PDA

View Full Version : Sooner Football in Amsterdam

TexasEx4OU
9/6/2010, 03:30 AM
This is probably a long shot, but I have to be in Amsterdam this weekend for a trade show, so will obviously be in need of a way to watch the FSU game that doesn't involve justin.tv. Any recommendations?

Crucifax Autumn
9/6/2010, 04:22 AM
Hash bar. You'll think you saw the game.

GKeeper316
9/6/2010, 04:24 AM
find an american ex-pat bar and hope they have a good satellite package...

MeMyself&Me
9/6/2010, 05:13 AM
Slingbox is the way to go if you travel all that much at all.

unbiasedtruth
9/6/2010, 05:44 AM
I agree with Cru... good times to be had in Amsterdam....

Sam.England
9/6/2010, 06:10 AM
If you have computer access there is espnplayer over here which Im sure has the game, but will be like $15 for it!

As far as bars go Im really not sure. I know there is quite a following in Holland, but just depends what games they get!

I know ESPN is showing the game here in England, but its on "as live" on the Sunday!

oufan1
9/6/2010, 08:07 AM
Justin TV with a VPN works well

stoopified
9/6/2010, 10:58 AM
Redlight district?If you can't watch the game,at least you can Boomer your Sooner.

illinisooner
9/6/2010, 11:47 AM
Well, this is kind of a shot in the dark but there's a place called the Euro Pub near Dam Square where a bunch of US fans met up before the US/Holland soccer game back in March...it's American friendly so they might have ESPN America on, or if you asked. My other piece of advice would be to hit up one of the hostels and ask some of the staff (some are Americans) if there are any places to watch. Alternatively, I don't know if there's a Marriott in Amsterdam, but they will have a "Champions" Sports Bar there (they do in most big Marriotts) and they usually have ESPN America on if it's outside of the US. That's pretty much all the help I can give you, I've only been to Amsterdam twice but since it's on a Saturday, you might find competition on bar TV's from Ajax or whatever Dutch soccer club is playing that night.

Jacie
9/6/2010, 11:58 AM
I think the Amsterdam local channel that normally broadcasts shows on tulip cultivation, dike repair and wooden shoe carving will pre-empt the normal lineup for OU . . .

47straight
9/6/2010, 12:38 PM
ESPN America is showing it at 7 am Sunday morning. Find a cafe or bar with ESPN America.

MR2-Sooner86
9/6/2010, 12:49 PM
What about http://espn.go.com/espn3/index which usually has all ABC and ESPN games on there to stream. If I'm not mistaken the FSU game will be on ABC.

bluedogok
9/6/2010, 02:23 PM
What about http://espn.go.com/espn3/index which usually has all ABC and ESPN games on there to stream. If I'm not mistaken the FSU game will be on ABC.
That only works if you have internet service through an approved (meaning contracted) provider. They just announced last week that Time Warner Austin and Disney have come to an agreement for carriage rights and will have ESPN3, but it hasn't happened yet so if your provided hasn't come to terms with Disney you are out of luck.

Yes, it is on ABC.

oufan1
9/6/2010, 11:50 PM
That only works if you have internet service through an approved (meaning contracted) provider. They just announced last week that Time Warner Austin and Disney have come to an agreement for carriage rights and will have ESPN3, but it hasn't happened yet so if your provided hasn't come to terms with Disney you are out of luck.

Yes, it is on ABC.

If your out of the country you can still buy access to the game on ESPN3... if your in the US you have to have a contracted provider.