PDA

View Full Version : NICE initial Big 10 schedule for Nebraska.....

Salt City Sooner
9/1/2010, 10:55 PM
Hey Bobo, we're not in the Big 12 North anymore......:eek:

@ Wisconsin
tOSU
@ Minnesota
Michigan St.
Northwestern
@ Penn St.
@ Michigan
Iowa

PSU will be their annual cross-division game as well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5521814

85sooners
9/1/2010, 10:59 PM
:D

HBick
9/1/2010, 11:00 PM
Any word on when they'll play PSU early or late in the season?

I'd like to visit the big house some day, but definitely in September.

gaylordfan1
9/1/2010, 11:00 PM
They better hope they are on the up.... reloading if you will. Man, thats tough.

ouwasp
9/1/2010, 11:03 PM
Well, I gotta admit, the Huskers provided me some football pleasure back during the Dark '90s. (I had to have some decent team to enjoy!)

Then Callahan ruined everything.

But I think I hope they do okay. :)

SoonerJack
9/1/2010, 11:03 PM
See, and on the radio today Jim Rose was talking like that schedule will be a piece of cake.

I hope they fail and fail miserably.

sooner59
9/1/2010, 11:45 PM
Hey Bobo, we're not in the Big 12 North anymore......:eek:

@ Wisconsin (this game could be a blood bath...toss up, low score)
tOSU (most likely a loss, but you never know)
@ Minnesota (win)
Michigan St. (win, but not easy)
Northwestern (win, but surprisingly harder than expected)
@ Penn St. (loss)
@ Michigan (toss up...depends on if RichRod is still there)
Iowa (toss up)

PSU will be their annual cross-division game as well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5521814

Uh oh, Dr. Tom. You ain't in the Big 12 North anymore. I bet they schedule some cupcakes to make up for that conference schedule. I bet they find that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. The money is great, but if you are getting your *** handed to you in conference play, the honeymoon won't last long.

badger
9/1/2010, 11:58 PM
While you all think of on-field brutality, I'm picturing off-field brutality. Think burning couches is the worst thing Big Ten schools do when conference rivals visit town?

Wisconsin - NOT. SAFE. FOR. WORK. (or anywhere else) link here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEnq_5j_vNk)

Can you picture some nice-nice-nice Husker fans encountering that type of thing for the first time?

sooner59
9/2/2010, 12:26 AM
Wooowww....Madison is certainly different.

SoonerBorn68
9/2/2010, 12:45 AM
The Bugeaters are dead to me.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/2/2010, 01:38 AM
The Bugeaters are dead to me.They're just another non-Sooner team. WGAS? NOT ME

sooneron
9/2/2010, 07:00 AM
Wooowww....Madison is certainly different.

It's Classy with a K!

Sooner in Tampa
9/2/2010, 07:14 AM
The Bugeaters are dead to me.
I hope those chicken****s make it to the Big XII CCG and we are there to smack that *** right out the conference for good.

The OOC schedule they play is an embarrassment to college football...Western Kentucky, Idaho, and South Dakota State.

They better run the table this yr...cuz after that...SPLAT!!! A bug on windshield...they will be tOSU's beat down bitch!

Good riddance you cowards!!!

royalfan5
9/2/2010, 07:46 AM
While you all think of on-field brutality, I'm picturing off-field brutality. Think burning couches is the worst thing Big Ten schools do when conference rivals visit town?

Wisconsin - NOT. SAFE. FOR. WORK. (or anywhere else) link here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEnq_5j_vNk)

Can you picture some nice-nice-nice Husker fans encountering that type of thing for the first time?

We've played at Penn State recently y'know. We are familar with it.

XingTheRubicon
9/2/2010, 08:03 AM
Yeah, Nebraska's going to be really envious in a few years when they're playing in college football's most storied venues, and we're playing at Jack Trice stadium, KSU high school, Waco, Lubbock, Stillwater, and Lawrence.

I'm a Sooner, but our conference sucks.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/2/2010, 08:04 AM

Wow. I had no idea. That is utterly ridiculous. What possible explanation is there for that stupid chant other than "We are drunk all the time"? What is it for and why do they do it? I would expect that from Colorado and only Colorado.

Crucifax Autumn
9/2/2010, 08:11 AM
Colorado didn't buy the exclusive on dooshy fans. Have you forgotten about LSU? And do the Wisconsin fans cheer injuries like our "friends" at *?

Yeah...Lots of fans have no clue how to act and some places have a majority of that type of fan. Besides, like Badger reminded us with another link in another thread, some teams even had coaches that yell obcenities and cultural slurs at fans. Luckily we're all cool enough to make a big joke out of it, but still.

Funky G
9/2/2010, 08:32 AM
Uh oh, Dr. Tom. You ain't in the Big 12 North anymore. I bet they schedule some cupcakes to make up for that conference schedule. I bet they find that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. The money is great, but if you are getting your *** handed to you in conference play, the honeymoon won't last long.

Agreed.

Nebraska benefited with recruits after Switzer, allowing Tom to finally win a MNC. Then they got mad b/c they couldn't compete vs. the Big 12 South. Now they get the Big 10 vs. the Big 12 North. Buh-bye Neb.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/2/2010, 08:43 AM
Colorado didn't buy the exclusive on dooshy fans. Have you forgotten about LSU? And do the Wisconsin fans cheer injuries like our "friends" at *?

Yeah...Lots of fans have no clue how to act and some places have a majority of that type of fan. Besides, like Badger reminded us with another link in another thread, some teams even had coaches that yell obcenities and cultural slurs at fans. Luckily we're all cool enough to make a big joke out of it, but still.

Colorado gets my vote for the worst fans. I was at the Sugar Bowl w LSU and honestly I thought the fans were loud, obnoxious, but they liked to party their asses off. They were a ton of fun... then there were the drunk *******s. Even they didn't bother me until after the game. After the game there were a lot of poor sports throwing bottles, etc.

Colorado does this kind of crap and I am not sure that any of them are drunk. Plus their team sucks. I don;t get them.

soonerborn30
9/2/2010, 08:51 AM
What's really weird about CU is the weed is supposed to mellow you out. Not them, I guess.

Crucifax Autumn
9/2/2010, 08:51 AM
Oh, I agree about the Colorado fans being pretty much worst of all. I'm just saying there are other azzhats out there too.

Crucifax Autumn
9/2/2010, 08:53 AM
What's really weird about CU is the weed is supposed to mellow you out. Not them, I guess.

apparently the football fans aren't the mellow weed guys, but instead the loony tweakers or something. That or angry drunks.

soonerborn30
9/2/2010, 08:53 AM
OK, so I just watched Badger's link. What the hell is wrong with those people? Seriously.

texaspokieokie
9/2/2010, 08:54 AM
they're bad.

folks in our area (north end zone) wouldn't go for that stuff.

Mississippi Sooner
9/2/2010, 08:56 AM
This is just my own theory, but I always figured the Colorado fans, alumni especially, have a massive inferiority complex regarding our conference. I think they feel like the oddball cousin that always wanted to fit in and run with the big kids, but the big kids only tolerated them because the adults made them.

Colorado always wanted Nebraska to be a rival, but Nebraska never looked at them that way, even after the yearly Thanksgiving weekend game with us was ended. Deep inside, they've always known they were the nerdy cousin, and that makes them very angry.

KantoSooner
9/2/2010, 08:57 AM
While I am not happy that Nebs left the conference, I hope they destroy the B10. Maybe because I have had to live in that part of the country and listen endlessly to their delusional nonsense about how they, and only they, play football.
I want Nebs, as an 'outsider' to come in an never lose another in-conference game. That would please me greatly. No matter how unrealistic that hope is.

Crucifax Autumn
9/2/2010, 09:02 AM
I want them to do better there than they did here, despite my serious anger at them for bailing like bitches. Why? Because I want a team that's 10 years removed from being a real threat in OUr conference to absolutely OWN that overrated, yeaterday's story conference. And yeah...For that to work best I hope they either flop BIG TIME this season, get into the CCG with 3 or more conference losses, and get BURIED by OU. Yeah...That would be perfect.

soonerborn30
9/2/2010, 09:29 AM
they're bad.

folks in our area (north end zone) wouldn't go for that stuff.

+1 on that. Try that in Sec. 23 and you'd probably get dragged out by your ears and pummeled behind the Schooner...and that's just the women folk.

BillyBall
9/2/2010, 10:33 AM
Any word on when they'll play PSU early or late in the season?

I'd like to visit the big house some day, but definitely in September.

My wife and I have had season tickets to Michigan for 4 years. The coldest game I've attended was 40 degrees. It's actually pretty nice all year, the bathroom situation blows though.

BillyBall
9/2/2010, 10:34 AM
I used to respect Nebraska but Callahan ruined it for me. I hope that NW kicks their *** every year.

badger
9/2/2010, 10:46 AM
@ Wisconsin
tOSU
@ Minnesota
Michigan St.
Northwestern
@ Penn St.
@ Michigan
Iowa

Aside from picturing off-field violence, I am bored just looking at this Big Ten football schedule.

I foresee a lot of running backs plowing into massive offensive/defensive lines for short gains. I foresee a lot of non-existent passing games, subbed out for option quarterbacks and repeated handoffs. I see single digits on the scoreboard, which only has to stay on for three hours, because the clock never stops running.

Pinch me, I'm sleeping. Zzzzzzzzzzzz

tfoolry
9/2/2010, 10:54 AM

That started at Iowa back in the early 80's when the chant started with Taste's Great / Less Filling & turned into ES/FU. Iowa will easily be the most brutal road game for 'Holers due to all the alcohol AND hate.