K State
Colorado
Kansas

Disappointing:
Oklahoma
Texas

Eielson
9/5/2010, 01:56 PM
Kansas losing to ND State is more than a mild surprise for me.

badger
9/5/2010, 02:10 PM
Showings in order of awesomeness:

1- Kansas State defeating UCLA: A big name opponent that allegedly draws top recruits away from USC. Plus, a big home crowd that probably appreciated not playing Popcorn State for once in the non-conference schedule. Take note, Snyder!

2- Nebraska over WKU: Yes, the red puffy mascot team sucks, but they needed a QB who could complement their strong D, and they found a new Scrambles McOption.

3- Colorado over CSU: Colorado really, really needed this win. They need every win they can get, but this one especially, with the in-state rival and Dan Hawkins in the hot seat.

4- OSU over Wazzu: Weak opponent, yes, but I am more than mildly disappointed that their talent turnover didn't result in at least a few signs of weakness. Everytime I peaked at the game, it was never in question.

5- Mizz over Ill: Illnois led pretty much the entire game and fought back. Did you know that Blaine Gabbert is the first 5-star recruit in Mizzou history? Well, Mizzou did not look strong in victory, but kudos for coming from behind late in the game.

6- Texas A&M over SFA: I didn't see any of this game, but I checked their message board. Some gloating over UT's and OU's struggles, but they were quick to point out that they, too, struggled vs. Utah State last year.

7- Baylor over SHSU: Didn't see or hear of this one either, so I'll stick it in the middle as well.

8- Texas over Rice: I giggled at the highlights of this game. They are not on solid footing yet with Gilbert Godfrey. Rice probably put up a few too many points against them too... and did I read correctly that they were losing at one point, or at least tied? Hehehehe

9- OU escapes Utah State: Utah State had a very highly ranked offense last season and put up a fight against A&M, so don't be too hard on the team. But... only a touchdown victory, and yes, I know we would have scored at the end if we didn't take a few knees. No excuse. Secondary needs to stop getting beat, and o-line needs to block for Landry (although they blocked for Demarco quite well). Penalties... uggggggh.

10- Iowa State over NIU: I saw this game on Thursday... ugly, ugly win against a mediocre opponent at home. Too many mistakes, too much early season excitement, I guess. Their QB needs to calm the eff down.

11- KU loses to nobody: Perhaps the coddle monster Turner Gill wasn't the best fit for a team of misfits and rejects that most big schools don't recruit.

TBD: Tech vs. Smoo Ponies at 2:30 p.m. Oklahoma time on ESPN... or ESPN 2.

Okie35
9/5/2010, 03:18 PM
Showings in order of awesomeness:

1- Kansas State defeating UCLA: A big name opponent that allegedly draws top recruits away from USC. Plus, a big home crowd that probably appreciated not playing Popcorn State for once in the non-conference schedule. Take note, Snyder!

2- Nebraska over WKU: Yes, the red puffy mascot team sucks, but they needed a QB who could complement their strong D, and they found a new Scrambles McOption.

3- Colorado over CSU: Colorado really, really needed this win. They need every win they can get, but this one especially, with the in-state rival and Dan Hawkins in the hot seat.

4- OSU over Wazzu: Weak opponent, yes, but I am more than mildly disappointed that their talent turnover didn't result in at least a few signs of weakness. Everytime I peaked at the game, it was never in question.

5- Mizz over Ill: Illnois led pretty much the entire game and fought back. Did you know that Blaine Gabbert is the first 5-star recruit in Mizzou history? Well, Mizzou did not look strong in victory, but kudos for coming from behind late in the game.

6- Texas A&M over SFA: I didn't see any of this game, but I checked their message board. Some gloating over UT's and OU's struggles, but they were quick to point out that they, too, struggled vs. Utah State last year.

7- Baylor over SHSU: Didn't see or hear of this one either, so I'll stick it in the middle as well.

8- Texas over Rice: I giggled at the highlights of this game. They are not on solid footing yet with Gilbert Godfrey. Rice probably put up a few too many points against them too... and did I read correctly that they were losing at one point, or at least tied? Hehehehe

9- OU escapes Utah State: Utah State had a very highly ranked offense last season and put up a fight against A&M, so don't be too hard on the team. But... only a touchdown victory, and yes, I know we would have scored at the end if we didn't take a few knees. No excuse. Secondary needs to stop getting beat, and o-line needs to block for Landry (although they blocked for Demarco quite well). Penalties... uggggggh.

10- Iowa State over NIU: I saw this game on Thursday... ugly, ugly win against a mediocre opponent at home. Too many mistakes, too much early season excitement, I guess. Their QB needs to calm the eff down.

11- KU loses to nobody: Perhaps the coddle monster Turner Gill wasn't the best fit for a team of misfits and rejects that most big schools don't recruit.

TBD: Tech vs. Smoo Ponies at 2:30 p.m. Oklahoma time on ESPN... or ESPN 2.

Tech looks terrible but SMU has improved.

and of course as soon as I say that they score again

Sabanball
9/5/2010, 05:43 PM
Big 12! Big 12! Big 12!!!!!.....;-)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

badger
9/5/2010, 06:07 PM
Tech looks terrible but SMU has improved.

and of course as soon as I say that they score again

oh man, they let them back into the game like we did against USU. Let's share the #9 spot for awesomeness... which is to say not awesomeness :(