PDA

View Full Version : Did any of the Freshman look like potential stars?

adoniijahsooner
9/4/2010, 10:28 PM
Didnt see the game, but I heard Jefferson, Millard, and Stills making plays. Was there anyone else?

mightysooner
9/4/2010, 10:30 PM
Hahahahaha.....our freshmen or theirs?

delhalew
9/4/2010, 10:31 PM
Stars? Compared to most? Stills caught a couple. I think Millard did a little something. Not much to be proud of tonight.

GKeeper316
9/4/2010, 10:31 PM
Stills looked decent.

ousooners182
9/4/2010, 10:34 PM
Jefferson is a ballhawk.

Soonerjesse27
9/4/2010, 10:46 PM
calm down people.............geez. were 1-0

MikeInNorman
9/4/2010, 10:47 PM
No hype was lived up to.

SCxxSOONER
9/4/2010, 11:15 PM
Tom Wort

Soonerjesse27
9/4/2010, 11:17 PM
step away from the ledge...everything is gonna be okay. bad game, still a win , moving on

instigator
9/4/2010, 11:23 PM
Tom Wort

I didn't see that. I saw a lot of missed tackles. He didn't do what I was expecting, but it was hist first game so he should get better.

delhalew
9/4/2010, 11:25 PM
I didn't see that. I saw a lot of missed tackles. He didn't do what I was expecting, but it was hist first game so he should get better.

From the radio call, you would think Wort single handedly gave them 10 points.

Sooner Among The Pack
9/4/2010, 11:27 PM
Stills made a few mistakes early but made a couple of nice catches late.

Wort played out of position early but also played better, as did the D, when it mattered in the 4th.

They had a couple of FB designed plays for Millard, and he run blocked well when we were in the I.

Jefferson didn't do anything special other than one open field tackle. Someone needs to help Jamell Fleming or Ponder will eat him alive.

oudavid1
9/4/2010, 11:35 PM
Wort had two stupid penalties, Jefferson's tackling sucked. Murray wouldn't have scored if it wasn't for Millard's great block. Brennan Clay was uneventful

yankee
9/5/2010, 12:09 AM
what kind of defense were we in tonight? 4-2-5? jefferson seemed to almost be playing in the linebacker position for much of the night, and i saw a lot less of ronnell lewis than i had hoped for. and he was mostly in the DE spot.

yankee
9/5/2010, 12:11 AM
Wort had two stupid penalties, Jefferson's tackling sucked. Murray wouldn't have scored if it wasn't for Millard's great block. Brennan Clay was uneventful

wort got a big slap on the head from beal or t. lewis after that second one. then bob stoops tore him a new *** hole on the sideline. seriously, those are the kinds of plays that if they happen in big games, will cost us a W. i love the intensity that wort plays with, but he's gonna have to learn when to keep his emotions in check.

yankee
9/5/2010, 12:15 AM
Wort: "I take responsibility for the two personal fouls and I won't let them happen again. I let my teammates down and I am not going to let that happen again."

at least he owned up. good for him, let's put this week behind us.

gaylordfan1
9/5/2010, 12:19 AM
Jefferson's tackling sucked.

I beg to differ.... I think he is the one that stood out the most. I was very impressed with how he handled his first start. He showed up tonight.

Wort, very subpar tonight.... I expected more. But good for his first start in Norman.

Hell, I expected more of the entire defense....

oudavid1
9/5/2010, 12:19 AM
Wort: "I take responsibility for the two personal fouls and I won't let them happen again. I let my teammates down and I am not going to let that happen again."

at least he owned up. good for him, let's put this week behind us.

Alright young man, i forgive you :)

back to work we go.

Florida State.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/5/2010, 12:23 AM
Anyone else think the offense got MUCH better when they lined Miller up to the left of Landry? Having him in there seemed to be a positive. START MILLER!!!

yankee
9/5/2010, 12:25 AM
Anyone else think the offense got MUCH better when they lined Miller up to the left of Landry? Having him in there seemed to be a positive. START MILLER!!!

thought kenney looked pretty good when the ball was thrown his way. had a nice TD grab called back by a stupid penalty and his jump over the kicker on that KO return was pretty sweet. not sure how to fit miller and kenney in starting 4, unless stills drops down.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/5/2010, 12:34 AM
thought kenney looked pretty good when the ball was thrown his way. had a nice TD grab called back by a stupid penalty and his jump over the kicker on that KO return was pretty sweet. not sure how to fit miller and kenney in starting 4, unless stills drops down.

I would start Miller and bench Stills. Not that Stills played poorly, but I could tell a difference with Miller in. He made the entire offense better. I'm not sure I could say the same for Stills...yet.

yankee
9/5/2010, 12:39 AM
I would start Miller and bench Stills. Not that Stills played poorly, but I could tell a difference with Miller in. He made the entire offense better. I'm not sure I could say the same for Stills...yet.

agreed. kenny looked a little lost for the first few quarters. i think it's obvious he and landry still have to work on the timing...they were a few beats off today.

sooner59
9/5/2010, 12:50 AM
At least we aren't talking about how or receivers can't catch the ball like last year. Last year we had to nurse Landry along and half the time when he did play well, our WRs couldn't catch. Not a big problem tonight. But with the exception of Broyles, they weren't getting open that well. And Landry can play better. I expect him to. I wish we would have tried to go down field more with the passing. It worked pretty well when we did.

yankee
9/5/2010, 12:53 AM
At least we aren't talking about how or receivers can't catch the ball like last year. Last year we had to nurse Landry along and half the time when he did play well, our WRs couldn't catch. Not a big problem tonight. But with the exception of Broyles, they weren't getting open that well. And Landry can play better. I expect him to. I wish we would have tried to go down field more with the passing. It worked pretty well when we did.

the only catchable ball that i remember being dropped was when calhoun dropped an easy one on the flat. i was like

http://files.sharenator.com/FUUUU_RE_FFFFFUUUU_Pizza-s508x387-44250.jpg

sooner59
9/5/2010, 12:56 AM
Oh, and Donald Stephenson is slooooow. Their DE was running right past him and getting to Landry. Anytime their is a fast DE on his side, we need to roll Landry the other way. I thought that dude was supposed to be decent. Chalk it up to not playing last year...same with Wort...who also did his fair share of whiffing.

On another note, Ronnell Lewis had some big hits on kickoffs, however most of them were on players not carrying the ball. :D

Oh well, at least we didn't give up any big plays on ST. ST was actually fairly solid tonight. O'hara's FG was a spiral line drive, but hey, it did go in. I can't complain with that.

sooner59
9/5/2010, 12:57 AM
Yeah, Calhoun didn't look like he belonged on the field. I feel better knowing that Madu has shown to be a better runner and pass catcher and will be playing next week.

pappy
9/5/2010, 03:27 AM
I think Tony Jefferson is gonna end up being a beast of a safety. It seemed like he was always around the football.

The first few passes to stills were bad passes or he got interfered with. I like the back shoulder pass play to him where he caught it with 1 hand.

sooner59
9/5/2010, 04:55 AM
Stills seemed tight. He has talent. If he loosens up, he will be very effective.

soonerborn30
9/5/2010, 10:47 AM
Stills looked like he quit on a couple routes, and it looked like they weren't communicating very well at all.

I like Wort's intensity, but I agree that he needs to channel that into better - legal - tackling.

I really like having actual plays where we hand the ball to the fullback. That was nice.

Soonermagik
9/5/2010, 10:53 AM
I agree that Jefferson looked awesome. He looked like a junior or senior out there and made some stellar tackles.

Stills made a few good catches and dropped one or two. He's going to be a beast soon.

That was really about it for the new guys. I guess Millard looked decent too. I think Wort has a lot to learn. Wort's roughing the passer penalty really hurt and Stoops let him know it.