PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa vs. East Carolina

Crimsontothecore
9/5/2010, 07:01 PM
Just an observation. TU went on the road and played a helluva game. EC trailed 49-45 with 5 seconds left and facing fourth down on TU's 33 yard line. The EC QB threw a jump ball into the end zone as time expired and an EC receiver came down with the game winning TD to win the game 51-49.

Now, I know that when all the local sports personalities on radio and TV analyze the performances of the state teams this weekend, they will give TU kudos for a game well played and they will shred OU for an unimpressive win.

I'm not sure what point I'm trying to make other than the fact that we still won in spite of poor execution and I'll take an ugly win any day over playing well and losing in the end.

badger
9/5/2010, 07:13 PM
Much like Bois Estate has to win every game to get considered for the BCS, mid-major conference teams are under their own kind of pressure to win and win often.

In Conference USA, it isn't like the Big 12 where practically every team with a winning record gets to some type of postseason bowl. Bowl bids go to only a few teams.

Tulsa really needed to get a win when they were so close to start their conference season strong, and they will need to continue to have strong showings to be able to compete not just for the conference title, but also, to get to a bowl.

Alas, wasn't meant to be today. However, they looked better than last season, so that's a positive. Good luck, Golden Hurricane.

Crucifax Autumn
9/5/2010, 07:47 PM
Exciting game. Defenses sucked, offenses fun.

TUSooner
9/5/2010, 09:10 PM
I still have not heard why Tulsa went for 2 in the 1st half and 2 more times thereafter. Unless I hear an amazing explanation, I must say the head coach blew it with each of those stupid decisions. And by calling them stupid I am being as nice as I possibly can be.

PDXsooner
9/5/2010, 09:14 PM
You watch this game long enough, and you'll take any win. People have short memories. No one will remember OU's performance in week 1 if we beat Florida State.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/6/2010, 12:15 AM
cant believe tulsa was favored like that on the road