PDA

View Full Version : Machete

royalfan5
9/6/2010, 08:04 AM
I'm going to check it out this afternoon. I am encouraged by the trailers they where airing during the football games that referenced all the violence and nudity. Plus, Stephen Segal and DeNiro. And Don Johnson and Cheech Marin. And an assortment of actresses that vary in their appeal to me. Anyone see it yet?

yermom
9/6/2010, 08:23 AM
i hope you like Mexicans :)

SanJoaquinSooner
9/6/2010, 11:26 AM
In case you missed the Machete clip I posted in the Ms. Arizona governor thread, check it out:

NSFW: http://www.wwtdd.com/2010/09/machete-is-gonna-be-a-good-movie/

47straight
9/6/2010, 12:32 PM
In case you missed the Machete clip I posted in the Ms. Arizona governor thread, check it out:

NSFW: http://www.wwtdd.com/2010/09/machete-is-gonna-be-a-good-movie/

Way to dispell reconquistador fears.

yermom
9/6/2010, 03:35 PM
Lohan is so body doubled it's not even funny :D

Texas is a little pissed at Mr. Rodriguez on this one. he's always pissing someone off...

it's still so weird that he does those Spy Kids movies

royalfan5
9/6/2010, 04:03 PM
Lohan is so body doubled it's not even funny :D

Texas is a little pissed at Mr. Rodriguez on this one. he's always pissing someone off...

it's still so weird that he does those Spy Kids movies
Machete was introduced in the first Spy Kids movie. It's almost a spinoff of that. Also, I enjoyed the **** out of the movie.

yermom
9/6/2010, 04:26 PM
heh. i never saw the first one

they kinda started in the part of 4 Rooms he did

SanJoaquinSooner
9/6/2010, 08:13 PM
Way to dispell reconquistador fears.

You're reading way too much in the scene of that clip. The point of it is that cool cell phone carrying case.

yermom
9/6/2010, 08:15 PM
i'd like one for my iPhone :D

47straight
9/7/2010, 11:34 AM
You're reading way too much in the scene of that clip. The point of it is that cool cell phone carrying case.

Sorry, I actually didn't click on it b/c of the NSFW and I *assumed* it was the special trailer they put out to poke fun at the Arizona immigration bill.

I'm a jackass.

ouleaf
9/7/2010, 01:30 PM
Pretty good movie overall I thought, considering the whole thing came from a fake trailor. Pretty solid casting job I thought too. De Niro was awesome. Segal was more of punchline than anything else. Alba and Rodriguez were both smoking hot. Mix that in with tons of bloody violence and i'd give it a solid B grade.

King Crimson
9/7/2010, 03:18 PM
i'm going to go see it.

in an otherwise amazingly bad summer for film.

47straight
9/7/2010, 08:42 PM
Pretty good movie overall I thought, considering the whole thing came from a fake trailor. Pretty solid casting job I thought too. De Niro was awesome. Segal was more of punchline than anything else. Alba and Rodriguez were both smoking hot. Mix that in with tons of bloody violence and i'd give it a solid B grade.

Rodriquez's body double was smoking hot. My buddy dated said body double! Lucky bastard.

SteelCitySooner
9/8/2010, 01:56 AM
Don't be dissin' my girl Rodriguez. Have I told you I got to party with her in Honolulu a few years back when she was doing lost? And when I say party.. nevermind.. She's a blast to be with. All I can say.. :D

yermom
9/8/2010, 02:44 AM
i hope she wasn't your ride home :D

pilobolus
9/8/2010, 08:38 AM
That's what I love about internet message boards, everyone is rich, hangs with movie stars, smart, and pretty much whatever they want to be.:rolleyes:

Tulsa_Fireman
9/8/2010, 01:32 PM
Abe Vigoda let me feel his boob once.

Mississippi Sooner
9/8/2010, 01:39 PM
Abe Vigoda let me feel his boob once.

Amazing how a sentence can make me laugh and feel nauseated at the same time.

MR2-Sooner86
3/4/2011, 10:20 PM
I just watched this for the first time.

F*CKIN A!

StoopTroup
3/4/2011, 10:26 PM
Machete was introduced in the first Spy Kids movie. It's almost a spinoff of that. Also, I enjoyed the **** out of the movie.

Yep. My kids turned the channel to the Spy Kids Movie the other day and I immediately realized he'd used the character in it before. I know I'd seen Spy Kids when it came out and I saw Machete a few weeks ago...I just never put that info together until last weekend.

The guy is pretty amazing as he's one ugly SOB but somehow he's been able to get so many movies.

yermom
3/4/2011, 10:29 PM
well, i think he's in about every Rodriguez flick. i don't think i'd seen him before Desperado

Scott D
3/4/2011, 10:31 PM
well, i think he's in about every Rodriguez flick. i don't think i'd seen him before Desperado

really? You never saw Danny Trejo before then?

Personally I'm holding out for a flick starring Danny Trejo and Bolo Yeung as the heroes.

yermom
3/4/2011, 10:32 PM
Chong Li! Chong Li!

i guess i saw him in other stuff, i just didn't remember him in such quality flicks as Bulletproof, Whore and Marked for Death :D

StoopTroup
3/4/2011, 10:43 PM

You'd seen him....you just didn't realize that he'd become so successful....

Runaway Train Boxer
Penitentiary III
The Hidden Prisoner
Death Wish 4: The Crackdown
Bulletproof
1989 Kinjite: Forbidden Subjects
Lock Up
Bail Out
1990Drug Wars: The Camarena Story
Guns
Maniac Cop 2
Marked for Death
The Last Hour
Mi Vida Loca
Whore
Wedlock
Femme Fatale
Carnal Crimes
Lonely Hearts
Baywatch - episode: Point of Attack
1992 Reasonable Doubts episode - The Shadow of Death
Nails
Baywatch episode: Masquerade
Sunset Grill
Blood in Blood Out
Doppelganger
Mi Vida Loca
12:01
Last Light
Love, Cheat & Steal
Criminal Passion
Against The Wall
Dead Badge
The Stranger

King Crimson
3/5/2011, 07:07 AM
who can forget 1985's runaway train boxer?

"Machete don't text".

mi vida loca is actually a good film on the trejo early years. no clue why it's listed in both 91 and 93.