wr B
ol C-

dl C-
lb D
db D-

always good to win a close one! ;)

TXBOOMER
9/4/2010, 10:42 PM
What up HOH.....We hit 100% of PAT's and FG attempts how would you grade that? I'd give it a D-.

I pretty much agree with everything up top other than I'd go with a D+ for the OL based on the pass blocking.

Sooner Among The Pack
9/4/2010, 11:32 PM
I'd give the WR a C, outside of Broyles, it wasn't a good performance.

Not a single catch by a TE. I think only one target. God do we need a pass catching TE like Gresham again.

I'd give Landry a C-. He did have a few good throws and threw well on the run. He really played poorly in the 2nd half, however.

Defintley agree on the DBs.

noobalicious
9/4/2010, 11:33 PM
i give them all an A- because I'm using Mark May's grading scale.

ccmike9
9/4/2010, 11:37 PM
I'm in the middles of writing a pretty extensive write-up. Should I continue or will no one read it haha?

yankee
9/4/2010, 11:41 PM
if 200+ yards from demarco only warrants a B+, i can't even imagine your expectations for an A+. ;)

Dio
9/4/2010, 11:42 PM
F- for the whole stinking lot of them, except DeMarco and Ryan

rawlingsHOH
9/4/2010, 11:53 PM
if 200+ yards from demarco only warrants a B+, i can't even imagine your expectations for an A+. ;)

He got a crapload of carries and did a really nice job. He won it.

I stand by the B+ though, very good, not earth shattering.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/6/2010, 01:09 AM
good stuff

yermom
9/6/2010, 01:59 AM
i think 200 yards, no fumbles, warrants an A

the top 3 rushers this weekend so far are from the Big 12...

i'm surprised there was nothing to Ratteree

StoopTroup
9/6/2010, 02:13 AM
Yeah....the grade is emotionally flawed due to the lack of belief in Sooner Magic and the proof that the Oklahoma Sooners are Coached by one of the best active College Football Coaches in Div IA Football. Any other school would have been graded so freaking low that their Athletic Directors and Head Coach would have been fired on Tuesday morning.

Dooshtastic Thread. You get a A+ for Dooshiness.

I think folks are wearing the "We're supposed to blow everyone out!" on their sleeve without actually sizing up the opponent. If the folks who gave us close games or even had beaten us early in the year had been complete busts after playing us and our team had ended up -.500 for the season....people would be jumping out windows and calling for Stoops job AKA Barry Switzer pre 1985...

This kind of crap gets pretty old....but I'll still stand behind a Coach Like Stoops who is going to be at OU for a very long time. We didn't play up to our potential....that was obvious....but I still don't see anyone on our schedule that we can't beat.

soonerfromgeorgia
9/6/2010, 07:20 AM
QB play deserves a F.

Curly Bill
9/6/2010, 11:08 AM
I think they all deserve an A+

I mean to get a win over mighty Utah State is quite the big deal. :rolleyes:

rawlingsHOH
9/6/2010, 11:58 AM
Yeah....the grade is emotionally flawed due to the lack of belief in Sooner Magic and the proof that the Oklahoma Sooners are Coached by one of the best active College Football Coaches in Div IA Football. Any other school would have been graded so freaking low that their Athletic Directors and Head Coach would have been fired on Tuesday morning.

Dooshtastic Thread. You get a A+ for Dooshiness.

I think folks are wearing the "We're supposed to blow everyone out!" on their sleeve without actually sizing up the opponent. If the folks who gave us close games or even had beaten us early in the year had been complete busts after playing us and our team had ended up -.500 for the season....people would be jumping out windows and calling for Stoops job AKA Barry Switzer pre 1985...

This kind of crap gets pretty old....but I'll still stand behind a Coach Like Stoops who is going to be at OU for a very long time. We didn't play up to our potential....that was obvious....but I still don't see anyone on our schedule that we can't beat.

weird

rawlingsHOH
9/6/2010, 12:06 PM
i think 200 yards, no fumbles, warrants an A

When he got his yards, there was room to run. When he got shutdown, there wasn't. He played well. Just didn't think spectacular. 6 yards per carry against USU should be what our TB gets. Though he deserves special mention for his workhorse like 35 carries. When I watch the replay I may change my opinion.

StoopTroup
9/6/2010, 12:14 PM
weird

I thought the same thing when I saw your little Elementary School grading system.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/6/2010, 12:16 PM
I think Murray had a fantastic game, especially in a game where Kevin Wilson and Bob Stoops always make a point to establish a running game and where Landry Jones couldn't hit the wide side of a barn after halftime.

StoopTroup
9/6/2010, 12:19 PM
When he got his yards, there was room to run. When he got shutdown, there wasn't. He played well. Just didn't think spectacular. 6 yards per carry against USU should be what our TB gets. Though he deserves special mention for his workhorse like 35 carries. When I watch the replay I may change my opinion.

Did you go to the game?

They gave him special mention during the game.

The "Player with Heart" Player of the game.

85,000 folks saw DeMarco stand up and pull our boys together on the field. We haven't had a guy like that in awhile IMO. There are guys who make Captain for coin flips and there are guys who lead and expect the other guys to pick it up....

As much as Travis Lewis wants to be a leader....DeMarco stands out. The rest of the guys should work to be like him. What he did was be more than a workhorse Saturday night.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/6/2010, 12:21 PM
Did you go to the game?

They gave him special mention during the game.

The "Player with Heart" Player of the game.

85,000 folks saw DeMarco stand up and pull our boys together on the field. We haven't had a guy like that in awhile IMO. There are guys who make Captain for coin flips and there are guys who lead and expect the other guys to pick it up....

As much as Travis Lewis wants to be a leader....DeMarco stands out. The rest of the guys should work to be like him. What he did was be more than a workhorse Saturday night.
agree
http://ouinsider.com/media/images/big/1283697340.jpg

Soonermagik
9/6/2010, 12:23 PM
Murray had 200+ yards and 2 touchdowns. B+.. really?

meoveryouxinfinity
9/6/2010, 12:26 PM
Murray had 200+ yards and 2 touchdowns. B+.. really?
to be fair the original poster said RB B+, not Murray B+

I thought the backup RBs were about C and Murray was A+...

rawlingsHOH
9/6/2010, 02:46 PM

rawlingsHOH
9/6/2010, 02:48 PM
I thought the same thing when I saw your little Elementary School grading system.

perhaps it was elementary because i did it in the parking lot, after the game, kind hard to be detailed when writing on an iphone. hence the title "prelim".

but please, tell me where Bob disagrees...

Qb D-
rb B+
wr B
ol C-

dl C-
lb D
db D-

IronHorseSooner
9/6/2010, 02:56 PM
QB: D
RB: B+
WR: B+
OL: C+ (anytime you have a 200 yd. rusher, you have to give them some credit)

DL: C-
LB: D
DB: D (Bad, but did save the day in the end)

ST: B+ (Tress was his usual self, CK with a good return, Paddy did make all of his kicks)

rawlingsHOH
9/6/2010, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I hope to watch the replay, to really watch the OL, but I think they are only showing the condensed version. It was kind of hard to gauge how they performed. I'm fairly certain all the sacks (3) were on LJ, but I know he got drilled a couple times because of breakdowns.

rawlingsHOH
9/6/2010, 03:02 PM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/site/articlepath.aspx?pg=sports&articleid=20100905_92_B2_CUTLIN866188&subjectID=92

John Hoover offers another "elementary" report card...

Offense: C
Defense: D+
Special teams: B+

soonerhubs
9/6/2010, 04:59 PM
Question: Was Landry's pocket presence bad last year? Could it just be first game jitters?

Curly Bill
9/6/2010, 05:20 PM
Murray was obviously pretty damn good, but if ya tote it 35 times against Utah State you should have over 200 yards. I'd give him an A mainly for being man enough to tote it 35 times, but Jim Brown hasn't stepped aside yet.