PDA

View Full Version : Big Red Rally cancelled

badger
9/1/2010, 03:53 PM
The event that birthed the horse pigs is a victim of the economy, but so is OSU's Orange Peel.

link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleid=20100901_12_0_Tesaes155112)

sooner59
9/1/2010, 04:15 PM
Saw that in the OU Daily. That sucks. I always liked the Big Red Rally. You were introduced to the team, captains, coaches, and got to see the new intro videos. Guess we have to see it at the game now. Saturday can't get here quick enough.

Oh, and LOL @ no Orange Peel. That was a much bigger deal to them. :D

GKeeper316
9/1/2010, 04:30 PM
i guess that means we gotta wait till kickoff to see the 2010 intro vid, huh...

badger
9/1/2010, 04:41 PM
I wonder... did this event really cost OU that much to put on? They leave the stadium lights on all night away, I guess that security would not be free to allow about 1,000 into the stands on a Friday night, but aside from that... what did CAC really spend money on? Flyers? T-shirts for their members?

Orange Peel on the other hand usually had a music act attached to it (Like All-American Rejects a few years back, since they're from Stillwater and all). Big Red Rally had... um... the Ruf Neks. The band. The coaches and the team captains. Oh yeah, and one year they had radio guys that completely bombed with the crowd. It was one of my first Owen Field memories, unfortunately:

One guy: The Sooner Schooner! It used to say something underneath...
Other guy: Let's see if it still does...
One guy: There it is --- "Baaaaaad Texas!"

(no crowd reaction whatsoever)

Leroy Lizard
9/1/2010, 04:45 PM
i guess that means we gotta wait till kickoff to see the 2010 intro vid, huh...

Until then, you can at least play the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf45I1ZI__w

Boomer.....
9/1/2010, 04:46 PM
What was the concert that OU put on a few times at Lloyd Noble? I thought it was called the Big Red Rally? It was our equivalent of Orange Peel.

StoopTroup
9/1/2010, 04:53 PM
We cancel something and little brother has to follow our every lead....typical. :D

yankee
9/1/2010, 05:04 PM
Until then, you can at least play the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf45I1ZI__w

does anyone know the actual song name in the background of the intro videos?

Leroy Lizard
9/1/2010, 05:12 PM

You didn't like my joke.

yankee
9/1/2010, 05:33 PM
You didn't like my joke.

ha. it just got me thinking about the real song.

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/1/2010, 05:39 PM

It's the theme from that boxing reality TV series "The Contender." I don't think it has any name other than "Theme from 'The Contender'"

EDIT: Here ya go...

yuq8UAT-if8

yankee
9/1/2010, 06:01 PM
It's the theme from that boxing reality TV series "The Contender." I don't think it has any name other than "Theme from 'The Contender'"

EDIT: Here ya go...

yuq8UAT-if8

awesome, thanks!

edit, just saw hans zimmer is the composer. of course, that makes total sense now.

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/1/2010, 06:10 PM
awesome, thanks!

Now that YOU got me thinking about the Intro Videos...I watched a few from 2008 that had some of Hans Zimmer's (duh!) and James Newton Howard's score from The Dark Knight.