PDA

View Full Version : Intro Video

meoveryouxinfinity
9/5/2010, 12:18 AM
kinda sucked (too much spring practice video) compared to the past few years.

and the timing of coming out of the tunnel was WAY off.

I'm disappointed. Thoughts?

yankee
9/5/2010, 12:19 AM
yeah, the delay between the video and the team coming out was an unpleasant surprise. the latter half of the video was good, first half was meh.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/5/2010, 12:21 AM
yeah, the delay between the video and the team coming out was an unpleasant surprise. the latter half of the video was good, first half was meh.

It could've been a freaking Nike dri-fit commercial (the first half of the video). Shots of turf to waist.. it's like they were trying to get too creative and artsy and it just didn't have the same effect as it would have if they had put a compilation of Ronnell Lewis hits from last season. Personally I think they went the wrong direction with the spring practice crap

oudavid1
9/5/2010, 12:22 AM
Huge letdown, and the team coming out life is cool, the hallway of the switzer center not so much. Sorry, but i miss the legends. more legends!

And what would be cool is if Bob comes on at the end and says

"Its game time, Welcome to Norman"

Collier11
9/5/2010, 12:23 AM
well, weve had the same theme for what, 5 years now, it ceases to excite people and on top of that, the timing was off, just like our D and our QB all night, I except it will get better

meoveryouxinfinity
9/5/2010, 12:25 AM
well, weve had the same theme for what, 5 years now, it ceases to excite people and on top of that, the timing was off, just like our D and our QB all night, I except it will get better

yeah, the theme was awesome when it came out though. I just didn't like the video at all. But they did have a pretty tight fan appreciation video with a bunch of clips with AD..:cool:

oudavid1
9/5/2010, 12:25 AM
I except it will get better

the team or the video

jk

both!

Collier11
9/5/2010, 12:26 AM
and I meant expect, not except, lol

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/5/2010, 12:30 AM
could have been worse....you could have not been able to see it, like those of us who had to listen to the game on the radio

meoveryouxinfinity
9/5/2010, 12:32 AM
could have been worse....you could have not been able to see it, like those of us who had to listen to the game on the radio

you didn't miss much! pretty miserable game to be at.

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/5/2010, 12:35 AM
i can imagine, listening to the game in the radio was a nightmare. i'd have probably thrown myslef in front of a truck by the end of the third qtr, if i'd been there

sooner59
9/5/2010, 12:35 AM
It didn't get me pumped really at all like the ones from previous years. It was very meh. I was really disappointed, but oh well. And yeah the delay thing just added to the disappointment. Normally the video ends and fans are screaming just as the players come out onto the field and the place goes nuts. This time the whole thing was pretty unenthusiastic. I hope it gets better and the plan it better.

The Consumate Showman
9/5/2010, 12:38 AM
Last year's intro...muy mucho. :D

This year's...not so much. :rolleyes:

meoveryouxinfinity
9/5/2010, 12:41 AM
i can imagine, listening to the game in the radio was a nightmare. i'd have probably thrown myslef in front of a truck by the end of the third qtr, if i'd been there

There was a full crowd 'til the end though, which is usually a bad sign. :(

I am still in shock from that game. Completely not what I expected. Especially how gawd awful Landry was. Even when he completed passes, the WRs seemed to have to lay their body out to catch it. Good thing is we know Landry can and will do better. That should be the easiest of our problems to fix.

badger
9/5/2010, 12:49 AM
Even though it reportedly sucks, does anyone have a link :O

yankee
9/5/2010, 12:51 AM
Even though it reportedly sucks, does anyone have a link :O

sooner sports hasn't uploaded it on facebook or youtube yet. unless somebody has a secret link i don't know about or already uploaded a vid they took in the stadium, it'll probably be another day or two.

badger
9/5/2010, 12:52 AM
cool. had a sick day back home. hope you all behaved when at owen field when we didn't beat the spread ;)

sooner59
9/5/2010, 12:58 AM
I wasn't happy about that either, badger.

yermom
9/5/2010, 01:06 AM
the thing with following them all the way from the locker room must sound better on paper than reality. that was way too long and the crowd was getting pretty quiet

the intro video was also a little too light on action. hopefully they have a new edit next week

Pricetag
9/5/2010, 08:25 AM
Didn't they do the thing with the team coming from the locker room when Blake was here? "THE SOONERS ARE COMING!"

sooneron
9/5/2010, 08:37 AM
Bri is SO gonna neg you guys...

badger
9/5/2010, 09:33 AM
I just asked NP about it and he said he loved the video part, but that it was awkward for the camera crew, because when they cut to them,they were still in the locker room and not ready to take the field - that they were in the locker room so long that the music ran out and the crowd was not sure what to do and neither were the cameras.

So hey, maybe get some "Jump Around" or "Hey Song" or "Immigrant Song" mixed in to keep the crowd going next time and you'll all have a winner. Can't really blame the video guys that the team didn't come out as planned... ugh, the team did a lot of things that weren't planned yesterday :(

SCSooner71
9/5/2010, 10:12 AM

Try following the game on gametracker with no radio. It was pure hell!!

Leroy Lizard
9/5/2010, 10:54 AM
I just asked NP about it and he said he loved the video part, but that it was awkward for the camera crew, because when they cut to them,they were still in the locker room and not ready to take the field - that they were in the locker room so long that the music ran out and the crowd was not sure what to do and neither were the cameras.

So hey, maybe get some "Jump Around" or "Hey Song" or "Immigrant Song" mixed in to keep the crowd going next time and you'll all have a winner. Can't really blame the video guys that the team didn't come out as planned... ugh, the team did a lot of things that weren't planned yesterday :(

How did the crowd manage to stay pumped before we had all this technology?

yermom
9/5/2010, 11:30 AM
back then the crowd didn't have to get distracted by TV timeouts and intro videos ;)

meoveryouxinfinity
9/5/2010, 11:34 AM
back then the crowd didn't have to get distracted by TV timeouts and intro videos ;)

you forgot the worst thing.... THE PREVIOUS PLAY IS UNDER REVIEW...

*collective groans from the audience, student section sits down in agony*