9/6/2010, 09:42 AM
just saying.

oumartin
9/6/2010, 09:54 AM
thats nut's.

Might wanna head to vegas

soonerhubs
9/6/2010, 09:58 AM
Road trip. I'll drive, Martin you provide the Dr Pepper.

oumartin
9/6/2010, 10:12 AM
U can't drink Dr. Pepper! but sounds good

soonerhubs
9/6/2010, 10:18 AM
U can't drink Dr. Pepper! but sounds good

Code Red Mt Dew then, and we only stop for gas when the fuel light kicks on, so plan accordingly. Also, we pick up Flag if he agrees to behave.

Seriously though did Vegas watch Saturday's game?

Crucifax Autumn
9/6/2010, 10:19 AM
It's still OU at home. Even last year we took care of business in Norman.

King Crimson
9/6/2010, 10:28 AM
It's still OU at home. Even last year we took care of business in Norman.

yeah, but 8.5 is a creepy number. that's two scores.

by thursday it will be around 6.5 or 7.

MrJimBeam
9/6/2010, 10:30 AM
Vegas knows.

OK2LA
9/6/2010, 10:32 AM
OU isn't as "bad" as they appeared on Saturday, and FSU likely isn't as good as a 56 point win suggests.

oumartin
9/6/2010, 10:34 AM
I don't really understand how vegas and the numbers work. so if everyone starts picin' fsu will the number go down? or is it just injuries and whatnot?

8.5 just seems like way to much

oumartin
9/6/2010, 10:35 AM
Code Red Mt Dew then, and we only stop for gas when the fuel light kicks on, so plan accordingly. Also, we pick up Flag if he agrees to behave.

Seriously though did Vegas watch Saturday's game?

bring some empty beer bottles for me to whiz in then

soonerhubs
9/6/2010, 10:39 AM
bring some empty beer bottles for me to whiz in then

Tic tac sir?

OK2LA
9/6/2010, 10:44 AM
Well done. Well done.

stoopified
9/6/2010, 10:48 AM
I can't bet agaunst OU but I don't like the spread.

badger
9/6/2010, 10:51 AM
OVER! OVER! OVER! OVER! OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D wishful thinkin'

Curly Bill
9/6/2010, 11:05 AM
Yup, if I was into bettin against OU I'd be all over this one.

Leroy Lizard
9/6/2010, 11:42 AM
I could have seen maybe +3.

TMcGee86
9/6/2010, 11:47 AM
Vegas must be banking on the fact that no one saw that game and the stupid money will come out in favor of OU on name recognition alone.

HolaKyle
9/6/2010, 11:56 AM
I can't bet agaunst OU but I don't like the spread.

I thought we have done a pretty good job at running the spread the past few years. What do you want us to do? Go back to the wishbone?
;)

rawlingsHOH
9/6/2010, 11:56 AM
I don't really understand how vegas and the numbers work. so if everyone starts picin' fsu will the number go down? or is it just injuries and whatnot?

8.5 just seems like way to much

they set the initial line intending/anticipating to get equal bets on both sides. if the bets are going heavy one way, they will adjust the line to reflect that.

IronHorseSooner
9/6/2010, 12:15 PM
I have heard, but never confirmed, that some teams are given larger point spreads depending on how strong they are at home. The max for anybody is 7 points, which is what we get. I expect this game to go to about 7 before kick off, which it means that, in the minds of experts, if this was played on a neutral field, it would be a pick'em.

Collier11
9/6/2010, 12:17 PM
Heisman campaigns come to Norman to die

oumartin
9/6/2010, 12:21 PM
Heisman campaigns come to Norman to die

Seneca Wallace agrees

JLEW1818
9/6/2010, 12:31 PM
I have heard, but never confirmed, that some teams are given larger point spreads depending on how strong they are at home. The max for anybody is 7 points, which is what we get. I expect this game to go to about 7 before kick off, which it means that, in the minds of experts, if this was played on a neutral field, it would be a pick'em.

If OU blows out Utah State last week the spead would be 14-14.5 today.

I do expect the spread to get down to 7 by kickoff.

I remember the last time a team was a 7 point dog in Norman.......
---- see 2008 Texas Tech

(again i never bet on my team, ever)

StoopTroup
9/6/2010, 12:35 PM
I understand folks saying we have work to do....I don't understand folks every week spending their time and money with an attitude of "The End is Near" every year. We've got one of the best Head Coaches, if not the best, who has Assistants he trusts to do their job. Every year he puts the best he can assemble on the field and on the sidelines. Bob is loyal and he expects the same loyalty. It seems many folks would rather see Bob roll around like a Marine DI barking and pushing folks to perform. I see him as a no BS kind of guy that makes a decision and sticks to it throughout the season and challenging everyone to be a Champion on the next play even if they blew it on the last down. He never lets them give up. The only time I ever saw him lose control of the Team and his ethic was in the Orange Bowl against SUC. Since then...he continued to get his team to compete every snap for the rest of the game just like he did at the Sugar Bowl against LSU. The Boise State BCS Game was unfortunate....but Bob is a stand up guy who gives credit to the opponents when they beat us or play us close. I like his style. Even in a loss he gets our boys ready for the next week without there being a complete meltdown. An amazing man that my Son will tell his Son about just like I tell my Son about Coach Switzer.

8.5 would seem to be begging folks to take FSU and the points on the road as I think even the experts are sure who will show up next Saturday and lead their team to victory. If you have two storied programs who both had rough openers...it would only make sense IMO to have the Home Team give up 7+.

TahoeSOONER
9/6/2010, 12:35 PM
Stay far away from that line.

Collier11
9/6/2010, 12:38 PM
I understand folks saying we have work to do....I don't understand folks every week spending their time and money with an attitude of "The End is Near" every year. We've got one of the best Head Coaches, if not the best, who has Assistants he trusts to do their job. Every year he puts the best he can assemble on the field and on the sidelines. Bob is loyal and he expects the same loyalty. It seems many folks would rather see Bob roll around like a Marine DI barking and pushing folks to perform. I see him as a no BS kind of guy that makes a decision and sticks to it throughout the season and challenging everyone to be a Champion on the next play even if they blew it on the last down. He never lets them give up. The only time I ever saw him lose control of the Team and his ethic was in the Orange Bowl against SUC. Since then...he continued to get his team to compete every snap for the rest of the game just like he did at the Sugar Bowl against LSU. The Boise State BCS Game was unfortunate....but Bob is a stand up guy who gives credit to the opponents when they beat us or play us close. I like his style. Even in a loss he gets our boys ready for the next week without there being a complete meltdown. An amazing man that my Son will tell his Son about just like I tell my Son about Coach Switzer.

8.5 would seem to be begging folks to take FSU and the points on the road as I think even the experts are sure who will show up next Saturday and lead their team to victory. If you have two storied programs who both had rough openers...it would only make sense IMO to have the Home Team give up 7+.

No point fighting it, football makes peoples brains shut off, we know this. If we beat FSU by 14 or more this week all will be forgotten and we will now be the national title front runner :D

StoopTroup
9/6/2010, 12:48 PM
No point fighting it, football makes peoples brains shut off, we know this.

I'll not waiver. I know what I saw Saturday and at the Sun Bowl. Bad game or not...Landry and our boys have learned how to put a "W" on the board. We might not break any records or even have guys wins personal awards like the Heisman, Lombardi, O'brien.... What we will see is a bunch of Crimson and Cream to the bone players win a bunch of games. Saturday humbled some guys that IMO needed a head check. I think we are going to see some really great wins this year and by the time the regular seasons games have us heading towards stoolwater...we will have turned some heads and possibly be in position to win the South Division again.

After the game in stoolwater in 2000...I wasn't sure we could beat k-state again....I was wrong. Guys stepped up and we went on to post another NC. I just have a feeling about this squad. I saw how they put it together in El Paso and how they rallied to put an end to Saturdays challenge. There is just something there that hasn't been there in a long time IMO.

Since71ASooner4Life
9/6/2010, 01:07 PM
they set the initial line intending/anticipating to get equal bets on both sides. if the bets are going heavy one way, they will adjust the line to reflect that.

Absolutely. You could say that Vegas knows nothing, other that how many people have bet each way. Their goal as "the house" is to have an equal number bets winning and losing regardless which team wins, and to make money off of each better by charging a spread. The reality is nobody is betting against the house, they are betting against one another.

adoniijahsooner
9/6/2010, 01:47 PM
I'll not waiver. I know what I saw Saturday and at the Sun Bowl. Bad game or not...Landry and our boys have learned how to put a "W" on the board. We might not break any records or even have guys wins personal awards like the Heisman, Lombardi, O'brien.... What we will see is a bunch of Crimson and Cream to the bone players win a bunch of games. Saturday humbled some guys that IMO needed a head check. I think we are going to see some really great wins this year and by the time the regular seasons games have us heading towards stoolwater...we will have turned some heads and possibly be in position to win the South Division again.

After the game in stoolwater in 2000...I wasn't sure we could beat k-state again....I was wrong. Guys stepped up and we went on to post another NC. I just have a feeling about this squad. I saw how they put it together in El Paso and how they rallied to put an end to Saturdays challenge. There is just something there that hasn't been there in a long time IMO.

I think that is my problem....i didnt see the game with my own eyes. I had to listen to it be gargled to me by Barry Sr.. I do think we run the table if Landry gets his mind straight and stop losing focus. In years past we may have loss that Stanford game, and these guys are mentally tough enough to never give up, they dont lay down. We beat FSU by 14 points this weekend!

Collier11
9/6/2010, 01:48 PM
These type of games happen, it means nothing now other than 1-0, the key is if we improve where we made mistakes. We will learn alot about our team this week

soonervegas
9/6/2010, 02:01 PM
The casual fan has a chance to get beheaded on this spread.

oumartin
9/6/2010, 02:03 PM
The casual fan has a chance to get beheaded on this spread.

I'm guessing Hubler and I can stay at your house when we make our trek to vegas to lay our life savings on fsu?

rawlingsHOH
9/6/2010, 02:53 PM

Who are you talking about?

IronHorseSooner
9/6/2010, 02:59 PM
I didn't understand that quote either????

oudavid1
9/6/2010, 04:18 PM
Id bet on FSU.

Collier11
9/6/2010, 04:19 PM
Go check our average margin of victory at home under Stoops

oudavid1
9/6/2010, 04:25 PM
Go check our average margin of victory at home under Stoops

you taking to me colly?

soonerhubs
9/6/2010, 04:28 PM
I'm guessing Hubler and I can stay at your house when we make our trek to vegas to lay our life savings on fsu?

:pop:

Collier11
9/6/2010, 04:28 PM
yep, especially against ranked teams. People are freaking out cus of a bad game against Utah st. when in reality, if we had not fallen asleep and won by 20 or 30, we'd be a 11 or 12 pt fav IMO.

Before the season I saw this as a 10-14 pt win type of game and I still see it that way

TXBOOMER
9/6/2010, 04:31 PM
If OU blows out Utah State last week the spead would be 14-14.5 today.

I do expect the spread to get down to 7 by kickoff.

I remember the last time a team was a 7 point dog in Norman.......
---- see 2008 Texas Tech

(again i never bet on my team, ever)

I remember a dude by the name of Sam Bradford throwing the ball in that game.

oudavid1
9/6/2010, 04:31 PM
yep, especially against ranked teams. People are freaking out cus of a bad game against Utah st. when in reality, if we had not fallen asleep and won by 20 or 30, we'd be a 11 or 12 pt fav IMO.

Before the season I saw this as a 10-14 pt win type of game and I still see it that way

I hope your right, but the problem is we cant cover for those extra seconds that Ponder will create against our Defensive Line, i think they keep it closer but maybe the score is low because we have a better chance of being more rested and extending drives. Florida State wont score as fast as USU did.