PDA

View Full Version : ESPN - Jeremy Bloom Predicts BCS Title To Be A Rematch of 2007 Fiesta Bowl

Okie35
9/2/2010, 11:12 AM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5519778
(Video)

w/ us getting revenge against Boise State ... uh ohh :eek: and Mark Schlabach is a clown.

soonerborn30
9/2/2010, 11:28 AM
So that's 2 ESPiN analysts to pick us to go the title game.

We're screwed.

:eek:

BillyBall
9/2/2010, 11:30 AM
What I loved was that they had 2 ESPN writers predict Bowls and one had OU winning the Big 12 and not making a bowl. Great journalism...

sooner518
9/2/2010, 11:39 AM
while it might feel like we backed into a national title if we play them, I would love to beat the ever-loving **** out of those POS's and crush their national title dreams.

budbarrybob
9/2/2010, 11:41 AM
while it might feel like we backed into a national title if we play them, I would love to beat the ever-loving **** out of those POS's and crush their national title dreams.

^^ +1

Okie35
9/2/2010, 11:54 AM
What I loved was that they had 2 ESPN writers predict Bowls and one had OU winning the Big 12 and not making a bowl. Great journalism...

hahahaha

85sooners
9/2/2010, 12:04 PM
:pop:

badger
9/2/2010, 12:09 PM
Everyone's BCS bracket is gonna get busted after Monday night. Yes, Bois Estate has beaten us (grrr) and Oregon. What makes everyone so damn sure that BS is gonna continue to beat big-name teams each and every year? Why must every other team account for graduation turnover, having a target on their back, etc. except for Boy-zee?

Okie35
9/2/2010, 12:15 PM
Everyone's BCS bracket is gonna get busted after Monday night. Yes, Bois Estate has beaten us (grrr) and Oregon. What makes everyone so damn sure that BS is gonna continue to beat big-name teams each and every year? Why must every other team account for graduation turnover, having a target on their back, etc. except for Boy-zee?

I don't know. I think their coach is good, especially when it comes to preparation, despite 2007:mad: . I think they'll win, if they don't their season is over. They have more on the line than VT and will probably play like it.

HBick
9/2/2010, 12:26 PM
I hope Hurricane Earl stalls and pounds Virginia Monday night as I'm sitting at home doing my fantasy draft I can watch their QB throw 4 picks. Gale force winds and rain aren't exactly good for passing attacks.

Mississippi Sooner
9/2/2010, 12:33 PM
Or....say the hurricane does hit the area on Monday evening, they postpone the game until the first week of December, Mack Brown goes on national tv and whines a lot, and the Cal Bears wind up getting screwed.

2004 reference.

Widescreen
9/2/2010, 12:37 PM
So that's 2 ESPiN analysts to pick us to go the title game.

We're screwed.

:eek:

So...

If ESPN picks us, we're doomed
If ESPN hates us, we're doomed

Go tit.

soonerborn30
9/2/2010, 12:43 PM
Now that's a team I could get behind!

badger
9/2/2010, 12:50 PM
I don't know. I think their coach is good, especially when it comes to preparation, despite 2007:mad: . I think they'll win, if they don't their season is over. They have more on the line than VT and will probably play like it.

Their coach would have Dan Hawkins results anywhere else that mattered. He is essentially coaching Poke ball, where one regular season is the bowl game and the rest are gimmies, but he doesn't have the record the Pokes do, because unlike OSU, Boise isn't in a legit conference where they have more than one annual test.

I know I might sound like a bitter victim of the Statue of Liberty, and I am, but if they were a legit team, their two undefeated BCS bowl seasons would have counted for more if anyone that mattered wasn't convinced that their record was a sham.

KantoSooner
9/2/2010, 12:52 PM
"Tokyo Institute of Technology", it's a real school. Great sweat shirts and hoodies!
No football team, though.

Okie35
9/2/2010, 01:09 PM
Their coach would have Dan Hawkins results anywhere else that mattered. He is essentially coaching Poke ball, where one regular season is the bowl game and the rest are gimmies, but he doesn't have the record the Pokes do, because unlike OSU, Boise isn't in a legit conference where they have more than one annual test.

I know I might sound like a bitter victim of the Statue of Liberty, and I am, but if they were a legit team, their two undefeated BCS bowl seasons would have counted for more if anyone that mattered wasn't convinced that their record was a sham.

I agree w/ you. If Peterson had to prepare for legit teams week after week, he might look like Hawkins lol. Preparing for one tough game though I think he can manage a W. Most ppl think that VT will win. I really want Boise to fail ultimately ;) but not Monday. I'd rather it be when more is at stake. Yea this game is big but if they lose they could still make a BCS game given their ranking/record at the end.

soonerbrat
9/2/2010, 01:12 PM
i think Kirk Herbstriet picked OU to beat Ohio state in teh NC game. I either saw that on espn or I dreamed it.

JLEW1818
9/2/2010, 01:20 PM
he picked Ohio State to beat OU

but still

oudavid1
9/2/2010, 01:43 PM
does anyone know the movie where brain bozworth is like walking into a restaurant and he is whistling Boomer Sooner

BillyBall
9/2/2010, 02:09 PM

Last time they played a road game on the east coast Georgia prison raped them.

badger
9/2/2010, 02:09 PM

but still

He's required to. It's his alma mater. It's like Lou Holtz picking Notre Dame to do everything every year, but not as bad.

illinisooner
9/2/2010, 02:39 PM
All the SI guys picked either OSU or Bama to win the title game but most of them picked OU to win the Big 12.

Okie35
9/2/2010, 03:17 PM
Last time they played a road game on the east coast Georgia prison raped them.

They also didn't have a team that returned every starter but 1.

soonerboy
9/2/2010, 03:21 PM
Boise sucks...Boomer Sooner!

RedstickSooner
9/2/2010, 03:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5519778
(Video)

w/ us getting revenge against Boise State ... uh ohh :eek: and Mark Schlabach is a clown.

If that happened, it'd be quite possibly one of the most awesome things ever, in the history of the universe.

Unless we lost. In which case it'd suck.

BoulderSooner79
9/2/2010, 03:29 PM

No such thing as back door title. You could say 'Bama back-doored it last year by having Colt leave the game after the 5th offensive play. No way are the horns close to the #2 team once Gilbert was forced to play and I didn't see any 'Bama players or fans embarrassed to accept the trophy.

CobraKai
9/2/2010, 03:31 PM
No such thing as back door title. You could say 'Bama back-doored it last year by having Colt leave the game after the 5th offensive play. No way are the horns close to the #2 team once Gilbert was forced to play and I didn't see any 'Bama players or fans embarrassed to accept the trophy.

Or that Florida back-doored it when Demarco got hurt. :)

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/2/2010, 04:24 PM

but still

big shocker there...

EstablishedSooner1967
9/2/2010, 05:03 PM
He needs to go stick his head back in some snow!

GKeeper316
9/2/2010, 05:18 PM
who woulda thought jeremy bloom was a ****ing genius?

goingoneight
9/2/2010, 05:29 PM
When Boise played Jaw-Juh, Willie Martinez's secondary picked off Jared Zabransky 6 times.

I hope this guy can bring an elite level secondary to Norman, because we're always good in the front seven.