PDA

View Full Version : I had a meltdown!

delhalew
9/4/2010, 09:28 PM
Cooler heads please talk me of the ledge. I am proud of ya'll that were there. I could here you guys yelling till the end.

Leroy Lizard
9/4/2010, 09:31 PM
We won.

If that doesn't get you off the ledge, proceed to lean forward.

fossil
9/4/2010, 09:34 PM
Cooler heads please talk me of the ledge. I am proud of ya'll that were there. I could here you guys yelling till the end.

:eek: I'm just hoping to hell that Utah St. is a lot better than the experts thought they were. If they're not, looks like the Sooners have a lot of work to do between now and next game.

Rogue
9/4/2010, 09:36 PM
Rusty, young, sloppy team tonight.
Even if Utah State is twice as good as we thought, we blew a 21 point lead.

Leroy Lizard
9/4/2010, 09:38 PM
Yeah, but is that any worse than having to fight from behind?

tulsaoilerfan
9/4/2010, 09:38 PM
I was disappointed in Landry tonight; he didn't look like he has progressed much since last season

noobalicious
9/4/2010, 09:39 PM
Even though the secondary had some meltdowns, they still had some key interceptions. Landry has no excuses for completing only 47% of his passes and throwing 2 picks.

Either Utah St improved a whole hell of a lot over the summer and fooled everyone, or we really stunk it up.

ouwasp
9/4/2010, 09:41 PM
Well, I remember the Vandy opener in '77, OU looked pretty poor in winning. Still had an okay season, won the Big 8. The Sooners didn't look like all that at Minnesota in '85, yet won the MNC that yr.

So maybe they will wake up. Wish there was a cupcake next week. But since it is FSU, they need to grow up fast or an embarrassment is in the making!

delhalew
9/4/2010, 09:43 PM
Somebody who saw that crap tell me I heard it wrong.

IronHorseSooner
9/4/2010, 09:44 PM
USU, IIRC, gave Boise somewhat of a game last year. I remember reading something about Borel in a magazine that said he was a good dual-threat guy.

Leroy Lizard
9/4/2010, 09:44 PM
What did you hear?

TXBOOMER
9/4/2010, 09:48 PM
Shatty game but we won. Thanks DeMarco. I'm not even going to bother commenting on the other BS.

VA Sooner
9/4/2010, 10:05 PM
Need to go back to the archives to read about Utah State last year giving BoiseState a tough time.

swardboy
9/4/2010, 10:08 PM
I'm sorry to say that Landry was locked on to receivers all night. And he had that "deer in the headlights" look too.

The two freshmen corners looked like freshmen. OUr "monster" linebackers didn't put any fear into the utah aggies. And our place-kicking will be all too exciting yet again...And how does a national powerhouse STILL not be able to kick-off into the end zone?

TXBOOMER
9/4/2010, 10:12 PM
I'm sorry to say that Landry was locked on to receivers all night. And he had that "deer in the headlights" look too.

The two freshmen corners looked like freshmen. OUr "monster" linebackers didn't put any fear into the utah aggies. And our place-kicking will be all too exciting yet again...And how does a national powerhouse STILL not be able to kick-off into the end zone?

The first extra point and the field goal were looked like 8th grade kicks. I'm very disappointed in the kicking situation. O Line was very average at best.

Breadburner
9/4/2010, 10:40 PM
43 for Utah State was just a crusher tonight....Kid played great....I was not impressed with Wort at all.....He should be running his *** off after this game...

PalmBeachSooner
9/5/2010, 08:56 AM

I'd go ahead and jump. It ain't going to get any better I don't think. Other than Demarco and Broyles the rest of the team stunk it up.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/6/2010, 12:48 AM
did he jump?

StoopTroup
9/6/2010, 02:37 AM
The two freshmen corners looked like freshmen.

Which freshman corners are you talking about?

Colvin and Lynn?

soonerloyal
9/6/2010, 07:18 AM
Either Utah St improved a whole hell of a lot over the summer and fooled everyone, or we really stunk it up.

Here is an Ole Miss fan's perspective on their loss. Some of it could be applied to our narrow win over USU:

I won't call our loss to JSU embarrassing for the simple reason that that takes away from the great game played by JSU. Disappointed in a poor performance and a lack of preparation seems more fitting. Fact of the matter is...JSU was better prepared and coached, and continued to play hard for the entire game. We (OM fans) have no excuses...we got beat by the better team yeserday.
What this game tells me is a couple of things.
First, WTH happened to our offense in the 2nd half? Seriously...WTH happened? I've said since the day he left that we were probably going to miss Kent Austin...and I'm even more convinced of that now. Whomever is in charge of our offense had better develop a killer instinct in a hurry or it's going to be a VERY long season.
Lastly, where was our D in the 4th quarter? We're getting killed with their passing...and we don't blitz the QB? That's the 2nd worst lack of defense I've ever seen from an OM team...the worst was our meltdown during the 2nd half of the 4th qtr against the bellclangers in '07. If this type of play becomes the norm, we'd better drop the Landshark stuff and start considering Guppies instead.
But...I rant. Pull it together, Rebs...I know we're much better than what we saw yesterday. And I don't want to hear any "heartbeat" rah-rah stuff...I'll be satisfied with a pulse.
Finally, congrats to JSU for never giving up and playing like they believed they could win...well-done, Gamecocks.

oumartin
9/6/2010, 07:36 AM
Well look at it this way I suppose. Last year OU started 0-1. Lost their Heisman qb. At leat this year they are 1-0 and didn't lose anyone for the season during the game

huskerland
9/6/2010, 08:09 AM
Rusty, young, sloppy team tonight.
Even if Utah State is twice as good as we thought, we blew a 21 point lead. I think you just discribed the Huskers also. Don't forget that Utah St. just spent the entire year preparing for Ou , while OU as preparing their team for the entire season. To replay at mid season OU wouldn't blow a 21 point lead but, win by 21. IMO, first games do have a lot of rust! Poor KU has a lot of rust

delhalew
9/6/2010, 09:13 AM
We had flashes of brilliance. It just seemed over the radio that these kids aren't playing like Sooners. It made me think of a broken down over-worked Defense that just quite in Lubbock last year.

I can see the positives to come from the situation. I just find the whole thing incredibly alarming.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/6/2010, 01:32 PM
Well look at it this way I suppose. Last year OU started 0-1. Lost their Heisman qb. At leat this year they are 1-0 and didn't lose anyone for the season during the game

always the positive guy :D

SoFla Sooner
9/6/2010, 02:41 PM
Hell, if you didn't jump off any ledges last year, why would you jump now?

We were relatively injury free in an absolute piece of crap performance that we actually won. In reality the game was never really in doubt. It was about to be, but it wasn't.

It was pretty clear from the very beginning that we were the far more talented team, that we were giving poor effort, and that our QB had his head up his A$$ the entire night.

If you thought we were a top 3 team and were going to look like it from game one with this many Freshman then you might want to readjust your expectations. Otherwise, cheer up. Could be a fun season. Did you watch Texas-Rice?

SoonerMom2
9/6/2010, 03:41 PM
Did all of you forget how many penalties we had even in the first game from our offensive line last year moving before the snap? That was a positive from the game Saturday night. So was the late interception by one of our backs who had been picked on all night.

That quarterback was slippery and could get away to make completions.

Landry Jones had 'happy' feet and deer in the headlights look when he couldn't seem to get the ball thrown away. He did not look like someone who had started a lot of games. Just think what his percentage of pass completions would have been without Ryan Broyles. Jones needs to step up and have a very good game. He throws too many interceptions.

Pricetag
9/6/2010, 04:03 PM
Those guys threw the kitchen sink at us offensively. I couldn't believe all the things they did. They ran spread passing stuff, spread option stuff, some power run stuff, and even some not-full wishbone, but very close to it, option stuff.

You'll never convince me that we have spent all of our time preparing for this offense. We have been preparing for Florida State, as well, and they caught us off guard.

Utah State the team is also a lot better than Utah State the name this year, as well. They won't hold on to that coach for very long.

delhalew
9/6/2010, 04:13 PM
Those guys threw the kitchen sink at us offensively. I couldn't believe all the things they did. They ran spread passing stuff, spread option stuff, some power run stuff, and even some not-full wishbone, but very close to it, option stuff.

You'll never convince me that we have spent all of our time preparing for this offense. We have been preparing for Florida State, as well, and they caught us off guard.

Utah State the team is also a lot better than Utah State the name this year, as well. They won't hold on to that coach for very long.

I believe you. I really do. I just don't know how we can talk about that game without talking about a lack of discipline and a sense of malaise.
Those are the sort of things bother me the most.