PDA

View Full Version : Article: Sam Bradford keeping Rams in stitches

RoaminSooner
9/1/2010, 12:38 AM
Sam Bradford keeping Rams in stitches
August, 31, 2010

By Mike Sando
The "Elway Cross" defined the mark John Elway's bullet passes could leave on a receiver's chest when the point of the football made impact.

The St. Louis Rams might need to come up with another name for what happens when Sam Bradford's ball arrives at its destination.

One pass Bradford threw to Danny Amendola in the third exhibition game at New England tore up the receiver's hand. Amendola required six stitches for a wound Bradford called "pretty nasty" in appearance.

Amendola was wearing gloves, too.

sooner59
9/1/2010, 12:47 AM
:eek:

bri
9/1/2010, 12:54 AM
Forget the curve ball, Ricky. Give 'im the heater!

Crucifax Autumn
9/1/2010, 01:00 AM
Wow!

soonerboy
9/1/2010, 01:02 AM
So what Im getting from this is that, Sam broke everyone last year...it all makes sense now.

Collier11
9/1/2010, 01:04 AM
STUD

Harry Beanbag
9/1/2010, 03:06 AM
Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.

oumartin
9/1/2010, 04:59 AM

Wonder how long this statement will last before someone turns it dirty! :D

Sooner in Tampa
9/1/2010, 05:39 AM

HAHAHAHAHA....new siggy line!!!

badger
9/1/2010, 07:36 AM
Well, throwing the ball damn fast is one way to not get intercepted. There were a few that I thought the Pats had a chance of picking off, but perhaps the thought of losing part of your hand deterred them? :D

beer4me
9/1/2010, 07:40 AM
Geeeze that thing was moving!

swardboy
9/1/2010, 07:41 AM
I saw this a few days ago on a Ram board. That Amendola is a stud too; he played the whole first half with the wound before he pulled the glove off...I can't imagine making all the subsequent catches of bullets that he did.

85sooners
9/1/2010, 08:41 AM
:eek: ouch

SunnySooner
9/1/2010, 09:03 AM
Dang, you want some zip on the ball, but that's crazy. I've never seen/heard of that happening before, don't really understand HOW it could cut his hand deep enough to need stitches, that's just weird.

Mad Dog Madsen
9/1/2010, 09:07 AM
AWESOME! I take it Sammy B's shoulder is better now? :rolleyes:

Knippz
9/1/2010, 09:22 AM
This is awesome

IronHorseSooner
9/1/2010, 09:28 AM
That Amendola was the guy who caught the "first down that wasn't a first down for Tech back in 2005, too

Fixed:D

SouthFortySooner
9/1/2010, 10:53 AM
This is food for thought. My daydreams of running routes and catching passes in the NFL just got harder.

A similar story changed my dreams of catching fly balls in the outfield in the majors. When Pete Incaviglia went straight to the majors the papers ran a pic of him with his massive forearms crossed over a hole he had knocked the ball through a piece of plywood. In the outfield!

Leroy Lizard
9/1/2010, 11:22 AM
This is food for thought. My daydreams of running routes and catching passes in the NFL just got harder.

A similar story changed my dreams of catching fly balls in the outfield in the majors. When Pete Incaviglia went straight to the majors the papers ran a pic of him with his massive forearms crossed over a hole he had knocked the ball through a piece of plywood. In the outfield!

How is his ball going to land any harder than any other ball hit in the area? (And while the Bradford story sounds pretty neat... c'mon.)

oudavid1
9/1/2010, 11:59 AM
well you know what they say, the worlds best football players come from texas, cali, florida, alabama.................Oklahoma City.

SoonerLB
9/1/2010, 12:11 PM

Wonder how long this statement will last before someone turns it dirty! :D

Now you've gone and done it! I'll have to visit a site to be determined and do some thorough investigation into the realm of possibilities. ;)

SouthFortySooner
9/1/2010, 12:21 PM
How is his ball going to land any harder than any other ball hit in the area? (And while the Bradford story sounds pretty neat... c'mon.)

Uhh... because he hit it harder?

primetime43
9/1/2010, 12:45 PM

why are you always negative?

Leroy Lizard
9/1/2010, 01:05 PM
Uhh... because he hit it harder?

Then the ball would have went farther. But the ball landed in the outfield.

This is a common misconception. For example, we heard here that the punters in the NFL do something to the ball that makes them especially dangerous to catch. In truth, a 40-yard punt is a 40-yard punt and neither is inherently more tough to catch than the other. (Yes, you can get the ball to come down faster with a spiral, but those are hardly unusual.) And any two balls hit in the outfield will likely come down at roughly the same speed.

Leroy Lizard
9/1/2010, 01:06 PM
why are you always negative?

I figured that sooner or later someone was going to state the obvious. It might as well be me.

hgarmorer
9/1/2010, 01:18 PM
Then the ball would have went farther. But the ball landed in the outfield.

This is a common misconception. For example, we heard here that the punters in the NFL do something to the ball that makes them especially dangerous to catch. In truth, a 40-yard punt is a 40-yard punt and neither is inherently more tough to catch than the other. (Yes, you can get the ball to come down faster with a spiral, but those are hardly unusual.) And any two balls hit in the outfield will likely come down at roughly the same speed.

"The ball is to high" "Not to high, to hard" "Who gives a ****, its gone"

Leroy Lizard
9/1/2010, 01:23 PM
"The ball is to high" "Not to high, to hard" "Who gives a ****, its gone"

WTF is that?

soonerhubs
9/1/2010, 05:13 PM
It's nice to know he has excellent arm strength. At first glance I thought this was about him being a funny guy in practice.

StoopTroup
9/1/2010, 05:20 PM
There's a couple of posts in this one that don't make sense.

Leroy Lizard
9/1/2010, 05:20 PM
It's nice to know he has excellent arm strength. At first glance I thought this was about him being a funny guy in practice.

It's amazing how Soonerhubler manages to pick up on these things.

StoopTroup
9/1/2010, 05:21 PM
Wow....another one.

Leroy Lizard
9/1/2010, 05:21 PM
There's a couple of posts in this one that don't make sense.

That always pisses me off.

So who did it, StoopTroup? Come now, let's have the names! We need to get to the bottom of who is posting these inanities once and for all.

oudavid1
9/1/2010, 05:23 PM
uggghhhhhhh

http://newsimg.ngfiles.com/170000/170422_dancing_banana.gif

StoopTroup
9/1/2010, 05:23 PM
Yep...Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

StoopTroup
9/1/2010, 05:24 PM
...with a BASEBALL BAT!

TahoeSOONER
9/1/2010, 06:24 PM
It's a Major League movie line....it's too high....who gives a **** it's gone.

westbrooke
9/1/2010, 06:38 PM

Don't take this away from us. Don't thwart the legend. By the time Sam retires, he's going to be throwing the ball over them mountains, farther than Uncle Rico. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

Mississippi Sooner
9/1/2010, 06:54 PM
You all are missing the obvious. The ball was wrapped in barbed wire because Sam is extreme!!

StoopTroup
9/1/2010, 07:32 PM
Don't take this away from us. Don't thwart the legend. By the time Sam retires, he's going to be throwing the ball over them mountains, farther than Uncle Rico. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

Yup...

vXZTfNSJoP8

SouthFortySooner
9/1/2010, 07:59 PM
I figured that sooner or later someone was going to state the obvious. It might as well be me.

Everyone can ignore this except Captain Obvious. A ball hit on a line drive will be faster and harder than a flyball which falls from 300 feet or a mile for that matter. Especially one WHICH CAN PUNCH THROUGH A PIECE OF PLYWOOD!

prrriiide
9/1/2010, 08:25 PM
Please stop quoting Leroy. I have him on iggy so I don't lose brain cells. You guys are costing me.

Leroy Lizard
9/1/2010, 09:09 PM
Everyone can ignore this except Captain Obvious. A ball hit on a line drive will be faster and harder than a flyball which falls from 300 feet or a mile for that matter. Especially one WHICH CAN PUNCH THROUGH A PIECE OF PLYWOOD!

Yeah, line drives are so uncommon in baseball. :rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
Please stop quoting Leroy. I have him on iggy so I don't lose brain cells. You guys are costing me.

We can file this under "Prrrriiide's Problem."

bri
You all are missing the obvious. The ball was wrapped in barbed wire because Sam is extreme!!

E-C-W! E-C-W!!!

RedstickSooner
9/1/2010, 09:50 PM
I seem to recall another NFL quarterback cutting up some receivers' hands with the zip he put on the ball -- anyone else remember which other QBs have been known to do this?

Lott's Bandana
9/3/2010, 01:04 AM
Chuck Norris would suggest to it that it should penetrate titanium and the ball would ask, how deep?

Plywood? Meh.

ccmike9
9/3/2010, 03:11 AM
HAHAHAHAHA....new siggy line!!!

you don't kid around, huh? :D