PDA

View Full Version : On the Eve of a new season...

Okla-homey
9/2/2010, 07:27 PM
I would simply like to state, there is absolutely nothing standing between this 2010 Sooner squad and a MNC but sufficient determination...and the right calls from the zebras.

Prayers for an injury free season. Prayers for traveling mercies to all those who make the pilgrimages to Norman on Saturday. May your trips be quick, uneventful and may your drive home be happy as you revel in the victory you witnessed.

May God bless our great kids who don the glorious Crimson and Cream who, before Merle Haggard, made us all proud to be Okies. And may God bless their coaches, the whole Sooner athletics she-bang, and THE University of Oklahoma.

BOOMER!

StoopTroup
9/2/2010, 07:29 PM
SOONER!

stoopified
9/2/2010, 07:40 PM
I would simply like to state, there is absolutely nothing standing between this 2010 Sooner squad and a MNC but sufficient determination...and the right calls from the zebras.

Prayers for an injury free season. Prayers for traveling mercies to all those who make the pilgrimages to Norman on Saturday. May your trips be quick, uneventful and may your drive home be happy as you revel in the victory you witnessed.

May God bless our great kids who don the glorious Crimson and Cream who, before Merle Haggard, made us all proud to be Okies. And may God bless their coaches, the whole Sooner athletics she-bang, and THE University of Oklahoma.

BOOMER!Amen

goingoneight
9/2/2010, 08:09 PM
My ex's friends were the ones who were killed in that plane crash last year... sometimes things like the trip to the game are overlooked.

Soonerntxs
9/2/2010, 10:25 PM
Thank you for the prayer, one sent back...were driving in from Xt. and are super excited! God Bless!

oudavid1
9/2/2010, 11:13 PM
I wouldnt exist if my grandfather hadnt made the choice that was Oklahoma football in the summer of '51, So i thank him!

OU-HSV
9/2/2010, 11:15 PM

BOOMER!

Word

SunnySooner
9/2/2010, 11:15 PM
Amen, Homey!!!

SouthFortySooner
9/3/2010, 12:15 AM
I stood in the ICU waiting room and watched the Oregon debacle while my beautiful wife of 25 years lay dying from cancer. I understand about being numb while watching, 'just football'.

However, I hate the Ducks with a passion.

Thank you for you prayer.

swardboy
9/3/2010, 08:54 AM
Hear, hear, Homey

or here, here....never was sure how that went...

Another glorious fall in the pigskin-gilded halls of college football (ok, I know it's really cowskin)

StoopTroup
9/3/2010, 09:24 AM
My Son went to School this morning. Looks like his B-Day is gonna rock. Now I just have to get my **** together. Why does everything have to hurt?

KantoSooner
9/3/2010, 09:47 AM
I'll be watching from home with my 98 year-old grandfather, Pat, who tried to walk on with the 1930 team (as he puts it, only one thing stood in his way: he wasn't good enough).
He will be enjoying his traditional game day martinis, which I will be very happy if I can do at his age.
The man spans every era from Owen forward, but I don't know how many more seasons he'll be around to enjoy it.
If I have a football Gods request for this season it would be to let him see one more undefeated stomp to the national championship.

BOOMER SOONER!!!

soonerloyal
9/3/2010, 10:13 PM
I'll be watching from home with my 98 year-old grandfather, Pat, who tried to walk on with the 1930 team (as he puts it, only one thing stood in his way: he wasn't good enough).
He will be enjoying his traditional game day martinis, which I will be very happy if I can do at his age.
The man spans every era from Owen forward, but I don't know how many more seasons he'll be around to enjoy it.
If I have a football Gods request for this season it would be to let him see one more undefeated stomp to the national championship.

BOOMER SOONER!!!

I'll second that, Sir. God bless him.

Leroy Lizard
9/3/2010, 11:02 PM

I coulda' been a contender!

http://a21.idata.over-blog.com/283x283/0/34/38/73/posts-eric/Jackie-Wright-1.jpg

recemp
9/4/2010, 12:48 PM

BOOMER!

Amen.
Will miss the home opener, but I'll be with the faithful in Chicago.
Be driving down for all the rest including Tejas.
Can't wait.
Boomer