PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what Phil Steele is thinking?

VA Sooner
9/4/2010, 11:14 PM
Just out of curiosity... wonder what Mr. Steele is thinking about right now after seeing this performance.

Good offensive team who just showed us their defense is a lot better than last year's. I'm impressed with the second year coach and what he's been able to do.

I hope I see them win every game from here on out (including the Boise State game)! That would make me feel better.

A little better.

Work to be done with the team this week...

soonerboy
9/4/2010, 11:15 PM
Like I said in the last thread...

My championship pick is 1-0

delhalew
9/4/2010, 11:17 PM
Phil Steele is thinking his numbers don't lie. The Sooners came out flat and pathetic. The basic truths that caused him to choose us still apply. We shall see if our team can execute, or if we curl up and die.

bluedogok
9/5/2010, 12:16 PM
It's a long season, his (and all) prognostications of national champions are based on the end of the season and not the beginning of the season. No one had OU picked in 2000 but yet they ended up with the championship, a team can start out poorly but if they win, even ugly, they can end up in the championship game.

I don't buy into the preseason hype, especially when it comes to OU because for the most part they are wild-assed guesses because there are too many variables from year to year and there is way too much talent out there for even the top teams to just "reload". There are always going to be learning curves for the new starters coming in especially without any kind of preseason scrimmage against someone else. Playing against your own guys is never as good of a test as going against someone else.

adoniijahsooner
9/5/2010, 12:17 PM
It's a long season, his (and all) prognostications of national champions are based on the end of the season and not the beginning of the season. No one had OU picked in 2000 but yet they ended up with the championship, a team can start out poorly but if they win, even ugly, they can end up in the championship game.

I don't buy into the preseason hype, especially when it comes to OU because for the most part they are wild-assed guesses because there are too many variables from year to year and there is way too much talent out there for even the top teams to just "reload". There are always going to be learning curves for the new starters coming in especially without any kind of preseason scrimmage against someone else. Playing against your own guys is never as good of a test as going against someone else.

love this post

StoopTroup
9/5/2010, 12:21 PM
Phil Steele is thinking his numbers don't lie. The Sooners came out flat and pathetic. The basic truths that caused him to choose us still apply. We shall see if our team can execute, or if we curl up and die.

Folks need to get the idea of "We're playing Utah St" out of their heads. Utah St. has some good players, they were under-rated IMO and in the 2nd half...OU had every possible scenario for curling up and dying but they didn't. Some of those guys stepped up their game...said...."NOT ON OUR FIELD!" and put an end to a bad night. I'm betting there will be some folks practicing their asses off this week.

Collier11
9/5/2010, 12:24 PM
Who the hell really cares, this is retarded. Until we lose a game it doesnt matter, at this point we are 1-0

stoops the eternal pimp
9/6/2010, 01:16 AM
c11 has a micro penis

Sooner70
9/6/2010, 09:16 AM
Don't know what he's thinking, but I'll speculate.....

"I told you'all that Utah State would've made my Most Improved list if their star RB Turbin hadn't got ACL torn in Feb and miss first month of season. The Aggies have talent with 16 returning starters. I knew they would be better. I was surprised at the Sooner's lack of production, although I've gotten used to them starting out slow, even with good talent. Really, this week's practice will tell the tale of the tape....this is the week that coaches earn their living. OU will have to make some adjustments this week, and Saturday's contest with FSU in Norman will really tell what kind of season OU will have. If they can do what I think they can do, I'll hang in there with the Sooners. If they fall flat again against the Seminoles, all bets on my preseason predictions are off. Although, I'll have to say that I wasn't all that impressed with Texas' first game either. I think both these teams will come around, though."...........
"

Jason White's Third Knee
9/6/2010, 10:11 AM
I'll bet he is thinking "buy my magazine".

King Crimson
9/6/2010, 10:15 AM
in 2000 we were losing to Terry "Booger" Allen and KU on our home field....IIRC. we almost lost to a 3 win Poke team.

Collier11
9/6/2010, 10:27 AM
c11 has a micro penis

nah, its just that you have a really big mouth

King Crimson
9/6/2010, 10:34 AM
phil steele also had Colorado as one of his "breakout" teams last year. they won 3 games. all at home.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/6/2010, 10:36 AM
nah, its just that you have a really big mouth

Zing!

texaspokieokie
9/6/2010, 10:37 AM
who is phil steele ?

stoopified
9/6/2010, 10:38 AM
Whew

Jacie
9/6/2010, 12:02 PM
Meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow . . .

yankee
9/6/2010, 12:11 PM
i bed he'd want to give this thread a 1 star rating if he saw it. definitely not championship worthy.

yukonsooner
9/8/2010, 08:59 PM
Phil Steele prediction OU 38 FSU 24

JLEW1818
9/11/2010, 06:41 PM
bump

delhalew
9/11/2010, 06:42 PM
The man knows his business.

stoopified
9/11/2010, 06:43 PM
Ditto

adoniijahsooner
9/11/2010, 06:49 PM
The man knows his business.

Look at what he said prior to this game......

Steele's Players Of The Week For This Week:

Landry Jones, Oklahoma - Last week Jones had a “poor” outing throwing two interceptions and completed only 47.2% of his passes in the 31-24 win. This week I expect him to rebound against a Florida St defense that allowed 435 ypg a year ago and my computer predicts 353 yds passing for the Sooners as they should play with something to prove this week.

GKeeper316
9/11/2010, 06:51 PM
i know what phil steele is thinking... "I'm a mother****ing super genius".

Blue
9/11/2010, 06:51 PM
Look at what he said prior to this game......

Damn!