PDA

View Full Version : Bob Stoops is a warrior...

44BluesExplosion
9/2/2010, 01:58 PM
There was lots of talk in the off season about what to do with DeMarco Murray. He's one of the best athletes many of our coaches claim to have ever seen. He's grace and power in one package - a rare one. He has the physical ability to be whatever he wants to be.

Of course, there is the injury thing. And this has been the one hinderance to Murray. The knee thing set him back and I think a lot of fellas wondered if Murray would be Murray again. From all reports this spring and summer, Murray is without little doubt, himself again. He's cutting hard and most impressively, he's showing the explosiveness that makes him so damned scary.

Even so, some folks are just prone to injury. Under breath, many have the feeling DeMarco is one of these fellas. There is nothing anyone can do about it, so the only thing to do is play him hard and hope for the best.

Still, common sense makes ya think that it might be a good idea to insulate DeMarco from opportunities that could lead to further injury. He's the best kick returner on the team, but he's more important as a running back then as a returner.

I figured DeMarco's time as a returner were over. I know a few guys in the program figured that too. They had a glimpse of him in practice returning kicks, but others got more opportunities and it was just assumed that the duties were being shifted.

Saturday's depth chart is a glimpse into the soul of Bob Stoops. Balls out... Best talent on the field... Murray can do it... And he wants to do it.

That's the loyalty of a warrior right there.

soonerinkaty
9/2/2010, 02:00 PM
I'm slightly aroused

Lott's Bandana
9/2/2010, 02:27 PM
I'm slightly aroused

heh.

StoopTroup
9/2/2010, 02:29 PM
Common sense would tell ya not to shake hands with katy until you see him wash his hands.

BillyBall
9/2/2010, 02:30 PM
Why has he been negged so much? Screw that...

StoopTroup
9/2/2010, 02:31 PM
Lack of common sense?

swardboy
9/2/2010, 03:59 PM
Must have been one of CK's neg jihads (little prick). 44Blues is one of my favorite posters WHENEVER he posts here.

StoopTroup
9/2/2010, 04:01 PM
Not much of an explosion though really....

85sooners
9/2/2010, 04:14 PM
:texan:

Scott D
9/2/2010, 04:57 PM
Must have been one of CK's neg jihads (little prick). 44Blues is one of my favorite posters WHENEVER he posts here.

I've rectified the situation.

44BluesExplosion
9/2/2010, 09:28 PM
Someone named "stooptroup" gave me a whole mess of neg spec. I don't mind though... That stuff seems a bit juvenile to me.

In any case, thanks for the green.

goingoneight
9/2/2010, 09:56 PM
Demarco's two injuries could have happened if he was hit on the sideline. You play the best of the best... and that's what DM is. We were #1 in the country 2 years running on kickoff returns, then he suffers two fluke injuries, one of which wasn't on an actual return, rather on the hands team trying to preserve an opportunity to win... and the coaches are all of a sudden morons for playing him on ST. Hopefully last year's craptastic results on ST reminds people we need our best out there, regardless of whatever risks. It may only be one play, but if you don't have guys you can count on back there, it could end up being the most important play of the game.

picasso
9/2/2010, 10:46 PM
I'm slightly aroused

:D