PDA

View Full Version : Did we look ahead to FSU?

Soonermagik
9/4/2010, 09:58 PM
I think so. I think we underestimated their QB's mobility. I hope this will be a wake up call. Hey, at least we're 1-0.;) Last season we were 0-1 at this time.

Leroy Lizard
9/4/2010, 09:59 PM
I don't think teams do that. It just so happens that from time to time you play like crap. And the other team plays great. (Let's not forget USU's determination in all this.)

VA Sooner
9/4/2010, 10:03 PM
First game... always need to work out the jitters and get your feet going again after 9 months.

Half-time adjustments didn't seem to help much at all.

Utah State played very well... played their guts out and that QB was incredible!

Soonermagik
9/4/2010, 10:04 PM
I don't think teams do that. It just so happens that from time to time you play like crap. And the other team plays great. (Let's not forget USU's determination in all this.)

What if I told you I know for a fact they were already game planning for FSU? ;)

I really hope that's what it was. I think guys underestimated this team. I think Stoops billed these guys as the second coming and they bought it. Heck, they may be, but they aren't there yet.

The ship isn't sinking, but we are taking on water. Those mistakes tonight are correctable. This team still has a chance to be really good, they just have to correct the fundamentals.

sooneron
9/4/2010, 10:05 PM
I think that is the easy way to reason this game, but from listening to the game tonight (hopefully, I will see a replay), it appears that this team is still without a leader. I had a good feeling about this team coming into tonight and that feeling is gone. Yeah, they could turn it around, but they don't appear to be anything special with the exception of a few individuals.

edit: at best 9-3.

silverwheels
9/4/2010, 10:07 PM
I want to say yes, but I don't think it's really the case.

Soonermagik
9/4/2010, 10:08 PM
I think that is the easy way to reason this game, but from listening to the game tonight (hopefully, I will see a replay), it appears that this team is still without a leader. I had a good feeling about this team coming into tonight and that feeling is gone. Yeah, they could turn it around, but they don't appear to be anything special with the exception of a few individuals.

edit: at best 9-3.

Will your prediction change if they hammer FSU by 21+ points?

Leroy Lizard
9/4/2010, 10:09 PM
What if I told you I know for a fact they were already game planning for FSU? ;)

Link?

sooneron
9/4/2010, 10:12 PM
Will your prediction change if they hammer FSU by 21+ points?

MAYBE. This team will have issues on the road and in Dallas, even with * looking pretty bad against rice.

Soonermagik
9/4/2010, 10:18 PM
Link?

LOL.. No link. I won't disclose my source, but I'll stake my reputation on it. In fact, I spoke to a specific starter about it. Trust me, these guys overlooked Utah State.

Leroy Lizard
9/4/2010, 10:20 PM
LOL.. No link. I won't disclose my source, but I'll stake my reputation on it.

Well, tell us what your reputation is first.

BTW, if we truly did plan ahead, then that was a good call. We won, and now have more preparation then we would have had normally. That's why Bob gets paid the big bucks.

sooneron
9/4/2010, 10:21 PM
Well, we were looking ahead to CU back before the osu game in 01.

GKeeper316
9/4/2010, 10:30 PM
while we did play like crap, let's give credit where its due... utah state played a tough game. i think if they'd had their starting tailback, they'd have won the game.

we had too many dropped passes, too many coverage breakdowns in our secondary, and it seemed to me like our linebackers weren't playing disciplined football, leaving holes open and over pursuing in the backfield.

our o-line wasnt particularly impressive either...

PDXsooner
9/4/2010, 10:34 PM
I know this much...when you struggle against no-name teams, it feels a lot better when you get the win. Compare this to how you felt after TCU in '05, or BYU last year. (I know those aren't no-names, but we were heavy favorites)...

I expect OU to look a lot better next week, just as I expect Texas and Florida to look better. Hell, at least we're not Ole Miss...

possumfat
9/4/2010, 10:37 PM
In the pregame show Bob said this years has the potental to be better than people are predicting them to be............................

Leroy Lizard
9/4/2010, 10:40 PM
In the pregame show Bob said this years has the potental to be better than people are predicting them to be............................

And he's maybe right. Let's see how we do against FSU.

IronHorseSooner
9/4/2010, 10:44 PM
I didn't watch the game, but it seemed like once they went up 21-0, they went into cruise control, and had a hard time getting back into gear. Couple that with looking ahead to FSU and USU having a full offseason to prepare for us like it was their bowl game, and this is the outcome that you get.

tooslow
9/4/2010, 10:53 PM
I feel better after reading some of these posts. I'm glad FSU didn't overlook their opponent and gameplan for us next week. It also seems FSU didn't get coached into first game jitters, so that means second game jitters are a given. The only thing that I'm concerned about with the game next week against FSU is that their receivers and backs "might" be just as fast as Utah States. Nah, their probably not......

OKC-SLC
9/4/2010, 11:24 PM
Well, I know Landry wasn't looking ahead to FSU because he was too busy staring down his primary receiver all night.

;)

Okie35
9/4/2010, 11:26 PM
I didn't watch the game, but it seemed like once they went up 21-0, they went into cruise control, and had a hard time getting back into gear. Couple that with looking ahead to FSU and USU having a full offseason to prepare for us like it was their bowl game, and this is the outcome that you get.

My point exactly. A lot of mental errors on defense was the reason why Utah State even got into scoring position.

Okie35
9/4/2010, 11:27 PM
Well, I know Landry wasn't looking ahead to FSU because he was too busy staring down his primary receiver all night.

;)

I don't think you can help it when hes the only one open like 90% of the time.

oudavid1
9/4/2010, 11:30 PM
Either way i dont blame the coaches for wanting to be vanilla because we are gonna face a very physical team next week.