PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation We Overlooked Them?

soonerboy
9/4/2010, 11:10 PM
You Decide...

"As players, we thought we were at the top of the world, ranked seventh, all that," linebacker Travis Lewis said. "A Utah State team comes in here and they almost beat us. So, it's a great humbling experience as a team, as a defense and as players."

Mad Dog Madsen
9/4/2010, 11:10 PM
YES.

VA Sooner
9/4/2010, 11:12 PM
Number 12 offense in 2009.

Definitely overlooked them.

Kids listening to all the media hype.

So did I.

I wonder what Phill Steele is thinking? Anyone know?

soonerboy
9/4/2010, 11:13 PM

So did I.

I wonder what Phill Steele is thinking? Anyone know?

My championship pick is 1-0

Okie35
9/4/2010, 11:18 PM
I didn't even look at Borels stats from last year until after this game. I saw them and said, oh ok. We definitely overlooked them.

85sooners
9/4/2010, 11:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhI0OVs_zj0&feature=player_embedded

TXBOOMER
9/4/2010, 11:23 PM
I believe we did look past Utah State to some degree. I'm not sure why...you would think they would come out and make a statement. I think they were a well coached team and better than we thought they were.

Okie35
9/4/2010, 11:37 PM
A lot of teams are playing bad this week... Wisconsin is struggling, and Cincy is losing.

OK2U
9/4/2010, 11:52 PM
Stoops post-game presser:
http://www.soonersports.com/allaccess/index.html?media=192256
Doesn't sound like Stoops overlooked them

soonerboy
9/4/2010, 11:53 PM

Of course stoops is going to say they didn't overlook them, and anyways it doesn't matter if he did or didn't he's not the one on the field playing the game.

Leroy Lizard
9/5/2010, 12:02 AM
You Decide...

"As players, we thought we were at the top of the world, ranked seventh, all that," linebacker Travis Lewis said. "A Utah State team comes in here and they almost beat us. So, it's a great humbling experience as a team, as a defense and as players."

The witch hunt begins.

For the record, there is nothing to be read into Travis' statement. (I suppose he could have said, "Crap, we felt that USU was going to whip up all over us. We feel lucky in coming out the win.")

hawaii 5-0
9/5/2010, 12:08 AM
Stoops would NEVER say he overlooked an opponent.

I hope the Defense sees this as a big wakeup call.

5-0

OK2U
9/5/2010, 12:08 AM
Lewis in post-game:

We didn't overlook Utah State, we just didn't play up to Oklahoma standards
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/090410aad.html

Collier11
9/5/2010, 12:15 AM
we sucked, we won, dont overreact or underreact

CrimsonJim
9/5/2010, 12:23 AM

lol...I don't think it could be put any better than that.

Okie35
9/5/2010, 12:27 AM

He's the coach not the players. They came in over confident.

Okie35
9/5/2010, 12:29 AM
Lewis in post-game:

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/090410aad.html

He also said what the OP quoted. Travis is contradicting himself lol... they over looked them plain and simple.

Veritas
9/5/2010, 12:41 AM
Yup, you overlooked them. But OU won't overlook another team for the rest of the year. Focus will be crystal clear on the week's opponent, not on the next, because guys will be saying "don't forget the USU game."

It's a good thing. It's an unimportant early season game, OU won, and nobody that matters (e.g. the BSC voters) is going to remember how. All they'll think about is the last game, maybe the one before that, and the W-L column.

Leroy Lizard
9/5/2010, 01:20 AM
USU exposed some weaknesses that we need to overcome. In all, the close game may have done the team a favor. Asking the players how they feel about the game and trying to divine some freaky inner meaning in their words is pointless and completely unfair to them.

Widescreen
9/5/2010, 01:38 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how overlooking them caused Landry to misfire over and over again and lock onto receivers and take ridiculous sacks.

GKeeper316
9/5/2010, 01:41 AM
i guess in this case we should be glad that it was a PPV game and nobody outside the sooner nation watched it...

soonerboy
9/5/2010, 01:46 AM
i guess in this case we should be glad that it was a PPV game and nobody outside the sooner nation watched it...

not exactly true...down here in el paso every one saw it

sooner59
9/5/2010, 01:46 AM
I'm hoping there is a silver lining as well. Hopefully it did them a favor like you said. FSU's game was an *** whipping of a I-AA team that did them little good in preparing for a game in Norman. They were done at halftime, it was never in doubt, and did not present them with any adverse conditions. It will be night and day from Samford in Tallahassee to OU in Norman....especially after the intensity of this week's practices after this "game" we played. I see a hungry Sooner team versus a FSU team that is probably chuckling at our 31-24 win over Utah State. I hope the Noles come in overconfident and expecting a win.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/5/2010, 01:48 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how overlooking them caused Landry to misfire over and over again and lock onto receivers and take ridiculous sacks.

this...this..this....

I guess landry was overlooking his WRs

sooner59
9/5/2010, 01:52 AM
Yeah, I am hoping Landry gets it together this week. Its amazing how much a young team can learn in just one week by watching themselves on film and seeing their mistakes and making strides to correct it. I bet we don't see some the mistakes we saw today against FSU. I am specifically hoping Fleming and Nelson wake up.

Okie35
9/5/2010, 02:01 AM
this...this..this....

Landry said he didn't trust the O-line and sped up his passes. He'll get it together next week, hopefully. FSU will blitz allllllll game.

soonerboy
9/5/2010, 03:21 AM
this...this..this....

I dont know if you have ever played football or not...I'm going to assume you have, and if so you would know that if you're not mentally into a game your play will suffer. Landry just wasn't mentally prepared for the game and thats what caused all of that, he just wasn't as alert as he should be...he'll be fine

Leroy Lizard
9/5/2010, 03:43 AM
I dont know if you have ever played football or not...I'm going to assume you have, and if so you would know that if you're not mentally into a game your play will suffer.

So far, so good.

[quote Landry just wasn't mentally prepared for the game...[/QUOTE]

He played badly. But we don't know why. But I bet he plays a lot better next week.

Okie35
9/5/2010, 04:30 AM
So far, so good.

[quote Landry just wasn't mentally prepared for the game...

He played badly. But we don't know why. But I bet he plays a lot better next week.[/QUOTE]

He answered the ? on sooner sports

Jones said he rushed himself and didn't trust his protection enough.

"I was a little off tonight. I didn't play very good," he said. "It's frustrating not playing the way you know you're capable of playing. I'll get better."

swardboy
9/5/2010, 05:55 AM
I dont know if you have ever played football or not...I'm going to assume you have, and if so you would know that if you're not mentally into a game your play will suffer. Landry just wasn't mentally prepared for the game and thats what caused all of that, he just wasn't as alert as he should be...he'll be fine

LOL!! soonerboy, this is like someone saying to Sir Edmund Hillary "I don't know if you've ever taken a hike, but..".....I'll just leave it at that.

NOVSooner
9/5/2010, 06:40 AM
"Didn't trust his protection"? he's had since january to learn to develop and trust his protection. he better get a feel and a trust for his line. to be a captain that statement should not be uttered.

TMcGee86
9/5/2010, 08:09 AM

I was literally saying this same thing in my head when I got to your post.

That's a bingo.

SoonerJack
9/5/2010, 08:12 AM

This + 1

Breadburner
9/5/2010, 08:14 AM
Whats not trusting your protection have to with getting rid of the football....

stoops the eternal pimp
9/6/2010, 12:34 AM
LOL!! soonerboy, this is like someone saying to Sir Edmund Hillary "I don't know if you've ever taken a hike, but..".....I'll just leave it at that.

hahaha!:D

Curly Bill
9/6/2010, 12:40 AM
soonerboy trying to lecture STEP on football, that there's some funny stuff. :O

stoops the eternal pimp
9/6/2010, 12:41 AM
seems I dont understand Landry jones had mental problems

Curly Bill
9/6/2010, 12:45 AM
I'm just hoping LJ doesn't sleep through the next game, you know: so he'll be more alert.

soonerboy
9/6/2010, 01:06 AM

Which is why I said i'm going to assume you have

Curly Bill
9/6/2010, 01:07 AM
Which is why I said i'm going to assume you have

You should just stop already. :O

soonerboy
9/6/2010, 01:08 AM
soonerboy trying to lecture STEP on football, that there's some funny stuff. :O

I'm not lecturing anybody, I was pointing out a flaw in his POV

Curly Bill
9/6/2010, 01:09 AM

No really, you just have to stop.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/6/2010, 01:12 AM

you brought an opinion you have, not a flaw I have..

StoopTroup
9/6/2010, 02:21 AM

Send Josh Heuple an email and ask.

If he doesn't answer....you can wait and see if Stoops fires him next Monday along with Venebles and Wilson. :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
9/6/2010, 02:29 AM
The odds of winning out every year in Div IA are very low yet each and every year we have a bunch of folks who watch one football game and start screaming like Chicken Little that the sky is falling. It's easy to be the person who's Conspiracy Theory that our Coaching Staff is suspect and that we will need to wait until next year for the elusive #8 to happening. Me? I've seen Bob and his Staff torture us with a slow start every damn year he's been Head Coach. It's hard to watch sometimes especially if a loss happens...but we aren't dealing with Professional Football Players...we are dealing with kids who like playing with a few guys that one day might be Professional Football Players.

I'm prOUd of how OUr guys stepped up to put a "W" on the board Saturday.

Bring it FSU!

Widescreen
9/6/2010, 10:13 AM
Send Josh Heuple an email and ask.

If he doesn't answer....you can wait and see if Stoops fires him next Monday along with Venebles and Wilson. :rolleyes:
I have no idea what you're talking about. I said nothing about coaching.

At.

All.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/6/2010, 10:28 AM
I did.

YOU'RE ALL FIRED!

OK2LA
9/6/2010, 10:37 AM

Damnit Collier, I loved my previous signature so much!

Did you just invent a new word?

stoopified
9/6/2010, 10:37 AM

So did I.

I wonder what Phill Steele is thinking? Anyone know?Whew?

delhalew
9/6/2010, 10:56 AM
I have no idea what you're talking about. I said nothing about coaching.

At.

All.

It doesn't matter. You dared to criticize a sh!tastic performance.

There is no happy medium around here. Either the world is coming to an end, or everything is hunky dory. Pick one and get in line.:rolleyes:

Jason White's Third Knee
9/6/2010, 11:01 AM
Damnit Collier, I loved my previous signature so much!

Did you just invent a new word?

He's full of sigs lately.

Collier11
9/6/2010, 11:02 AM
full of sigs or sh*t? :D

sooner59
9/6/2010, 01:18 PM
Probably both...heavy on the latter. :D

Collier11
9/6/2010, 01:34 PM
especially this morning, im 3 in already