PDA

View Full Version : Didn't see game... had to

IGotNoTiming
9/5/2010, 07:52 AM
monitor it through espn game cast.... which has gotten a somewhat better interface but i digress.
things you cant tell from gamecast that i have ask-

#1.) Was Landry off target or were receivers dropping passes?

#2.) I seem to remember penalties killing us. How many 15-yarders did we amass?

#3.) Were the problems in the secondary due to getting beat "mano a mano" or broken coverages?

Thanks in advance.

thatmediadude
9/5/2010, 08:25 AM
1. Landry was off target. Broyles and Stills actually saved his rear end a couple of times when he had no business throwing it to them in the first place. He looked a LOT like Nate Hybl last night...PURE panic. Never checked off his first option... Took WAY too many sacks. Overall performance was dreadful.

2. Wort alone got 2 15 yarders I think. Beal got one, too..but that was was REALLY bush league. He hit the QB as it came out and they flag him for roughing the passer. That was was bad. The others were ok. Only 1 or 2 false starts... Fairly clean other than 2 stupid personal fouls.

3. The corners (Fleming and Hurst) looked semi-lost. Hurst looked a little better than Fleming. Fleming had his back to the QB every play. It was like he couldn't keep up with anyone and got turned around. There was no safeties over the top, so man to man definitely killed us. Oddly enough, both corners did add an INT to their stat sheet..Overall, it was a scary 1st game for the defense in general.

LOTS of question marks with this team. The offensive plays were just dreadful to watch. Nothing opened up, no deep pass attempts, no misdirection running plays, no tight end plays. Kevin Wilson is obviously smarter than me, but if I only have to defend 3-4 plays from an opposing team, I like my chances. Here's to Bob and company ironing out the wrinkles for next Saturday....cause if they don't...it'll be a LONG day vs. the 'Noles.

HOpe this explained it fairly well, guys.

BOOMER SOONER!