 PM
Hell, Bob ain't gonna fire his buddys. We've just learned to live with it. :D

King Crimson
9/6/2010, 05:31 PM
my dad thinks KW is allergic to throwing to the TE.

pops also spent the Sugar Bowl yelling "Chuck, run the ball out of the gawddawmned I!!!!"

oudavid1
9/6/2010, 05:39 PM

pops also spent the Sugar Bowl yelling "Chuck, run the ball out of the gawddawmned I!!!!"

well we went from Gresham to a walk-on Trent Raterree (spell).

mightysooner
9/6/2010, 07:48 PM

Your dad is a smart man. Running the football out of the shotgun sucks, and yes, we seem to have an allergic reaction to utilizing a TE in the passing game versus just another offensive tackle. It's the Big 10 mentality.

Joe
9/6/2010, 09:10 PM
Hell, Bob ain't gonna fire his buddys. We've just learned to live with it. :D

:D :D

Leroy Lizard
9/6/2010, 09:47 PM
Where's Curly? He's always good for a good jab at KW.

EDIT: Sorry Curly. I see you already weighed in.

AlbqSooner
9/7/2010, 06:13 AM
It was the first game of the season. The posters here are still a bit tentative.

gaylordfan1
9/7/2010, 08:00 AM
I don't think we have a reliable TE to pass to. Or I think we would have used them sat. I wonder if we see Millard playing a little TE. I re-watched the game and noticed how great he played, made some key blocks. Hell, he always had his hat on somebody!

I didn't hear it personally, but one of my buddies was telling me that he heard coach V talking about how USU offense was one of the toughest he has had to prepare for. That they could run all of their plays out of one set. Which after re-watching the game (sober) I see what he was talking about. Every play involved faking to the FB(or handing it off to him) and then faking to the RB(or handing it off to him) and then running a pass play. A lot of zone reads with the QB, which we always have a difficult time defending. This kinda makes me nervous to see how we play against Air Force.

Soonermagik
9/7/2010, 08:10 AM
I don't think we have a reliable TE to pass to. Or I think we would have used them sat. I wonder if we see Millard playing a little TE. I re-watched the game and noticed how great he played, made some key blocks. Hell, he always had his hat on somebody!

I didn't hear it personally, but one of my buddies was telling me that he heard coach V talking about how USU offense was one of the toughest he has had to prepare for. That they could run all of their plays out of one set. Which after re-watching the game (sober) I see what he was talking about. Every play involved faking to the FB(or handing it off to him) and then faking to the RB(or handing it off to him) and then running a pass play. A lot of zone reads with the QB, which we always have a difficult time defending. This kinda makes me nervous to see how we play against Air Force.

I think you're on to something. However, you have to remember this was a weird game. OU was up 21 to 0 in the 1st quarter. Then they took their foot off the gas and made some really dumb mistakes to keep the door open.

On top of that, they ran ultra vanilla schemes. They didn't want to give FSU anything to plan for. It's harder to have offensive success when you're running such vanilla schemes. They still managed to run the ball down their throats.

Lastly, they could have punched in another TD at the end, but didn't want to chance it.

gaylordfan1
9/7/2010, 08:25 AM
Lastly, they could have punched in another TD at the end, but didn't want to chance it.

Yea, I noticed that after watching it a second time. I know it would have looked bad on our part but I still wish we would have just ran the ball a couple of more times instead of taking a knee with over a minute left. If we score we score.

soonerborn30
9/7/2010, 09:15 AM
Help me out here. If the scheme we ran really was the most boring of vanilla flavors, and we still had problems executing a pass play to anyone not named Broyles, isn't that a problem? Is it incorrect to think that if we couldn't pull off vanilla that we're going to have major problems pulling off Neopolitan?

I'm not being an ***, I really don't understand this. Somebody help me here.

OUmillenium
9/7/2010, 09:32 AM
I think you're on to something. However, you have to remember this was a weird game. OU was up 21 to 0 in the 1st quarter. Then they took their foot off the gas and made some really dumb mistakes to keep the door open.

On top of that, they ran ultra vanilla schemes. They didn't want to give FSU anything to plan for. It's harder to have offensive success when you're running such vanilla schemes. They still managed to run the ball down their throats.

This^

If we look like dog excrement this week, then this board will light up with fire coordinator threads. Which we very well might.

rawlingsHOH
9/7/2010, 10:17 AM

True, but we were basically using a defensive scheme that we almost never use. Both corners on islands with little top help.

rawlingsHOH
9/7/2010, 10:18 AM
Your dad is a smart man. Running the football out of the shotgun sucks, and yes, we seem to have an allergic reaction to utilizing a TE in the passing game versus just another offensive tackle. It's the Big 10 mentality.

Yet Gresham was an All-American?

rawlingsHOH
9/7/2010, 10:22 AM
Yea, I noticed that after watching it a second time. I know it would have looked bad on our part but I still wish we would have just ran the ball a couple of more times instead of taking a knee with over a minute left. If we score we score.

And if we fumble and they score?

Take the W and look towards FSU.

goingoneight
9/7/2010, 12:08 PM
When the 4th quarter rolls around in a game like that, you can't be foolish with the ball. Ask Beamer where that got him. We weren't getting any style points for winning that game, we needed to be concerned with just taking the W.

Okie35
9/7/2010, 12:10 PM
And if we fumble and they score?

Take the W and look towards FSU.

Yea better safe than sorry.... and a loser.

StoopTroup
9/7/2010, 12:21 PM
It was the first game of the season. The posters here are still a bit tentative.

Not only that....but a good amount of them act like they are responding to what some aggie down at Atwoods told them about the game because their Uncle Ted who promised to pay for the PPV got drunk before the game and ran everybody off and broke off the attenna on their truck as they were pulling out of the driveway and they ended up missing whole the damn game.

OU_Sooners75
9/7/2010, 12:23 PM
Fire Leroy Lizard!!!!