PDA

View Full Version : KFOR Injury Updates 10:25PM 9/1/10

HBick
9/1/2010, 10:27 PM
Geneo Grissom broke his foot yesterday in practice, will undergo surgery and will redshirt for the upcoming season. He was slated to play according to BBJ.

Frank Alexander will probably NOT play due to his ankle injury, think that is more of a precaution to give him more time before FSU.

As usual, sorry if it's been reported already, but checked, and nothing on newsok as of now.

JLEW1818
9/1/2010, 10:29 PM
i can live with that.

it was this exact time last year that we learned about Jermaine Gresham.....

sooner59
9/1/2010, 10:33 PM
Probably a good idea for Alexander, especially if we are getting thin at DE depth. I am ok with OUr injury situation so far.

Soonerus
9/1/2010, 10:36 PM
Alexander would play if it was a big game...

HBick
9/1/2010, 10:54 PM
Alexander would play if it was a big game...

Completely agree, lets just keep our fingers crossed for tomorrow. I would give you all an update since I'll be in Gaylord during practice and can see over the fence without the security guards bugging me, but due to the weather I have a feeling they'll be in doors at Everest (correct?) with a 90% chance of rain P.M.

TahoeSOONER
9/1/2010, 11:10 PM
Bad time for Justin Chiasson to quit on his team. Two years of hard work was about to get him on the field. DE depth was set but now it's a concern.

gaylordfan1
9/1/2010, 11:11 PM
Geneo Grissom broke his foot yesterday in practice, will undergo surgery and will redshirt for the upcoming season. He was slated to play according to BBJ.

This blows! I was pretty excited about seeing him play. The coaches have had a lot of good things to say about him. Plus, getting him playing time this year would have only helped with our DE situation next year. We aren't exactly stacked at DE, but I guess we still have a pretty good 2 deep plus R. Lewis if needed.

Collier11
9/1/2010, 11:32 PM
and here we go again...Lets hope not but already, Finch, Box, Grissom, Alexander, blahhhhh

TahoeSOONER
9/1/2010, 11:35 PM
and here we go again...Lets hope not but already, Finch, Box, Grissom, Alexander, blahhhhh

Football happens

sooner59
9/1/2010, 11:37 PM
The good thing is that Finch isn't lost for the season (although I don't know about burning his redshirt for just a few games) and RB is pretty stacked this year. Box was battling with Wort for MLB, so at least we have a guy taking that spot with a big upside, plus I hear that Byrd kid isn't bad either. Grissom's deal sucks, but at least Alexander should be back soon. Let's just hope we don't don't topple the dominos like we did last year.

oudavid1
9/2/2010, 04:10 AM
Football happens

yep yep

in a related story at least we didnt lose the returning Heisman winner for our first ga.............nvm.